IGNORED

Maxwell 32: Wearing Your Vest in 15 Minute Increments

Coconut Flan

On 8/22/2019 at 1:29 PM, onekidanddone said:

My husband just had shoulder surgery yesterday so I made his lunch today. Might be the drugs talking, because he preferred to have his sandwich without the paper. 

I will add that anyone can fulfill his manly desires, but only I can make him a riotous sandwich 

99D1CB0F-7E30-4B10-9337-85AE0B805735.jpeg

What is that white and blue bottle? I want that bottle.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

What is that white and blue bottle? I want that bottle.

Do you mean the one on the left? It is a mug from the Eldridge Street Synagogue in the Lower East Side NYC. 

https://www.eldridgestreet.org/

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I was surprised to see the older kids are doing Saxon Math, which is pretty mainstream compared to A Beka, Bob Jones, ACE, etc.

Saxon was the FIRST math of homeschool. Utterly beloved.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Saxon was the FIRST math of homeschool. Utterly beloved.

I don’t get how math is taught with a Christian focus. Math is a constant. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

They probably count loaves and fishes.  I'd guess they use them for multiplication too.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

30 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

If Peter left the pearly gates at 3:00, and the angel Gabriel left Australia at noon, at what time would they meet on Saturn?

There ya go. Math Christianized. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19
  • Love 6

Jesus had five loaves and two fishes.  He broke them and made sandwiches consisting of two slices of bread and four ounces of fish each and fed the 5,000 a whole sandwich each.  There were 12 baskets full of crumbs and a few fish scales left over weighing a total of 80 lbs.

1. How many slices of bread were in each loaf and how much did the fish weigh?  
  2. How many pounds of leftovers were in each basket?

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

The world is 6000 years old.  If ten billion precious blessings have been born, and .3% are truly saved, how many are now burning in Hell for all eternity?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 20
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Jesus had five loaves and two fishes.  He broke them and made sandwiches consisting of two slices of bread and four ounces of fish each and fed the 5,000 a whole sandwich each.  There were 12 baskets full of crumbs and a few fish scales left over weighing a total of 80 lbs.

1. How many slices of bread were in each loaf and how much did the fish weigh?  
  2. How many pounds of leftovers were in each basket?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • Love 5

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Your answer is correct , but you didn't show your work. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 25
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Your answer is correct , but you didn't show your work. 

@onekidanddone didn't need to show her work since 42 is the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

If one godly mother leaves the wrapper on each slice of cheese for ten sandwiches, and another godly mother removes the wrapper, what is the difference in weight per sandwich? Total difference for all eight sandwiches? 

If one family has five sons and three daughters, how many marriages will result when these children reach adulthood?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 22

I wish I still had the Rod/Staff math book--usually they were very ordinary word problems just with Amish/Mennonite names. Some Bible math questions such as with Biblical units of measure compared to modern measures. That's about it. I cannot sneer at the rigor of either the R/S grammar or math. Admittedly they did not teach Algebra-"ish" math, but it was very decent. My kids used Saxon in one public school--it reviews problems throughout the program. So, while you may move on to geometry, you will "warm-up" by reviewing multiplying fractions and other types of problems. It moves ahead in little bits too which was great for both of my kids. No big jumps in content.

• Upvote 3

From the latest Colorado post:

”The little grocery store wasn’t your typical store—but it had most groceries.”

”With our friends, we made desserts with  at least one unusual ingredient, and then let our families vote on them.”

”The brothers cut and served the desserts so that things would stay more anonymous.”

Sweet mother of God, Sarah—are you even TRYING anymore? WHY was the little grocery store unusual? What exactly were these desserts, and what do you mean by “unusual ingredient”—citrus oil, cacao nibs, chipmunk paws? What exactly do you mean by “things staying more anonymous”?

Let me give these a shot:

”The little grocery store was only about twelve square feet, powered by a solar panel, and staffed by a taxidermied grizzly bear.”

”We divided into teams and made different versions of the same cookie bar recipe, each with a different secret ingredient. The X family used special local ‘edible’ chocolate chunks, which were delicious!”

”The brothers served instead of baking (which would have made their dicks fall off), and didn’t let us know which team had baked what, so we could blind-test the results.”

See?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 28
  • Love 7

"There is something refreshing about leaving your normal routine/work schedule and being away." Sarah you are correct, but Colorado is always part of the schedule too.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

Is it too much to hope that the unusual ingredient might be related to cannabis?

If ever there was a family that could use getting stoned, it's the Maxhells.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I'm surprised Poor Sarah didn't photoshop a skirt on this lady:

IMG_0734-425x319.jpg

I bet Stevie enjoyed where he was sitting....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

I agree with everyone else, Sarah’s writing is crap. Desserts with unusual ingredients... such as? If they were voted on, who won? I remember the pie and game night they had with “the elderly” one night, where they did actually explain who made the photographed pies (eg Elissa did key lime and John did a white chocolate one) and that John’s was the most popular. Sarah so often mentions something that could be interesting but then just doesn’t elaborate. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I thought about asking what the ingredients were and who made the better dessert. Then I realized she’d probably respond with “I’ll think about doing a post on that.”

i don’t need that kind of nonsense in my life. So, go ahead and leave me hanging, Maxwells - you sneaky cruel authors!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

Jesse, Jesse, Jesse... you seriously defraud me with the results of your gym training...

Yes Steve, a woman, too, can be visually defrauded, so maybe it's time to put stop on Jesse's weight lifting, just as you told him to stop playing the instrument he loved.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

Just looking at the blog photos of the Colorado trip- and it struck me how pretty Sarah looks. Surely Steve has had approaches from a GYM- can he have scared them all off?

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic