IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think very few people look good in those colors, especially yellow.  I'd refuse if offered green or yellow for a dress, personally.

And maybe this?

theofficegreen.jpg

• Haha 13

I would love an outdoor wedding but theres no way I could stand heat. Bad anxiety and if I am sweating forget it that's all I'm thinking about. 

Wonder what Jim slob and meechelle though about carlin and evan dancing for the devil

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And once again Michelle shows up to a formal event dressed for a trip to Aldi.  

NOT EVEN TRYING. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SillyDillys said:

I would love an outdoor wedding but theres no way I could stand heat. Bad anxiety and if I am sweating forget it that's all I'm thinking about. 

I’m getting married outdoors next year and I am dreading the heat because I sweat even in 50 degree weather. I’m just glad the dress will be white so no one will see the pit stains! 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And once again Michelle shows up to a formal event dressed for a trip to Aldi.  

How has she been on TV for so long and no one has explained dressing appropriately for the occasion?

I don’t think she looks dressed for a trip to Aldi. I think she looks like she’s going to a clerical job in a conservative office where women wear hose. She was told that women wear pantyhose in her youth, and she can’t accept that it’s out of fashion, or that the outfit doesn’t work for a warm-weather outdoor wedding. Maybe Jim Bob has strong opinions about what she wears. It reminds me of Queen Mary still wearing Edwardian fashion decades later because her husband wouldn’t let her shorten her skirts.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Austin stepping on her dress with those crusty ass shoes. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 7

Michelle and Jim Bob look like they forgot there was a wedding today. I know outdoor wedding attire is often relaxed, but they seriously couldn't find something event appropriate?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Seriously tho, WTF is Michelle wearing?!?! A million daughters and none would tell her that black stockings and her receptionist outfit wasn’t appropriate for an evening outdoor wedding. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

WTF was Michelle thinking when she chose black hose? The rest of the outfit is questionable for a summer wedding on what seems to have been a hot day but black nylons?  I could understand skin tone nylons - her bare legs might not look good. She's been pregnant so many times I suspect she has some serious varicose veins and I can understand the love of opaque/near opaque black tights as these are my go to in the winter. However on a hot summer day -  black hose?!? 

Edited by browngrl
cleaned up a few typos, I blame the late hour and the unbelievable Toronto Raptors win for my mistakes not my poor language skills
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

According to Grant Balka, via Instagram stories

Banned by the show from posting pics for the next 24 hours

Uptv must be sharing pics tomorrow or maybe a magazine has the exclusive.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11

On 5/24/2019 at 11:49 PM, JillyO said:

I never saw this episode (since I don't watch the Bateses show), but I think you're right. Here is Jill's blog post about Michael and Brandon's wedding, and you can see that several little Rod girls were wearing lacy white dresses that could easily pass as flower girl dresses:

IMG_0134.jpg

Hide contents

DSC00370-Copy.jpg

I heard that the kids have to have one less chicken leg. Doesnt look like the husband ever goes without anything. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I see major sweat stain under Josie's arm.  Did it end up being in the 90's today?

I saw that too. I felt embarrassed for her. 

Thanks to Taryn sharing the wedding location on her Instagram story, I was able to check the weather and it was a high of 96° F and the humidity is 79%, so yeah... definitely uncomfortable weather.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Thank You 5

I have to say I’m disappointed that taryn is doing the photos. I can’t handle the blur. All that money and all those shitty photos. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I have to say I’m disappointed that taryn is doing the photos. I can’t handle the blur. All that money and all those shitty photos. 

Taryn is just a guest, not the wedding photographer.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

Thanks to Taryn sharing the wedding location on her Instagram story, I was able to check the weather and it was a high of 96° F and the humidity is 79%, so yeah... definitely uncomfortable weather.

There are limited places you can have an outdoor wedding on Memorial Day weekend.  That being said...I got married outdoors in San Diego in late June.  #blessed

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

It seems multiple photographers are doing the photos.  The following aubreebellephotography is tagged in pictures and Instagram has stories as well stating they photographed the Wedding.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Carlin’s colours confuse me. They are so similar to other weddings from the not so distant past - you wonder why people just didn’t rewear their dresses.

Coming from a country where in 95% of the weddings there are no bridesmaids I do like the perfect Pinterest pictures but when you see normal weddings it looks a bit strange to me. Lots of women wearing the exact same dress is way too matchy matchy in my opinion. I also feel a group of people dressed the absolute same takes the focus of the bride because it’s just so unusual too see lots of people wearing the same outfit. I tend to quickly scan the bride and then examine the bridesmaids more closely.

If I had to I would prefer very similar/same dresses in different colours. That’s why I loved Jinger’s bridesmaids. I actually think the colours worked great as a group and prevented the whole thing to be too matchy.

Clarifying: where I am from dressing in the same or matching clothes is associated with teenage girls or strange couples. It’s not desirable but rather tacky. Together with the fact that huge wedding parties (not the celebration itself but the amount of people that have  special functions) are a foreign concept that feels unnecessary and over the top to the majority it explains how I feel. For all their emphasis on holy matrimony these Fundies turn weddings into a huge circus.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Carlin’s colours confuse me. They are so similar to other weddings from the not so distant past - you wonder why people just didn’t rewear their dresses.

Coming from a country where in 95% of the weddings there are no bridesmaids I do like the perfect Pinterest pictures but when you see normal weddings it looks a bit strange to me. Lots of women wearing the exact same dress is way too matchy matchy in my opinion. I also feel a group of people dressed the absolute same takes the focus of the bride because it’s just so unusual too see lots of people wearing the same outfit. I tend to quickly scan the bride and then examine the bridesmaids more closely.

If I had to I would prefer very similar/same dresses in different colours. That’s why I loved Jinger’s bridesmaids. I actually think the colours worked great as a group and prevented the whole thing to be too matchy.

Clarifying: where I am from dressing in the same or matching clothes is associated with teenage girls or strange couples. It’s not desirable but rather tacky. Together with the fact that huge wedding parties (not the celebration itself but the amount of people that have  special functions) are a foreign concept that feels unnecessary and over the top to the majority it explains how I feel. For all their emphasis on holy matrimony these Fundies turn weddings into a huge circus.

In other circumstances it's tacky here too, which is unfortunate because I love the matchy-matchy or at least coordinating outfits. I make my boyfriend coordinate at every opportunity... Like every time we go out ? He's never thrilled about it, but too bad! We always look great; whenever we're at family stuff we get compliments on our attire, so... At least I've got good taste!

Part of me is sooo envious that Carlin has an S/O that will do all of her cutesy pictures with her, but part of me is really grateful that my boyfriend saves me from at least some future cringe attacks.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm probably just too particular but I hate when bridesmaids all don't have the same dress. When they're in different colors it's even worse. It just looks sloppy, imo.

Ah American views hahaha. In most countries there are not adult bridesmaids, and the image of 4, 6 or 8 women in the same dress looks a bit weird. 

I personally prefer different dresses, because I would be really pissed if someone picked me a dress. But I suppose if I'd had been raised in that tradition, I would share your opinion.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

In other circumstances it's tacky here too, which is unfortunate because I love the matchy-matchy or at least coordinating outfits. I make my boyfriend coordinate at every opportunity... Like every time we go out ? He's never thrilled about it, but too bad! We always look great; whenever we're at family stuff we get compliments on our attire, so... At least I've got good taste!

Part of me is sooo envious that Carlin has an S/O that will do all of her cutesy pictures with her, but part of me is really grateful that my boyfriend saves me from at least some future cringe attacks.

Oh I do like nicely coordinating. But dressing in literally the same colours or outfit is just too much for me.

Example for great coordination 

Spoiler

AAE94618-385C-4F8C-AAA1-A17D0AC09435.thumb.jpeg.bd3fba14300b739cf042c758b680f370.jpeg

Spoiler

4E74F601-E615-49B8-BA39-A93235AF287D.jpeg.91f82c2446b44186c843a23f5462259e.jpeg

Example for too matchy 

Spoiler

F80688A1-5DA5-40B7-A8EA-CB81CDE08739.jpeg.bbf1d7a6f71b82e7f1e27e01adb2ab1c.jpeg

Spoiler

EEA9D9F8-EBDD-4ACB-99D6-E9D44EFBD990.jpeg.40923ce61e9a67b65eef26c969f7a2f5.jpeg

Epitome of tackiness 

Spoiler

32C1753E-80AB-4327-8A80-B511B138DC80.jpeg.463a94382373088a43d12e1da86ef046.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Oh I do like nicely coordinating. But dressing in literally the same colours or outfit is just too much for me.

Example for great coordination 

Hide contents

AAE94618-385C-4F8C-AAA1-A17D0AC09435.thumb.jpeg.bd3fba14300b739cf042c758b680f370.jpeg

Hide contents

4E74F601-E615-49B8-BA39-A93235AF287D.jpeg.91f82c2446b44186c843a23f5462259e.jpeg

Example for too matchy 

Hide contents

F80688A1-5DA5-40B7-A8EA-CB81CDE08739.jpeg.bbf1d7a6f71b82e7f1e27e01adb2ab1c.jpeg

Hide contents

EEA9D9F8-EBDD-4ACB-99D6-E9D44EFBD990.jpeg.40923ce61e9a67b65eef26c969f7a2f5.jpeg

Epitome of tackiness 

Hide contents

32C1753E-80AB-4327-8A80-B511B138DC80.jpeg.463a94382373088a43d12e1da86ef046.jpeg

Awesome examples ba ha ha 

i see what you did there. Well done. Gave me a chuckle. 

Us has an article, but no wedding pics.?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bringing-up-bates-star-carlin-bates-marries-evan-stewart/amp/

They confirm Carlin walked down the aisle to "Lavender Blue". Is this a common choice? Never heard of it as a bride song before.

Also 500 guests. Someone here called it.  I am sure most were invited to wedding and reception. Cutting down on the young children probably made it fundie feasible.

There will be a Bates baby special on June 20th. Ugh...okay. But how about that Carlin wedding special instead? 

Lastly, she and Evan are moving to Nashville. I think she will get homesick now that Tori has moved from there.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic