IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Indoor weddings in the height of summer aren't necessarily better. My friends got married on the hottest day every recorded here (48 Celcius, around 118 Fahrenheit I believe). 

They got married in an old stone church, and it was actually hotter inside by a long way. I remember standing up during the ceremony and my legs were flowing with sweat. The groomsmen were in full suits and when they took the coat off their waistcoats were literally soaked. 

The bride's grandmother went to about 10 stores the day before to find fans that sprayed water. She'd run across during the ceremony and spray the bridal party.

I will say their photographers did an incredible job. None of the bridal party look like their clothes are soaked in sweat or are even hit at all! Thankfully there aren't a lot of photos of me at the wedding because I got my makeup done and by the end of the day I was a hot mess!

I’ve been to really hot wedding in Australia too. The bride’s brother went to the shops and came back with his whole car filled with water bottles for everyone. 

The worst was a wedding in Italy though. It was so hot and it went on forever. After the priest had talked for what seemed like hours he ”just wanted to say a few words in Italian” and talked for twice as long. I felt so sorry for all the men in full suits. I was melting. 

6 hours ago, 19tacos&counting said:

Carlin is up early reposting photos and videos from others on her ig story. It’s 8:22am on a Sunday and there are several posts from 2 hours ago. I’m surprised she’s up before 6am!

If UP said absolutely no photos for 24 hours, that would be around 5:30pm Eastern time tonight. So I’m assuming something officially will be released well before. Then I’m assuming we will see avalanche of photos from Josie/Erin/Whitney/Alyssa/batesfam and of course CarVan themselves around 530-6. 

I wonder where they go on their honeymoon. Somewhere with historical meaning would see lost on them. I could see them going somewhere super pretty. Maybe Hawaii or California.

7B207A28-41C0-49E6-A36D-EBE4FED1F370.png

There are many photos of Carlin and Joy. I wonder if Joy would have been her maid of honor if there had been no conflicting networks. 

They all look lovely and I have seen several photos of Evan where he just looks like a relaxed happy dude. Who knew he had it in him?

• Upvote 7

Joy seems to hold a special place in the bates’ hearts. Kelly has even wished her happy birthday on the bates insta. 

Something i noticed in the congratulation videos is Josie said she is glad Carlin is going to live close. Her and kelton are happy they have someone to double date with. 

Edited by Lgirlrocks
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I really think Jill making eleventy million videos harping on Christians not being modest is because she has seen her culture change around her and she absolutely loves getting to look down on the rest of people, especially the "big" people like the Duggars and Bate. I also think that she desperately wanted these people to be her best friends and she probably can't grasp that saying the things she says will make fellow fundies hate her.

Also--Jill doesn't have the money or the means (or the taste...) to dress as nicely as the Bates daughters do now. So I think her mindset is "If you can't join them, judge them." I sense quite a bit of sour grapes there. 

I'd normally feel bad that she doesn't have the money to buy nicer clothes, but since she's such a judgmental little shit and she and her husband basically believe they are too special to work a job, I'm reserving my sympathy for people who are shoddily dressed because of factors outside of their control. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Iamtheway said:

There are many photos of Carlin and Joy. I wonder if Joy would have been her maid of honor if there had been no conflicting networks. 

Maybe they worked out the network problems this time? Because i saw that Joy was standing just behind the groom and bride in one of the photos of the ceremony and i dont see that it makes much sense putting her there if they will have to cut her out. I think when Jana was in the wedding party they put her in the corner.

2 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Joy seems to hold a special place in the bates’ hearts. Kelly has even wished her happy birthday on the bates insta. 

Something i noticed in the congratulation videos is Josie said she is glad Carlin is going to live close. Her and kelton are happy they have someone to double date with. 

And then Tori talked like she was going to move to the moon. lol Dont Tori and Josie live in the same place?

• Upvote 2

Count me in on the people that love Carlin's look. I expected more glitz and sparkle on the dress, but I think the flowers are a very romantic way to be a fairy tale bride. And honestly, her dress looks a lot like the fundie version of my dress so I would be a huge hypocrite not to love it. I've long defended Alyssa's malibu barbie bridal colors because I think these fundie maidens so rarely get their way, and I think Josie and especially Carlin now have cemented the trend of pinterest-worthy weddings. I would be very upset if I were Alyssa, Erin, etc. I don't think they'll waste any time at all starting a family, though I would seriously love it if they pulled a JinJer and waited one year. Still soon, just no honeymoon baby soon. I think the chance of that happening is about 0.3%, however.

865271354_ScreenShot2019-05-26at12_29_14PM.thumb.png.b70f5b7eb6b01d5ba20625e43b9a5eea.png

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Has either Carlin or Evan talked about kids? How many they want? I don’t watch the show often, don’t have the network. I do read the recaps. Not sure if it was ever brought up. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

That’s the first thing Josie did. Carlin May have other things on her mind. 

I think it’s sad that she had to get married to get some alone time with even. Josie got married after a short courtship/engagement. Josie is also younger. 

There is a key difference between Josie and Carlin's Instagram accounts - Carlin's is "verified", and Josie's isn't. I saw another "verified" account take a while after her wedding (at least a week or two) to get the name changed on there - while anyone with a typical account can change their handle and name pretty easily.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Absolutely love her dress, the bridesmaids dresses do look like an eye shadow pallet as a previous poster mentioned.  This is what you can do with enough time and cutting down the guest list. 

• Upvote 11

Evan has on his Instagram "married to Carlin Brianne Stewart." So there was a rushing to put it on there. As someone said, she's probably getting it verified.

Also Norma Gilligan nee Roberts? has a snippet of Carlin walking down the aisle on her instastory. Josie is on there, too. Carlin looks so proud in that moment! The dress travels well. It's more breathtaking in motion.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 7

I am truly happy for Carlin that it seems she got the wedding of her dreams. I am especially glad that she got to dance at her wedding. I am always heartbroken remembering JB stopping a 4 year old from dancing to a musical toy. Now, we get to watch and see if she posts bikini pics all over social media or not. Yeah she's definitely wearing bikinis on her honeymoon. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Count me in on the people that love Carlin's look. I expected more glitz and sparkle on the dress, but I think the flowers are a very romantic way to be a fairy tale bride. And honestly, her dress looks a lot like the fundie version of my dress so I would be a huge hypocrite not to love it. I've long defended Alyssa's malibu barbie bridal colors because I think these fundie maidens so rarely get their way, and I think Josie and especially Carlin now have cemented the trend of pinterest-worthy weddings. I would be very upset if I were Alyssa, Erin, etc. I don't think they'll waste any time at all starting a family, though I would seriously love it if they pulled a JinJer and waited one year. Still soon, just no honeymoon baby soon. I think the chance of that happening is about 0.3%, however.

865271354_ScreenShot2019-05-26at12_29_14PM.thumb.png.b70f5b7eb6b01d5ba20625e43b9a5eea.png

Agreed. Everything we've seen is beautiful, but..... It also seems like a carbon copy Spring/Summer version of Jinger's wedding.

Carlin's dress, Carlin's bridesmaid dresses, the cake, even the groomsmen attire.

That said: I love it and I'm happy for Carlin because I do genuinely believe that she and Evan are best friends and that he is going to give her a fair bit of autonomy as long as he's allowed to coordinate with her autonomy ?

Oh and blah blah blah still horrible beliefs, yes, but I do think this wedding is arguably the most "break free" we've seen -although it's implied that Alyssa would have done something similar had she been allowed.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

The jeans aren't earth shattering to me as Kelly has said they follow her rules under her roof. I am curious, though, were they purchased in secret and squirreled away in the back of a drawer or at Evan's house? Or did she go shopping with her mom/sisters and try jeans on to find the right fit and bought them openly?

I envision it as ceremoniously as wedding dress shopping; the married, pants-wearing sisters taking Carlin out and finding her the right size and fit and watching her twirl in the dressing room. Like a scandalous fundie bachelorette party. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Casserole said:

The jeans aren't earth shattering to me as Kelly has said they follow her rules under her roof. I am curious, though, were they purchased in secret and squirreled away in the back of a drawer or at Evan's house? Or did she go shopping with her mom/sisters and try jeans on to find the right fit and bought them openly?

I envision it as ceremoniously as wedding dress shopping; the married, pants-wearing sisters taking Carlin out and finding her the right size and fit and watching her twirl in the dressing room. Like a scandalous fundie bachelorette party. 

Josie could have purchased some for her or she could have borrowed hers. It is also possible that she owns skinny jeans to wear under dresses/skirts in the winter. I know Anna Duggar does that for her kids and the Bontrager daughters are allowed to wear them that way as well.

• Upvote 4

I have to say, this is likely the best executed Fundie wedding between the Bates and Duggar families thus far. Carlin looked spectacular, the bridal party looked lovely, they had a great location, and it seems like Carlin and Evan really got a lot of what they personally wanted for their day. Both of them look so happy in the photos as well. They have shitty beliefs and are usually pretty intolerable, but I’m glad they got to feel special on such a big day on their lives - Carlin especially. Only thing I don’t like is the naked cake, but if that’s what they wanted then I’m glad they got it. 

So, best wishes to the lucky couple! May the next year be a happy one for you before you likely welcome a little future Duck Face posing child into your home.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 3

She looks beautiful. Definitely fairytale-princess, as many of us suspected would be the case. Count me as one who was surprised that the bridesmaid dresses looked good all-together haha. I bet they had to position each bridesmaid particularly so they wouldn't either blend or clash with the person immediately next to them xD.

I wonder where they went to honeymoon - my guess is either somewhere in Europe (for some reason I could see them doing Disneyland Paris, plus all the stereotypical romance-y Paris things lol) or an international beach-resort type trip.

there's an inevitable Duckling pregnancy coming.....lol.

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I too am really interested in the jeans. Did she already own them? Did she buy them in secret? Or was she open about the fact that as soon as I do was said, she would be wearing jeans? It's interesting to me that Gil and Kelly force the adult children to adhere to the rules, when it isn't what they want. Most things, like courtship rules, they try to make it seem like the kidults are in charge and making the decisions, even when they clearly aren't. 

As for the wedding, I love the colour scheme and think it worked really well. The mismatched look is all over Pinterest lately, and I think she nailed it. However, I don't actually care for many of the dresses individually. I think Carlin looked great, and I think it's interesting that she had dancing at her wedding. Not that I think it changes her beliefs any, but I'm surprised she was brave enough to even express the desire for dancing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Boogers said:

There is a key difference between Josie and Carlin's Instagram accounts - Carlin's is "verified", and Josie's isn't. I saw another "verified" account take a while after her wedding (at least a week or two) to get the name changed on there - while anyone with a typical account can change their handle and name pretty easily.

Yeah, Instagram has to approve a verified name change and that takes time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Where did people see photos of Carlin in jeans? I mean don’t get me wrong I’m not the least bit surprised...

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BennettLeland said:

Where did people see photos of Carlin in jeans? I mean don’t get me wrong I’m not the least bit surprised...

In the insta pic of her and Evans passports. It’s not a body shot, just a shot of her jeans, his jeans, their hands, and their passports. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I love the flower crown, and also the small bouquet.  I so wanted a flower crown when I got married, but they weren't in style.  Still would have been better than the stupid veil that I hated!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Better than playdough, ahem fondant.

As a frosting hater, I will stan for naked cakes alllll day long.

A frosting hater?  We must never speak of this again. :shakehead:

(But I totally agree with you on the fondant.)

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Wow. I didn't think I would end up loving Carlin's look this much. Definitely my favorite fundie wedding dress so far and honestly probably one I would pick out for myself. 

• Upvote 5

Lawson posted a picture of the kids in the bridal party and Callie is crying. I always feel so bad for the girls who loose their sister moms 

B716C5FE-C8D8-488D-9443-DEAEBE7FAF06.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 23

I don't like Carlin's dress. Long sleeves for an outdoor wedding in late May in the south? Nope. I don't like long formal bridesmaids dresses for an outdoor venue in late spring on a hot day.

Jessa Seewald's wedding dress is still the one to beat for me. And Abbie Duggar's bridesmaid dresses.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic