IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A peek at her dress. Her bridesmaids are lavender, pink, and champagne.

E4E7C704-891A-4F26-91C3-21F080705114.jpeg

Literally 0% surprised that Carlin would wear a poofy princess dress. Long sleeves are an odd choice for a 90+ degree wedding day.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Mizz Renee makes an appearance yet again!! I guess she did modesty alterations to the dress like she did with Josie since according to Carlin’s ig she got the dress from the bride room in Nashville 

74E5D6C7-73CD-4E41-A69D-042EBE53AF2F.jpeg

• Upvote 3

I have to say I really like carlin's dress. She's my fundie fashion idol so I'm not surprised i love it

I'm very surprised we are getting sneak peaks. I thought for sure everything would be a secret til people or whoever posts the first photos

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

A hairstylist for that many bridesmaids is pretty expensive. Have we confirmed UP! is paying for the wedding?

Idk but this looks nicer than Gil's grifting skills could muster.

Funny, these are the same people who fried a piece of bologna, put a scoop of mashed potatoes and slice of American cheese on top and called that dinner for growing kids.  

Hey Gil and Kelly...try not to forget the people you are encouraging to emulate you don't have TV shows.  Some of your lemmings don't have UP money to make the shitshow shiny and kids still go hungry.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

So i guess every bridesmaid got to choose her own dress, since Evans sisters seem to be wearing the same model in different colours. I cant say i like their taste in dresses?.

Michaela one is really pretty (and she looks a diferent person with her hair up) and i think the lavender colour on Toris dress is gorgeous but maybe is the light but i dont think that colour goes that well with the others (seems like a cold color and the others are warm).

Carlin dress looks amazing too but she is going to bake in it at 30º celsius.

Edited by llucie
correcting spelling
  • Upvote 5

Omg! I called sleeves being a factor on her dress and her doing princess just like Jessa!!! I said they both come off strong/boisterous but have a sensitivity deep down inside. Spot on for once.

However, I do not like the color combo so far. No ma'am.

Also, over the "lace" as modesty theme. But everyone looks like they are so happy. That's what's important.

• Upvote 7

All I can think is blush and bashful. Looks like it would have been a perfect spring colors/style. Too bad they had to wait till semester ended - would have been a great spring break wedding style for coolish days at least to me. 

• Haha 8

It looks like an opera box to me.

Also, the absurdity of everyone admiring Carlin's ring at this moment in time is just too much.

Three for three on absurd shots.

Like, have they not practiced the dancing and singing eleventh billion times by now.

It is lovely but she doesn't disappoint.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Just now, lexiloumarie said:

All I can think is blush and bashful

One is much deepah than tha otha.  :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

All I can think is blush and bashful. Looks like it would have been a perfect spring colors/style. Too bad they had to wait till semester ended - would have been a great spring break wedding style for coolish days at least to me. 

The colors do remind me of wedding colors from the late 80s. I remember loving pink and lavender together in the late 80s.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

The colors do remind me of wedding colors from the late 80s. I remember living pink and lavender together in the late 80s.

I still love those - with a splash of deeper blue.  If all are right shades that's my happy color combo.

• Upvote 6

Just now, AliceInFundyland said:

Like, have they not practiced the dancing and singing eleventh billion times by now.

She just wanted an excuse to show up in her robe to give him something to look forward to tonight?

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Omg, they in fact are singing a duet ??? 

Screenshot from a video in Joy’s story

A65EB733-4AC5-4879-8496-D6447869EDA5.jpeg

I called it in the air! “Swish”

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve never been into each bridesmaid wearing a different style of dress. I like it better when they all wear the same style. 

And I think I would’ve liked the color scheme better if it didn’t have purple.

I do love the bottom of Carlin’s dress! And the lace sleeves too, but I’m worried about the heat

Edited by VBOY9977
  • I Agree 3

Now if the bridesmaids dress colours are in a nice, graduating order based on where they are standing I'll be impressed.

Not shocked by Carlin's big dress. She's really going to struggle to dance in that though. If you watch the video earlier where she and Evan are practicing she was having difficulties with her steps then. In a heavy gown it'll be hard enough (even without Evan stepping on it by accident!)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

No matter what Carlin wore today, she would be hot. It’s just a hot day and most wedding dresses have layers and the fabric is often not terribly breathable. I’m saying “most” wedding dresses. Of course there are shorter wedding dresses and some made of just one thin layer. But they are the minority.

1 minute ago, Kangaroo said:

Now if the bridesmaids dress colours are in a nice, graduating order based on where they are standing I'll be impressed.

Not shocked by Carlin's big dress. She's really going to struggle to dance in that though. If you watch the video earlier where she and Evan are practicing she was having difficulties with her steps then. In a heavy gown it'll be hard enough (even without Evan stepping on it by accident!)

I think Gil is going to trample all over it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I feel like her lavender has the same problem as one of Jingers - a cool color amongst warm colors. If she'd have done a slightly dustier shade of lavender or at least one pulling to the pink more it'd be cohesive.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

39 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

A hairstylist for that many bridesmaids is pretty expensive. Have we confirmed UP! is paying for the wedding?

Expensive indeed!! Between all the destination courtposals and engagement photoshoots, vow renewals, and increasingly lavish weddings, they oughtta change the title of the show to Blinging Up Bates. :D 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was thinking about this too ? I hope she has that thing to hook the train up on the back 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just like her dreams and potential!!

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

I thought she said something about faded blue bridesmaids dresses earlier.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Just like her dreams and potential!!

I want to laugh and cry at this! It’s sad to think in less than a year she’ll probably be a mom. I’m glad she graduated college, but what’s she going to use that degree on besides homeschooling her siblings and her own kids. 

• Upvote 2

I wonder if it was hard choosing wedding colors. Carlin probably didn’t want to do exact color schemes of anyone else in the family. Michael did pink and beige/brown. Alyssa did hot pink and Malibu blue. Whitney did red first and then really pale pink for the renewal. Erin did navy blue I think. Tori did a sort of pale plum color. And didn’t Josie do pink also? There’s been a lot of pink already. Maybe Carlin added lavender to mix things up a bit. I think a pale yellow or mint green would have been nice. 

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic