IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

I like uniformity in the dress. I don't care how it is achieved but they should match in some way.

Different colors, styles, and lengths seems like overkill to me. But maybe it will look nice in the end. Nothing wrong with being innovative I suppose.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Josie's dress looks far more casual than the others (yes, I am avoiding scrubbing walls by focusing on a wedding I don't care about, why do you ask?)

If you aren't going to have matching dresses or colors at least have some sort of continuity! It looks weird to have a mixture of very casual dresses and very formal dresses. Are we sure Josie is in the wedding? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I like the different colors so far. I'll have to wait until I see pictures of everyone together. But so far I like them.

I really like the pale pink with the gray suits. It looks really nice. 

I'm guessing Trace is already courting Chaney. Maybe he asked her at Disney World. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I like the different colors so far. I'll have to wait until I see pictures of everyone together. But so far I like them.

I really like the pale pink with the gray suits. It looks really nice. 

I'm guessing Trace is already courting Chaney. Maybe he asked her at Disney World. 

I feel like he would have announced by now if they are officially courting. 

• I Agree 2

According to batesfamilyblog she is. Erin and Whitney are her two matrons of honor, she has 10 bridesmaids Michaela, Alyssa, Tori, Josie, Katie, Joy, and Evan's four sisters Ashley, Kailyn, Maegan, and Brittany. Addallee and Ellie are two junior bridesmaids and Callie's a flower girl with two of Evan's nieces.  

Evan's best man is his brother, Ethan. His has eleven groomsmen  Zach, Chad, Lawson, Trace, Bobby, John, Kelton, Nathan, and Brandon, and his brothers-in-law, Ben and Daniel. Jackson, Warden, and Isaiah are ushers, along with Justin Duggar and Jeb and Judson will be ring bearers. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 4

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

And risk Carlin's wrath pre-wedding?

TBH, this is one of the few moments of her life when she gets genuinely all the attention heaped on her, so I can excuse a little bridezillaness.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably, but maybe he's waiting until after the wedding? 

• I Agree 1

Norma Roberts Gillian was there, with Campbell and Mariah Campana

And off topic but I can’t believe Campbell hasn’t announced a pregnancy yet. She’s breaking Morton-dom 

B5418BF3-7AB9-44AB-9378-24EAB916E8D6.png

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

22 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I have to put this somewhere. I read Gil Bates as Bill Gates earlier today and now I just can’t shake the feeling one of them is totally made up. 

On United Bates of America, Gil lead one of his talking engagements with a corny joke about people confusing him with Bill Gates. Until that moment, I hadn't associated the names but now it does seem a little funny since the Bates are going with the money.

13 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Probably, but maybe he's waiting until after the wedding? 

Maybe he is going the Carlin route. I think we met Evan in her instagram shots. They were full on dating before courting =dourting. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

On United Bates of America, Gil lead one of his talking engagements with a corny joke about people confusing him with Bill Gates. Until that moment, I hadn't associated the names but now it does seem a little funny since the Bates are going with the money.

All snark aside, if Jesus came back to Earth today and spent time observing Gil Bates and Bill Gates, which one do you think he would recognize as acting like a Christian?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 13

8 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

All snark aside, if Jesus came back to Earth today and spent time observing Gil Bates and Bill Gates, which one do you think he would recognize as acting like a Christian?

I have no idea, because I don't know what either does in their personal life. But Bill does give a lot to charity, right? I don't follow him as much. But that is a major Christian value. He uses his talent to aid humanity. Seems like another. Then again, Bill could be another religion. I don't want to push Christianity on him.

Btw, I hate that you put their names together like that. Now I can't unsee it. 

Edited by TatiFish9

18 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

They were full on dating before courting =dourting. 

hahahahahaha!!!!!! Now I want to change the Trace Bates thread title to something along the lines of "dourting chaney"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

I know this is backwards... but does it say Whitney Bates is Maid of honor? And Erin is Matron of Honor? They are both married. That makes no sense. 

D927578B-0904-495F-B446-F34CB37F7FD6.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 5

And does it say Joy Duggar?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 16

10 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

hahahahahaha!!!!!! Now I want to change the Trace Bates thread title to something along the lines of "dourting chaney"

? If Trace dourts Chaney, we'll know it's the Bates updated method. Thread should definitely have dourt in it.

Going by Carlin mostly, but also Josie - while dating they have minimal contact but hugs are allowed. During the courting constant hand holding, footsies, face petting etc. Engagement everything but kissing and sex allowed. This makes no sense to me. lol

Also, someone pointed out that if Chaney showed up to the wedding that she and Trace were a thing. So here were are... lol

Edited by TatiFish9
My commas have their own mind
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I don’t get why so many people complain about it. I saw people bashing Meghan Markle about it all the time. I don’t see what’s so wrong with it. 

Meghan did it obsessively almost all the time (or it came across like it ). Like they would be at en event and people around her were applauding  performances and she was doing  a two armed bump clutch like her life depended on it . 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know this is backwards... but does it say Whitney Bates is Maid if honor? And Erin is Matron of Honor? They are both married. That makes no sense. 

D927578B-0904-495F-B446-F34CB37F7FD6.jpeg

Where is this from? On their wedding website both Whitney and Erin are listed as Matron of Honor. And Joy is listed as "Joy Duggar Forsyth" not just Duggar.

• Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

And does it say Joy Duggar?

LOL!  Come on guys - it's not like these two had any family members to help them proofread! 

• Haha 14

7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Where is this from? On their wedding website both Whitney and Erin are listed as Matron of Honor. And Joy is listed as "Joy Duggar Forsyth" not just Duggar.

Taryn Yager the photographer who did Carlin’s engagement photos posted on her Instagram story of herself with the proram. She’s at the wedding. And it does say Joy Duggar. I bet Austin won’t like that, lol.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Oh man. I'm not now nor have I ever ever been pregnant. But dear God would I cut a bitch for snarking on how much I touched my own belly. My womb, my kid, my business

To me this is even more pointless and stupid than any of the current debates raging about various elements of body Snark.

Who fucking cares if pregnant women are concernered about the child growing within them? Consciously or not. If it were me my hand would be glued there in fear little Alice was going to fall out. (or a host of other reasons...like,damn there is a baby in mah belly, wtf?)

Edited by AliceInFundyland
More words
  • Upvote 22
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 4

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Taryn Yeager the photographer who did Carlin’s engagement photos posted on her Instagram

That explains why it's so blurry!

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 29

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Taryn Yeager the photographer who did Carlin’s engagement photos posted on her Instagram story of herself with the program fanning herself. She’s at the wedding. 

Wow. Someone really slacked on the editing! Austin probably won't be thrilled to see his helpmeet listed as "Joy Duggar".

8 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Oh man. I'm not now nor have I ever ever been pregnant. But dear God would I cut a bitch for snarking on how much I touched my own belly. My womb, my kid, my business

I'm with you. I saw Meghan get so much heat for touching her own belly and it drove me mad. I touched my belly a lot when I was pregnant, even more so in crowds. It was a protective gesture and a natural place to rest my hands, and I wasn't even aware I was doing it most of the time. Not that I, or any other pregnant woman needs to explain because it's HER BODY and HER BABY. I really don't understand why people care so much.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lots of women do it.

I don’t get why so many people complain about it. I saw people bashing Meghan Markle about it all the time. I don’t see what’s so wrong with it. 

I don’t either. It’s a natural instinct for a lot of women and can be comforting as well. I touch my belly a lot while pregnant because it helps me feel more connected to my pregnancies, something important to me considering I haven’t had an easy time staying pregnant, carrying to term, or just being pregnant in general. I don’t get why it’s such a huge deal to so many people - it’s not hurting anyone. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

More proof that the Batesseseses treat their daughters like property. I couldn't even find any biblical reason's why the father should give away his daughter. Genesis 2:24 says "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" (emphasis added). Does anyone else know if this is a traditional thing or a Christian thing? And do we know if it has any biblical founding at all?

unbiblical.JPG

Also, Kelly, it's "your" not "you're." Maybe Kelly did the proofreading for the wedding programs!

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
Comment about Kelly's grammar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic