IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

Carlin and Evan are going abroad. I always pictured them going abroad but I’m curious about where.

02D55DC8-2A8B-4151-A092-A648F25C9ECC.thumb.jpeg.df3426184f21b2f48031a5846bf3164c.jpeg

I also really want to see Carlin’s dress! I’m getting a little anxious 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Thank You 7

Well that explains why they were posting on their Instagram stories so early.

I'm currently on holidays in Europe, I'd laugh if they come here too.

• Upvote 5

I’m sure we will get lots and lots of pictures from the honeymoon. We know those two love posting pictures of themselves. 

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Also, I just noticed, but I think Carlin has jeans on?

I always wondered if she would jump straight into pants or stay skirts only like Tori and Erin at least for awhile.

• Upvote 2

I admit I snickered a little bit when I saw she didn’t even wait a single second to put on pants. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Just now, habert said:

A5F541BB-82F3-4C94-9614-03F00836285F.thumb.png.529c2a432040e5f791b25037bfd58e2c.png

another Trace/Chaney. Not sure who the other woman is, is Ethan dating?

Emma Grace looks like she’s in the wedding with that dress. But I doubt she is. If she isn’t in the wedding, I wouldn’t wear a dress like that. Because I would be afraid I would be mistaken for a bridesmaid. 

The picture of all the Stewart’s and their different colored dresses looks good to me. 

1A59A4E5-2CE3-4B8C-BEC0-8772A3A1FBAF.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Hey guys - I know the wedding is a thing and lots of people are waiting for pics.  The wedding party, the dress....I totally get it....but please keep our rules in mind and don't repost every random pic from the wedding if you don't have anything to say about it.  

I'm not handslapping - I enjoy wedding pics no matter who they are so I'm not pooping on the desire to see them -  and I'd say the dress, the wedding party, all that stuff is fine as it's been discussed here and but also keep in mind there are people who attended the wedding as guests who are NOT on television, did not sign up for public scrutiny ...so please don't go down rabbit holes trying to figure out who every rando in a pic is.  

Let's be reasonable when posting.  Thanks everyone.

9 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

I admit I snickered a little bit when I saw she didn’t even wait a single second to put on pants. 

Ha - me too!  I am long on record noting pants =/= move away from fundyism but knowing how much it's got to piss Kelly off amuses me.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Dilly Dilly
THAT Lavender Blue?  :my_sick:

I believe so. Interesting choice for bride song. Definitely secular and a bit off center, but there's poetry there 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

They aren’t even bothering to wait anymore. When Katie gets married sometime in the next few years, I bet she won’t wait either. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if some of the younger girls are already wearing jeans on trips or when visiting Alyssa and just very careful not to post those pictures.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, omgpleasestop said:

I'm so disappointed. I'm really over the lace dress and the detailed bust with plain skirt.
Jinger did it with lace. Abby had the sequin look. Josie's had mostly sequin and lace. Tori's was lace. Whitney's vow renewal was the exact same as Abby's bridesmaids.

And the colours are all so predictable!

It looks like Carlin just said "whatever Josie has, I'll have that.. just a bit brighter."

[pic removed]

I agree except to me, I believe she is trying to top Jinger. Many feel Jinger had the most contemporary wedding to date between the two big families.

I am reserving judgement until I see the ceremony. I hope UPTV/family will release pictures of her dress before they air the wedding months from now.

ETA: everything yes to your lace comment. Death to the lace!!!!!! Please no more. Katie, Chaney or whoever next, please. I mean of course they can do what they want but I hope Ms. Renee finds a new approach.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m ok with hose but I think beige/tan ones to match her skin tone would work better. She could even go with a long skirt. If she had gone with skin colored hose and a different (less casual shirt), she would look more appropriate for the wedding. 

I can appreciate that after 17 pregnancies, Michelle doesn't want to show her legs anymore. But why doesn't she just wear a maxi length sundress with a light cardigan or duster on top? It would be much more appropriate and I imagine much more comfortable in the heat. 

If those are support hose, she could still wear them under the maxi dress. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

"So-and-so is not dressed appropriately" (complete with shock/horror) has become a thing we discuss for literally every Duggar or Bates wedding.  Can we just accept that these fundies have a much wider definition of wedding-appropriate attire than most of us here?  As long as they're not showing up in ripped jeans/sweats/etc, it seems to be fine. These endless comments are pretty BEC

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

I'm a wedding photographer and y'all would die at the ridiculous things I encounter on the regular. I can promise you all these things we snark on here are not concentrated to just fundie weddings. Outdoor weddings when it's 90+ degrees? Yep, all the time. Add to that most of my weddings are on the beach with no shade and 100% humidity followed by an outside reception. Not sure why so many people are hell bent on torturing their guests but it's totally the norm these days. 

The sheer number of people who are not properly dressed, wear white dresses, look like they just got off a street corner, etc. Crazy! It's like it's become a competition lately, especially for the ladies, to see who can look "the best" at the wedding yet they seem to forget the day isn't about them. I'll admit us vendors get a really really good laugh at listening to the guests give their commentary at weddings.

I think Carlin is dying inside to be mainstream and this wedding was her major chance at doing it. The outdoor wedding (Josie set the bar with that one), the first dance, etc. I can't tell if that honeymoon pic is her in pants or him but it would not surprise me in the least if she went for pants ASAP. I think Josie just marches to the beat of her own drum and is living life how she wants, but Carlin to me just seems desperate to be "normal". 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

from zachnwhitbates instagram story it looks like Carlins dress is similar to this one below (but not pink at the bottom). Sorry didn't have time to check if this  was already mentioned here (on my way to vote) and of course I also did not snap a screenshoot. Maybe someone else feels like looking at Whitneys (public) story...image.png.176b05a53f15068ab08e614dfdf75ffe.png

image.png

Edited by epic fail
tring to remove second picture!
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

If she’s already in jeans at 5-6am on the flight out, she obviously bought them before hand and hand them ready to go. This is so sad to me.

As usual, this goes directly in the face of “ this is what the girls want to wear.” This is worse to me than a gradual change of style. They probably share 90% of clothes at home so it’s not toooo surprising if they venture into wearing jeans a few weeks or months into the marriage, as they are going shopping for the first time. 

I can’t explain my thoughts perfectly. Obviously Carlin was so desperate to wear jeans, bought them ahead of them and slipped them on immediately.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, 19tacos&counting said:

As usual, this goes directly in the face of “ this is what the girls want to wear.”

I know Michelle had said that, but was that the Bates party line as well?

I thought Kelly said they can do as they like once they are married, but as long as they live in their house no pants (or something to that effect.)

(Fwiw I rarely wear skirts but wore one yesterday for packing and I was super conscious of making sure I stayed modest in a way I wouldn't have thought about in shorts.

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That is how Alyssa always looks to me.

And Erin 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, epic fail said:

from zachnwhitbates instagram story it looks like Carlins dress is similar to this one below (but not pink at the bottom). Sorry didn't have time to check if this  was already mentioned here (on my way to vote) and of course I also did not snap a screenshoot. Maybe someone else feels like looking at Whitneys (public) story...image.png.176b05a53f15068ab08e614dfdf75ffe.png

image.png

From the very brief (and partial) glimpse of the dress on Whitney’s Instagram story I think that you are correct. It is an absolutely beautiful gown both romantic and glamorous which is the look that I think Carlin was going for. I really hope that she is happy and has more freedom to choose her own path in life. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know Michelle had said that, but was that the Bates party line as well?

I thought Kelly said they can do as they like once they are married, but as long as they live in their house no pants (or something to that effect.)

I feel like Kelly has always been pretty upfront about her stance of "they can dress how they want when they're out of the house but as long as they live with them they wear skirts". I swear I remember an episode when she talked about it. While I think it's silly , I can at least respect that she's honest about it. Meanwhile Michelle likes to play the "it's what the girls want to wear" line and then you see Jinger & Jill in pants. I think this is the main reason you haven't seen more Duggar girls wearing pants (thus far other than the board-shorts you don't see Jessa in pants and it took a while for Jill) because it's been ingrained in them that THEY want to wear them. 

• Upvote 20

I still say Michelle dressed ridiculously for the occasion.  I rarely comment on people's looks because I am not into fashion on that level. But come on now. We all know that social norms exist. Michelle showed up to a wedding like she was on her lunch break. Maybe it means nothing in the scheme of things but does any snark, really?

6 minutes ago, LillyP said:

I feel like Kelly has always been pretty upfront about her stance of "they can dress how they want when they're out of the house but as long as they live with them they wear skirts". 

Once they're married, they're considered grown. They make their own choices then. I am still shocked at how quickly Bates girls jump out of their home dressing styles. We only have seen in from Duggars who have lived away.

The real test is if they can wear the pants to the big house when they return as marrieds on visit.

It has been posted here a few times that Whitney changes into skirts when she is at the big house, but I wonder if that is for filming the show.

Similarly, I remember Derick did an instastory at TTH. Jill was in pants. Prior to that it was believed no females could wear pants at the big house. We see it is simply not true, only for filming. Also there is still that question of whether Jinger had track pants on or not long before she left the house. 

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic