IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

More proof that the Batesseseses treat their daughters like property. I couldn't even find any biblical reason's why the father should give away his daughter. Genesis 2:24 says "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" (emphasis added). Does anyone else know if this is a traditional thing or a Christian thing? And do we know if it has any biblical founding at all?

unbiblical.JPG

The fact that Kelly doesn't know the difference between your and you're is the abomination for me.

Giving the bride away is a very, very common custom and while some people hate the symbolism that in and of itself isn't proof of how they treat their daughters - unless you're going to apply that to everyone who was given away by their father during their weddings.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Oh man. I'm not now nor have I ever ever been pregnant. But dear God would I cut a bitch for snarking on how much I touched my own belly. My womb, my kid, my business

To me this is even more pointless and stupid than any of the current debates raging about various elements of body Snark.

Who fucking cares if pregnant women are concernered about the child growing within them? Consciously or not. If it were me my hand would be glued there in fear little Alice was going to fall out. (or a host of other reasons...like,damn there is a baby in mah belly, wtf?)

It really is pointless. It’s kind of crappy too. Pregnant women already have so much to deal with - from what foods or activities to avoid to what tests to have done to fending off the opinions of literally every person they meet - that this just strikes me as such a crappy and ridiculous thing to criticize someone for. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

5 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

More proof that the Batesseseses treat their daughters like property. I couldn't even find any biblical reason's why the father should give away his daughter. Genesis 2:24 says "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" (emphasis added). Does anyone else know if this is a traditional thing or a Christian thing? And do we know if it has any biblical founding at all?

unbiblical.JPG

I once read marriage contracts predate Christianity. I wonder how long fathers were giving away daughters. It ties into women not having rights and being owned by their fathers then their husbands. It's an archaic practice legally but many still believe it necessary. I wanted it out of my wedding but the pastor would not marry us otherwise.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

hahahahahaha!!!!!! Now I want to change the Trace Bates thread title to something along the lines of "dourting chaney"

Yeah but then Steve Maxwell is gonna sue us for copyright infringement. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Yeah but then Steve Maxwell is gonna sue us for copyright infringement. 

He'll get in line behind the person who revived the word courting.

• Upvote 1

Waiting impatiently for some more photos! According to the event timeline on Erin’s instastories, the last event was at 9:30 pm EST. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Bump cradling in pictures: a big reason, I believe, is to accentuate the bump for the photo so she looks pregnant and not large. Yes, everyone knows she’s pregnant but in five or more years you might look at a photo and it not be so obvious. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

According to the event timeline on Erin’s instastories, the last event was at 9:30 pm EST. 

What do you mean last event?  Now I'm picturing a wedding Olympics :) 

• Haha 13

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What do you mean last event?  Now I'm picturing a wedding Olympics :) 

They had a sign that was labeled event timeline or something like that. It had different times, with 5:30 starting it off with the ceremony. Nothing else was filled in after the times listed. 9:30 was the last time on the sign. Most likely the departure time. It’s not on her stories anymore or I would screenshot it.

Edited by Mrs.Right
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Taryn and Anna at the reception: 

C5F0EE6A-9DB9-4669-A557-14ED7988F9E3.jpeg

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, Anna looks so much like Joy! 

She also looks like she needs some cool air and water.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, Anna looks so much like Joy! 

NOOOOooooooo! Now I can't get that image out of my mind!!!!! WHy would you even say that? wouldn't that imply that Josh married someone who resembles one of his sisters that he molested?

That being said, you do have every right to voice your opinion. I don't even entirely disagree (maybe it's her hair, eyebrows, smile, coloring, or style???). And yeah, she does not look relaxed in that picture. 

I'm not mad, I'm just deeply disturbed by it.

• Downvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Mrs.Right said:

She also looks like she needs some cool air and water.

She looks like she always does...like she needs to stop having babies with a serial child molester...and to develop at least rudimentary critical thinking skills.

6 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

wouldn't that imply that Josh married someone who resembles one of his sisters that he molested?

Do you think he chose her?  

I think JB and Michelle chose her because her parents are truly simpletons and raised an acceptable sacrifice to get their son out of the house.  

I doubt very much Josh's opinion mattered....she was vacant enough to fit the bill for mom and dad and he did as he was told.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering how Josie’s dress will look with all the pink purple and taupe/champagne. 

57A6ED12-98BB-484C-B761-0CC47066B676.jpeg

Josie's dress seems like passive aggressive revenge "I can't believe you got to get married a year before me."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

3 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Josie's dress seems like passive aggressive revenge "I can't believe you got to get married a year before me."

Josie's dress actually makes her look a respectable age for pregnancy. She looks like a 35-year-old that takes great care of herself.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 3

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

[...]

Do you think he chose her?  

I think JB and Michelle chose her because her parents are truly simpletons and raised an acceptable sacrifice to get their son out of the house.  

I doubt very much Josh's opinion mattered....she was vacant enough to fit the bill for mom and dad and he did as he was told.

I agree. I didn't always, but the math is there. Furthermore, Anna feels special and chosen. No way she would let the Josh "setback" journey or whatever she called it  stop her from the fundie stardom she feels entitled to. She looks delusional.

• Upvote 5

Am I remembering wrong?  I thought Carlin said her colors were going to be "hombre blue".  Because everyone was confused about what she meant.

Edited by Tim-Tom Biblethumper
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

No way she would let the Josh "setback" journey or whatever she called it  stop her from the fundie stardom she feels entitled to.

Does she have additional cachet in fundy circles for staying with him?  Does that elevate her somehow or is she looked down upon?  Curious as to how others in their circle, but outside their family, might see her.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Am I remembering wrong?  I thought Carlin said her colors were going to be "hombre blue".  Because everyone was confused about what she meant.

She said faint blue, I believe. Some thought it was fade blue. But in that segment I think she hinted that there may be changes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Though I love the Michaella's updo hairstyle! She looks like a different person!

• Upvote 4

I couldn't believe there were still no photos of Carlin in her dress, so I did some digging, and... nada. They got this thing lock tight. I only managed to find the following:

Another photo of Josie in her dress. It looks a bit more grey here:

Spoiler

59771652_105071977409948_6115455027859042517_n.thumb.jpg.59f682636a372ce820b3cb2efa96ff51.jpg

This shot shows a better view of what the ceremony looked like

Spoiler

60237899_2331342763809623_158542752947520598_n.thumb.jpg.cb7a5046607712c433b3ead8f625502b.jpg

Jim Bob and Michelle y'all!

Spoiler

60092496_902095713463222_2183313918683681627_n.thumb.jpg.439254d0a8a8447b1186a58db3a3b814.jpg

• Thank You 8

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

I couldn't believe there were still no photos of Carlin in her dress, so I did some digging, and... nada. They got this thing lock tight. I only managed to find the following:

Another photo of Josie in her dress. It looks a bit more grey here:

Hide contents

59771652_105071977409948_6115455027859042517_n.thumb.jpg.59f682636a372ce820b3cb2efa96ff51.jpg

This shot shows a better view of what the ceremony looked like

Hide contents

60237899_2331342763809623_158542752947520598_n.thumb.jpg.cb7a5046607712c433b3ead8f625502b.jpg

Jim Bob and Michelle y'all!

Hide contents

60092496_902095713463222_2183313918683681627_n.thumb.jpg.439254d0a8a8447b1186a58db3a3b814.jpg

And once again Michelle shows up to a formal event dressed for a trip to Aldi.  

How has she been on TV for so long and no one has explained dressing appropriately for the occasion?

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Does she have additional cachet in fundy circles for staying with him?  Does that elevate her somehow or is she looked down upon?  Curious as to how others in their circle, but outside their family, might see her.

Yes. She will be praised for working through it and being a godly testament of wife/mother. She will be admired for praying her family through. She will be a success in that way especially if Josh is sans any additional scandal and her children show minimal to no rebellion as they grow into adulthood. But I doubt she has the clout she once had as an idolized fundie. No woman wants her man or her experience despite their forgiving hearts.

I am sure there are some who pitty her (not in a good way). They probably will never admit it in mixed company either unless they're being spiteful which is frowned upon. My experience has been that everyone tries to be so positive and hopeful that things will get better, but behind the scenes people talk. If you challenge this in open, quickly you are reminded how God can do it. He can change anyone. 

Just like that, Josh can be "healed", doing the right thing and back on track. Yes people really think this and probably believe Anna was smart to help him get back to God.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I see major sweat stain under Josie's arm.  Did it end up being in the 90's today?

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic