IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, JessaBlessa said:

What time is the wedding?

In Erin’s Instastory, it looked like the ceremony is at 5:30 PM EST. 

Edit: They are EST, not CST

Edited by Mrs.Right
Wrong time zone.
  • Thank You 2

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No matter what Carlin wore today, she would be hot. It’s just a hot day and most wedding dresses have layers and the fabric is often not terribly breathable. I’m saying “most” wedding dresses. Of course there are shorter wedding dresses and some made of just one thin layer. But they are the minority.

I think Gil is going to trample all over it. 

Wouldn't put it past Carlin to have a reception dress.

• I Agree 5

Just now, CaptainFunderpants said:

Wouldn't put it past Carlin to have a reception dress.

True! She would be the type. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

True! She would be the type. 

As a general rule I think reception dresses are great because more shopping and pretty clothes = better!

But I'm always so 50/50 on what I think of reception dresses for myself personally.

On the one hand, it's another pretty, fancy, white dress.

On the other hand, how often do you get to wear your wedding dress? I feel like I would want to be in it for as long as possible.

Granted, I have heard more stories (including on here) of women finding/making great reasons to re-wear their wedding dress throughout the years. There was a viral post on reddit about a guy's wife wearing her wedding dress to watch William and Kate's wedding and I thought it was fantastic -just like wearing a football jersey to watch a game :tw_blush:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I'm probably just too particular but I hate when bridesmaids all don't have the same dress. When they're in different colors it's even worse. It just looks sloppy, imo.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a pale yellow or mint green would have been nice. 

I think very few people look good in those colors, especially yellow.  I'd refuse if offered green or yellow for a dress, personally.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm probably just too particular but I hate when bridesmaids all don't have the same dress. When they're in different colors it's even worse. It just looks sloppy, imo.

My preference is different styles but all the same color, because then everyone gets to look their best. However, if it's different colors then they need to be in the same style, and the colors need to be in the same palette. I agree that this looks rather mishmashed.

Whoever mentioned the lavender dress from Jinger's wedding... Absolutely. Ugh. Yes. Dusty lavender, not bright periwinkle!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm probably just too particular but I hate when bridesmaids all don't have the same dress.

I like having different styles, but I'd like the same fabric and tied in detailing if it were me.

Trying to find a style that would be flattering on every body type for so many different bridesmaids...someone would look terrible and feel miserable.  JMO I'm not a wedding planner.

1 minute ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

bright periwinkle

I've always wanted to have a periwinkle powder room.  

#BathroomGoals

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

There’s also a blue dress! I think 4 colors is a bit much, I’m curious about the pictures now.

84EA1C83-4E6B-4097-B998-13DDE04913FB.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I’m wondering how Josie’s dress will look with all the pink purple and taupe/champagne. 

57A6ED12-98BB-484C-B761-0CC47066B676.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering how Josie’s dress will look with all the pink purple and taupe/champagne. 

57A6ED12-98BB-484C-B761-0CC47066B676.jpeg

It's pushing the shade matching for sure. Not enough gray in the blue.

Four colors is insane especially with all of the different styles.

At this point, why not just let people re-wear dresses from the other eleventy weddings?

• Upvote 10

39 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’ve never been into each bridesmaid wearing a different style of dress. I like it better when they all wear the same style. 

Me neither. But Carlin does have bridesmaids with a range of body types, coloring, and ages (and stages of pregnancy...). So it would be pretty difficult to find one style that worked on everyone. Though it might have been better if she picked one or two colors and had everyone pick their most flattering style from a David's Bridal type place. Or at least have everyone do chiffon or lace or beading. As it stands there's really nothing cohesive tying the dresses together. 

It's just another reason such a large bridal party causes so many logistical issues. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’ve never been into each bridesmaid wearing a different style of dress. I like it better when they all wear the same style. 

And I think I would’ve liked the color scheme better if it didn’t have purple.

I do love the bottom of Carlin’s dress! And the lace sleeves too, but I’m worried about the heat

I don’t like matching styles personally. I was in a wedding once where we had matching dresses and I felt more like a doll the bride was playing dress up with than a person. That was more because of the bride than the dresses though and at least they were nice dresses.

My sister and I both opted to let our bridesmaids pick their own styles, but they had the same color, material, and length. There were different body types to consider and one person was pregnant in each wedding, so it made more sense to let them choose the styles they felt best in. 

ETA: My husband had yesterday off so we could do house selling/buying stuff and I keep forgetting today is Saturday. I was wicked confused by people saying the wedding was today and not yesterday. ?

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t like matching styles personally. I was in a wedding once where we had matching dresses and I felt more like a doll the bride was playing dress up with than a person. That was more because of the bride than the dresses though and at least they were nice dresses.

My sister and I both opted to let our bridesmaids pick their own styles, but they had the same color, material, and length. There were different body types to consider and one person was pregnant in each wedding, so it made more sense to let them choose the styles they felt best in. 

The length matching is something I'm really 50/50 on.

Arguments for matching length vs. variable length?

I feel like matching is very uniform while still allowing different cuts, but variable can be fun and a bit more whimsy/relaxed if that's the vibe you're going for.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Or at least have everyone do chiffon or lace or beading. As it stands there's really nothing cohesive tying the dresses together. 

That's what I was trying to say and couldn't find the words.

Josie's dress looks far more casual than the others (yes, I am avoiding scrubbing walls by focusing on a wedding I don't care about, why do you ask?)

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I feel like matching is very uniform while still allowing different cuts, but variable can be fun and a bit more whimsy/relaxed if that's the vibe you're going for.

I’m cool with it. I would have been fine with my two bridesmaids having different lengths, but it was early November and they wanted to be warm. Lol!

I was pretty laidback about everything though because I just didn’t really care about those specific details. I was more interested in the food, cake, and entertainment because I’m basically just a 5’7” hobbit. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

A peek at the groomsmen outfits:

Spoiler

60240541_2249636331794620_1721814572080369038_n.thumb.jpg.8ab050e9d5ec343309710a4ef5aeccb6.jpg

Tearing up at the rehearsal:

Spoiler

59793151_215780786057957_4640571006650019676_n.thumb.jpg.0f0f0a31b2b6c890800ae6d05763afc9.jpg

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alyssa keeps posing like a Disney Princess ?

I was JUST thinking how much she reminds me of my daughter.  Point a camera at her and she instantly turns into a Disney princess!

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1

11 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

The snob in me doesn't like it. Knee length and floor length are for different levels of formality and different times of day, so it doesn't make sense to have bridesmaids at the same ceremony wearing different lengths. 

I just realized, after today there will be no Bateses who are engaged or officially courting. How many years has it been since we could say that? (Though I'm guessing Trace will quickly end that streak soon enough.)

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 20

Just now, nausicaa said:

The snob in me doesn't like it. Knee length and floor length are for different levels of formality and different times of day, so it doesn't make sense to have bridesmaids at the same ceremony wearing different lengths. 

I'm with you - unless you're going for whimsical / hippy type thing it's like mixing black and white tie.  I don't care for it.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

A peek at the groomsmen outfits:

Hide contents

60240541_2249636331794620_1721814572080369038_n.thumb.jpg.8ab050e9d5ec343309710a4ef5aeccb6.jpg

Tearing up at the rehearsal:

Hide contents

59793151_215780786057957_4640571006650019676_n.thumb.jpg.0f0f0a31b2b6c890800ae6d05763afc9.jpg

I think this is the first picture I’ve ever seen of Evan where he looks natural and not hamming or forcing a smile. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic