IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, BrandoBarks said:

I can’t see the pictures ? 

Is it because you are geographically restricted or because you can’t find them? if you can’t find them just scroll down a bit. If you’re restricted try looking for them on tumblr or ig. I think posting them all here would break the rules ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Everyone looks really nice. Not fond of Carlin’s hair and poofy dress, but to each her own. Kelly and Erin, in particular, look really nice. And I don’t see any Bates G3, so maybe because all the adults were in the wedding... this happened to us when our son was a baby and we were all in my brother’s  out of town wedding. We had to get a hotel sitter ( large reputable hotel, my SILs GF owned the hotel chain at the time and the reception was onsite so we felt OK about it). 

• Upvote 1

Honestly. Can’t snark about anything but the veil, and that’s because I’m not all hippie. 

Love the dress, love the bridesmaids dresses together, they look happy. 

I love the dress. What was the designer again??

46BC2E1D-3CFE-4221-BF50-1C6578CAEE47.jpeg

Edited by WillWorkForSideHugs
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Wow she looks beautiful. One of my favorite fundie bridal looks.

Very impresssed with everything. But wow outdoor reception in addition to outdoor ceremony in that heat? Sounds like a nightmare!

Might get uptv just to see the wedding

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

The bridesmaids look nice together in the picture but it looks like there is some filter on there. I have seen wedding pictures with all different dresses (we don’t do bridesmaids here) that all of a sudden looked the same shade after the editing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

She has a really nice dress. IMO out of all the Bates she has the prettiest one. 

I wonder how many times they practiced him kicking his heels together. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

The colors don't look as mismatched all standing together but all of them having a drastically different style still looks sloppy. Carlin's dress is nice.

If they're up early I'm guessing a Mexico or Caribbean honeymoon.

• Upvote 8

On a side note very surprised she hasn't changed her insta handle to Carlin Stewart. Thought that would be the first thing she would do after the wedding

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

On a side note very surprised she hasn't changed her insta handle to Carlin Stewart. Thought that would be the first thing she would do after the wedding

That’s the first thing Josie did. Carlin May have other things on her mind. 

I think it’s sad that she had to get married to get some alone time with even. Josie got married after a short courtship/engagement. Josie is also younger. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

I’m really hoping she’s not one of those people who change it to “Mrs-Carlin-Stewart” or “EvansWifey”

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, BrandoBarks said:

I can’t see the pictures ? 

Sadly neither can I due to being geographically restricted. 

• Upvote 4

I expected nothing less from them than this picture and I’m glad they didn’t disappoint me.

E49FB6CB-20C6-465E-BC2F-DADF163A01CF.jpeg.45d0ea64b5d745b417fac2b0a1f36285.jpeg

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 24

I’m not into Carlin’s dress or floral crown at all. The flowers on the dress are so bulky and matronly. I’m surprised by her choice.

BEC etc.

Carlin immediately wearing pants is fascinating to me. Did she buy them in secret prior to the wedding? Tell her mom she bought them but agree not to wear them until she move out? Buy them the night of the wedding? Inquiring minds (mine) want to know the history of these pants.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I'm geographically restricted, can anyone share here under the spoiler thing? I looked on tumblr and such but no one has posted.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I'm geographically restricted, can anyone share here under the spoiler thing? I looked on tumblr and such but no one has posted.

Check my tumblr (@dugglife)

• Thank You 8
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Indoor weddings in the height of summer aren't necessarily better. My friends got married on the hottest day every recorded here (48 Celcius, around 118 Fahrenheit I believe). 

They got married in an old stone church, and it was actually hotter inside by a long way. I remember standing up during the ceremony and my legs were flowing with sweat. The groomsmen were in full suits and when they took the coat off their waistcoats were literally soaked. 

The bride's grandmother went to about 10 stores the day before to find fans that sprayed water. She'd run across during the ceremony and spray the bridal party.

I will say their photographers did an incredible job. None of the bridal party look like their clothes are soaked in sweat or are even hit at all! Thankfully there aren't a lot of photos of me at the wedding because I got my makeup done and by the end of the day I was a hot mess!

In 1988, my best friend decided to get married in JULY in SOUTH CAROLINA. Oh yeah, it was a tiny  civil war era church with no ac. We wore long dark green dresses with full lace overlay and long sleeves. Our bouquets had candles. CANDLES

As MOH, I had to stand on this tiny step near the alter (were feet in the 1800's like 6 inches long??) in heels. And it was a long service. I felt myself sway a few times...

I think she was trying to kill us. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

I actually like the bridesmaid dresses a lot more than at first! Overall very nice. 

I actually like that picture of even jumping. It’s cute

• Upvote 5

I really wish that I could say I didn't give a crap, but :confusion-shrug::

I thought she looked gorgeous---my favorite fundie bride look of all.  Whole thing from head to toe. The only thing I hated was the 165-lb accessory that she walked out with.  Otherwise, it was a 10 for me.

I don't get the messy, see-through frosting on the cake.  I know it is a trend, but it looks very messy to me. Cake deserves better than that.

Michelle's look:  I am in the very tiny camp of actually liking to wear stockings.  I feel better being "held in" a bit.  But the dark stockings she has on, coupled with the dark skirt & top, are so mismatched for an almost summer, outdoor wedding that I found them distracting. 

Edited by Satan'sFortress
spelling
  • Upvote 11

I have to say, I do like her dress, for a big poofy dress.  It appears to actually fit her and her flower crown is an appropriate size and doesn't overwhelm as Josie's did.  The dances look like any other wedding, but, I'm sure to many of the attendees out of the norm.

It will be interesting to see how she adapts to living in Nashville and if any of her horrific beliefs fall by the wayside.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I’ll just admit it; well done Carlin. The wedding dress is very pretty (just what I imagined she’d go with), the venue is beautiful and I think it’s a good idea to use different bridesmaids dresses if you’re going to have a gazillion bridesmaids (my personal opinion is that 14 grown women wearing the same dress just looks strange.)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Wonder if the Duggar’s left when the dancing started? I also wonder if they had dancing for those that attended or just certain people. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Thanks for sharing the Tumblr! I'm geoblocked too (which is funny because normally when I'm in Australia I'm not!)

Some thoughts:

Dress is pretty much what I expected, maybe even slightly nicer. I think if she had pinned the front of her hair back, the flower crown/veil/long hair combo would have worked really well.

The colours of the bridemaids look fine together, but I think the styles are to mismatched. There's sleeveless, glittery sleeves, lace sleeves, long flowy bit and shorter flowy bit. Either similar colours or similar styles would have worked better in my opinion.

Tori and Michael look so similar. I've never noticed it about them until these photos.

Lawson and Evans sister (the one that had that song recently and everyone was speculating if it was about Lawson) appear to be paired together. Made me laugh a little if our speculation was true.

• Upvote 5

It's a nice dress, better than most fundie dresses for sure. I think it would have looked better without the sleeves but it doesn't look bad.

I can't find it on the designer's website, though. That's assuming that it is from the designer that she tagged on IG when she bought it. Possible that there were modesty alterations.

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic