IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

I think if the recipe changed Velveeta to cheddar, even a lower fat one and different white sauce, it would be nice.

I'd probably make it the same way I make macaroni cheese or a cheesy pasta bake, I make my cheese sauce with cheddar, milk, flour and not a lot of butter.  I usually add broccoli and/ cauliflower and if I have chicken or bacon left offer I'll use that too but I rarely make it because even if you use lower fat milk and cheese it is still not the healthiest of meal.

I also don't think Jill only eats those meals, she probably makes them when she wants the comfort food she grew up with. My great Aunt passed away in December and as a tribute to her we ate what was known in our house as Auntie Betty soup, it was a mixture of Heinz vegatable and lentle soup. We used to go to her house for a second Christmas dinner on Boxing Day growing up and some years more extended family members would show up and as more people showed up she would add tins off soup to her homemade soup until eventually it was just a mix of Heinz vegetable and lentle soup. My sister and I used to make it when we didn't know what else to have. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I have a G cup and I go braless as often as I can. Saggity waggity woo, my boobs go too-de-loo.

(still trying to find a bra that doesn't dig into my skin and gives support, that I can wear for more than 4 hours at a time)

You know where you can find such a bra?

the lost city of Atlantis

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

My biggest wonder is if Jill knows what a healthy meal is vs not. For most of her formative years, she was fed  crap, in what was most likely insufficient quantities, so that would be her norm. D/T their choices in spouses, Jessa and Jinger seemed to have moved beyond the less than stellar diet, but I am not just not certain about Jill. She does like ethnic foods, but that does not always equate with being healthy (who doesn’t love delicious, homemade Naan?). Yep, I’m likely a food snob. For the most part we eat fresh and healthy, so IMO, any worthy food blog would be the same. Of course everyone eats the occasional crap meal. I love me some greasy, pepperoni pizza from my local joint, but I wouldn’t blog about it. I am not Jill’s target audience. I so want her to find HER niche. I think of all the kids she and Josh have been most adversely affected by their parents’ crappy antics.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Mid C cup here and I will try and get away with a camisole whenever possible, Bras are evil. Unless going for a killer outfit which I don't have the energy for anymore. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bella8050 said:

Mid C cup here and I will try and get away with a camisole whenever possible, Bras are evil. Unless going for a killer outfit which I don't have the energy for anymore. 

same here. If I can get away with it I will go without a bra. sometimes that means throwing hoodies over my shirt when I go out. LMAO

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Just went to my church women's group sans bra (but with a t-shirt)...but then again we meet in a restaurant that serves alcohol!! 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

I just saw their Easter pictures. Couldn't Derick have dressed up just a little? They look like they're going to a hoe down. I know not all churches are formal, but I would think that he would at least wear a suit on Easter.

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

same here. If I can get away with it I will go without a bra. sometimes that means throwing hoodies over my shirt when I go out. LMAO

For me there's only two good things about cold weather - less bugs, and being able to hide under layers. Cami + sweatshirt all the way.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I just saw their Easter pictures. Couldn't Derick have dressed up just a little? They look like they're going to a hoe down. I know not all churches are formal, but I would think that he would at least wear a suit on Easter.

I think I found the combination of wishing people a Happy Easter and reminding us all that Jesus has risen, and then selling us the Citrus and Lemon dress she was wearing more distasteful. Didn't Jesus have something to say about turning a house of prayer into a marketplace? (Not that Instagram is a temple. I'm kind of stretching my point here.)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 3

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the promo in the Easter post either. She could have taken the pics at the same time but posted the ad a day or two later. She did get one upped though by Sierra who went for the trifecta by announcing her pregnancy. #multitasker

• Haha 17

5 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the promo in the Easter post either. She could have taken the pics at the same time but posted the ad a day or two later. She did get one upped though by Sierra who went for the trifecta by announcing her pregnancy. #multitasker

Jill is really trying to get every penny out of anything she can. hell she even had a paid partnership with Amy's store a little bit ago. I was thinking what the heck your cousin has to actually pay you to talk about her clothes. Joy, Jessa and Jinger have talked about the clothes but no indication that Amy had to pay them. LMAO

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

DISCLAIMER: I don't want to sound sexist but I really love when men cook. It's such a turn on. 

For me it’s when he does the dishes ... :romance-hearteyes:

I think he might now this though since I havn’t washed a dish in years.

13 hours ago, Lisafer said:

*snort* thanks for the giggle! Why yes, I have the mind of a twelve-year-old.

Re: breasts, boobs, tits, and jugs: I feel like, as women, we should be free to refer to our chesticles by whatever word we prefer. If you're a doctor doing an exam, or a breastfeeding instructor, "breasts" is obviously the correct technical term. Personally, I feel like a snake hissing when I say it. Breastsssssss. I like "boobs" for everyday usage. It's a fun, bouncy word. 

Use whatever word you like to refer to your mammary glands. I may die inside if I hear "melons," but that's my problem, not yours. 

Well chesticles will definitly be my choice from now!

• Haha 11

The fact that the clothing industry decides what is the norm (young women’s breasts/boobs) and makes clothes around that is not science, it’s a structural reinforcement of the ‘ideal’ feminine body as being one that is young, slim, etc. This is a feminist problem! It’s part of the bigger issue of older women being erased from our society, of normative judgements around how women’s bodies should look...

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 6

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My biggest wonder is if Jill knows what a healthy meal is vs not. For most of her formative years, she was fed  crap, in what was most likely insufficient quantities, so that would be her norm. D/T their choices in spouses, Jessa and Jinger seemed to have moved beyond the less than stellar diet, but I am not just not certain about Jill. She does like ethnic foods, but that does not always equate with being healthy (who doesn’t love delicious, homemade Naan?). Yep, I’m likely a food snob. For the most part we eat fresh and healthy, so IMO, any worthy food blog would be the same. Of course everyone eats the occasional crap meal. I love me some greasy, pepperoni pizza from my local joint, but I wouldn’t blog about it. I am not Jill’s target audience. I so want her to find HER niche. I think of all the kids she and Josh have been most adversely affected by their parents’ crappy antics.

She makes mention on the blog of a few recipes that are higher calorie and mentions on the blender muffin recipe that they had to follow a specific diet a few years back - I think it was gluten, dairy, and sugar free? Im guessing that might have been when Derick was having health issues and they were trying to figure out triggers. As a Midwife she likely had to know some basics of nutrition as well from the actual schoolwork portion, though with Venessa as her mentor you’ve really got to wonder about how much that would have been reinforced. And we know the eldest Duggar daughters often opted for salads while they were still unmarried - I’m guessing due to a combination of health consciousness and trying to look their best to attract a mate (and now I’m picturing their husbands strutting  around like peacocks and I’m guessing that’s not entirely inaccurate in Jeremy’s case.) 

My best guess is that she probably has a basic understanding the way most people do where junk food is something that isn’t great for you and fresh produce is. Jessa* and Jinger might have more knowledge because their husbands make that a major priority in their households. Knowing that their moms grew up in a food insecure house, I take the view of caring more about the kids involved being healthy and adequately fed than really focusing on whether they’re all eating super healthy diets. We obviously can’t really know for sure, but all the grandkids thus far seem to be doing fine health-wise.

As for Josh, he’s a special case because he’s a man and does what he wants regardless of the impact on others. That means if he wants the Keller family Chicken-Etti for dinner every night for a week, he’ll likely get that. Anna might opt to serve herself and the kids something else most of the time, but having a penis puts him in charge and it seems to me he might have a lot of sway over his diet because of that. I get the feeling the Duggar sons-in-law (even Derick) don’t go around demanding their wives cater to their dietary whims, but that Josh might. I would guess it’d be more of a conversation between the daughters and husbands or part of natural changes that take place over the course of a marriage as you learn what each person likes, but I could be wrong about that.

*Or maybe it’s just that Ben makes the shopping list and does the cooking for them. Doesn’t matter to me either way as long as their kids are healthy and fed.

• Upvote 11

I’m trying to remember what I wore to church on Easter Sunday now... I think it was a football (soccer) shirt, jeans and thongs (flip flops). I was probably more casually dressed than most, but I did not see anybody there in a suit. Derrick’s outfit seems fine to me *shrug*

But yeah, save the marketing for another post, that’s tacky. “No one can serve two masters.” Not even on Instagram.

• Upvote 15

6 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jill is really trying to get every penny out of anything she can. hell she even had a paid partnership with Amy's store a little bit ago. I was thinking what the heck your cousin has to actually pay you to talk about her clothes. Joy, Jessa and Jinger have talked about the clothes but no indication that Amy had to pay them. LMAO

That may just be because Joy, Jessa and Jinger didn't properly diclose the partnership.

You have to disclose paid partnerships in Instagram even if you "only" get free products and no cash changes hands. So if Amy told her cousins "Hey ladies, why don't you each pick out a few pieces from my store for free and post about them on Instagram," then they would have to declare that as a paid partnership.

The fact that none of her sisters did that doesn't tell me that they didn't get free stuff from Amy's store in exchange for publicity, only that they didn't disclose this fact like they're supposed to. For all of Jill's many faults, she has been the only Duggar who has mostly been consistent about properly labelling sponsored content.

Now the fact that she uses her Easter post to shill Citrus and Lemon, even as an atheist I have no words for how tacky that is. Let's just say I would NOT be happy about that if I were a Christian.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

On the topic of wearing a bra all the time, most of the reason I do it is because since breastfeeding (which ended 5 years ago) my nipples are super sensitive. I hate when things just brush across them and even my clothing if it's loose will irritate them, so bra it is! I usually end up sleeping in one out of laziness to take it off though.

• Upvote 6

I think Jill looks pretty in her Citrus & Lemon dress.  Yes, it's tacky to include a product shill in her Easter post, but hey, the girl needs to pay the mortgage...and the grocery bills, the utility bills, the car expenses, the insurances coverage, buy new shoes for a pair of growing boys, and maybe cover law school expenses for hubby.   I don't begrudge her working on Sundays, even Easter Sunday. 

• Upvote 9

Gross. Another sloppy try-hard kissing photo.  Happy Easter indeed.

Edited by acheronbeach
hit save too quickly
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, karen77 said:

On the topic of wearing a bra all the time, most of the reason I do it is because since breastfeeding (which ended 5 years ago) my nipples are super sensitive. I hate when things just brush across them and even my clothing if it's loose will irritate them, so bra it is! I usually end up sleeping in one out of laziness to take it off though.

For me, breastfeeding had the opposite effect.  Prior to that, my nipples were very sensitive and even more so just before my period occurred.  After my son was weaned, I noticed a significant decrease in sensitivity, and post-menopause, even more so. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Smee said:

I’m trying to remember what I wore to church on Easter Sunday now... I think it was a football (soccer) shirt, jeans and thongs (flip flops). I was probably more casually dressed than most, but I did not see anybody there in a suit. Derrick’s outfit seems fine to me *shrug*

But yeah, save the marketing for another post, that’s tacky. “No one can serve two masters.” Not even on Instagram.

It looks fine to me too. Not everyone gets super dressy for Easter. As long as its not pj pants or sweats, I'm okay with it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I wear a bra. It’s fine for me, I don’t have any problems with mine. I tend to get underboob sweat if I don’t wear one. They aren’t even that big. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

I like her dress though darn it

I like it a lot. I would 100% wear that dress.

16 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I think I found the combination of wishing people a Happy Easter and reminding us all that Jesus has risen, and then selling us the Citrus and Lemon dress she was wearing more distasteful. Didn't Jesus have something to say about turning a house of prayer into a marketplace? (Not that Instagram is a temple. I'm kind of stretching my point here.)

I think they all actually look really nice, especially Jill. Hair, earrings, and dress all work well together and are flattering/spring like. I don't think anyone needs to wear a suit on Easter unless they want to.

• Upvote 11

Ever since I went to the Citrus & Lemon website their advertising has been popping up all over facebook, freejinger, and elsewhere LOL.

But that advertising isn't going to work on me. The clothes are too expensive and not really my taste. 

• Upvote 1

• Georgiana locked this topic