IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

A food post, and 3 hours later only 27 comments. All of them positive, with some "why are you so mean?!?" inbetween. Has someone been on a deleting spree? 

• Haha 8

I have large boobs and neck problems from the boobs and I'll wear whatever bra makes me not suffer, I don't give a single toot if my boobs are sagging down to my belly button. And if someone was willing to pay me to wear my grandma's curtains with my saggy boobs, I'd do it in a heart beat.

With that said, that dress is hideous. Jill could make small improvements but lbr, it's gonna stay ugly. And while I don't know much about the company...if they're willing to make and sell something that ugly they probably think Jill looks great. Win-win for them all.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Silas said:

I have large boobs and neck problems from the boobs and I'll wear whatever bra makes me not suffer, I don't give a single toot if my boobs are sagging down to my belly button. And if someone was willing to pay me to wear my grandma's curtains with my saggy boobs, I'd do it in a heart beat.

With that said, that dress is hideous. Jill could make small improvements but lbr, it's gonna stay ugly. And while I don't know much about the company...if they're willing to make and sell something that ugly they probably think Jill looks great. Win-win for them all.

I've had DD/DDD size boobs for about 20 years (since my son was born, and they never have decreased in cup size even though I've lost nearly 40 lbs in the last few years!).  Now they are giving me back problems, stupid things.  I used to care about trying to prevent excess sagging, but no more.  When I get home the first thing I whip off is my bra, and let loose a big "aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!"  Swing low, sweet boobies, swing free.

ETA:  However, I am not an "influencer" or trying to make any money by promoting clothing or anything else, so I don't have to worry about people critiquing my appearance (other than what happens naturally by people in the street and so forth, and they can lump it when it comes to my sagging chest line).  But Jill is trying to promote clothing and it would benefit her profit line to pay attention to the little details, like wearing a good supportive bra, ironing the clothes before taking photos, learning about proper lighting and background, etc. 

Edited by EmmieJ
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I read something years ago that said the boobs should be several inches above the crook of the elbow. If you see Jill's boobs there, they are definitely heading for the elbow.

I'm 64 years old, you can fold my sagging boobs in half, but I wear brassieres that keep them 2-3 inches above the crook of my arm, kind of up near the armpits, where the boobs are  generally located. It really helps the proper drape of clothing and separation of boobs and waist.

This is not the first time we've discussed Duggar bra wearing. NOBODY, for a while, had decent undergarment support. This became much more apparent when they went to having babies and really needed more support.

I'd say it was a BEC thing, but if Jill wants to be an "influencer", she should be putting her best foot forward. So good undergarments, decent fit, decent ironing/steaming of the outfit, correct accessories... the whole shebang.

Stacy and Clinton used to say it on every episode! I loved What Not To Wear btw so heartbroken that they hated each other.

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

A food post, and 3 hours later only 27 comments. All of them positive, with some "why are you so mean?!?" inbetween. Has someone been on a deleting spree? 

She's notorious for deleting comments. I've noticed that every post always had deleted comments. I see a few negative ones and 20 minutes later they're gone.

• Upvote 7

I noticed she was shilling in her Easter post....’Happy Easter, look at my cute dress!’.

No Resurrection Day for Jilly, I guess.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I believe you're referring to @FrozenSmile, Not sure she can enlighten us but we can ask.

I haven’t heard anything. I did find it strange that he wasn’t at JD/Abbie’s wedding, though, especially since his kid was in the wedding party. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

On 4/19/2019 at 11:34 AM, freshlemonade said:

IMO- that picture gives off a prison yard vibe. 

Edited to add that even though she takes terrible pictures and doesn't even attempt to iron or make the clothes look presentable, there are probably a million people that now know about Citrus and Lemon so maybe they don't care about their brand ambassador being such a hot mess???

Sweet Jebus for real!  And if you don't have an iron or steamer, just a light spritz with water and 5 minutes in the dryer. Jeez.  wrinkly clothes are a pet peeve of mine. 

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, justmissedquiver said:

Sweet Jebus for real!  And if you don't have an iron or steamer, just a light spritz with water and 5 minutes in the dryer. Jeez.  wrinkly clothes are a pet peeve of mine. 

Why does it feel like every five minutes some FJer who went to evil public school and/or has a college degree and/or works outside the home is having to  post some obvious homemaking tip for Jilly or others in her former SAHD crowd?

How did we end up being better "Keepers of the Home" than they are????? : )

[I did earn a sewing badge in Girl Scouts. But my mom taught me how to iron--and steam--clothes]

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 7

37 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Because we had parents who didn't half-ass everything. Well, that and some sort of curiosity about how to do shit and the willingness to look it up, ask questions, whatever. 

Admittedly I'm a horrible housekeeper these days. No kids, don't care maybe? We never have friends over? I really need to pull it together...

• Upvote 11

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Because it's super easy to run the shower hot, and steam the dress. It's what happens when you're a bridesmaid for someone, you put the dress in a bag and yet it still comes out wrinkled and you don't want to look like something the cat dragged in. 

• Upvote 4

On the topic of Jill and Derick kissing, I see no passion between them whatsoever.  Not that I want to, seriously, this is one area I don't want to see them practicing for improvement .  Just noting that their kisses don't convey a natural  "I love this person" quality. 

• I Agree 6

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Stacy and Clinton used to say it on every episode! I loved What Not To Wear btw so heartbroken that they hated each other.

They were both pretty good at hiding the fact they couldn't stand each other because I never got even a glimmer of that.  I think Stacy has fallen on hard times, while Clinton seems to have landed on his feet (is he on The Chew?).  I did enjoy watching the show but I would have hated being on it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Just now, EmmieJ said:

They were both pretty good at hiding the fact they couldn't stand each other because I never got even a glimmer of that.  I think Stacy has fallen on hard times, while Clinton seems to have landed on his feet (is he on The Chew?).  I did enjoy watching the show but I would have hated being on it.

Yeah I think Stacy got really sick, I remember seeing she had surgery. Clinton is doing really well. He's the guru on The Chew and he does interviews and stuff. They were amazing actors. I didn't know they hated each other until after the show ended.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

I haven’t heard anything. I did find it strange that he wasn’t at JD/Abbie’s wedding, though, especially since his kid was in the wedding party. 

Except he actually was at the wedding. There are photos on their website showing him there:

019B7EB9-E89A-48CE-B98D-DC8D869315E5.thumb.png.e2035fd361a22dbe425043da765394b2.png

Spoiler

F0599E30-C391-4F22-902A-57E3D82E2092.thumb.png.bf58c57f05a8cc38d65fb91acb4b1181.png

Jill is sitting on the lower right side, directly opposite of the Vuolos, who are on the left side (Jeremy is looking away from the camera.) Derick is standing right behind Jill. 

ETA: It was a huge wedding and it’s pretty likely you just missed seeing him, especially since he wouldn’t have been featured prominently due to filming. I’ve seen the claim made that he wasn’t there at all made a lot on here though and it’s just not true. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 14

Holy moly. I have small boobs and now I’m even worried about where they should be sitting (actually I’m not really). But who made this rule about them needing to be 2-3 inches above my elbow?

Why can’t they just sit where they’re comfortable? Why do I have to follow rules that some other person makes up about how I should look?

Jill’s boobs are fine. There are so many things she could be criticised for, please let this not be one of them.

• Upvote 20
  • Love 5

I have a G cup and I go braless as often as I can. Saggity waggity woo, my boobs go too-de-loo.

(still trying to find a bra that doesn't dig into my skin and gives support, that I can wear for more than 4 hours at a time)

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 9
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Silas said:

Big boobs here too and, I will tell you a well fitting bra makes all the difference in the world. 

As far as I'm concerned any bra that keeps you comfortable is fine by me, I have friends who can't live with out their underwire bras, they even sleep in them. I have friends who hate underwire (me included but....DDD) and softer materials, I have one friend who gives no fucks and only wears a bra when going to formal events. :pb_lol:  Of course she's only like a B cup so she's not all...  

08a0c33c903b6a8b91b92bd38aa3a1b8.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

I read somewhere that your bust line should be halfway between your shoulder level and elbow.

Probably not a comfortable level for most people to hoik boobs up to, but it certainly it gives you a bit of a midriff rather than  boobs resting on your muffin top

Edited by Sops2
Grammar!
  • Upvote 3

The underwire is a nightmare and I hope to sweet Lord something better will one day come. I have one underwire bra left and it'll go down the gutter as soon as it even tries to poke out.

Just now, Sops2 said:

I read somewhere that your bust line should be halfway between your shoulder level and elbow.

Probably not a comfortable level for most people to hoik boobs up to, but it certainly it gives you a bit of a midriff rather than a boobs resting on your muffin top

I'm seriously trying to figure out if this is an insult to muffin tops or not. Please tell what it is.

• Upvote 7

29 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Except he actually was at the wedding. There are photos on their website showing him there:

Hide contents

F0599E30-C391-4F22-902A-57E3D82E2092.thumb.png.bf58c57f05a8cc38d65fb91acb4b1181.png 

Jill is sitting on the lower right side, directly opposite of the Vuolos, who are on the left side (Jeremy is looking away from the camera.) Derick is standing right behind Jill. 

ETA: It was a huge wedding and it’s pretty likely you just missed seeing him, especially since he wouldn’t have been featured prominently due to filming. I’ve seen the claim made that he wasn’t there at all made a lot on here though and it’s just not true. 

Who is that couple sitting next to J&D. Also it is possible that Derrick was late for whatever reason and people left before he got there. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, finnlassie said:

The underwire is a nightmare and I hope to sweet Lord something better will one day come. 

From your lips to the universe's ears. For the love of Rufus something better has to come along.  Sooner than later would be great.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

I don’t think Jill makes that much “influencing”. She isn’t promoting well known products like big stars and she may have a lot of followers but they aren’t likely the same people who follow the Kardashians and Disney stars. She is probably making enough to help pay bills but definitely not enough to build a house outright.

I don’t think Derrick received a big payout when his dad died. Whatever was received likely all went to Cathy and it probably wasn’t that much. His dad was in a dangerous field but not a high paying one. I doubt there was even a half million dollar policy on him and I can’t see them paying high insurance rates to get that policy. 

I think buying a house is a good idea if they can afford it. Honestly, Jill and Derick probably have a loan on the property. My friend bought a house for $450k about 40 miles from Los Angeles and she only put down about $30k and received a special down payment loan she wouldn’t have to pay back if she lived in the house a certain number of years. (I would love to be able to buy a nice house in that range but can’t do a two hour drive to and from work each day like my friend. Here you are looking at $750k-800k if you want a nice, small house in a semi-decent neighborhood not in the valley.)  My guess is Jill and Derick would have a much lower down payment as their house would cost so much less in Arkansas and may even be near what they pay in rent. They probably qualify for special programs for first-time homebuyers and other incentives. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

"The Chew" was cancelled last year.  "What Not to Wear" is being revised, but no word on if either of them will return to host.

As for the new house, as of last week it was owned by someone associated with the developers of the building project.  It's being speculated that if Jill and Douche are buying, it's a rent-to-own situation.  Maybe the paperwork isn't up to date on the house, yet.

Edited by Flossie
added quotation marks
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I'm just here to ask why we are calling them boobs instead of breasts.  Huge pet peeve!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Regarding why SAHD are so bad at homemaking:  despite what they would have you believe, a mega-family is actually the WORST place to learn homemaking.

Mega-families like the Duggars make it work because they can capitalize on economies of scale.  However, in order for this to work, you need to have an increased level of production.  This is often gained by having particular individuals who become incredibly efficient at one thing, rather than allowing ALL individuals to be moderately proficient at ALL things.  

So in terms of the Duggars, while the daughter in charge of cooking may become incredibly proficient at cooking, the others may not develop that skill at all or may only develop it slightly.  It's no accident, I think, that the daughter formerly in charge of laundry (that was Jinger, right?) always has clothes that look well cared for and sharp.  Jessa, the daughter formerly in charge of homeschooling, seems to be the best at writing and the most well-read.  Jill's cooking isn't instagram friendly, but it is VERY in line with Duggar cuisine and she does seem to be confident enough in her skills to be fairly adventurous in the types of food she will try to cook.  

But because allowing a less proficient member of the family to take over a jurisdiction would cause issues on the scale at which the Duggar household operated, the girls never received much cross training.  If they didn't pick it up naturally though the limited involvement they had in another jurisdiction, they were never forced to learn.  Jessa wasn't confident in her cooking.  Jill has no idea how to manage laundry.  

Meanwhile, for most of us, our parents could allow us to struggle, fail, and learn a wide variety of skills.  It didn't derail the whole show if as teens we fell behind on laundry or burned rolls.  We also often had times of increased independence pre-marriage where many of us had to learn all the necessary skills to support ourselves.  These both are great learning environments that SAHD from mega-families never had access to.

The SAHD movement is simply a load of crap designed to hold women back by never providing them with high quality learning environments in the hopes that they will remain perpetually stunted.  They sold it by wrapping it up in packaging that SEEMS like it would be true (they'll learn to be better housekeepers!), but they failed to account for the fact that running a mega-family is nothing like running a small family and that the secular form of allowing women to be adults before marriage is actually a more effective way of teaching them the wide range of skills needed to run a household rather than keeping them isolated in a household that likely bears little resemblance to the household they will enter after marriage.  

• Upvote 41
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

• Georgiana locked this topic