IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

Jazz Jennings got into Harvard, but can she say that she's IN LAW SCHOOL like Derick? 

On a serious note, I wonder how Derick feels about Jazz getting into Harvard, and him going to what google tells me are America's 157th best ranked university, and America's 87th best ranked law school.  

• Upvote 19
  • Love 6

33 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I can almost guarantee that he feels that she only got in because some nebulous liberal agenda gifted her her spot and feels HIS accomplishment is better because he "actually earned" his acceptance.  

The irony in a white male who has been riding the coattails of his famous wife and only held down a job for a few months complaining about people not earning things is, of course, very deep irony.  But I doubt Derick or the Duggars see that, and I think it is likely his response to the situation.  

Derick is CONSTANTLY bitching about other people not working and it's just baffling to me.  He's retweeted Dave Ramsey several times - Dave Ramsey, whose big schtick is that you've gotta work, be consistent in your finances, and be fiscally careful in order to achieve wealth.  

A bunch of dipshits on social media suggested Jazz got in because of the GODLESS LIBERAL AGENDA and in response she posted her stellar GPA... a waaay better GPA than I ever had in high school.  And I'm quite certain way better than dimwit Dillard ever had, either in high school or undergrad, given his mediocre schools and jobs.  

• Upvote 32
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Jazz doesn't just have the GPA to get in, she's done legitimate advocacy work, which for places like Harvard are as important as grades. They want young adults that show drive and interest in something besides school work. Doesn't really matter the area of interest, just doing something exceptional is important.

Jazz has definitely shown drive and interest, which combined with her grades, earned her her spot at Harvard. 

These idiots criticizing her just don't get that.

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 35
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Jazz doesn't just have the GPA to get in, she's done legitimate advocacy work, which for places like Harvard are as important as grades. They want young adults that show drive and interest in something besides school work. Doesn't really matter the area of interest, just doing something exceptional is important.

Jazz has definitely shown drive and interest, which combined with her grades, earned her her spot at Harvard. 

These idiots criticizing her just don't get that.

This, a million times. Students with completely perfect GPAs don't always get into schools of that tier because they're looking for something else that makes a student stand out. Outstanding GPAs are a dime a dozen in those applications. Jazz is a GREAT candidate for somewhere like Harvard because she's done a lot on her own in her life to make her stand out in good ways.

Someone like Derick would never get into Harvard because he's exactly like every other evangelical white guy with a persecution complex - there is nothing to make him stand out as anything special.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Jazz rocks in so many ways. Derick would be lucky if he had half the courage Jazz has shown. Jazz has gone places and helped make changes. Derick is just a #terriblebullyever. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Jazz earned her spot not only by her grades, but by putting herself out there in the world as a Trans advocate. Which means that she has had assholes like Derick tweet her and call her a him. She's had death threats and harassment and all kinds of shit, Derick who lives in his little bubble pretending he's persecuted has no idea about. If Derick wants to learn about persecution, he should look to Jazz! 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Good for Jazz-I am happy for her and I know she'll use her position one day to do good in this world, especially for marginalized groups. I hope she will be able to bring out some legislature that might make life easier for those groups. Whereas I'm sure Derick is in law school to bring around change to help protect middle class, white, evangelical men and the rights of cells (not babies), the rest of the population be damned.

I became sympathetic to transgender people a few years ago after one of my longtime online friends came out as being trans. I unwittingly made a very inappropriate and rude comment, which didn't bother him but still bothers me years later. He is a great person and does a lot of good for the LGBTQ community and is a good parent too. There are those even close to me who don't understand why a man wants to be a woman or vice versa and I try to gently explain to them.

(Then there are horrible hateful preachers like the guy in my avatar who bring it up in every sermon so they can scream about how sick it is).

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

Jill looks really good in the latest Instagram photos with the new clothes. Jeans that fit! And are fairly tight! And ripped at the knees! F U Michelle.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

On 4/5/2019 at 1:33 PM, acheronbeach said:

Derick is CONSTANTLY bitching about other people not working and it's just baffling to me.  He's retweeted Dave Ramsey several times - Dave Ramsey, whose big schtick is that you've gotta work, be consistent in your finances, and be fiscally careful in order to achieve wealth.    

Wait--really?

I spare myself the torture of Derick's Twitter feed so this is news to me. He likes Dave Ramsey, the man who hates student loans and advises people to work and go to school in the evenings or look for scholarships instead? The man who constantly preaches delaying gratification and seeing projects through? Ramsey would flip the hell out over how Jill and Derick handle their financial planning. 

Derick really lives in his own "Mommy's little prince" kinda world, doesn't he?

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

Jill looks really good in the latest Instagram photos with the new clothes. Jeans that fit! And are fairly tight! And ripped at the knees! F U Michelle.

I agree that is a good look on her. Looks like what a modern Mom would wear. Simple and cute.

• Upvote 21

For me, those sandals are too formal, and I despise shredded clothing, but she looks nice to me, and her clothes fit her... her hair is so long!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

She looks fantastic. I think she's becoming more confident with her clothing (she's wearing clothes that fit now!) which is great for her. I'd personally wear flats with that outfit, but I always wear flats, so you know. And I'm aiming to get my hair that long again. I hate how much she gets shit on for her hair, because I think it's awesome. That said, I also think she'd look amazing with a shorter cut. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3

Only Michelle the little girls, Tyler, Anna & Kids, Jessa the boys and Jana, no Derrick, no JB, no Joy. Not much of a family party considering the size of the family. But it looks like a nice little party and it looks like Izzy had fun which is all that matters. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

I like the shoes...I'd wear them, I hope that's not a sign of the rapture coming. I do hope it drives Michelle batty to see some of the girls wearing pants.

Cracking up at the new thread title because I just watched an IG story of someone (Jordan Lloyd from Big Brother) and she was feeding her baby in the bathroom while her older son was having bath time, and she said she hated to do it because its gross but she was trying to keep them both on the schedules.

I'm glad Izzy seemed to have a good party. Oh man I was just thinking about how it felt like forever for him to be born and all the thread drift going on while waiting for him to arrive.

• Upvote 5

Y'all can send me to the prayer closet, but honestly my style is halfway between jana and Jills IRL. Jinger is just not quite my taste/body type, and joys is too casual. Personally the long hair would even work for her hippy/preppy combo if she justice shaped it up a bit.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Only Michelle the little girls, Tyler, Anna & Kids, Jessa the boys and Jana, no Derrick, no JB, no Joy. Not much of a family party considering the size of the family. But it looks like a nice little party and it looks like Izzy had fun which is all that matters. 

Maybe Jana had a break for once. 

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The Forsyths posted about being in Tulsa today for Austin’s niece’s birthday. I think she shares a birthday with Israel. I’d guess they were probably traveling yesterday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

31 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Not much of a family party considering the size of the family.

Really? He had most of his cousins, aunts and uncles there. I'd say that's a pretty decent family party! I mean my dad has like 100 first cousins, I'm pretty sure they didn't all show up to family parties...

• Upvote 24

She'd look so awesome with shoulder length/long-bob styled hair. She has a long narrow face and her hair isn't the most flattering look for her. Though, if she's wearing jeans and gotten her nose pierced, I'd assume she'd be willing to cut her Gothard approved locks if that's what she wanted so I'll leave her alone. 

Agreed that those shoes are not what I'd put with that outfit at all, but hey! she's wearing something other than flip flops. The shoes themselves are fine, just too dark/formal for the more casual outfit. 

I'm happy Israel looks happy in his birthday photos. Who is the girl in the teal shirt?

• Upvote 9

It seems to me like they included everyone whose kids are old enough to enjoy the activity with Israel, which makes sense. (And also Jana.)

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

That is about as genuinely happy as I've ever seen Israel. 

I wonder what Michelle & JB think of Jill's outfit. I think Derick is going to have to answer to the Lord for Jill's hussy jeans*. :pearlclutch:

*FWIW, I thought she looked nice.  I wish I were that tall & could wear grown up clothes.

• Upvote 11

• Georgiana locked this topic