IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think he’s more upset at the situation rather than Jill herself, but she’s caught in the crossfire. There’s only one thing that can get Boob this bent out of shape: money.  I’m convinced he’s paying Derick to keep him from airing their dirty laundry.  If what we suspect is true about how TLC compensates the family,  it makes Boob and TLC look really bad. But every payment he makes to the Dillards just makes him that much more angry (and a ginormous hypocrite).

That theory does make a lot of sense. It would explain how they payed the house and law school, and also why Jim Bob seems to not want to see them.

I have to say that if thats the case as much as i dont like Derrick i cant blame him for this. Jim Bob is exploiting his childrens for reality tv and the least he could do is paying them (or opening bank accounts for when they are older for the minor ones). Everyone says that Jill was his favorite daughter, but he still did nothing when she was molested and married her to the first creep that showed any interest in her, i say he deserves a little bit of payback.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

When I saw the layout of the new house, I assumed the bedroom off the living room would be a playroom for the boys - but other FJers make me think yes, that'll be Derick's study for sure, because he's *so important*!

(Yeah, I know that he's doing a law degree, but I did my 2nd degree, and my partner did her MA and is doing her PhD without a specific room to work in....)

• Upvote 7

Although I do think Jim Bob is funding a lot of all of his kids lifestyles, I don’t think he is being blackmailed by Derick. First of all, to blackmail Jim Bob that he won’t reveal family secrets for money is an asshole move. Forget getting back at Jim Bob, he hurts his wife. Give me money or I will release all the family secrets that will hurt and embarrass my wife? How is that a good thing? Who would believe he would actually go through with such a threat and release details? Jill would be horrified and he would look like an asshole. She was so upset when the molestation news came out, wouldn’t revealing other family secrets devastate Jill? Further, that’s not being a good husband, it’s being ok with committing a felony.  What idiot who wants to go to law school thinks that’s a good idea? Why take the chance Jim Bob wouldn’t just go to the police? Also, what other secret could he release that would be worse than the molestation news? I highly doubt there is a real body buried somewhere. It’s not like he would want the money as packback for his wife. Hell, he didn’t seem to be thinking about Jill when she was obviously scared and miserable in a foreign country while he was enjoying himself. 

My guess is that Derick is just persona non grata because he is just annoying to be around. He likely thinks he is awesome and thinks everyone else should acknowledge it. If I couldn’t stand to be around him, it’s possible the Duggars may be over him as well. He just doesn’t seem to have a pleasant personality. My guess is that Jill does spend time with her family but Derick does not. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

The Duggars couldn’t help because they’re in Big Sandy for the Family Conference. The Smuggars are there as well:

Spoiler

EFCF1FB4-ED9E-4AFA-8F8F-029AAC909C52.thumb.png.6090694eb457abe6e07eaf5e8981e289.png

In other news, Sam continues to be adorable on Jill’s Stories. He was doing a cute little dance for snacks, which I was pleased to see she once again named as dancing rather than “jumping for joy” as Jana (I believe it was Jana) did when one of the younger boys was very small. It’s nice to see the kids getting to act like kids once in a while.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The Duggars couldn’t help because they’re in Big Sandy for the Family Conference. The Smuggars are there as well:

Reveal hidden contents

EFCF1FB4-ED9E-4AFA-8F8F-029AAC909C52.thumb.png.6090694eb457abe6e07eaf5e8981e289.png

In other news, Sam continues to be adorable on Jill’s Stories. He was doing a cute little dance for snacks, which I was pleased to see she once again named as dancing rather than “jumping for joy” as Jana (I believe it was Jana) did when one of the younger boys was very small. It’s nice to see the kids getting to act like kids once in a while.

The Dillards moved over a week ago.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

The Dillards moved over a week ago.

The blog post doesn’t say when they moved, only that they’ve been moving things over slowly and finally finished thanks to help from friends. To me, that indicates that they just finished getting stuff over to the new house very recently - meaning her family was either busy prepping for their trip, already driving down, or were already in Texas.

Did you see a specific date mentioned by them anywhere? It’s 100% possible I missed something like that. My brain hasn’t been it’s usual self lately.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

Did I miss the discussion on Isrool's latest car seat photo? Because Jill appears to be winning the gold medal in the shitty strap placement olympics.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Did I miss the discussion on Isrool's latest car seat photo? Because Jill appears to be winning the gold medal in the shitty strap placement olympics.

Is this what you’re talking about?

7EA3CFF8-1FCD-42B8-A826-C96D7A3D9603.thumb.png.8c6a65a63a540d094ca10a82212a5130.png

Disclaimer: The car is clearly not moving and I’d guess that they might have been waiting in the car for some reason - maybe the boys were both napping or they were waiting for the moving truck or something. Jill could have loosened the straps for him so he’d be more comfortable while they waited, but it’s just as possible that the straps were too loose and he slid them off on his own. It’s also possible that Izzy is just one of those kids who is really good at escaping his car seat. Regardless, the way he’s seated here is really unsafe if the car was moving and I’m hoping she just loosened them for him so he could be more comfortable.

ETA: I found a comparable photo from this January:

Spoiler

052C2B43-FD98-446A-B655-8356E05EBA30.thumb.png.e5859966f186649553f775e3315d5839.png

I’m guessing she just moved the straps so he could be more comfortable. There’s at least one photo from December showing Izzy asleep with the straps over his shoulders. I could obviously be extremely wrong about what’s going on in those photos, though I hope for Izzy's sake I’m not. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 6

I just figure at this point because the Dillards aren't on the show, there's no 'point' in the Duggars helping them with buying a house or moving. Or having babysitting adventures where one of the newly married couples watches the Dillard boys while Jill gets some errands done. 

I don't think Derick is powerful enough to blackmail JB, or even mean enough, at this point anyway, to do that to Jill. But he has been vocal aganist TLC, which could lead to some tense conversations at the dinner table. Both sides could be happy that he's going to be too busy for the next few years studying to attend many family gatherings.

Edited by bella8050
typos sighhh
  • Upvote 7

While I do think their are tensions between Jim Bob and Derick, I don't think their is feud between them. As much as I dislike Derick, he has made Jill see that she doesn't need to follow everything her parents taught her. Wearing pants and having piercings may not be a huge deal to most people but to Jill that is a huge step. Chances are her beliefs won't change that much though.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I don’t know... Something feels “off” because the Duggar brothers didn’t show up to help her move.

They helped Josh move and I remember reading that they helped the Wallers move as well. 

Michelle seemed fired up over the headships when explaining why some of the daughters don’t wear pants.

Derick has made things awkward for them and is a no-show at Duggar events. Headships probably have to obey The Godbobber to keep the peace. I think JB is still paying the Dillards out of the Duggar trust fund and the feud is over JB’s handling of Jill’s Counting On finances. When Derick tried to “spill tea” on JB a year ago, I bet he threatened Derick legally and Derick went on law school, in part, to intimidate/ piss off JB. Derick & JB are both jerks but Derick is impulsive and unruly.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Who is holding the pickle jar? Haven't seen the show for years, so I have no idea.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Who is holding the pickle jar? Haven't seen the show for years, so I have no idea.

Justin?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

While I do think their are tensions between Jim Bob and Derick, I don't think their is feud between them. As much as I dislike Derick, he has made Jill see that she doesn't need to follow everything her parents taught her. Wearing pants and having piercings may not be a huge deal to most people but to Jill that is a huge step. Chances are her beliefs won't change that much though.

Same. I think what most people are noticing is a combination of things:

1. The Duggars have 19 children, 9 of whom are currently married, and 7 of those kids have children of their own. That’s a lot of people to try and keep up with and, despite their constant refrains, there simply is not that much time for all of them to get equal attention all the time. 

2. The Dills appear to have done this last big move within the last few days, during which her family would have been prepping and leaving for the Conference in Big Sandy. We don’t know which of the married couples, other than the Smuggars, might be there with them. It’s possible some of the others are there as well or they weren’t able to help due to other obligations. The Seewald family, for example, very likely were attending Jessica’s bridal shower in Magnolia this weekend, which is almost five hours away from the Springdale area. Jessa is also heavily pregnant and might not have been able to help if she didn’t feel up for it. The Vuolos are probably in Texas or traveling for his job or prepping for their own move this year, so they likely weren’t available either. The others might have had a combination of work or personal obligations that interfered.

3. I wouldn’t be at all shocked if the Dills were possibly putting some boundaries in place. We know that Jill was seen in a photo reading a book on boundaries not too long ago (and I think a few posters here said it was a decent book too.) It isn’t outside the realm of possibility that they’ve decided a little bit of space is needed from the chaos that can be her family, especially now that they have two kids of their own and Derick is in Law School - it might be somehow beneficial for them to have a bit of distance from her family if he really wants to pursue a career in law.

4. I do think there could be a small amount of tension over Jill’s shifting views on physical appearance, mainly the pants and piercing. JimBob didn’t seem overly bothered by the pants from what was reported in that video, but that could have just been because he knew they were being filmed. Michelle was pretty bugged by it though, yet we’ve seen her photographed with Jill on the Dills’ blog on a regular basis and Jill has shared photos of her spending solo time with some of the little girls too. Michelle (and the kids still at home a lot) still appears to spend a good amount of time with Jill and the boys despite how she feels about those physical changes, which is nice to see since family has always seemed very important to Jill. It’d be super shitty if they shut her out completely and suddenly over something like that, especially after she got so much hate over that Megan Kelly interview.

5. Derick does seem to be pretty busy with classes, which likely explains most of his absences from the laidback get togethers. He did attend the J’Abbie wedding last fall though - that would have been the only event where I would have found it legitimately weird he didn’t attend. The Duggars don’t have typical work schedules like a lot of people do, so the timing of their events might not always match up well with Derick’s class and study schedules either. There are much fewer people on the Dillard side of the family, meaning planning around various schedules is probably much more successful. 

6. Finally, we still aren’t sure whether the Dills have more than one car right now. It’s possible they don’t though as a way to save money as Derick goes to school. If so, they may trade days where he takes the car to school and Jill might end up staying at home with the boys more often because of that. 

Disclaimer: A good portion of this is speculation based off of observations from their social media and blog. Not all of it has evidence to back it up though - some (like number 6) is just pure speculation. 

ETA: I also should have mentioned that fewer people on the Dillard side means that Derick’s mom and stepdad might have more availability to help out with the boys. The Dills might also enjoy the personal attention their kids get on that side of the family since they have to compete with so many other people on the Duggar side.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 22
  • Love 1

@VelociRapture I'm glad you brought in a comparison photo because those straps are FILTHY.

And I wouldn't put it past the Dillards to actually let their son be strapped in that way, but that's because I have a rock bottom opinion of them.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

@VelociRapture I'm glad you brought in a comparison photo because those straps are FILTHY.

And I wouldn't put it past the Dillards to actually let their son be strapped in that way, but that's because I have a rock bottom opinion of them.

I actually thought the straps were a camo print in the new photo  until I saw the comparison. Yikes. I know carseats are a pain to clean because putting them back together can be a real bitch but, ick. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

There’s definitely still a chance you’re right. The Duggars in general don’t have a good track record with car seat safety. I just think it’s more likely that they purposely loosened the straps so he’d be comfortable hanging in the car in this particular photo. 

• Upvote 4

1-Smugger, 2- JD, 3- Jill, 4- Jessa, 5- Jinger, 6-Joe, 7- Josiah, 8- Joy. Did I miss any married Duggar? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

1-Smugger, 2- JD, 3- Jill, 4- Jessa, 5- Jinger, 6-Joe, 7- Josiah, 8- Joy. Did I miss any married Duggar? 

I must have miscounted. See! There really are too many to keep up with properly! ?

• Haha 10

Maybe the Dillards wanted to save some money and only rent the truck for 2 hours, but knew the Duggars couldn't be nailed down to arrive at anything reasonably on-time. Probably easier to hire someone you know will be there when they say they will!

The Dills have definitely "leave and cleave"-ed more than some of the married couples. JD was always kind of doing more of his own thing, so I think he had less leaving to do than others. Jinger left pretty hard too, especially since she's the only one not close by. But Jill always seemed a less close with her similar age siblings even before marriage.

I have no idea how they're paying for stuff right now, but I do hope Jill is putting some boundaries in place. If Derrick just got off social media, they could start enjoying a nice, private life together!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I must have miscounted. See! There really are too many to keep up with properly! ?

I thought, wow, 9 of them are married. I remembered that Joy is #9 (why I remember that, who knows) and no one younger than Joy is  married. Heck I didn’t even Know that there was a Jason until recently. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Why bother have the lost boys come over to help move if they can't film it for the show (or Jana/Jessa decorating the house)?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Why bother have the lost boys come over to help move if they can't film it for the show (or Jana/Jessa decorating the house)?

Plus, as a person who has lived in and renovated older homes and who has also purchased a newly constructed home, I wouldn’t want any Duggar renovating or decorating any new house. Maybe be the yards, but not a new structure. I remember we went without pictures on the walls of the new home for a good long time, because I didn’t want to push nails into the virgin walls. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2019 at 6:21 PM, Lurky said:

When I saw the layout of the new house, I assumed the bedroom off the living room would be a playroom for the boys - but other FJers make me think yes, that'll be Derick's study for sure, because he's *so important*!

(Yeah, I know that he's doing a law degree, but I did my 2nd degree, and my partner did her MA and is doing her PhD without a specific room to work in....)

I worked on my masters in an RV with two kids and a husband and I survived with some of my sanity in tact. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• Georgiana locked this topic