IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Courtney Staddon just tweeted that she felt taken advantage of when she married at 16 to a 50 year old man. She said her mom shouldn’t have signed off on the marriage. 

And that’s why I would like every state to raise the age of marriage to 18 with no exceptions. States are raising the ages though. Slowly. 

In her case I don’t think it would’ve helped. Imo, her parents were just as exploitative (predatory?) of her as Doug was. I’m glad the divorce is finalized and I hope she gets good quality help. 

Edited by Giraffe
Questioning my words
  • Upvote 8

I had a good friend who married In her early 20s. To one of our high school teachers in his 40s. Who left the priesthood for her. 

Talk about a small and slightly uncomfortable wedding! By all accounts they are still happy two decades in with a couple of Kids but wow! Talk about power dynamics! 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 6

16 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

In her case I don’t think it would’ve helped. Imo, her parents were just as exploitative (predatory?) of her as Doug was. I’m glad the divorce is finalized and I hope she gets good quality help. 

I just wonder if Doug would have lost interest if he had to wait until she was 18. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Not gonna lie. I think it’s creepy when men in Hollywood age but keep marrying women in their twenties until they are very old. 

As I age, I tend to see guys in their early 20s as babies. They look so young! I can’t imagine wanting to marry someone that young. 

Hell I'm in my late twenties and I wouldn't date a guy in his early 20s.

They're behaving like half-teenagers at that age, some never grow out of that phase of course

(some women included but significantly less) ...

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

My great-aunt married a man 10 years older than her, but he died only 15 years later. She had a 13-year-old, 11-year-old, and 4-year-old twins. It was the 1950s, so I still wonder how she managed... she was one of ten, but they all had families of their own at that point.

I can't imagine dating (let alone marrying) someone not legally old enough to drink... and I don't even drink! ?

• Upvote 4

Latest post on their IG; they spent time with Daniel and his family. I read about him being re-married, and it appears, she has 2 kids from a previous marriage/relationship? Interesting. People are commenting that they thought they don't post publicly about their anti-IBLP siblings. Interesting. Very very interesting.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

A video singing happy birthday to Paul and this is Davia in the background. I really love that girl. 

7E5A2FA8-714F-4658-9858-F018FDA39C22.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 1

I think she’s spunky too, but that screenshot looked super creepy at first lol.  I think the coloring of her shirt/skirt and the way people are seemingly oblivious to her just made it look creepy haha. 

• I Agree 5

A lot of fundies are ignorant enough to be all like "We got Jesus, nothing will happen to us" so I could totally see them trying to get through with it. I hope authorities will cancel that dog and pony show since huge assemblies of people with tons of kids are the last thing anybody needs right now. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Can they legally hold this in Texas?  Doesn’t the state have a ban on conferences of this size?

Nope.  Just read an article abut Texas,  Governor is one of those "let the locals decide."  He who governs least, governs best Ayn Rand School of Coronovirus.

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

Hmmf . I had events in Dallas and Galveston I was looking forward to cancelled because of CDC recommendations. But Big Sandy folk rely  with their essentials oils and arrogance of course.

Jesus wept. 

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, gustava said:

Nope.  Just read an article abut Texas,  Governor is one of those "let the locals decide."  He who governs least, governs best Ayn Rand School of Coronovirus.

And Texas currently has one of the highest infection counts among the states. It’s obviously not working. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11

Happy 7th Birthday to Paul- I appreciate that they took the time to write out his interests and characteristics and he sounds.. like a CHILD!!! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And Texas currently has one of the highest infection counts among the states. It’s obviously not working. 

It's not working because there's a big problem with "small government" in situations like this.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-coronavirus-response-136061

"As governors in states including New York and California have imposed statewide measures such as closing schools and limiting commerce, Texas leaders have been reluctant to set restrictions conservative voters might consider draconian and business leaders oppose. They’ve also opposed steps to expand health insurance coverage."

"[T]he swift-spreading coronavirus public health crisis is catching Texas unprepared. The state, which didn’t expand Medicaid, has the highest uninsured rate in the country meaning millions of people don’t have doctors to call if they show symptoms. And Abbott has opposed local paid sick leave ordinances, which could encourage sick people to stay home and keep from spreading the virus, saying they hamper business growth."

Edited by scoutsadie
Quotes
  • Upvote 1
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

It's not working because there's a big problem with "small government" in situations like this.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-coronavirus-response-136061

"As governors in states including New York and California have imposed statewide measures such as closing schools and limiting commerce, Texas leaders have been reluctant to set restrictions conservative voters might consider draconian and business leaders oppose. They’ve also opposed steps to expand health insurance coverage."

"[T]he swift-spreading coronavirus public health crisis is catching Texas unprepared. The state, which didn’t expand Medicaid, has the highest uninsured rate in the country meaning millions of people don’t have doctors to call if they show symptoms. And Abbott has opposed local paid sick leave ordinances, which could encourage sick people to stay home and keep from spreading the virus, saying they hamper business growth."

Wow. All I can say is, “F* Texas!”  Eta: I’m on day 7 of lockdown with my 100 year old relative in order to avoid my loved one dying of the virus. People not taking this seriously pisses me off! 

Edited by Giraffe
I’m pissed and wanted to type more
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 10

7 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

Happy 7th Birthday to Paul- I appreciate that they took the time to write out his interests and characteristics and he sounds.. like a CHILD!!! 

and they forgot to mention God or Jesus (clutches pearls!)!!

Meanwhile the Texas Governor has now, finally issued lockdown orders: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/19/texas-governor-coronavirus-lockdown-orders-137691  but for now they are only through April 3. I expect many of these orders to be extended, however.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I just can't wrap my mind around not doing everything you can to protect pregnant women and children and especially elderly people and then say it's God's will. God gave you a brain and he expects you to use it!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

Do remember - many of us in Texas are liberal and don't pay a lick of attention to our ridiculous and often incompetent leaders (I'm looking at you, Abbott and Gohmert).  Lots of us have been taking it seriously and self-isolating from the get-go.

There are lots of us who do love and care about our fellow man.  ❤️ 

ETA: our teeny tiny local school district and town canceled classes and all upcoming events over a week ago (yes, I know still too late, but at least they did it).  The county library system is closed and doing curbside pickup only.  Restaurants and businesses in the nearest cities are closing.  No one waited for Abbott to tell them to do it.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 13

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone read David's list of things to do while in isolation? (AS A FAMILY, of course). 

He listed like 15? activities (I am too lazy to go back and look) and at least half of them are all about god. 

I get the feeling fundies aren't actually all that secure in their god/salvation given they think their every action must be centered around their god. Whether worshiping, praying, memorizing the bible, bring "glory" to their god, pray again, "fellowship" - every damn thing they do is to look good to their god and be worthy or something. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I get the feeling fundies aren't actually all that secure in their god/salvation given they think their every action must be centered around their god. Whether worshiping, praying, memorizing the bible, bring "glory" to their god, pray again, "fellowship" - every damn thing they do is to look good to their god and be worthy or something. 

I can't speak to their sense of security, but what I've gotten from their messaging is that they believe that either their god or their pastor requires them, salvation or no salvation, to devote every activity in their lives to worship. Kind of defeats the purpose of "once saved always saved," but what do I know?

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

After watching Priscilla's new video on their Instagram, I sincerely wonder how anyone can see things like that and NOT think that these people are in a cult.

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

14 hours ago, indianabones said:

After watching Priscilla's new video on their Instagram, I sincerely wonder how anyone can see things like that and NOT think that these people are in a cult.

This really reminds me of the video Katie Morton was in for Captain Bret's channel just after she'd had her first. Especially the way she's visibly trying so hard to remember what she should be saying.  

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic