IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

On 2/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Have any of the Duggars or Bates been to Africa??

They can stay home. Africa is full??

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

They updated the blog about Susanna’s wedding. I guess Rebekah’s husband has a private jet. That’s very nice for her. I can’t help but notice the age difference between Rebekah and Kevin and the fact that he seems to have money if he has a private jet. But hey, I don’t fault any beautiful young woman marrying a much older man with money. I like money too. I get it. I won’t ever remarry but if I did, he wouldn’t be poor. Having money makes life easier. I’m not naive. I know this. But I feel sorry for Esther living the shitty fundie missionary life with 11 kids and a piece of shit husband. Obviously the Keller’s choose much better mates when they don’t choose fundie mates. 

53B6DA9A-CD88-48A2-9DAE-0D6172204D34.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They updated the blog about Susanna’s wedding. I guess Rebekah’s husband has a private jet. That’s very nice for her. I can’t help but notice the age difference between Rebekah and Kevin and the fact that he seems to have money if he has a private jet. But hey, I don’t fault any beautiful young woman marrying a much older man with money. I like money too. I get it. I won’t ever remarry but if I did, he wouldn’t be poor. Having money makes life easier. I’m not naive. I know this. But I feel sorry for Esther living the shitty fundie missionary life with 11 kids and a piece of shit husband. Obviously the Keller’s choose much better mates when they don’t choose fundie mates. 

Kevin and Rebecca's story leaves me very curious. And I was just telling a friend that her BIL who's 50+ and a bachelor has very little(if any) chance to marry a younger(and fertile) woman which he wants. We'll probably never know what led to her split with Mr-Stand-Up-To-TLC and her story with Kevin(I can't help but notice that we found out of the split and her with Kevin very close together which leads me to believe that she left him for him) but the curiosity remains. Anna not talking about it is probably for the best, though. I'm surprised she even talks at all about her family anymore; I was thinking they want nothing to do with any publicity.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

And I was just telling a friend that her BIL who's 50+ and a bachelor has very little(if any) chance to marry a younger(and fertile) woman which he wants. We'll probably never know what led to her split with Mr-Stand-Up-To-TLC and her story with Kevin(I can't help but notice that we found out of the split and her with Kevin very close together

No, not really at all close together.  Rebekah and Joshua McDonald filed for divorce in April, 2015, right in the middle of Josh Duggar's Ashley Madison caper.  The divorce went through in August, 2015.  A lot of people didn't even notice that they had divorced at the time.  Rebekah has primary custody of the two girls.  Josh McD has visitation on one evening a week and alternate weekends, per their divorce agreement.

The first public appearance of Kevin wasn't until Thanksgiving 2018, when the Pecans mentioned that they were "at Rebekah and Kevin's house."   I don't think we've ever found out when the Hunts got married (odd that), but presumably it was after November, 2018, because Pris and Davy didn't identify Kevin as Rebekah's husband in that post.  It caused much speculation at the time because Kevin looked very much older than Rebekah.  No idea how long they have been together,

I googled them a while ago.  IIRC, Kevin Hunt is very well-off.  He is the president and owner of some valve manufacturing company and they own a $3 million house in Houston.  He's also 69 to her 36, a significant age gap.  I remember thinking that he had adult children from a previous marriage but can't confirm that.

Anyway, I hope he's nice and not connected to IBLP in any way, shape, or form other than the Pecan being his BIL.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 1

On 2/24/2020 at 11:15 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet John Shrader is SO JEALOUS of Rebekah and Kevin having that plane, ha ha ha.

Check out Davia with her cute little double-thumbs up. That kid is my spirit animal! Free Davia!

Edited by scoutsadie
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Rebekah married into a ton of money. There is not a lot of public information on her husband, Kevin Hunt, but it appears he owns ValvTechnologies, an engineering/manufacturing firm based in Houston. I wonder how she met him. Kevin looks about as old as Mr. Keller. I saw a picture of them next to each other and they looked like peers.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Rebekah married into a ton of money. There is not a lot of public information on her husband, Kevin Hunt, but it appears he owns ValvTechnologies, an engineering/manufacturing firm based in Houston. I wonder how she met him. Kevin looks about as old as Mr. Keller. I saw a picture of them next to each other and they looked like peers.

He's 10 years older than Pa Keller.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 10

12 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

That is a bit awkward...

Yep.  Once people are consenting adults (and she's in her late 30s - not barely legal) I try not to judge.  But...if my daughter was seeing someone with that kind of age gap I would not be happy, and we'd have a long hard talk about power dynamics in relationships.

I'm sure it can work for some people, age is just a number, etc...but the risk of it being really unbalanced is enough to make me nervous if it were someone I loved.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep.  Once people are consenting adults (and she's in her late 30s - not barely legal) I try not to judge.  But...if my daughter was seeing someone with that kind of age gap I would not be happy, and we'd have a long hard talk about power dynamics in relationships.

I'm sure it can work for some people, age is just a number, etc...but the risk of it being really unbalanced is enough to make me nervous if it were someone I loved.

Personally I would worry more about my vivacious and energetic young daughter dating a man who will likely decline in health in the next ten years and is she mentally prepared to deal with that. He has the money for in home help so she won’t have to care for him. However it would likely be hard to watch your spouse decline like that when you are so young yourself. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Personally I would worry more about my vivacious and energetic young daughter dating a man who will likely decline in health in the next ten years and is she mentally prepared to deal with that. He has the money for in home help so she won’t hsve to care for him. However it would likely be hard to watch your spouse decline like that when you are so young yourself. 

I think we all come at things from our own experience.  I loved both my parents, but they had a very harmful relationship and their large age difference was no accident.  He wanted someone pretty, compliant, and submissive and he got her...but his teenage bridge grew into a woman who figured out she had agency and things all went to shit.  

You make a really good point though, about the practical things people need to look at.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

There can be very happy and successful May - December marriages.  I don't stand in judgement.

One of my uncles was in his late 60s when he married a 25 year-old.  Everyone, including his three children, who were older than the new wife, was askance.  She wasn't in it for his money though.  She looked after him devotedly when he had a series of disabling strokes during his late 70s and early 80s and was quite distraught when he finally died after 22 years of an apparently happy marriage.  My cousins became very fond and appreciative of her.

And a bit of trivia:  Fred Astaire was 45 years older than his last wife.  And, given the graceful and dignified way Fred Astaire aged. I might have been seriously tempted to marry him myself with a 55 year age difference!  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think we all come at things from our own experience.  I loved both my parents, but they had a very harmful relationship and their large age difference was no accident.  He wanted someone pretty, compliant, and submissive and he got her...but his teenage bridge grew into a woman who figured out she had agency and things all went to shit.  

You make a really good point though, about the practical things people need to look at.

My husband is 9 years older (not even close to the large age gap between Rebekah and Kevin) yet I occasionally think about how he will likely decline and die before me since he’s older. It’s probably hard to be a young widow. I imagine even if Kevin lives well into old age, she will still be a fairly young widow. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

. It’s probably hard to be a young widow. I imagine even if Kevin lives well into old age, she will still be a fairly young widow. 

It is hard to be a widow. It is hard to be a young widow.  It is hard to be a young widow with kids to support - and if you are all fundie and stuff and have no skill set and God isn't raining down manna and mortgage payments and power bill money from Heaven (and despite what Lori A thinks, he simply doesn't!) it is has to be additionally hard.   Insurance would help a lot with the practical things.  Hopefully they all get/have enough.   It doesn't help the grief, but grief is also not helped by being kicked out of your house and getting a second job either.   I've seen 70 year old widows and divorcees  bawling behind the cash registers trying to learn how to do a min wage job because they have been SAHM/W all their lives and suddenly have nothing and that is the only job they can get.  Just hope they are all taken care of when something happens.  

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

It is hard to be a widow. It is hard to be a young widow.  It is hard to be a young widow with kids to support - and if you are all fundie and stuff and have no skill set and God isn't raining down manna and mortgage payments and power bill money from Heaven (and despite what Lori A thinks, he simply doesn't!) it is has to be additionally hard.   Insurance would help a lot with the practical things.  Hopefully they all get/have enough.   It doesn't help the grief, but grief is also not helped by being kicked out of your house and getting a second job either.   I've seen 70 year old widows and divorcees  bawling behind the cash registers trying to learn how to do a min wage job because they have been SAHM/W all their lives and suddenly have nothing and that is the only job they can get.  Just hope they are all taken care of when something happens.  

In this instance Rebekah's kids are from her previous husband and she is no longer fundy.  She is one of the three Keller kids who left the fundy fold for a mainstream life.  

I totally see your point with others, though.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Tom Mills is a young widower with 9 kids and he’s a fucking disaster :(

Tbf both parents were disasters before he was widowed.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

About 30 years ago, the doctor's clinic I worked in hired someone new for the office who happened to be an ex classmate. She was two years ahead of me and I think I had just turned 21. At our work Christmas party, she came with her husband who had to have been older than our parents! He seemed nice enough. A few years back, I found her on Facebook through a mutual friend. She is not longer with the elderly gentleman. I don't know if they divorced or if he passed away. 

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

There can be very happy and successful May - December marriages.  I don't stand in judgement.

One of my uncles was in his late 60s when he married a 25 year-old.  Everyone, including his three children, who were older than the new wife, was askance.  She wasn't in it for his money though.  She looked after him devotedly when he had a series of disabling strokes during his late 70s and early 80s and was quite distraught when he finally died after 22 years of an apparently happy marriage.  My cousins became very fond and appreciative of her.

And a bit of trivia:  Fred Astaire was 45 years older than his last wife.  And, given the graceful and dignified way Fred Astaire aged. I might have been seriously tempted to marry him myself with a 55 year age difference!  

Cary Grant was 47 years older than his last wife and he managed to maintain his debonair handsomeness until the end. And I always said Sean Connery aged very well last time I saw him. He is 35 years older than me. 

• Upvote 1

Not gonna lie. I think it’s creepy when men in Hollywood age but keep marrying women in their twenties until they are very old. 

As I age, I tend to see guys in their early 20s as babies. They look so young! I can’t imagine wanting to marry someone that young. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 14

5 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Tony Randall was a full 50 years older than his last wife.

And Jerry Lewis was 24 years older, Dick Van Dyke is 44 years older than his.  He's 94 and he's married to someone who was in high school the same time as me.  If they are happy more power to them.

And Tony and Jerry had kids very late in life - although I think Jerry's daughter with his last wife was adopted.  

Mick Jagger's youngest son is younger than his great-grandson.  

I know these things, but not my phone extension.  My brain doesn't know how to prioritize information.

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As I age, I tend to see guys in their early 20s as babies. They look so young! I can’t imagine wanting to marry someone that young. 

I'm with you - I see them as kids...the thought of being sexually attracted to someone so young is completely foreign to me.

• Upvote 13

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Mick Jagger's youngest son is younger than his great-grandson.  

My favorite Rolling Stones May-December story is that Bill Wyman’s son married his step-grandmother. His son Stephen Wyman from his first marriage married Patsy Smith, whose daughter Mandy had married Bill when she was 18 and he was 52. Neither marriage lasted.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4

Courtney Staddon just tweeted that she felt taken advantage of when she married at 16 to a 50 year old man. She said her mom shouldn’t have signed off on the marriage. 

And that’s why I would like every state to raise the age of marriage to 18 with no exceptions. States are raising the ages though. Slowly. 

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

59 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Tony Randall was a full 50 years older than his last wife.

Yes he was!  He even had 2 kids with her. His first wife wasn’t able to have kids. Both of his kids were a surprise. 

• Upvote 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic