IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

On 1/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, Palimpsest said:

Gothard's now trying to sue IBLP for accepting his resignation.  He didn't really mean to resign and he wants his cult back, please!  I don't think the IBLP BoD is in the slightest bit worried about Billy Goat succeeding, but the legal costs must be annoying.   

Isn't Gothard due to die soon?  He's fairly ancient.  But, ya know, some of these assholes/dictators/abusers/authoritarians seem to live forever. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, Howl said:

Isn't Gothard due to die soon?  He's fairly ancient.  But, ya know, some of these assholes/dictators/abusers/authoritarians seem to live forever. 

The good die young so he is living forever. 

I really doubt Gothard will get back any power and I suspect Pecan is hoping to one day be the next Gothard. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This Pecan baby’s face is perfection:

495902EF-5C04-4099-9E72-C4ABBEE75F96.jpeg

Why don’t these people ever wear sunglasses?    Or hats on their babies in the sun?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The good die young so he is living forever. 

I really doubt Gothard will get back any power and I suspect Pecan is hoping to one day be the next Gothard. 

He could. He’s had zero scandals over the years. And honestly, he seems so uptight that even if he was tempted to do something scandalous (for example with money or sex), he could probably talk himself out of it. David has seen enough scandal around Gothard, the Duggars, and even in Priscilla’s family to know that he can’t do anything even the least bit scandalous if he wants to become King of the fundies one day.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, Pecan does not seem to be trying to go hipster fundie. I could definitely see him trying and succeeding at taking over for Gothard, especially as he has the photogenic family Gothard didn't. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Yeah, Pecan does not seem to be trying to go hipster fundie. I could definitely see him trying and succeeding at taking over for Gothard, especially as he has the photogenic family Gothard didn't. 

Wasn't he Gothard's personal assistant?  What does he know?  Was he asked to testify?  Did he offer to testify?  How many of his family and friends are now/still working for the organization?

#familyfunforfamilieshavingfun

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Pecan must be pulling in good cash to afford to fly his family to Africa. Or maybe they have been saving up for a while. I really enjoyed the instagram pics of their visit. Have any of the Duggars or Bates been to Africa??

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Yeah, Pecan does not seem to be trying to go hipster fundie. 

Not one bit.  In fact, its as if he's straight out of 1955, frowning over that demon "rock and roll" noise he hears when tuning the Zenith radio in the living room.

The heir apparent for sure. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Pecan must be pulling in good cash to afford to fly his family to Africa. Or maybe they have been saving up for a while. I really enjoyed the instagram pics of their visit. Have any of the Duggars or Bates been to Africa??

My guess is that some of that money was grifted. I’m sure he called the vacation a mission.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Not one bit.  In fact, its as if he's straight out of 1955, frowning over that demon "rock and roll" noise he hears when tuning the Zenith radio in the living room.

Yeeeees!!!! You described it so well that I wish I could vote your comment more than once! 

54 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Have any of the Duggars or Bates been to Africa??

Duggars prefer CenterMurica.

Bates love Phillipines. And years ago Bates girls went to "ministry" to Romania. 

I wonder why they always choose deep Christian countries to visit. It's like they take advantage of already christian people, to convince them to join another brand. It's not "saving" anybody. Why not being brave and going to non Christian countries? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

He must mean a different house and not their current house. Their current house seems big enough for them to stay in for a little while. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I can snark on David Waller (a lot!) (for so many things!) but I do have to say, he seems to have a decent work ethic.

Not a good thing when his work is literally spreading hate.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Davia and Phillip look as thrilled as I'd look after spending 19.5 hours in an enclosed space with Pecan.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Wasn't he Gothard's personal assistant?  What does he know?  Was he asked to testify?  Did he offer to testify? 

#familyfunforfamilieshavingfun

Pecan was indeed Gothard's personal assistant for a couple of years.  There is no doubt he knows where skeletons are buried.  I expect he was interviewed for the crap internal investigation that forced Gothard's resignation.

But David knows which side of his bread is buttered, so he sided with the IBLP BoD (Stephen Paine, Gil Bates, and rubber stamp David York) against Gothard.  And obviously against the Plaintiffs.  The Plaintiffs sued the IBLP BoD and Gothard as separate entities.

How many of his family and friends are now/still working for the organization?

I think all the Waller siblings have worked for IBLP at one time or another.  It looks as though Rebecca was about to make her escape to nursing school when she died.  Of the remainder, Adam definitely still works for IBLP, but Pecan is the family star.

17 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm sure David is absolutely pining to be on the BoD, and he is probably being groomed for board president.  Tim Levendusky was appointed as board president after Gothard was ousted so perhaps when he retires ...

17 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Duggars prefer CenterMurica.

Bates love Phillipines. And years ago Bates girls went to "ministry" to Romania. 

I wonder why they always choose deep Christian countries to visit. It's like they take advantage of already christian people, to convince them to join another brand. It's not "saving" anybody. Why not being brave and going to non Christian countries? 

All well established existing IBLP outposts.  As are Australia, Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia, and Taiwan.  JD and Jana Duggar also did a 2 week misscation teaching "Character" in Singapore and Malaysia a few years ago.

Notice which continent is missing?   Gothard famously neglected reaching out to convert Africa.  He reputedly saw Africa as the source of all that ebil backbeat music that inevitably summons demons.  His racism blessed Africa.

I think Pecan and Pris went to Zambia primarily to check up on Esther.  The Keller sisters all seem quite close.  Shrader has denounced Gothard as a false prophet and not much IBLP or ATI stuff remains in his Historic Biblical Independent Baptist crap.  He's even more Fundie than most Fundies now.

ETA, Bill Gothard was 85 last November.  I bet the evil old goat will survive to 105 just to be mean.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Pecan said the got the money from a house they flipped.

image.png.38c85e034ebf586381bfe57f971d5a12.png

Does he feel the need to justify where the money came from? After reading what @Palimpsest wrote, I’m thinking he doesn’t want IBLP (or Gothard) followers to think he took from their coffers to visit the evil Shraders. Or does he just want to make sure no one thinks he’s grifting?

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Does he feel the need to justify where the money came from? After reading what @Palimpsest wrote, I’m thinking he doesn’t want IBLP (or Gothard) followers to think he took from their coffers to visit the evil Shraders. Or does he just want to make sure no one thinks he’s grifting?

Maybe he wants the world to know how blessed he and his family are.  I wouldn't be surprised if he put the word out and got donated airline miles to cover most of the cost.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

David posted a ton of pictures from their trip overseas. It’s a pretty interesting post. I was most interested in the plane and logistics of traveling that far with all the kids. The plane wasn’t completely full, so they were able to spread out a bit. I bet that helped so much. Not being able to move or spread out is my biggest peeve when it comes to air travel. I always feel like a sardine. Plus there is a picture of a little baby cot for sleeping babies on the plane. I’m sure that helped Destiny sleep. 

David actually didn’t say “ew” when talking about eating the bugs. Unlike Jill. He said his children were pretty adventurous when trying new things. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

Here's the link for the Pecans' lovely vacation photos and videos:  https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com/zambia-adventures/

So many people only dream of getting to travel to distant lands to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.

To have a vacation and play White Saviour.  Nothing like sharing the Gospel in a country that is already predominantly Christian, Just not the right kind of Christian.

And I note that we didn't actually see David eating a caterpillar.

Our family is overwhelmed by the blessings that God has poured out to enable us to take a trip to Africa to visit family and to see the way God is using them to share the Gospel.

Misguided family members who exemplify the Poisonwood Bible type of missionary.

In our own small way, we were able to contribute to the advancement of the Gospel by bringing them supplies, encouragement and joining them in their ministry for a few weeks.

False modesty there, Davy.  I bet the supplies were appreciated by our dedicated Shrader grifters.  "Joining them in their ministry" also seems to mean seeing all the sights and taking a side trip to Botswana.

Also, for those not familiar with the Shraders, in the video where David gets all over-competitive stirring the pot of boiling nshima and splashes himself,  Pris isn't being racist when she squeals, "Go, Nathan!  Go, White!"  The local guy to the right of the pot (with 5 times Davy's stamina) is called Whyte Choots. 

Bro. Whyte is the latest in a succession of John's "right hand guys."  AKA duped locals under thrall to Shrader.  Temporarily, we hope.  Shrader exploits them shamelessly, uses them as translators, sends them over hill and dale to visit otherparts of the country, discourages them from taking other jobs, and basically overworks them for little or no pay.  The last two incumbents of Whyte's position rebelled and ran away taking large portions of Shrader converts with them.  We hope Whyte eventually escapes too.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

I didn't watch all of the video clips but I watched the one where they were on the safari ride.  Whoever was taking the video - I assumed it was David at first but I think it might actually have been Nathan or David K - whispered "He's (the elephant is) coming after you!" to Davia at one point.  Jerk.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I have little time for these modern day fake missionaries, this isn't 2 or 3 hundred years ago when they actually took months to get to their destinations and lived in less enlightened times when it came to respecting people's beliefs, they are going to mainly Christian countries trying to 'save' people who don't follow your brand of Christianity and do no or very little humanitarian work while abroad. I had American Christian's hand me a tract in my work a few months ago along with a leaflet for their church they were trying to bring their brand of Christianity to Scotland, a country with various Christian denominations already, my home town is not that huge and it has Churches for about 4 or 5 different denominations. I spoke to them and was friendly enough to them until she handed me the tract and noticed that she was handing fliers out in the city centre on pride weekend. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The picture of the whole blond family in matching dashikis (over carefully pleated khakis) is one of the most unintentionally hilarious things I’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic