IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

That’s how I remembered it but couldn’t find pic.

Maybe people will stop using he fact that they have a “tennis court” to indicate financial comfort.  If I let my grass die, tramp the dirt down and spend a couple bucks on a new my backyard could be a tennis court, too.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:57 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know this doesn’t have to do with the Keller’s and their mobile home, but I watched this video John Oliver did on his show about mobile home parks recently and I was shocked on how big businesses are preying on mobile home owners that rent land in mobile home parks (the Keller’s don’t do this so it excludes them). So if anyone is interested:

I live in a mobile home park and my lot rent just went up $35, after going up last year (only here two years). Need I mention new management and no increase in services?

• Upvote 3

David just made a big blog post recapping the past few months. There are a lot of pictures with the extended family. They are now headed to Zambia to visit the Shraders. I feel so sorry for Esther that I’m glad she’s getting visitors. David Keller is the best looking Keller son. I wonder who he will marry. I hope it’s not Kaylee. I want Kaylee to marry a man that won’t be steam rolled by Jill and her BS. Anna and Pris threw Suze a bridal shower since she recently got married. I bet they are so glad their rebellious sister with a child out of wedlock finally got married. Now they can pretend like she’s been married the whole time. I’ve seen fundies and conservative Christians do this. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve seen fundies and conservative Christians do this. 

That's a very old school Catholic thing as well.  I was in my 20s when I found out a couple of my cousins were from my aunt's first marriage (not by uncle's biological kids.)  Even their siblings didn't know they were half siblings, the adults in the family went along with the charade even lying about which anniversary they were celebrating each year.  

I don't get it, but according to mom that's how it was done then.  

Sure, by families that are cool with having secrets.  I'm not.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's a very old school Catholic thing as well.  I was in my 20s when I found out a couple of my cousins were from my aunt's first marriage (not by uncle's biological kids.)  Even their siblings didn't know they were half siblings, the adults in the family went along with the charade even lying about which anniversary they were celebrating each year.  

I don't get it, but according to mom that's how it was done then.  

Sure, by families that are cool with having secrets.  I'm not.

They can do this with Suze because I don’t think Noelle’s father is in the picture. But they can’t do this with Daniel and Rebekah. Because their exes are in the picture.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I mean, at least David's not making Priscilla travel at 9 months pregnant this time?

I had guessed that the Schraders would travel to the States for Nathan Keller's wedding to Nurie, but maybe not if D&P are visiting now.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I mean, at least David's not making Priscilla travel at 9 months pregnant this time?

I had guessed that the Schraders would travel to the States for Nathan Keller's wedding to Nurie, but maybe not if D&P are visiting now.

The Shraders rarely visit the states. And when they do, I believe it’s often separate. Since they can’t leave most of the kids at home by themselves. So I never thought they would come to the US for the wedding. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

How can David and Priscilla afford to buy 6 international plane tickets, and four passports (assuming D and P's are current)? Maybe it is "only" 5 if Destiny is young enough to qualify as a baby that can sit in the parent's lap, but for such a long trip that seems like a miserable set up. If this has been a priority for David and Priscilla and they have been saving since Paul was born to fully fund this trip wonderful, but I doubt it. Maybe David and Priscilla were able to fundraise the money for their two tickets under the guise of going on a mission. Who would voluntarily donate that much money to send young children to go on vacation? Paul will be seven in March. There is no way anyone is thinking the children are missionaries, or effectively spreading the word of the Lord. Those kids are going to visit/play with their cousins which is absolutely fine, but who sponsored this family get together? 

According to Wikipedia the religious denominations in Zambia are 75.3% Protestantism, 20.2% Catholicism, 1.8% Atheist, 0.5% Islam, 2% other. Sounds to me like they have heard about Jesus. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zambia 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

13 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Sorry if I missed it, but do we know they’re taking the kids? 

I think so, they posted a pic on Instagram just before they boarded and the kids were with them. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, HA88 said:

How can David and Priscilla afford to buy 6 international plane tickets, and four passports (assuming D and P's are current)?

Maybe they don't pay for it, but their "ministry" does. Isn't David still working for the cult?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, HA88 said:

According to Wikipedia the religious denominations in Zambia are 75.3% Protestantism, 20.2% Catholicism, 1.8% Atheist, 0.5% Islam, 2% other. Sounds to me like they have heard about Jesus. 

95.5% Christian. Wow yeah, I think they have heard about Jesus but dontcha know they haven't heard about the right Jesus. :pb_rollseyes: (I need an emoji where the eyes roll out of the eyes and across the screen because this one just isn't strong enough :D)

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

David just posted on Instagram that they just spent 19.5 hours on a plane. I would seriously fall apart if I had to travel 19.5 hours with four young kids and pregnant. At least there are four adults on the trip in case a toddler meltdown occurs.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

David just posted on Instagram that they just spent 19.5 hours on a plane. I would seriously fall apart if I had to travel 19.5 hours with four young kids and pregnant. At least there are four adults on the trip in case a toddler meltdown occurs.

I felt the walls close in on me just reading that.  I love my sisters but there is no way I'd travel that far with small kids, much less pregnant, to see one.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Meh, I'm sure they've beaten their children into instant obedience and they were probably pretty quiet except for the two youngest. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, HA88 said:

How can David and Priscilla afford to buy 6 international plane tickets, and four passports (assuming D and P's are current)? Maybe it is "only" 5 if Destiny is young enough to qualify as a baby that can sit in the parent's lap, but for such a long trip that seems like a miserable set up. If this has been a priority for David and Priscilla and they have been saving since Paul was born to fully fund this trip wonderful, but I doubt it.

David still works for IBLP. AFAIK, IBLP continues to fight Gothard’s victims in court over their restitution. IBLP has also sold a fair amount of expensive property and relocated. I suspect Gil Bates and other board members are trying to distribute the remaining funds amongst loyal employees/followers before they have to pay out any money.

(See also: the Sackler family moving billions around The world as the opioid addiction rates become clearly the fault of Purdue Pharmacies. I’ll let you decide if the Sacklers or Gothard is worse.)

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

I’ll let you decide if the Sacklers or Gothard is worse.

Sacklers are definitely worse.  They've killed over 100,000 people and knowingly driven millions into addiction.  

I don't believe in forced hard labor but the Sacklers make me want to make an exception to that. They're basically on par with war criminals. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:07 PM, ifosterkittens said:

Maybe it is "only" 5 if Destiny is young enough to qualify as a baby that can sit in the parent's lap, but for such a long trip that seems like a miserable set up.

For international flights, usually kids have to be under 1. Domestic is under 2. 

A 4 hour flight was miserable with my toddler. I can’t imagine an international flight. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

For international flights, usually kids have to be under 1. Domestic is under 2. 

A 4 hour flight was miserable with my toddler. I can’t imagine an international flight. 

Internationally is also under 2. I know because I unfortunately flew a lot with my under 2s. But you can only have one lap child/adult.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Priscilla and Esther both look like their Mum. The others look like their Dad. Family DNA is weird sometimes. 

I wonder whom the first Nathan/Nurie off Spring will resemble? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Priscilla and Esther both look like their Mum.

I don't really know what Esther looked like,  but I do think Priscilla is beautiful.  I always thought she was lucky to get all recessive physical traits as I don't think she looks like either parent.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Esther's last few photos kindly posted here by the non-banned folk always show her with hair tightly pulled back- very sensible in the Zambian heat- but resembled her Mum in her wedding to John pics. Imo obvs! Sorry I can't seek out wedding pics and post here. Dinasaur!! 

• Upvote 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic