IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

37 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

The (un)Godly Mentor has forgotten), and extra stuff, whatever that may be, and she was willing to work for them, that's her concern.   It's none of Lori's f'ing business.  

Funny how Lori is against working women, but in two of her new videos she fan worships Kathie Lee and Lori Loughlin.  Um, actresses are working women, Lori, and both of them did so even while their children were growing up.  I guess if you are on TV you are exempt from the "rules"

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

From what I’ve gathered, Lori’s father heavily bankrolled Ken and Lori from the beginning, including giving them a very nice house they sold for a hefty price tag

I agree that her parents were very involved in their lives and generous, but the housing they were initially given was a trailer. 

38 minutes ago, fluffy said:

I agree that her parents were very involved in their lives and generous, but the housing they were initially given was a trailer. 

So in the internet classic "Growing Old Gracefully Without Face Lifts or Breast Implants," Lori tells the charming story about buying a home north of Los Angeles from her father for "not very much money at all" and "making" "$150,000 in a year" after they sold it to move to San Diego. Where I come from, $150,000 is a lot of help, especially in the early eighties. A lot.

17 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So in the internet classic "Growing Old Gracefully Without Face Lifts or Breast Implants," Lori tells the charming story about buying a home north of Los Angeles from her father for "not very much money at all" and "making" "$150,000 in a year" after they sold it to move to San Diego. Where I come from, $150,000 is a lot of help, especially in the early eighties. A lot.

A LOT. That's over $50,000 more than our first--and ONLY--home cost back in 1985. And it was nothing fancy, but still a nice, four bedroom, fairly new 2-story 'colonial' in a decent neighbourhood.  It's even less fancy now, 34 years later, because we've done almost no upgrading in all that time and have really LIVED in it, if you know what I mean. But man, if my in-laws had given us $150,000 for our first home back then, we'd be living in a whole lot nicer place, that's for sure!

Lori is a spoiled brat.

21 minutes ago, Loveday said:

A LOT. That's over $50,000 more than our first--and ONLY--home cost back in 1985. And it was nothing fancy, but still a nice, four bedroom, fairly new 2-story 'colonial' in a decent neighbourhood.  It's even less fancy now, 34 years later, because we've done almost no upgrading in all that time and have really LIVED in it, if you know what I mean. But man, if my in-laws had given us $150,000 for our first home back then, we'd be living in a whole lot nicer place, that's for sure!

Lori is a spoiled brat.

Outside of some sort of land-grab situation or the discovery of gold/oil, it's fairly unusual for a home to increase in value $150,000 in a year. I think Daddy Warbucks gave the Alexanders a very, very below value price for the home and then let them keep the considerable profit. 

ETA: She said this happened when her youngest was born, so I think Cassi is 32ish, or thereabouts? Anywhoo, in 1986 dollars, it was the equivalent of $328,476.73 in 2016. I also believe that giving your daughter an education up through grad school counts as considerable help, even in the 1970s. Neither of my parents, who are Lori and Ken's age thereabouts, had any help from their parents when it came to school.

25 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Outside of some sort of land-grab situation or the discovery of gold/oil, it's fairly unusual for a home to increase in value $150,000 in a year. I think Daddy Warbucks gave the Alexanders a very, very below value price for the home and then let them keep the considerable profit. 

Agree. Reminds me of a friend who opened her tanning place ( early 90's) with a loan from her father. This was spring and when Christmastime came her father gave her a ck that was the exact amount of the loan. It was something else to hear her brag how she did all this on her own. Come on now! The whole family had this attitude, it was unreal!  They were so proud of her. But, her dad bankrolled everything.  Including her car and she lived at home.  When she was bragging shortly after, I was like " well dad really just released you of your loan, which was very generous of him" she got all defensive saying " no, he gave me money to spend how I saw fit. I chose to use it on my business ".  Sure, Jan. He cut her a ck for the exact amount of said loan. So, basically,  she didn't cash it and was released from the " loan".  Bitch please!  At least be upfront!  "My dad bought me a business (or home), how sweet of him and how lucky am I? My dad is a good man and he helpedme tremendously"  It's not that hard to say the truth!

I don't mind people being upfront if they received help from their parents in purchasing or inheriting homes or establishing businesses. It used to bug me when the Duggars tried to make it seem as if Josh started that used car lot all on his own and was the sole owner.  The Duggar leghumpers ate it up. When It was revealed through public records and business listings that JB  was the owner, the leghumpers kept trying to protect precious Josh. It was hilarious how TLC filmed an episode where Josh had to talk to local government regarding the car lot and Jim Bob with him. The TLC editors tried to make it seem as if JB was going along to advise Josh. But, they forgot to edit out a shot of a sign that listed JB as the owner.

I don't mind that people have parents who help them out--good for them! But it's the "born on third base, but act like they just hit a triple" that bugs me. Some people have to get into debt to achieve their dreams, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

If she laid all her problems at the feet of Jesus, did she really pray over the women who are abused and need to call the authorities on their husbands? Or those whose husbands are disabled and NEED to work? Or for women who never married because godly enough men weren't interested in them?  Did she pray for the woman who was thinking of suicide, that became a hot topic here and on Spiritual Sounding Board? Has she ever even said, when she encourages a woman in her difficulty to "keep on seeking the Lord" that she's praying for her? It seems that her "research" is to become more of a wolf in sheep's clothing; just making that sheep's clothing look more "sheepish".

A reader once suggested that Lori should pray for the people she uses her blog to gossip about.  Her response was that she knows she should pray for them, but she usually forgets.  She NEVER forgets to blog about them, but praying is a lot of work, and Lori needs her rest.

"From what I gather; they would rather me written a post telling young women that those who have racked up debt, slept around, and had tattoos can be completely forgiven by Jesus Christ and washed clean.  "Where was the Gospel in that post?" they cried.

Yes.  Because time after time you prove (exactly like this) that you care for other things ahead of the Gospel, Lori.  The Bible calls this idolatry and false teaching.  If you want to know why you aren't welcome to teach in churches, just read that first sentence over and over again in front of a mirror and pay attention.  Whatever you are teaching, it is definitely not about the Life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.

I hate that “opening her womb” nonsense in her video. How intrusive to talk about your daughter’s personal business in a public video. I bet she did not ask for permission to discuss it either. 

Lori already has a bunch of grandkids. How many does she need? 

6 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Did Lori say Cassi or did you mean Alyssa? Alyssa is the one who struggled with infertility. And I agree with your thoughts about a god and control of fertility. 

My bad, I got them mixed up.

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't mind that people have parents who help them out--good for them! But it's the "born on third base, but act like they just hit a triple" that bugs me. Some people have to get into debt to achieve their dreams, unfortunately.

That's the thing. It's fine. No one cares. Good for them.  I get help from mine sometimes and I'm very grateful.  It's the lying about it and putting on show. Honestly is always the best policy. 

22 hours ago, Hane said:

When my dad was in his 80s, I noticed some strange-looking rough patches on his back so I took him to a dermatologist. Turns out that they were harmless, but the doctor caught a patch of basal cell carcinoma on his nose, which none of us had noticed, and he performed cautery to remove it. When I took Dad back for a follow-up, the waiting room was full of men over 70 with bandages on their noses from the same condition, most likely caused by a lifetime of yard work done without sunblock, which wasn’t yet invented when they were young men.

Dad’s patch of cancer wasn’t even detectable by us laypeople. If I were Lori, I’d be damn scared about the condition of my face and get medical help ASAP.

My dad's skin cancer was detected in the 1970's, before it was really a "thing" that was discussed much.  He was typical of his generation - they worked hard, frequently outdoor and nobody worried about the sun or exposure to it.  But he had a very progressive doctor and he listened.  And so we all wore sunscreen, sun hats and long sleeved shirts.  We still got a few sunburns, but no where near the amount that my friends did.  Dad's feeling at the time was that his skin cancers turned out to be a blessing in disguise because it saved us a lot of issues.  Lori could well have skin cancers, but she does need to see a dermatologist and not just put that crappy salve on it.

3 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I hate that “opening her womb” nonsense in her video. How intrusive to talk about your daughter’s personal business in a public video. I bet she did not ask for permission to discuss it either. 

Lori already has a bunch of grandkids. How many does she need? 

My inlaws have 3. And are still begging for more. It's not official tax season for us until my MIL reminds us we should have a kid so we can get the tax breaks. ?

From where did the concept or phrase “biblical womanhood” come? 

Also- if Lori is teaching women who want to fulfill these biblical gender roles, why does she need to write the posts that she does? Presumably, her audience would share her stance on sex, tattoos, and debt, right? 

But Lori doesn’t teach anything. She’s a bully behind a screen and rules her mean girls club, drawing in women who need validation and who subsequently bully and shame other women. They’ve made an idol out of gender roles and keepers at home, etc. Makes me wonder if these women are as confident and happy as they claim. I don’t know anyone who needs their required levels of validation. 

I can understand forgetting the birthdays of 19 kids... but one of four? Really, Lori?

Also, I’m strongly reminded of a certain someone who got a “small” loan of $1m from their father. Never mind that they’ve been declared bankrupt FOUR times...

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I can understand forgetting the birthdays of 19 kids... but one of four? Really, Lori?

Also, I’m strongly reminded of a certain someone who got a “small” loan of $1m from their father. Never mind that they’ve been declared bankrupt FOUR times...

Now I want to see footage of Michelle attempting to list off all 19 of the J-Kids' birthdays.

Comment by a man from yesterday's Rack Up Debt, Sleep Around, and Get Lots of Tattoos post:

Men love tattooed women who sleep around....for a pump and dump.

Lori 'liked' it. Of course.

Ken, is that really the sort of language you want a man to use on your wife's posts? REALLY?  And you really want your wife to even READ this stuff, much less 'like' it? 

Yes, Ken, I'm judging both you and Lori with righteous judgment. 

38 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Comment by a man from yesterday's Rack Up Debt, Sleep Around, and Get Lots of Tattoos post:

Lori 'liked' it. Of course.

Ken, is that really the sort of language you want a man to use on your wife's posts? REALLY?  And you really want your wife to even READ this stuff, much less 'like' it? 

Yes, Ken, I'm judging both you and Lori with righteous judgment. 

I wonder if Ken has just given up on try to monitor Lori's page. IIRC, in the past he wasn't too happy back when Lori was communicating with MRA fave Sunshine Mary and some of her fanboys. 

I still think there's a good chance that one of these awful men who comments on Lori's FB and blog will eventually cause problems if Lori is linked to them in the media. Then Ken will be pissed if Lori is outed for praising crap comments from men who are tied to racist, anti-Semitic groups, or awful MRA groups.   Lori is also too stupid to realize that some of the women who praise her are also racist and anti-Semitic.  I think some of her racist fans will ditch her if they find out that Lori had a Hispanic nanny/housekeeper and also Lori wasn't too happy a few years back when Trump was bashing immigrants during the campaign.

36 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Men love tattooed women who sleep around....for a pump and dump.

But go on, Lori.  By all means, tell us how your MRA fanboys are the only ones who respect women.  And while you're at it, please explain how war is peace, freedom is slavery, and we've always been at war with Eastasia.  

7 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I wonder if Ken has just given up on try to monitor Lori's page. IIRC, in the past he wasn't too happy back when Lori was communicating with MRA fave Sunshine Mary and some of her fanboys. 

I still think there's a good chance that one of these awful men who comments on Lori's FB and blog will eventually cause problems if Lori is linked to them in the media. Then Ken will be pissed if Lori is outed for praising crap comments from men who are tied to racist, anti-Semitic groups, or awful MRA groups.   Lori is also too stupid to realize that some of the women who praise her are also racist and anti-Semitic.  I think some of her racist fans will ditch her if they find out that Lori had a Hispanic nanny/housekeeper and also Lori wasn't too happy a few years back when Trump was bashing immigrants during the campaign.

I'm not entirely convinced Lori is ignorant of the racism and antisemitism of some of her fans. I suspect she doesn't care so long as they keep praising her. 

That of course doesn't mean they can't and won't ditch her for not being sufficiently racist.

I’m convinced that Lori has always been topping from the bottom to maintain her meal ticket, and that Ken is going along to get along, content to let her run her online life to keep her shut up and TF out of his way.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived