IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

Reruns are back at the LAC network (Lori Alexander Criticizing Network).  I counted 10 posts since Monday.  9 are negative.  The only positive one is about Alyssa's baby gender reveal.  90% tearing women down.  If Alyssa hadn't had something good, then it would have been 100% negative.  She calls herself the Godly Mentor.  I found this graphic about the characteristics of a mentor.  This is NOT her.  

Mentor.png

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I'm happy that you were still able to do what was best for you despite the guilt trip. A high school friend of my daughter's was put through the same thing and caved to family pressure. She was ready to move out after HS but her family made her feel guilty about "abandoning" the grandma that she lived with and cared for, so she stayed.

Thank you @SuperNova.  I was 23 and just out of college.  I just landed my first post college job and became engaged.   In spite of my parents educating me and requiring me to work, it came as a surprise to them that well, I would move out.  And get married.  My mother thought "it was too soon".   23, college educated, just put in 4 years of hard work earning that degree, and it was "too soon?"   I realized that the problem was not that I was leaving too soon, the problem was that they were not going to let go, and if I caved into that pressure, there was bound to be another reason when I tried to leave later.   So even though I was broke and not earning a lot from that first post college job (economy was in recession at the time) I stuck to my decision and endured the guilt trips. 

49 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

She's still living with grandma, working at a fast food joint, and no longer attending JC. We usually see her when Baby Nova comes to visit and it makes me sad to see how bitter she's become. 

My folks closed ranks after I left.  Both my sisters stuck around for some time.  10 years with middle sister who ended up living close by as per my parents' wishes, 14 years with the youngest sister who moved 1300 miles way.  Neither dated very much and pretty much married their first ever boyfriends.   Youngest sister was guilted terribly by both mom and other sister over "living so far away".   For years, youngest sister spent most of her vacations flying back to take care of the house, cooking and cleaning, something that she did in the years before she left.    She of all of us is the most bitter.  She very nearly lost her marriage over issues relating to the family control and now that both my parents have passed, she's unpacking all the resentment and bitterness now that she doesn't have to pretend anymore.  It's aimed at the middle sister, who gave her such grief over the years and at one point, pressured her to leave her husband when they were having some problems.  

Even now, I endure guilt trips from middle sister because she's decided to become my mother's proxy from beyond the grave, telling me how I "wasn't involved enough".   She plays this card whenever she is mad at me.   Yep, she's making a point of telling me the complaints that I knew my mother harbored but didn't voice them to me because she knew what the end result would be: no contact between us at all.   My mom wasn't happy but she realized that she better not push me. 

Sorry for rant, back to the regularly scheduled Lori program.  

9 hours ago, Frog99 said:

And then we have this gem: 

F26ED04C-31C1-4772-A803-9FEDADD25508.thumb.png.72f4d1666673c16a02135202631fa85c.png

C765F437-D369-4743-8C7E-C0E924F4CB96.thumb.png.8e027c701896810aec3573d68e479f41.png

I'm horrified, truly shocked, by Heidi's comment. She should be ashamed of herself for saying such a thing: "Watching (in passing) women's collegiate basketball reminds me a bit of watching dogs walking on their hind paws; it's surprising they can do it so well, but it's more of a curiosity than anything."

WHAT THE HELL??

Also, Tassia's lament is stupid: "Less and less families are 'cookie cutter'  because the ideal is not taught anymore." It encapsulates the whole fundie thing: it's not enough for Tassia that she's free to live as she pleases. She will only feel happy if the whole world validates her preferences by sharing them. She wants NATIONWIDE AGREEMENT, acted out through imitation, that what she's doing is the best. That is just ridiculous and childish. Grow up, Tassia.

And James Carey with his STEM PhD chiming in to share his two cents re the worthlessness of higher education: he won't be the one in the unemployment line or holding down multiple minimum-wage jobs just to make rent. How dare he, really. No, higher education is not the ideal for every kind of good job or every single person, but to denigrate it for all is just foolishness.

Thanks to @Frog99 for the screenshots!

That was the most insulting and derogatory thing I read on the internet today.

Getting a basketball in a hoop is so fucking hard. I struggled with it. I was ashamed of myself because I couldn't do it.

What an insult.

Yesterday there was a comment from a woman who called other women wearing leggings, "harlots" and "whores". So does that mean Lori's daughter falls into those categories?

I laughed at the basketball comment because I pictured that woman as a young girl who tried out for the team and wasn't good enough and she's carried that bitterness all these years. 

I wasn't a natural at basketball but I loved the sport. So the summer between my freshman and sophomore years in high school, I dedicated myself to training and practicing. A basketball was always in my hand and I'm pretty sure I drove my parents crazy bouncing that ball in the basement when it was too rainy to go outside and play. All my hard work paid off and I made the starting line on the varsity team that fall. For the next three years I played varsity and was voted to be on all-star teams. I went on to play two years in college. I learned a ton about working hard and the rewards of that work.

Basketball is a sport that requires immense coordination, a cardiovascular system that can handle bursts of speed over and over and over again, incredible strength and a sixth sense about your teammates. That woman wishes she could be so talented. 

@Hane I wanted to say thank you for the recommendation here of Vox. 

I was home from work sick on Tuesday, and borrowed it on eReader. Would love any other similar recommendations.

Damn those comments about women in sport are DISGUSTING. And coming from women too. They should be fucking ashamed of themselves. 

Modesty is subjective. The only thing it says about length is loins to thigh, so basically underwear. When modesty is talked about it has to do with attitude and how women carry themselves. Exodus 28:42 And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach:

9BD4AD80-52EB-4E51-8EB0-91BD556FCEBB.thumb.jpeg.2ef31e4e1bd77f236fabb07b355cb490.jpeg

Personally I don’t wear leggings as trousers as, to me, they’re like underwear and I don’t feel comfortable without a skirt or similar over the top. However I appreciate that these are just my feelings, if someone wants to wear leggings as trousers that’s fine by me. No judgment here. 

9 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Reruns are back at the LAC network (Lori Alexander Criticizing Network).  I counted 10 posts since Monday.  9 are negative.  The only positive one is about Alyssa's baby gender reveal.  90% tearing women down.  If Alyssa hadn't had something good, then it would have been 100% negative.  She calls herself the Godly Mentor.  I found this graphic about the characteristics of a mentor.  This is NOT her.  

I do not see how her posts are teaching women. Christian women are supposed to build another up, not tear each other down. I have to look at a lot of kitten pictures because it degrades my self-esteem. How she feels about women pastors, leggings, tattoos, and college are only convictions, not doctrine. 

I'll admit that there are a few things that I agree with. She's dangerous because she mixes her lies with the truth.

When I read her writings, I picture her wearing a tin foil hat.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/03/06/chart-the-percentage-women-and-men-each-profession/GBX22YsWl0XaeHghwXfE4H/story.html?fbclid=IwAR02mA6myp2XzbmFsJX98Dh9BDwXabvX4OPgWWcQNRv1Y2Ojrl4e-RKLUIg

The link Lori posted for men being builders of society or something, whatever her point is, doesn't show men as being better. Sure they do a majority of heavy lifting jobs but it also shows that women are powerhouses of information services and the foundation for education. All that mental calculation men (and more and more women) need for building and construction is most likely taught to them by a woman. What it shows is women laying a foundation for a civilized nation through spread of information, organization, education, and interpersonal skills. 

One commentor mentioned men taking a couple months off, and you know what? I think women would survive. They did during the war. If anything it might be safer in some ways. Substantially less interpersonal violence at the very least. Imagine women thriving for two months without men harassing them or assaulting them. Or women feeling comfortable learning those "manly" skills because no one is saying they can't. Women around the world feeding themselves and children first and not from the scraps their husband leaves them. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate men but I had to laugh at the guy's proposal. 

When I talk about Lori with my dad, he’s like “How did you find this person?” My dad was raised in a Pentecostal church and he has radical views (the good kind) regarding the Holy Spirit. He doesn’t care about the legalistic stuff.

11 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Basketball is a sport that requires immense coordination, a cardiovascular system that can handle bursts of speed over and over and over again, incredible strength and a sixth sense about your teammates. That woman wishes she could be so talented. 

Amen.  I had a college roommate who was on the women's basketball team.  She was 6' tall and she and her sister (6'2) were anchors of the team.  I loved going to games and cheering her on. ❤️

Hell. No. 

I completely get combining resources in marriage and caring for each other and that making life easier/better. But THIS. THIS. This need thing. This "we marry a man to meet our needs to survive, to give us a home and $$" mindset. I think it's horrible, HORRIBLE to raise your daughters to think that they need to get married in order to have those needs met and that their husband is solely responsible for caring for them. I have shed so many tears over realizing this about myself and my upbringing, even though I stubbornly did marry an egalitarian for love and shunned every Lori approved fundie man that was interested. 

IMG_9980.PNG

I guess Lori forgot to write,"Dear Emily," above this bit of today's post:

Parents are commanded to raise their children in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord. If you are putting your children in public schools, I pray you seriously reconsider since your children will walk in the counsel of the ungodly, stand in the way of sinners, and sit in the seat of the scornful. They will spend their childhood with those who are not even allowed to teach the Word of God.

She also writes:

As many of you know, I have suffered greatly throughout my adulthood and I have learned obedience because of my sufferings. 

I don’t mind the negative and cruel comments that are written about and to me on a regular basis

My children saw me suffer and they saw that my suffering never caused me to question my faith. This greatly impacted them for good.

Yes, Lori.  We ALL know about YOUR suffering.  You bring it up ALL.THE.TIME.

52 minutes ago, Koala said:

I don’t mind the negative and cruel comments that are written about and to me on a regular basis

Suuuuure Lori doesn't mind.  That's why she tells everyone who will listen, repeatedly, and at great length, how much she is hated, and how horrible her evil, feminist, god-hating detractors are, because she doesn't mind.  Martrybation at it's not-so-finest.  

Are Emily and Stephen sending their daughter to a public school or to a Chistian one? I know both of them are baaaaaad for Lori because it means Emily is an ungodly mother but a public one would be great haha.

I hope Stephen's decision makes it easier for his siblings to send their kids to school. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I guess Lori forgot to write,"Dear Emily," above this bit of today's post:

17 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Are Emily and Stephen sending their daughter to a public school or to a Chistian one? I know both of them are baaaaaad for Lori because it means Emily is an ungodly mother but a public one would be great haha.

I hope Stephen's decision makes it easier for his siblings to send their kids to school. 

I can't find where it was mentioned, but yes, Emily mentioned sending her daughter to a secular preschool and to local public schools in the future. 

Fuck you lori and your suffering. My dad had ms the painful kind. It felt like his nerve ending were stripped. He never lost faith. He went from being a provider and taking care of our family to not even being able to crawl at the end of his life. Did you get treatment for your pain? I don’t think so. If it had been that bad you should have done something. 

*i am not dismissing anyone’s pain from an illness just Loris. Not saying some of her pain wasn’t real but she lies a lot.

People say negative things about you because they are speaking the truth.  You are horrible mean person who does nothing but degrade others so that it builds up your overblown ego.  

42 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I can't find where it was mentioned, but yes, Emily mentioned sending her daughter to a secular preschool and to local public schools in the future. 

Yes, she said her little girl was signed up for a preschool, and it was a secular one. She also said she would probably send her to the local public school, since that was the best and most convenient option (she was open to private but there were none nearby).

I think the sequence of her posts is funny. First, she warns us not to send our daughters to college. Next day, she complains that women haven't invented anything. Gee, I wonder why? Should they be inventing semi-conductors using their Lori-Alexander approved homeschool education that ends in 12th grade?

34 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Next day, she complains that women haven't invented anything.

Knowing Lori, she was bragging that they never invented anything, just like they shouldn't!  She was proud and happy about it!  Who knows where their emotions would lead them in that inventing process and what about the babies!!!  

Trey is a disgusting pig and so is Lori for publishing this garbage. His comment is nothing more than a sick fantasy of subjugation, rape, and violence against women. All hypothetical of course but the message is clear, get in line ladies. 

This is from the comments section of yesterday's post. I'm putting it under a spoiler because it's gross.

Spoiler

If our civilization continues to crumble and (as many think might soon happen) a collapse occurs in “western” civilization… when there is no longer the rule of law and good men to enforce it… all of these “I am woman hear me roar”, “I don’t need no man” women are going to quickly face the reality of what they really are; the weaker sex. If they do not already have a man to protect them, they will have to quickly find one or they will become the property, sex slave and/or domestic servant of the first (non-Christian) man that comes along to subjugate them.

Since time began, when women fall, they (at least the younger ,more attractive ones) are always able to fall on their “backs” and for many, their self-preservation instinct will kick in and they will submit themselves to and willingly serve whatever man that can provide them with protection and/or provision.

Now I think that most men would prefer willing cooperation but most of the women who are too proud to willingly submit to one of the “better” men will be beaten into subjugation by the worse ones. Many (of the more attractive ones) who still refuse to cooperate will be caged/enslaved and used purely a sex objects until they are used up, then they will die. Others (the less attractive and more disagreeable ones) will just be killed outright or left to die a slow and painful death of dehydration, starvation and/or exposure to the elements.

In short, feminism will die a quick, merciless and horrifyingly painful death. One way or another, women will go back to being what they were created to be; “companions” and “helpers”, in submission to men.

On the "no female inverters" tirade, again: Today the google doodle celebrates Hedwig Kohn , a german physicist born in 1887.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived