IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

9 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

The New York kid is safe because she can't take the cold.  The other 3 are left holding the "bag."

I'd be getting on a plane to Verkhoyansk, Russia, in that case.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If I had to take in Lori Dearest....well, I would take my name out of contention and walk away. Ain't no way she'd be living in my house, especially if I had children. 

Me too.  I don't have children at home anymore, but no way would I take her.  I don't have the patience, or frankly the time, to deal with her holier-than-thou, hypocritical, stupid bullshit.  

25 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

More rambling...if Ken dies or is no longer able to care for himself independently, and Lori has to go live with someone, I think they're going to draw straws, short straw gets Dear Lori.

I wonder what will happen if the opposite happens. How long will it take Ken to remarry if Lori dies.  I say 8 months. 

C7C8E592-F43E-4220-BCD4-CDAC6411A896.thumb.png.3bf129f3f98eedf5daabf2234dc58384.png

amen. The Bible says none of that. Women have always had to work. Usually it was aside family in the family business. Unless wealthy with servants they didn’t sit at home. Biblical life was hard and you would never make it.

Spoiler

3BAC9645-E28E-4BFD-BE70-C044FE4EB6CA.thumb.png.b2edeba6042e1486b6c2c2a3697d7083.png

Lori PREFERS women stay home not the Bible. Lori I thought you were supposed to teach gods word not what you thought. So since you prefer women stay home women who don’t arent in sin to anyone except you. 

42 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

amen. The Bible says none of that. Women have always had to work. Usually it was aside family in the family business. Unless wealthy with servants they didn’t sit at home. Biblical life was hard and you would never make it.

It was not unknown for wealthy women to work either. Many ran the family estates while their husbands were busy politicking or off to war. Noble women also lived and worked at royal courts  as ladies in waiting helping the queen with her parallel court.

Children need full-time mothers who will invest their lives into them? Really?

Most children through the ages have NOT had that. And they certainly didn't in Biblical times. Does Lori not realize that children as young as 5 were sent out of the house to WORK, until relatively recent times? Recently enough that there are photos of child laborers. Does she not realize that the women "at home" during Biblical times weren't "investing their lives in their children"? They weren't. They were going to the market, hauling water from wells, cooking took a long time and lot of work (no refrigeration or electricity), they were hauling wood for fires, tending livestock, tending the crops, laundry took a couple days. If they were at home and sitting down (not a really common occurrence, during the day), they were spinning or weaving or sewing. The babies were handled differently in different cultures, but mostly they'd be tied on mom's back while she worked, handed to an older sister, or maybe left with grandma who was still spinning, weaving, sewing, cooking, etc. as long as she was able.  

I've met kids from villages that are still living without electricity and running water. They had never worn shoes, hadn't seen their parents in years (they'd left to find work), didn't know how old they were (around 9, we guess), and took care of themselves and the home during the day while their grandparents were out working the fields. 

There are numerous diaries and accounts available throughout history recording life at it was, and unless you were top-tier wealthy you were not under any circumstances sitting around the house reading to your idle children. The women were working, either in the home or outside of it. The children were working, either in the home or out of it. Everyone was working. And the top tier wealthy didn't "keep at home" with their children, either. The wealthiest kids had governesses and nannies, went to boarding schools, and often only saw their parents briefly each day when they were living in the same home

Lori is deluded. And probably brain damaged. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't so vile.

Dunno why this never occurred to me before, but here goes.  Would Lori say that Hannah made a mistake when she sent Samuel to the temple as a child?  Was Samuel harmed permanently and irreparably by being separated from his mother?  Should Hannah have revoked her promise to God when she begged him to give her a child?   

Wait a minute...I thought Lori said a few months ago that she'd quit coloring her hair and wanted to age gracefully.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Carol said:

Wait a minute...I thought Lori said a few months ago that she'd quit coloring her hair and wanted to age gracefully.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lori did say that, but then added (maybe in a different video/comment that Ken wanted her to continue coloring her hair for another 5 years. 

3 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I also forget words, and I attribute that to my meds and stress. 

I do, too. I lose words, I drop words and I garble words. I probably sound like a late-stage dementia patient irl, too, and it's led to me becoming a near-shut-in because I don't want people judging me harshly for it. Mine's med-induced (Topamax, if anyone cares), and I really can't help it. But, there it is. I don't know what's causing Lori's, but it sucks when it happens, especially if you're aware it's happening because it's humiliating. 

@polecat so sorry that you struggle with this.

I have wondered with regard to Lori if her struggles are due to/compounded by nutritional deficiency/her starving herself.  

@polecat,I am on Topamax as well (for the past 11 years). I had no idea that lost words were a thing with Topamax until my neurologist told me this morning. ❤️❤️to you !

As for Lori, I truly believe that her struggle to explain herself is a result of her brain tumor.

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If I had to take in Lori Dearest....well, I would take my name out of contention and walk away. Ain't no way she'd be living in my house, especially if I had children. 

Oh, I don't know...I might want to take her in and put her in a mother-in-law apartment, without heat, running water, TV, cell phone, washer/dryer, cosmetics, organic food.  You know, all those little extras that she tells her humpers to go without for Jesus.  

I'd give her a Catholic Bible, though.?

If children are truly a blessing from the lord and you care about them at all then you will do whatever it takes, including working outside of the home, to make sure they are fed, have shelter, clothes, and a good education. Living without water and electricity so you can stay home isn’t smart. Children won’t care if you work as long as they know you are doing it to take care of them. 72FAD80B-E6B0-4B0E-9D41-C5DD9E817029.thumb.jpeg.3c07ea3280b7750f4afcadfa8fd48d09.jpeg

mid staying at home more important than being able to keep your kids? If the answer is yes the you are lazy and not pro life.

Spoiler

BFBF1F66-9CDD-4898-BDBB-9BED0B037C4F.thumb.jpeg.ef401d57c406a56186c9234e653cd179.jpeg

Spoiler

96901213-3EB3-445C-8347-5CA5624BF425.thumb.jpeg.22cf27c427d05b3225b3be98c2301adf.jpeg

Lori why don’t you practice what you preach. It is easy to say you would go without to stay home when you don’t have to go without anything. If you are able to live comfortably off of one income and want to stay home great. If you can’t and have to work great. Your kids won’t hate you and they will be okay being cared for by dad or a sitter. I had lots of sitters growing up, most of them were kids from our church who were trying to save up money.

Lori I would also like to point out on your last post you had no biblical proof of women not being able to work outside of the home. Your opinion isn’t fact or biblical.

4 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori why don’t you practice what you preach. It is easy to say you would go without to stay home when you don’t have to go without anything. If you are able to live comfortably off of one income and want to stay home great. If you can’t and have to work great. Your kids won’t hate you and they will be okay being cared for by dad or a sitter. I had lots of sitters growing up, most of them were kids from our church who were trying to save up money.

Why doesn't Lori try going without her precious 'necessities' in order to help a young mother stay home?  If she thinks it's sooooo important it won't be much of a sacrifice to give up a few things, and help pay a bill or two, to help some poor children to have their mother at home.  

Oh, I forgot.  This is Lori we're talking about, who can't be bothered to help anyone except herself.  

I mean Lori could invite a struggling couple to come live with them and help them out.... Or offer to help pay bills etc. 

Ten kids in a double wide? My fam lived in one for a while. It had three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It would be far too small for 12 people to live in. The rooms were certainly not big enough to have that many beds for children. I can't help but think many of those kids will only grow to resent it. Especially as they grow older. And there's no way a mom can give that emotional support to 10 + kids. 

Lori has clearly crossed a line when even Severine, one of her most ardent fans, disagrees with her:

We need mothers at home and sacrifices may need to be made, but I don't think that means you have to go without basic utilities. This is dramatized and as someone else said it can get your children taken away from you. Nothing funny about that. 

There's nothing glamorous about poverty. I've known of extreme cases like this and often it's been the father's refusal to work. It undermines God's order and causes serious issues.

(And Severine, you just broke one of Lori's cardinal rules: never, ever speak ill of a man. ANY man. :naughty: Only Lori can do that. )

8 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I also forget words, and I attribute that to my meds and stress.  But I'm a really good problem solver, like rigging my kitchen drawer tracks when the bracket broke in the back and they were sagging.  E6000 glue and two craft wood blocks glued at a 90 degree angle from each other.  Made a nice little shelf for the bracket to sit on.  Worked like a charm.  My point -- if I can do it myself, it gets done.  

More rambling...if Ken dies or is no longer able to care for himself independently, and Lori has to go live with someone, I think they're going to draw straws, short straw gets Dear Lori.

With my TBI from the childhood concussion, words are the issue for me.  The main one, anyway.  I find ways around it and I generally tell people that I may get the words wrong or not know what word I want to use.  It's worse when I'm tired, stressed or sick.  But I'm used to it, I've dealt with it for a few decades now.  But Lori seems to be having issues that are new.  Or at least worsening.  I wonder about her brain tumor, could it be causing more issues?  She's poisonous to start with, but it could be making her worse.  It could well have an effect on her cognitive function, as well as affecting her awful ideas.  I have heard of instances where people suddenly started acting mean, hateful, etc., and then it was determined that they had a brain tumor. Which does not excuse her and her awful actions, but it could explain some of her latest issues.

22 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

She's telling women to sacrifice everything to be a "keeper at home" including running water, but then she recommends that they see a Naturopath, which I'm sure doesn't come cheap.  Rich bitch privilege in action.

My son sees a naturopath to help with his autism.  Average cost: $350 per visit, not covered by insurance.

I looked up the woman that Lori quoted today. I couldn't find where she and her husband and kids went without water or utilities. I did find an article she wrote where she stated they were moving to that trailer and it was their 10th move in 20 years. It was a property with a double wide AND a single wide, so maybe they set some of the older kids up in the single wide?

Both the writer and her husband are from Canada . He is actually extremely well educated and holds a PhD in nuclear physics from the University of Toronto. He does show up on a couple of quackwatch lists because of his beliefs that the earth is about 6,000 years old. 

What is interesting is that he has a patent pending on a Biblical vitamin that holds the key to anti-aging. It's no wonder Lori likes these people. 

https://www.biblicalchronologist.org/products/vitamin_MePA.php

9 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Both the writer and her husband are from Canada . He is actually extremely well educated and holds a PhD in nuclear physics from the University of Toronto.

There is no reason that the family of a man with a PhD in nuclear physics should be living without running water. Something is seriously, seriously amiss here.

I am dying. There's an Encyclopedia of American Loons. He's on there, as is Pope PP.

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2015/02/1289-gerald-aardsma.html

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

There is no reason that the family of a man with a PhD in nuclear physics should be living without running water. Something is seriously, seriously amiss here.

I had a couple of those inner red flags rise up when I was reading about them. When I read 10 moves in 20 years I initially thought military family, but that isn't the case. 

All of the comments about children being taken away from families living off of the grid are gone. I hope no one follows Lori’s advice and gets their kids taken away. If children really are a gift from god shouldn’t they be treated to things like water, and electricity?

She's pushing hard to go viral with the go without running water post.  Here's a message for you new fangirl Teresa -- Lori wouldn't let you darken the door of her house because you are beneath her.  While you're eating vienna sausages and crackers (which I like, btw) Lori is buying $14 a pound butter.  You think she understands your struggles -- not in a million years.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived