IGNORED

Lori Alexander: 64: Continuing the Sardines into the Next Generation

So there's this super annoying self proclaimed "Christian, crunchy mama, unschooler, anti vaxxer, soap maker, homesteader & trump supporter" lady who has joined my natural soapmaking group on Facebook. She's in my general area. 

Anyway, she joined my group and literally just started making soap about 6 weeks ago and already "has a soap business." She's very snotty to experienced people who have tried to give her advice about selling, cure times, perfecting and testing a recipe, etc. 

Today I was lurking on her "business page" and lo and behold I find out she is good friends with Ashley Plett, Lori's vile leghumper who came onto the TTW2.0 page last year and harassed, threatened & cyber stalked several people there  

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could she just have adult acne and is being dramatic? I mean I hope it's not cancer. 

Skin care is one area that I actually prefer more all natural ingredients and find them better for my skin. It's also the area I'll spend the most in for organic, natural products. Certain store brand face washes and such instantly dry my face out. Reoccurring sores though is serious business, not something you slap essential oils on. 

3 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Could she just have adult acne and is being dramatic? I mean I hope it's not cancer. 

Skin care is one area that I actually prefer more all natural ingredients and find them better for my skin. It's also the area I'll spend the most in for organic, natural products. Certain store brand face washes and such instantly dry my face out. Reoccurring sores though is serious business, not something you slap essential oils on. 

Especially not Oregano! It's a hot harsh oil that MUST be diluted.  

When my dad was in his 80s, I noticed some strange-looking rough patches on his back so I took him to a dermatologist. Turns out that they were harmless, but the doctor caught a patch of basal cell carcinoma on his nose, which none of us had noticed, and he performed cautery to remove it. When I took Dad back for a follow-up, the waiting room was full of men over 70 with bandages on their noses from the same condition, most likely caused by a lifetime of yard work done without sunblock, which wasn’t yet invented when they were young men.

Dad’s patch of cancer wasn’t even detectable by us laypeople. If I were Lori, I’d be damn scared about the condition of my face and get medical help ASAP.

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Could she just have adult acne and is being dramatic?

I doubt it, open sores would be cystic acne and there isn't much of that in the sixties. Sixty-three here, and I rarely get blemishes of any type. Not wishing cancer on her either, but she lives in southern California and refuses to use sunscreen.

All this talk of skin spots made me remember that my cousin died of melanoma that metastasized to his brain. Brain cancer can cause some crazy stuff, along with massive suffering without modern medicine.

Draw parallels if you wish....

Someone has been busy filming YouTube videos. One is about how she dealt with her daughter’s infertility. You know. Because it’s about her. 

I cant handle the way she talks- she doesn’t enunciate clearly abs she can’t get her thoughts out in any succinct way. 

I made it through about 10 seconds of her video.  She loves the word infertile and the phrase "open her womb." If I were Alyssa I wouldn't want all my issues advertised by anyone even my mother.

Very interesting that Lori admits Cassi and her husband told his parents about the pregnancy early (so they could pray for them) but didn’t tell Lori and Ken til after 8 weeks - even though they were actually with the Alexanders when they did the positive pregnancy test. They didn’t want the godly mentors prayers? 

I will NEVER understand how these people can reconcile fertility being in God’s hands, him choosing to give Cassi and her husband a baby when he is ready and enough prayers have been received and Cassi has rested in her faith, with god  constantly “opening the wombs” of countless women who don’t want or can’t care for another child, who abort, who struggle, whose lives are terribly effected by unwanted pregnancies.

Like really, Lori thinks God is holding back for 7 years for the perfect moment to open Cassi’s womb while purposefully ensuring Jenelle from Teen Mom gets pregnant every time she finds a new partner?

Oy vey.  Lori really looks and sounds like a hot mess in the infertlity video.  For the first two years of her daughter's marriage, Lori begged and pleaded with the Lord and cried over her daughter's infertility (or perhaps her daughter didn't want to have kids right away, but Lori couldn't accept that).  Heck, Lori even fasted.  But she also wrote nasty blog posts about infertility being the fault of the woman.  So, did her daughter sin or did LORI's ever so important prayers go unheeded?  

And agree, this is a huge boundary violation.  I hope that her daughter, Ken, anyone calls Lori out on this.  

The saddest thing about Lori is, if it weren't for all the posts that make me feel inadequate as a Christian, I think I would've found this very encouraging. I'm so glad she's not a "household name" in the circles where I live in Canada. And that her health wouldn't allow her to travel that far.(I think) Though she shouldn't have to worry as much about modesty in our winters unless she thinks that our extra leggings are too tight-looking, lol.

If she laid all her problems at the feet of Jesus, did she really pray over the women who are abused and need to call the authorities on their husbands? Or those whose husbands are disabled and NEED to work? Or for women who never married because godly enough men weren't interested in them?  Did she pray for the woman who was thinking of suicide, that became a hot topic here and on Spiritual Sounding Board? Has she ever even said, when she encourages a woman in her difficulty to "keep on seeking the Lord" that she's praying for her? It seems that her "research" is to become more of a wolf in sheep's clothing; just making that sheep's clothing look more "sheepish".

5 hours ago, lilith said:

Very interesting that Lori admits Cassi and her husband told his parents about the pregnancy early (so they could pray for them) but didn’t tell Lori and Ken til after 8 weeks - even though they were actually with the Alexanders when they did the positive pregnancy test. They didn’t want the godly mentors prayers? 

I will NEVER understand how these people can reconcile fertility being in God’s hands, him choosing to give Cassi and her husband a baby when he is ready and enough prayers have been received and Cassi has rested in her faith, with god  constantly “opening the wombs” of countless women who don’t want or can’t care for another child, who abort, who struggle, whose lives are terribly effected by unwanted pregnancies.

Like really, Lori thinks God is holding back for 7 years for the perfect moment to open Cassi’s womb while purposefully ensuring Jenelle from Teen Mom gets pregnant every time she finds a new partner?

This is an excellent point.  I can only assume she would say the women who have children and aren't prepared for it are carrying a necessary burden.  That's when babies are the consequence and not the blessing so to speak.  It's a screwy way to look at it all but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they said something of the like.  

Orrr they'd say those children were the product of the devil...and then that begs the question is:  is the devil just as powerful as God?  

Dear Lori, I think you need to stop attaching debt to your arguments. No one likes debt but it is nessesary. My parents hated debt but sometimes they had to go into debt to get things that were needed. Most guys don’t care if you have debt as long as you are paying it off. 

No tattoos come from the Old Testament laws not the new. It was because pagans were getting them. Some people get tattoos before they are saved. If that’s the case god forgives all “sins” when you get saved making you a new person. 

As for being a vergin, if you had sex before you were saved your sins are forgiven. Any man who loves you won’t care if you have had sex. Not all guys want a vergin anyways. 

This is the problem with Christianity. People care more about following rules that they pick then actually living like Jesus. 

*i have debt, tattoos, and I am not a vergin. I am also not a Christian. I don’t judge others for their choices. 

In one of Lori's more recent videos she says they used birth control before marriage then quickly changed it to "on the honeymoon." But it did make me wonder. 

The "infertility" video was the first of Lori's "YouTubes" I've listened to ( and could only listen to the first 3 or 4 minutes).

But, it seems to me like she comes across very different in video than on her blog.

On the video she comes across like a mousy, silly little woman.  On the blog, nasty, nasty, nasty.

I wouldn't want to befriend either version, but it's interesting to see the difference.

So many things wrong with her newest boundary-breaking video; but I'll mention this one. 

She stumbles over when Alyssa will turn 36. She says something like "She'll turn 36 in the spring...um...probably more like summer."

When is your daughter's birthday Lori??? 

And please, prepare a little before making your videos. I am embarrassed for you each time I attempt to watch one.  

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Dear Lori, I think you need to stop attaching debt to your arguments. No one likes debt but it is nessesary. My parents hated debt but sometimes they had to go into debt to get things that were needed. Most guys don’t care if you have debt as long as you are paying it off. 

No tattoos come from the Old Testament laws not the new. It was because pagans were getting them. Some people get tattoos before they are saved. If that’s the case god forgives all “sins” when you get saved making you a new person. 

As for being a vergin, if you had sex before you were saved your sins are forgiven. Any man who loves you won’t care if you have had sex. Not all guys want a vergin anyways. 

This is the problem with Christianity. People care more about following rules that they pick then actually living like Jesus. 

*i have debt, tattoos, and I am not a vergin. I am also not a Christian. I don’t judge others for their choices. 

I wish she would stop with that. I'm willing to bet that Lori and Ken have or at least had some kind of debt in the past whether it be housing related or business related for Ken. Many just can't escape debt. As long as someone is paying their mortgage, student loans, bills or whatever debt each month, then they shouldn't be constantly bashed. 

I sometimes wonder if Lori's daughter in-law Emily has or had law school debt and Steven pays if off and that pisses off Lori. I also think there is a good chance Lori's sons and her son-law Ryan all have education related debt. I thought it was sort of funny how Lori would bring up how her son-in-law was attending the cheapest dental school in the US. Now, I have the feeling that either Lori or Ken may have had concerns because Ryan left pharmacy school to pursue dental and he might still have pharmacy debt behind. When Ryan and Cassi moved to Texas so he could attend dental school, Cassi was working. Lori claimed that Cassi was only doing it so she could buy puzzles, hobby stuff, or extra stuff. I'm thinking she was working because they needed the rent and other bills paid. 

I kind of wish Lori would publicly called out for bashing women with education debt, but yet she's ok with her sons and son-in-law having education related debt. Lori's leghumpers never question her on that. 

7 hours ago, lilith said:

Did Lori say Cassi or did you mean Alyssa? Alyssa is the one who struggled with infertility. And I agree with your thoughts about a god and control of fertility. 

I heard this yesterday about Godly mentors and leaders.  Most of the fundy fame seekers that are discussed here on FJ came to mind:

What do they care about in their life?  What do they value?  Who's interest are they seeking?  How do they portray Christ?  Do they put everybody's interest above their own?  How is Christ being honored and the church advanced because of their relationships with others?  Older means older in the faith, not chronologically older.  

Lori absolutely takes credit was Alyssa's pregnancy.  On one of Alyssa's IG post last week where she asked people to guess the sex (prior to the gender reveal event), hundred of people were weighing in accordingly (boy, girl, girl, boy, etc)..including some of her relatives (SILs, aunts, etc).  Lori posted:  "This is the baby I prayed for  for 7.5 years" -- No guess, no joining in on the fun, no "either boy or girl is exciting" or anything. Nope....she had to make a post that sounded like if it wasn't for her (Lori), Alyssa still wouldn't be pregnant. 

Getting back to Lori's disdain for proven medicine (unless she needs cyberknife)...here's a reminder of things she is against (any have been proven to be effective in saving lives/early detection when treatment is more likely to be most successful):

• Sunscreen
  • Mammograms
  • Vaccines
  • Antibiotics 

I am not aware, but I wouldn't be surprised if she were anti -colonoscopy as well (Afterall, they have to check up "the wrong hole") or anti-gyn exam/pap test/etc. 

Wasn't Lori also against those women who were getting preventive mastectomies because they had a high chance of getting breast cancer? I sort of remember she said that the women should focus on eating healthier to prevent cancer. 

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori claimed that Cassi was only doing it so she could buy puzzles, hobby stuff, or extra stuff.

I'd like to ask Lori, so what if she did?  If Cassi wanted puzzles, hobby stuff (which can be used to turn a profit, in case The (un)Godly Mentor has forgotten), and extra stuff, whatever that may be, and she was willing to work for them, that's her concern.   It's none of Lori's f'ing business.  

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I wish she would stop with that. I'm willing to bet that Lori and Ken have or at least had some kind of debt in the past whether it be housing related or business related for Ken. Many just can't escape debt. As long as someone is paying their mortgage, student loans, bills or whatever debt each month, then they shouldn't be constantly bashed. 

I sometimes wonder if Lori's daughter in-law Emily has or had law school debt and Steven pays if off and that pisses off Lori. I also think there is a good chance Lori's sons and her son-law Ryan all have education related debt. I thought it was sort of funny how Lori would bring up how her son-in-law was attending the cheapest dental school in the US. Now, I have the feeling that either Lori or Ken may have had concerns because Ryan left pharmacy school to pursue dental and he might still have pharmacy debt behind. When Ryan and Cassi moved to Texas so he could attend dental school, Cassi was working. Lori claimed that Cassi was only doing it so she could buy puzzles, hobby stuff, or extra stuff. I'm thinking she was working because they needed the rent and other bills paid. 

I kind of wish Lori would publicly called out for bashing women with education debt, but yet she's ok with her sons and son-in-law having education related debt. Lori's leghumpers never question her on that. 

From what I’ve gathered, Lori’s father heavily bankrolled Ken and Lori from the beginning, including giving them a very nice house they sold for a hefty price tag so that they had a huge down payment on a house when they moved to San Diego. She truly has no conception that people sometimes have to go into debt. She’s an enormously spoiled princess, imho. 

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

From what I’ve gathered, Lori’s father heavily bankrolled Ken and Lori from the beginning, including giving them a very nice house they sold for a hefty price tag so that they had a huge down payment on a house when they moved to San Diego. She truly has no conception that people sometimes have to go into debt. She’s an enormously spoiled princess, imho. 

People who get help from their parents then judge others who are making it solely on their own are so damn annoying.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived