IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

13 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I wonder, if they have a girl, would they stake their claim on the name "Michelle" so no one else can have a grandchild with that name?

Also, I shudder to think what the Instagram picture set-ups would look like if that happened.

They already have a Michael but it didn't stop the Duggar's using Joseph and Josie. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If they have a Molly I will leave FJ and never, ever stumble upon a Duggar news article again.  That name is MUCH too good for those people.

I mean any daughter born to the Smuggars is getting a shit deal for sure, the least she could get is a good name out of it.  

13 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I wonder, if they have a girl, would they stake their claim on the name "Michelle" so no one else can have a grandchild with that name?

I'm sure there will be repeat names. Especially if they get up to triple digit grandkids.  But I have two pairs of first cousins that share the same name, and no one thinks it's weird. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think Miriam is a strong contester for a girl, and Malachi for a boy. I hope it's another boy: I like the one girl, two boys rhythm. Then there's Mara, Mary, Matthea or Milo, Matthias. I could see them going for Milo too. Or Miles. Plenty of good options for children 6-10. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/27/2019 at 8:00 AM, Melissa1977 said:

At least if they are working

Is he working? What does he do?

Not snarking, haven't hit duggarville in a while.

• Upvote 3

Mortimer for a boy and Mehitabel for a girl.  Riiiiiiiiight.

Edited by Granwych
Stupid autocorrect
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If they have a Molly I will leave FJ and never, ever stumble upon a Duggar news article again.  That name is MUCH too good for those people.

Molly is my favorite girls name. I never had a daughter so I named my dog Molly (thus my user name) I will be devastated if they choose that name! Please please Duggars do not ruin that name for me!!!

• I Agree 1
  • Love 4

I used to know a lovely Hispanic family. The parents were named José Miguel and Maria (names have been changed.) Their four children, born in five years were José Miguel, Maria, Miguel José and Mario.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4

6 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Molly is my favorite girls name. I never had a daughter so I named my dog Molly (thus my user name) I will be devastated if they choose that name! Please please Duggars do not ruin that name for me!!!

It is my favorite girl's name, too.  And I do have a daughter and I'm not saying it's her name but your username would apply to me as well :) 

I mentioned it to my daughter who may or may not share the name and she's forbidden it's use for any Duggar anywhere!

• Love 8

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I mentioned it to my daughter who may or may not share the name and she's forbidden it's use for any Duggar anywhere!

She's a smart girl!

• I Agree 4

19 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Then it would be 17 grandkids because Anna also had a miscarriage.

If they can ignore J’caleb, they can certainly overlook M’ miscarriage and Lauren’s miscarriage.

• I Agree 2

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

But would you still love the name of it was spelled Duggar style... e.g. Mallee?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

But would you still love the name of it was spelled Duggar style... e.g. Mallee?  

I know an exotic dancer who spells it Maulee (as in Maulee Devour), but clever wordplay isn't taught at SODRT.

I've sugested this one before, but Monsanto Duggar would be a fitting name choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My dog is named Molly. She's a good dog.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

Love the name  Molly, but our last name as an l and ends in y so lly  first name and  ly last name was a no go for me.

Think Molly Kelly.

• Upvote 5

I used to know a lovely Hispanic family. The parents were named José Miguel and Maria (names have been changed.) Their four children, born in five years were José Miguel, Maria, Miguel José and Mario.

My moms parents were named Gun and Gunnar. Their first daughter is Gunni.

Then the lost it a bit with Annika, Gertie, Monica and Per. But it was a really good theme potential there [emoji1787]
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

Molly is a beautiful name. I had it on my list but my cousin and his wife used it first. 

One of my top three baby names is Meredith, so I’m used to the Duggar’s ruining things. I kind of always forget about Meredith Duggar though, maybe because she was born during the height of the scandal and wasn’t given as much attention. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/26/2019 at 4:54 PM, Beermeet said:

EEWWWWWWWWWAAAAHHHHH!

gross. 

I read this in the voice of Alexis from Schitt's Creek. Was I supposed to? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

58 minutes ago, is.it.real said:

My moms parents were named Gun and Gunnar. Their first daughter is Gunni.

Then the lost it a bit with Annika, Gertie, Monica and Per. But it was a really good theme potential there emoji1787.png

Annika. Will always remind me of the senior exchange student in HS. I was a sophomore.  She was from a Scandinavian country I now forget. What I will never forget is her. She was a Nordic Goddess amongst us mere mortal high school girls. A woman. Beautiful beyond anything we've ever seen. She immediately fit in with the cool seniors, dated the hotest- most athletic -nicest guy and starred in "The taming of the shrew" within months.  Fuckin' Annika Green dude. I bow down in wonder to this very day at 45!

9 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

I read this in the voice of Alexis from Schitt's Creek. Was I supposed to? ?

I have no idea who that is or the show but, I have a feeling it's spot on! ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Annika. Will always remind me of the senior exchange student in HS. I was a sophomore.  She was from a Scandinavian country I now forget. What I will never forget is her. She was a Nordic Goddess amongst us mere mortal high school girls. A woman. Beautiful beyond anything we've ever seen. She immediately fit in with the cool seniors, dated the hotest- most athletic -nicest guy and starred in "The taming of the shrew" within months.  Fuckin' Annika Green dude. I bow down in wonder to this very day at 45!

I have nearly the same story about the female German exchange student at my high school. It was like Zuleika Dobson among all the despairing 17 year old boys when she went back home at the end of the year. 

Does Europe have some secret military program in which it only sends its best looking and most socially adept to American high schools to destroy all teen girl morale?

Edited by nausicaa
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I have nearly the same story about the female German exchange student at my high school. It was like Zuleika Dobson among all the despairing 17 year old boys when she went back home at the end of the year. 

Does Europe have some secret military program in which it only sends its best looking and most socially adept to American high schools to destroy all teen girl morale?

Hahahaha!  Really tho. We were all in awe. She didn't even have late 80's hair and suddenly our awesome big hair seemed juvenile. Her's was thick, blonde and natural. Her body was that of a sexy woman. It just wasn't fair!!!!  Wtf. Go away. HS was hard enough on the ego! ??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I wonder what would happen if one of the other expecting parents wanted to use an m-name... like, suppose Lauren had always wanted to call her first daughter Melissa or something like that... do you think Josh and Anna would make a stink about that being their letter?  

I suspect they avoid M and J names, and that "Joshua" won't be used again for many, many generations.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect they avoid M and J names, and that "Joshua" won't be used again for many, many generations.

I think the others probably avoid those letters too, maybe not the J names as much but I could imagine Josh or Anna could potentially get annoyed if one of them uses an M name that they hadn't thought of but they decide they like. 

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic