IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

16 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Oh and if you saw the trowback photo that Anna posted a couple of days ago you will see that she has teasing for other possibility pregnancy or at least as someone says on Tumblr "a couple or more is activly trying to help God" in the pregnancy department 

I know I’m a shitty person but that throw back pic disgusts me.

any other family it could be cute, but all I see is three young women pretending Anna isn’t posing with two of her husbands victims.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

any other family it could be cute, but all I see is three young women pretending Anna isn’t posing with two of her husbands victims.

Oh man I hadn't thought of it like that. now I can't stop thinking about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 6

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't think that makes you a shitty person I think it makes you a decent one, that's exactly what it is. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Does Anna sit refreshing Instagram all day? She posts comments on every other Duggar-related post, she's almost religious about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Does Anna sit refreshing Instagram all day? She posts comments on every other Duggar-related post, she's almost religious about it. 

well when you're only following 43 people commenting on all their post isn't a hard thing to do. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Some people do that. People are addicted to social media.

Or super supportive types who like to comment on everything their families post.

Also... There are people posting in here all day. In all threads. On all posts. Every day.

Not sure this is something I would Snark on.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

There are people posting in here all day. In all threads. On all posts. Every day.

Hopefully those people don't have five small children they're supposed to be looking after.

• Upvote 4

Just now, TheOneAndOnly said:

Hopefully those people don't have five small children they're supposed to be looking after.

Oh.. I don't know. I'm not stalking the timing of her comments. She could check and respond during play times or nap times or once a day.

I am really not positive on Anna at the moment but I also think people are obsessed with their phones and/or manage to do a fair amount of using them while momming, working full time jobs, etc.

I mean... She's not doing  a Braggie Abbie thing. Hell she's not even doing Jill or Jessa like stuff. She's just commenting on the family photos.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

I think people today in general have SERIOUS addictions to their phones. I had to remove all social media from my phone because it became an unhealthy fixture in my life. My family gatherings are horrible now too... everyone is always face down staring at their phones, but don't worry, most were able to take a few quick selfies to post what a #sweetgathering with their family they had. Anyone else relate?

*Edited to add- I'm not implying this relates just to Anna, but people in general.

Edited by Bazinga
More thought
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:44 AM, VelociRapture said:

I agree that I don’t want to see another Dill anytime soon, but I honestly don’t want any of these couples to have kids when they’re involved in various forms of Fundamentalism and intend to raise their kids with those beliefs. 

APPLAUSE

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I mean, if Anna just looked at IG when she went to the bathroom, she could easily complete all the comments she does. She probably texts people back right away too. Did we ever know if they had a tv? I know she's posted about the christian youtube for kids or whatever, but I can't remember if we saw a tv when they were in DC. But you know that household has locked down internet and media. Instagram and pinterest might be her only media.

If Joy is due Nov. 6, it does seem likely Forsyth is baby 15 and Smuggar6 is baby 16, no?

• Upvote 1

Yes it is. There no way someone else could be pregnant and due before Anna, without having said anything to the family yet. So now we just have to wait and see who will be next. On Tumblr there is an open bet now I think on Duggar data page on who will be next and so far it seems a toss up between Jinger and Abbie, many seems to think that Lauren will announce something in the summer around July. 

40 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Yes it is. There no way someone else could be pregnant and due before Anna, without having said anything to the family yet. So now we just have to wait and see who will be next. On Tumblr there is an open bet now I think on Duggar data page on who will be next and so far it seems a toss up between Jinger and Abbie, many seems to think that Lauren will announce something in the summer around July. 

I have no doubt Abbie will announce number 1 before JInger announces number 2. Lauren in a little bit of a mystery as I wonder if she'll have fertility problems. just because I remember someone mentioning that in their vows they said if god blesses us with Children. then she had a miscarriage. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here seemed relevant... Am I the only one getting Ashley Madison ads??? I get Children's Place ads usually (totally logical as I visit that site) and now the last week I've been getting Ashley Madison multiple times (which I only know about because of the scandal and have definitely never even googled let alone visited). The first time it showed up I was reading the baby Sussex thread and my 10 year old was beside me. It was unexpected to say the least ? Is there any way to block it without blocking all ads (since I know that revenue is important for the site)?

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JustEnough said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here seemed relevant... Am I the only one getting Ashley Madison ads??? I get Children's Place ads usually (totally logical as I visit that site) and now the last week I've been getting Ashley Madison multiple times (which I only know about because of the scandal and have definitely never even googled let alone visited). The first time it showed up I was reading the baby Sussex thread and my 10 year old was beside me. It was unexpected to say the least ? Is there any way to block it without blocking all ads (since I know that revenue is important for the site)?

no about half an hour ago I got on and accidentally clicked an ad at the side. it was fucking Ashley Madison and I was like oh hell god damn you Josh

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I think people today in general have SERIOUS addictions to their phones. I had to remove all social media from my phone because it became an unhealthy fixture in my life. My family gatherings are horrible now too... everyone is always face down staring at their phones, but don't worry, most were able to take a few quick selfies to post what a #sweetgathering with their family they had. Anyone else relate?

*Edited to add- I'm not implying this relates just to Anna, but people in general.

I did this too--erased Facebook and Instagram off of my phone. I still have the accounts and I'll check in on them on my PC maybe twice a day. So not fully free of them by any means, but my time spent with it was significantly reduced. It helped me anxiety so, so much. I didn't realize how compulsively I was checking on it until after it was gone. It was like I had a "background noise" running all the time and it was stressing me out. I don't even necessarily think it was the content, I just think it was that idea that I had to be on top of everyone's postings all the time that it was burning me out. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, JustEnough said:

Which browser are you using? I usually use chrome and if you click on the x on an ad you can mark it as an ad you don't want to see. That usually does a pretty good job of screening ads for me but it isn't foolproof (and you can get different ads from the same company, but it at least slows them down)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

14 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I did this too--erased Facebook and Instagram off of my phone. I still have the accounts and I'll check in on them on my PC maybe twice a day. So not fully free of them by any means, but my time spent with it was significantly reduced. It helped me anxiety so, so much. I didn't realize how compulsively I was checking on it until after it was gone. It was like I had a "background noise" running all the time and it was stressing me out. I don't even necessarily think it was the content, I just think it was that idea that I had to be on top of everyone's postings all the time that it was burning me out. 

My new phone allows me to set time limits on different app categories. I set a limit on social media to help cut back a bit. I still go on more than I probably should, but it’s working well for me at the moment. I’m going to lower the daily limit since I’m not really using the full amount on a regular basis.

• Upvote 2

I quit FB a few years ago and later reddit ...now if I could only get rid of the FJ monkey on my back..

• Haha 7
  • Love 9

I wonder if they ever go to the Zoo to see the creepy crawlers  . They even let you touch them some times. Little guy would love that 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I quit FB a few years ago and later reddit ...now if I could only get rid of the FJ monkey on my back..

Don’t! We’ll miss you! And we’re waaay better then FB and Reddit anyway. Do they ever have a ten pages long threaddrift about shoes? No they don’t!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

On 5/2/2019 at 3:10 PM, SillyDillys said:

okay she is bat shit crazy over pregnancies and babies. I used to think jill was bad but she is on a whole different level.  

I think everyone would benefit from therapy (like not just the Duggars, anyone) but my armchair analysis of Anna is that in her childhood family, half of her siblings have left the cult which puts the pressure on the ones left to toe the line. And Anna, Priscilla, Esther clearly are. They are the "good" ones. 

Then there's the fact that pregnancies and babies are proof of God's favor (once again, I guess it's just sucks-for-you Michaela). After everything with Josh and the public fallout, Anna's opening womb is a sign to her that her headship in the sky is still happy with her. 

So I get it. Girl needs some serious therapy. But I get it.

• Upvote 13

I wonder, well, I think, that social media is probably the only form of escapism for her. It isn't much, but it's something.

• Upvote 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic