IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

10 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Just a point but the only one whose forgiveness and trust he needs is Anna’s. He cheated on her, humiliated her, betrayed her. The kids were either not born or far too young for his actions to directly harm them. 

Speaking from experience here. Learning that your dad cheated and hurt your mother when you were too young to understand such things can cause resentment and ill feelings toward him. His actions did not have to directly hurt them for them to influence their opinion of him later on.

8 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Where was this taken from? This is the biggest, most steaming pile of bullshit I have read in a long time.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

That’s your experience. You can’t say it will be there’s and it’s not mine.  My dad plenty of bad things to my mom as well. But it’s between her and him and it’s her place to forgive or not.  I feel bad for both of them but don’t resent or feel angry at him. The past can’t be changed by being bitter and angry about things that happened before you were born. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Then it would be 17 grandkids because Anna also had a miscarriage.

Eh, after Jubilee Michelle said something about having “20 children, 19 here and 1 in heaven” with no reference to Caleb, so consistency is not their strong point.

I think we’d already know about it if it were twins, but for funsies I think Anna would try to reclaim some Duggar glory with Malachi & Mordecai for boys or Melissa & Melinda for girls.

Guessing M’kid names is so much more achievable than guessing any of the other grandkid names.

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

What is this fishing contraption they are shilling now? They apparently love fishing but are terrible at it so now they have this thing and are running a competition with the company.

Where did all of these paid partnerships suddenly come from? I feel like Jim Bob announced to all of the couples that the ones who grift the most sponsorships will get a car upgrade or a couples retreat.

IMG_1921.PNG

IMG_1922.PNG

I half expect to see Joshly on the tube saying "But wait there's more! For a limited time only we will send you two yes a TWO year subscription for Ashley Madison for only 19.99 (just pay a separate fee)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

Maybe its not a slip and Jessa could be having twins. From the very beginning I kept saying that Jessa's third pregnancy will the the first Duggar grand-twins. Hope it's two boys. Ben wanted 15 boys so they shall have 15 boys.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Could it be cousin Amy's baby the #15? I don't know if they will count her or not in the count

What do you all think?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Could it be cousin Amy's baby the #15? I don't know if they will count her or not in the count

What do you all think?

I don't think the Duggars would purposely count Amy's baby as a grandchild, especially since they tend to refer to her as "cousin Amy" on the show (or at least they did when I watched years ago). 

I think there are three possibilities. Someone is expecting twins, someone else is pregnant and due before Anna and hasn't announced yet or they miscounted the number of grandchildren. 

Edited by nvmbr02
typo
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

I personally don't like the letter M, but I have to admit that it gives quite a large selection of acceptable names.

If I had to do a letter theme for a Duggar-size quiver, I'd probably go with A. Lots of names I love.

Too bad JB and Michelle didn't force assign each child a letter for their future offspring, based on the child's birth order - i.e. Josh - A, Jana - B, JD - C, etc. Would make tracking the grandchildren much easier for us ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

For the sake of observers, snarkers, and gamblers everywhere, I hope there are lots of obvious naming themes among the 2nd gen Duggars. It makes the guessing easier and more fun.

Perhaps the reference to 16 grandkids is proof that SODRT math just doesn't cut it.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I don't think the Duggars would purposely count Amy's baby as a grandchild, especially since they tend to refer to her as "cousin Amy" on the show (or at least they did when I watched years ago). 

I think there are three possibilities. Someone is expecting twins, someone else is pregnant and due before Anna and hasn't announced yet or they miscounted the number of grandchildren. 

I dont think they miscalculated. They are probably awaiting the special day that grandchild nummer 20 will be announced (and so surpassing their 19 children) and then the super special 100th grandchild, which may never happen because they could end up with only 50-80 grandchildren in total and may not even live to see the last ones being born.

It's either twins for Jessa or Joy and/or Lauren are expecting again that's most probable.

• Upvote 2

I will be beyond devastated if its a boy named Magnus.

Please, please, please no. It's my favourite boy's name.

• Rufus Bless 3

Milhouse for a boy and Melania for a girl.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

So because I'm sick enough to stay home today I found the ranking for each M kid name for the year they were born, averaged them, and came up with Malachi for a boy and Molly for a girl. 

I used the most commonly-spelled version of the name that year, so Mackenzie (77) instead of Mackynzie (not in top 1000). So Mackenzie (77), Michael (6), Marcus (159), Meredith (590), Mason (7) come to an average of 168. 

Molly is 166 for 2017 (latest year data is available) and Malachi is 153. Miguel is closer at 176, but I think it's too Hispanic for them (and they already have a Michael). 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Does God care if men get fat?

Tsk, tsk tsk. Are you new here? Men have no self control. Women must control themselves and put up with whatever men decide.

18 hours ago, Babysitter said:

Do you all feel like Anna is happy with the whole M name theme?

She might be, but I'm kind of hoping that they switch to a new letter for the next five kids. (I feel dirty just saying that.)

• Upvote 10

I'd go with an "X" theme, all the way.

"And these are my children: Xavier, Xenia, Xander, Xavion, Xylia, Xerxes, Xuan, Xanthus, Ximena, Xenia, Xylophone, Xylitol, Xyster, Xenolith, XXXtentacion, Xylyl, Xyst, X-ray-Grace, and our newest arrival, Xerox! If you lost count, that's nineteen! And I gave birth to every one!"

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 41
  • Love 4

12 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s your experience. You can’t say it will be there’s and it’s not mine.  My dad plenty of bad things to my mom as well. But it’s between her and him and it’s her place to forgive or not.  I feel bad for both of them but don’t resent or feel angry at him. The past can’t be changed by being bitter and angry about things that happened before you were born. 

And that is YOUR experience. I never said my experience would be theirs. Abuse affects the entire family. Nobody is talking about changing the past. That's fine that you want to feel bad for your dad when your mom was the one who was abused. I'm saying that Josh's kids will likely have an experience more like yours because their whole fucked-up fundy mindset does not hold men accountable for their actions when it comes to sexual misconduct. Nobody can tell the future to know for sure how Anna's kids will react when they learn the truth about their dad, but since genuine emotions are not permitted in the cult unless they are smiley ones, I doubt they could recognize or express anger, disappointment, or anything. And they have a right to feel what they feel, whether their feelings are similar to yours, mine or something altogether different. Suppressing emotions in the name of not being "bitter" is not beneficial to emotional well-being. Fundies love chastising folks for being bitter.

This is my opinion which I am perfectly entitled to have, as are you. To each her own.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

I wonder what would happen if one of the other expecting parents wanted to use an m-name... like, suppose Lauren had always wanted to call her first daughter Melissa or something like that... do you think Josh and Anna would make a stink about that being their letter?  

• Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'd go with an "X" theme, all the way.

"And these are my children: Xavier, Xenia, Xander, Xavion, Xylia, Xerxes, Xuan, Xanthus, Ximena, Xenia, Xylophone, Xylitol, Xyster, Xenolith, XXXtentacion, Xylyl, Xyst, X-ray-Grace, and our newest arrival, Xerox! If you lost count, that's nineteen! And I gave birth to every one!"

I'd qualify as a Duggar if they did that! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

There was a Belgian family in the news here that have 8 or 9 kids and all names were made up from the same 4 letters (A,L,E,X).

Let me see if I can find the article.

Edit: this is the article in Dutch. The names are:

Alex, Axel, Xela, Lexa, Xael, Xeal, Exla, Leax and Xale.

https://www.ad.nl/buitenland/creatief-met-a-l-e-en-x-negen-kinderen-met-dezelfde-vier-letters~aabb06d3/

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 14
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, xenobia said:

I'd qualify as a Duggar if they did that! :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Better get out your finest ankle-length denim skirt, little Xylyl is ready for potty training!

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

So because I'm sick enough to stay home today I found the ranking for each M kid name for the year they were born, averaged them, and came up with Malachi for a boy and Molly for a girl. 

I used the most commonly-spelled version of the name that year, so Mackenzie (77) instead of Mackynzie (not in top 1000). So Mackenzie (77), Michael (6), Marcus (159), Meredith (590), Mason (7) come to an average of 168. 

Molly is 166 for 2017 (latest year data is available) and Malachi is 153. Miguel is closer at 176, but I think it's too Hispanic for them (and they already have a Michael). 

If they have a Molly I will leave FJ and never, ever stumble upon a Duggar news article again.  That name is MUCH too good for those people.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

In regards to their quote about number of grandchildren I think it's still possible they counted Lauren's miscarriage. Perhaps they're following the lead of the mothers and while Lauren is still counting her miscarriage perhaps Anna isn't or maybe Anna wasn't quite as sensitive about the number. Everyone handles their loss different and it'd make since to honor one and not the other if they're following the lead of the parents. Just like I know some women who count their miscarriages as their number of children and some who don't. It's fine either way but I can see grandparents just copying what the moms do. IDK, it made sense in my head before I typed it? lol

All the other options are certainly possible too. Out of all of them I find twins less likely. Mainly because I feel like any Duggar would be screaming that from the rooftops. Especially if they've already announced their pregnancy, why not announce twins? They could build so much more hype before the birth, including on the show as plot lines. Maybe even assure they get a good cover when they pop 'em out too. 

As for the name I'm going with Mayonnaise for either a boy or a girl just to be a troll.

• Upvote 9

I wonder, if they have a girl, would they stake their claim on the name "Michelle" so no one else can have a grandchild with that name?

Also, I shudder to think what the Instagram picture set-ups would look like if that happened.

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic