IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Speaking of vaccines I read recently some adults who got the non-live version of MMR between 1963-1967 need to be revaccinated.

That was probably me. Didn’t they used to give the MMR at age 5? All I know is every time I’ve had an MMR titer for work, I have been found to be non-immune. If you can get toxic from MMR vaccine, I’m doomed. I have probably had 7 of those vaccines over my lifetime.

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2019 at 6:22 AM, justmy2cents said:

Anna is teasing more announcements.

IMG_4201.PNG

I try to avoid Anna as much as possible because I get too frustrated with her - so I never seek out her Instagram posts. But has she ever been pregnant at the same time as her biological sisters? Does she do this type of thing with her own family, or just her in laws? If she only does it with her inlaws, it makes it even more gross imo. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

53 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That was probably me. Didn’t they used to give the MMR at age 5? All I know is every time I’ve had an MMR titer for work, I have been found to be non-immune. If you can get toxic from MMR vaccine, I’m doomed. I have probably had 7 of those vaccines over my lifetime.

It was a news source, I just don’t recall where. Something about between 63-67 some vaccines were live and some weren’t and those that got he non-live batch may have lost immunity and should have doctor run blood test.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I don't know what they used to do but i believe the current schedule is one shot between 12 and 15 months and a second one between 4 and  6  years. 

I know I was vaccinated as a child and then again in basic training. When I had my titers drawn when I was pregnant with my oldest it showed I was not immune to Rubella. I couldn't be vaccinated again while pregnant but was vaccinated shortly after my daughter was born. Again, while pregnant with my son bloodwork showed I was not immune to Rubella.  At that point I elected not to be vaccinated again, just because I didn't see anything changing. Thankfully I never contacted Rubella while pregnant and my kids don't seem to have the same issue that I had. 

13 minutes ago, adidas said:

I try to avoid Anna as much as possible because I get too frustrated with her - so I never seek out her Instagram posts. But has she ever been pregnant at the same time as her biological sisters? Does she do this type of thing with her own family, or just her in laws? If she only does it with her inlaws, it makes it even more gross imo. 

I don't follow closely but I think she has been pregnant at the same time as Priscilla before. I seem to remember a photo? I think some of the difference is she lives closer to her sisters in law vs. her sisters. 

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, adidas said:

her and Cil would have been pregnant at the same time with Marcus and Paul. Paul was born March 16th 2013 with Marcus born June 2nd 2013 she may have just been pregnant with Meredith when Cil had Davia 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

26 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

her and Cil would have been pregnant at the same time with Marcus and Paul. Paul was born March 16th 2013 with Marcus born June 2nd 2013 she may have just been pregnant with Meredith when Cil had Davia 

Except for Priscilla's first pregnancy (Anna's 3rd) they've been pregnant on alternating years with both having a consistent 2 year gap between kids.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, nvmbr02 said:

I don't know what they used to do but i believe the current schedule is one shot between 12 and 15 months and a second one between 4 and  6  years. 

I know I was vaccinated as a child and then again in basic training. When I had my titers drawn when I was pregnant with my oldest it showed I was not immune to Rubella. I couldn't be vaccinated again while pregnant but was vaccinated shortly after my daughter was born. Again, while pregnant with my son bloodwork showed I was not immune to Rubella.  At that point I elected not to be vaccinated again, just because I didn't see anything changing. Thankfully I never contacted Rubella while pregnant and my kids don't seem to have the same issue that I had. 

I don't follow closely but I think she has been pregnant at the same time as Priscilla before. I seem to remember a photo? I think some of the difference is she lives closer to her sisters in law vs. her sisters. 

Can I ask how old you are? This is my exact story. Unfortunately I had to keep getting revaccinated because my employer required such as a condition of employment. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Can I ask how old you are? This is my exact story. Unfortunately I had to keep getting revaccinated because my employer required such as a condition of employment. 

I'm 39, so younger than the group that has been advised to get another MMR vaccine. FWIW, my aunt has a similar history, she is 65.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Jill was not Joy's midwife so wasn't the one to miss the breech, unless we saw her checking Joy during labor which I don't remember happening.

Yes, she did: "Baby is good, Mom's vitals are good...", there are videos.

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Infants can be vaccinated with an early MMR dose between 6 and 11 months.

You can't give a 3-month old the MMR vaccine - that's when they took Izzy to SA

• Upvote 2

On 4/30/2019 at 5:22 PM, Eponine said:

This is an interesting question and I think there is a fair amount of confusion...there are a lot of Old Testament characters who aren't officially saints in the Catholic Church but are often revered or referred to as saints.

So, Sarah, for example, isn't in the most recent list of saints. But there are some Catholics who do sort of consider her a saint, and will pray to her for fertility issues. On the other hand, I think all, or practically all, of the prophets are saints. I don't think any Old Testament women are real saints in the Catholic Church (quelle surprise).

That said, you can pick basically any older name out of a hat and find a saint associated with it. But the traditions of naming children after saints in most of Europe stuck more to the better-known saints, so I'm not sure a Sarah would qualify there.

As a sidebar, various orthodox traditions do recognize most Old Testament characters as saints so you can find stuff about them being saints out there - it's just usually not in the Catholic Church.

Disclaimer: I'm not Catholic (or any religious affiliation) but history and names are interests of mine!

Well of course there are no "characters " in the old testament who are saints in the Catholic Church.  There was no Jesus with whom saints would be aligned.  Most saints in the early centuries of the church were canonized as saints because they were martyred for their Christian faith.   In more recent centuries,  saints tend to be those who are thought to have been called on by God in some special way,  or lived an exemplary Christ-like life (usually with a few miracles to their credit).  I have never really seen Sarah venerated in any way, why would she be, and Catholics don't pray to non-saints.  That's my experience anyway,  YMMV.  For the record, St. Anne, the mother of Mary, is the Church's patron saint of fertility.  

@meee  Of course you could name your child anything you want and baptize him/her.  There is no rule about baptizing a baby with a saint's name.  Traditionally,  Catholics take the name of saint at confirmation,  but even that is not a rule.  

Edited by WarriorJane
Typos

11 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

You can't give a 3-month old the MMR vaccine - that's when they took Izzy to SA

Your original post:

In it, you mention absolutely nothing about specific vaccinations, such as MMR. All you said was that he was “unvaccinated.” The wording of your post very strongly implies that you believe he didn’t have any vaccinations at all. Again, there is absolutely no proof of this as they have never publicly discussed their views on vaccinating their children. And, again, there is no evidence to either prove or disprove that they did not seek appropriate medical care for Izzy during their frequent trips home or from medical professionals in SCA. 

And yes, I’m aware of how old Izzy was when they first traveled to SCA. I specifically mentioned his age at the time they first arrived in SCA in one of my earlier responses to you. That still doesn’t prove he wasn’t vaccinated for other diseases though as, again, your original post strongly implied.

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 6
  • Love 2

Kind of off topic, but in honour of today I was wishing Josh and Anna had named Meredith, May. Then she would be May the Fourth... 

Speculation: Which Duggars have seen any of the Star Wars movies? 

Jim Bob and Michelle- movies out when they were tweens and teens

Jeremy, Ben, Derick - not fundie as kids

Austin, Abbie - maybe

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

Jill was there checking vitals but she wasn’t the main midwife. The main midwife was the one we saw on the episode where Joy goes to a midwife appointment. She is shown very briefly in the birth episode. 

• Upvote 10

17 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

When I had my titers drawn when I was pregnant with my oldest it showed I was not immune to Rubella. I couldn't be vaccinated again while pregnant but was vaccinated shortly after my daughter was born. Again, while pregnant with my son bloodwork showed I was not immune to Rubella. 

The exact same thing happened to me. Hopefully no one gets rubella around us :)

• Upvote 3

I would not take the lack of Jill being  shown in the TV episode as evidence that she was not highly involved in Joy’s prenatal and actual labor care. Remember the Dillards are no longer part of the cast per Dereck and TLC...for all that any of us know Jill was working in tandem with the MW shown. Based on the decisions made and eventual outcome, I would not be surprised at all if Jill was helping and advising Joy during the entire process.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

54 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I would not take the lack of Jill being  shown in the TV episode as evidence that she was not highly involved in Joy’s prenatal and actual labor care. Remember the Dillards are no longer part of the cast per Dereck and TLC...for all that any of us know Jill was working in tandem with the MW shown. Based on the decisions made and eventual outcome, I would not be surprised at all if Jill was helping and advising Joy during the entire process.

I was suprised they even showed Jill at all during that birth episode, and that they showed the text that Jill had sent Joy when joy told her she was pregnant. (Though I think that was all for the show. no way Joy told Jessa in person but not Jill. 

55 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

plus she was also at joy's birth - somewhat blurred but there

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On the topic of repeating vaccines after losing (or never getting) immunity, it is always worth repeating them if you can and if you have no medical reason not to because they can "click" even if they haven't in the past. 

I was born before the chicken pox vaccine became a thing and caught it the first time when I was a baby. I had a wicked case and we aren't sure if I didn't mount an immune response (unusual especially since my case wasn't mild) or if I did and then it waned, but either way I caught it again when I was in middle school. Then I caught it again during the first trimester of my pregnancy with LittleEnough #1 (super awful timing). When I was no longer pregnant I wasn't offered the vaccine because "of course" I'd be immune (*sigh* frustrating). When I got pregnant next I was told I was not immune and to get the vaccine after baby was born. I miscarried and was given the vaccine but still showed no immunity upon repeat bloodwork. We tried the vaccine again and then I got pregnant again and when I had my early pregnancy bloodwork done with that pregnancy I was immune, it just took way more tries than most people. 

Part of the reason we give boosters is that not all people respond the first (or even second) time. Most do, and boosters also can increase the time protected, but still for some it takes more than average. It's worth the jab to try to protect yourself and "the herd" if you have no contraindications.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

On 5/3/2019 at 9:39 PM, WarriorJane said:

Well of course there are no "characters " in the old testament who are saints in the Catholic Church.  There was no Jesus with whom saints would be aligned.  Most saints in the early centuries of the church were canonized as saints because they were martyred for their Christian faith.   In more recent centuries,  saints tend to be those who are thought to have been called on by God in some special way,  or lived an exemplary Christ-like life (usually with a few miracles to their credit).  I have never really seen Sarah venerated in any way, why would she be, and Catholics don't pray to non-saints.  That's my experience anyway,  YMMV.  For the record, St. Anne, the mother of Mary, is the Church's patron saint of fertility. 

There are many Old Testament figures who are saints - see the most recent Roman Martyrology, published in 2004.

• Upvote 2

On 5/3/2019 at 7:01 PM, adidas said:

Who are the 4 pregnant?

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:44 PM, JustEnough said:

On the topic of repeating vaccines after losing (or never getting) immunity, it is always worth repeating them if you can and if you have no medical reason not to because they can "click" even if they haven't in the past. 

I was born before the chicken pox vaccine became a thing and caught it the first time when I was a baby. I had a wicked case and we aren't sure if I didn't mount an immune response (unusual especially since my case wasn't mild) or if I did and then it waned, but either way I caught it again when I was in middle school. Then I caught it again during the first trimester of my pregnancy with LittleEnough #1 (super awful timing). When I was no longer pregnant I wasn't offered the vaccine because "of course" I'd be immune (*sigh* frustrating). When I got pregnant next I was told I was not immune and to get the vaccine after baby was born. I miscarried and was given the vaccine but still showed no immunity upon repeat bloodwork. We tried the vaccine again and then I got pregnant again and when I had my early pregnancy bloodwork done with that pregnancy I was immune, it just took way more tries than most people. 

Part of the reason we give boosters is that not all people respond the first (or even second) time. Most do, and boosters also can increase the time protected, but still for some it takes more than average. It's worth the jab to try to protect yourself and "the herd" if you have no contraindications.

I do think for a lot of people it's worth it to do bloodwork first if you're not sure about immunity. I had some done and it saved me from a few vaccinations which is great because I (like many) have mild reactions to most vaccines (pain, low fever, general lethargy for a few days). I figure that anything I can avoid being vaccinated for is great, if I can get immunity with less boosters (I will have the bloodwork done) then that adds full productive days to my life instead of the day after only having about 10 hours of low energy awake time.

• Upvote 2

@Buzzard joy has announce on May 1, at the moment we have Jessa (due in june) Kendra (Oct?) Joy (Nov) and Anna (nov) we only know that Anna is granddugaar #16 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

@Buzzard joy has announce on May 1, at the moment we have Jessa (due in june) Kendra (Oct?) Joy (Nov) and Anna (nov) we only know that Anna is granddugaar #16 

Thanks!  I've been out of the duggarverse for a bit and missed a lot! 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Thanks!  I've been out of the duggarverse for a bit and missed a lot! 

No problem, it really has been an intense month in duggarverse lately, apart from Jessa who announce on January, the others have all announce in I think a 3 weeks time frame around Easter, plus we also get cousin's Amy announce on easter day and Sierra's too! So now every time we see a suspect photos or some kind of activity we jump straight on the speculation bus ?

Oh and if you saw the trowback photo that Anna posted a couple of days ago you will see that she has teasing for other possibility pregnancy or at least as someone says on Tumblr "a couple or more is activly trying to help God" in the pregnancy department 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic