IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

That picture is particularly icky to me.  Jill & Anna appear to be pointing at each other as if they are saying "ooooh, girl, you did the nas---ty!!!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

Jill must be feeling real anxiety now that she is still not invited back into the Sisterhood of the Traveling Uterus yet.  Anna’s crowing can’t be helping. 

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

When could they have been pregnant at the same time?

Almost 2 years ago right before Sam's birth.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SillyDillys said:

okay she is bat shit crazy over pregnancies and babies. I used to think jill was bad but she is on a whole different level.  

I think some of that might have to do with how difficult Jill’s deliveries have been, as well as how difficult it must have been to have her very young first child so far from her support system during his first two or so years of life*. It might have given her more of an unanticipated realistic view of what she can actually handle. Anna, on the other hand, appears to give birth relatively easily and didn’t move away from their support system until she had a few kids already and had a decent grasp on being a parent. Anna also seems to have a natural personality well suited for young kids, so she may actually enjoy the chaos of several young kids running around. 

(Now watch me be 100% wrong with then announcing another little Dill on the way or something.)

*Give or take several months because they flew back so many damn times.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Pregnancy seems to be less about a couple growing their family and more like some kind of animal husbandry project for some of these people.

Anna seems to have Michelle’s mindset.

If Jill isn’t pregnant and wants to be this post is going to sting.

(I have no idea on either front - jist saying it would hurt if that’s the case)

And if Jill actually is pregnant right now and hasn’t announced yet then Anna just put everyone on the alert when it comes to the Dills. Which is also a bit of a crappy thing to do, but probably not as crappy as it would be if she isn’t pregnant and wants to be.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Almost 2 years ago right before Sam's birth.

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Sam was born July 8. Joy got married on May 26. She have told the family VERY early then. That's barely 6 weeks.

• Upvote 8

The Dillards have no active job and a father busy in law school (and tuition). They are not really at the best point in their lives to add another dependent. I know timing has never factored into any of these folk’s reproductive decisions, but NO, the Dillards don’t need another kid at this point. Same goes for the Smuggers. The rest of them have income from the show, at the very least.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Anna also seems to have a natural personality well suited for young kids, so she may actually enjoy the chaos of several young kids running around. 

This may well be true, my mom was like that.  She genuinely enjoyed the little kiddo nurturing stuff.

Anna had better hope none of her kids develop any critical thinking skills because if one does....I don't think she'll enjoy the part of parenting that comes with having to explain your life choices to the kids you harmed.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Same goes for the Smuggers.

Is his only job to stay married to Anna and have sex with her every couple of years?  If so I wonder what kind of salary comes with that kind of thing...but I doubt JB and Michelle's House of Manipulation has anyone posting on glassdoor.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure. Sam was born July 8. Joy got married on May 26. She have told the family VERY early then. That's barely 6 weeks.

I'm thought for awhile that they all knew during that aftershow program despite what was shown on the show.  They'd been married for about a month, they'd have found out right around then that she was expecting. I'm pretty sure at least a few knew by then. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/30/2019 at 5:22 PM, Eponine said:

This is an interesting question and I think there is a fair amount of confusion...there are a lot of Old Testament characters who aren't officially saints in the Catholic Church but are often revered or referred to as saints.

So, Sarah, for example, isn't in the most recent list of saints. But there are some Catholics who do sort of consider her a saint, and will pray to her for fertility issues. On the other hand, I think all, or practically all, of the prophets are saints. I don't think any Old Testament women are real saints in the Catholic Church (quelle surprise).

That said, you can pick basically any older name out of a hat and find a saint associated with it. But the traditions of naming children after saints in most of Europe stuck more to the better-known saints, so I'm not sure a Sarah would qualify there.

As a sidebar, various orthodox traditions do recognize most Old Testament characters as saints so you can find stuff about them being saints out there - it's just usually not in the Catholic Church.

Disclaimer: I'm not Catholic (or any religious affiliation) but history and names are interests of mine!

I have a name that was once very popular, but has declined dramatically in usage since the baby boomer generation. (I am something of an curiosity as a millennial with this name). In any case, when I was a kid, I looked up the saint associated with my name and her origins seemed...questionable. For starters, she supposedly lived waaay before my name was in any kind of usage and her story is extremely generic with very few details. I'm inclined to believe that in my saint's case, the saint was retroactively created once the name became popular to give it proper Catholic street cred. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Honestly, those people have baby issues. 

I think they have life issues.

I don't know how they can bring so many children into the world in the state that it is. It's like the women live in a shiny bubble that is all about weddings, babies and parties and serving their husband. I remember back to when Gideon was a newborn and they filmed Joy and Austin giving him a bath, and she just looked so dead inside but she wasn't allowed to share her thoughts. It's incredibly sad.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Jill is the one I really don't want to get pregnant anymore out of all the Duggars.

Derick doesn't even seem to like his kids and seems to be putting reliving his college boy days before anything else.

Jill screamed: "I can't wait to have the next one" on her freaking delivery bed.

Plus she's already overwhelmed, then there's the child endangerment,

Dericks Ego dragging an unvaccinated Israel and Sam fetus off to Zika Danger America multiple times...

(for ridiculously short periods of time too short to achieve anything - that last trip was absolutely pointless )

Oh yes, her delivery horror stories and refusal to go to the hospital in time ( well she let her sister Joy labor in breech forever because, with all her shitty "Midwife" training, she literally couldn't tell Gideon's head from his ass!) #rantover

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Jill is the one I really don't want to get pregnant anymore out of all the Duggars.

Derick doesn't even seem to like his kids and seems to be putting reliving his college boy days before anything else.

Jill screamed: "I can't wait to have the next one" on her freaking delivery bed.

Plus she's already overwhelmed, then there's the child endangerment,

Dericks Ego dragging an unvaccinated Israel and Sam fetus off to Zika Danger America multiple times...

(for ridiculously short periods of time too short to achieve anything - that last trip was absolutely pointless )

Oh yes, her delivery horror stories and refusal to go to the hospital in time ( well she let her sister Joy labor in breech forever because, with all her shitty "Midwife" training, she literally couldn't tell Gideon's head from his ass!) #rantover

I agree that I don’t like the idea of them having more kids, but I’m a bit confused by some of your logic.

- I agree that Derick doesn’t seem to be thrilled about a ton of kids. I don’t think he dislikes the boys as much as he just doesn’t understand how to interact with kids that young though. My dad is the same way - he loves his kids and grandkids, but he has no clue what to do with them before they start walking and talking. Derick doesn’t seem to have had a lot of experience with kids prior to Izzy being born, so it’s very possible that’s why he comes across as tougher on Izzy than Sam. Parenting can be a tough learning experience for some people unfortunately. 

- I don’t remember Jill saying that, but I could honestly be forgetting. I do remember Derick saying something like that very shortly after Izzy was born though because FJ was kind of pissed off he’d say that right after his wife had a difficult delivery. Jill’s experiences could very well have caused just her or just him or both of them to reassess their views on how many kids they want though. 

- The weird swaddling photos were extremely distressing and I’ll agree there on potential child endangerment. A good portion of the recent child endangerment you referred to seems more like the boys just being pretty rambunctious little kids who get into mischief often though. My eldest nephew is a very rambunctious kid and he’s constantly doing stuff he shouldn’t be because he’s stubborn and likes to push boundaries. The difference is that even when my sister and BIL take photos of it they usually don’t post that stuff online, whereas Jill does because she doesn’t really know any better from years of reality television. It’s possible that, for example, the Seewald boys get into much more mischief or potentially dangerous situations or that their parents beat them into submission than we know about because Jessa has learned not to share that stuff.

- There is no vaccination for Zika. I think there are currently some in clinical trials, but none have been approved for use. We also have no clue whether they vaccinate at all or not, but Izzy probably would have been old enough for vaccinations prior to leaving for SCA if they do - they left for the first time right around when he turned 3 months old and came back often enough to get him up to date on any he might have missed. It’s also possible they had someone in SCA who gave him normal checkups and vaccinations as well. It was still a very stupid idea for several reasons though (including Jill’s pregnancy as you mentioned), but Izzy not being vaccinated is something we can’t know for sure because they’ve never discussed that publicly. 

- Her delivery of Izzy is absolutely fair game for criticism. Her delivery with Sam isn’t really though because we have no clue what happened there. Full term babies can end up in NICU for a whole bunch of reasons that have nothing to do with negligence. The evidence from Izzy’s birth would strongly suggest that they made dumb choices again, but that’s never been confirmed fact.

I agree that I don’t want to see another Dill anytime soon, but I honestly don’t want any of these couples to have kids when they’re involved in various forms of Fundamentalism and intend to raise their kids with those beliefs. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I agree that I don’t like the idea of them having more kids, but I’m a bit confused by some of your logic.

- I agree that Derick doesn’t seem to be thrilled about a ton of kids. I don’t think he dislikes the boys as much as he just doesn’t understand how to interact with kids that young though. My dad is the same way - he loves his kids and grandkids, but he has no clue what to do with them before they start walking and talking. Derick doesn’t seem to have had a lot of experience with kids prior to Izzy being born, so it’s very possible that’s why he comes across as tougher on Izzy than Sam. Parenting can be a tough learning experience for some people unfortunately. 

- I don’t remember Jill saying that, but I could honestly be forgetting. I do remember Derick saying something like that very shortly after Izzy was born though because FJ was kind of pissed off he’d say that right after his wife had a difficult delivery. Jill’s experiences could very well have caused just her or just him or both of them to reassess their views on how many kids they want though. 

- The weird swaddling photos were extremely distressing and I’ll agree there on potential child endangerment. A good portion of the recent child endangerment you referred to seems more like the boys just being pretty rambunctious little kids who get into mischief often though. My eldest nephew is a very rambunctious kid and he’s constantly doing stuff he shouldn’t be because he’s stubborn and likes to push boundaries. The difference is that even when my sister and BIL take photos of it they usually don’t post that stuff online, whereas Jill does because she doesn’t really know any better from years of reality television. It’s possible that, for example, the Seewald boys get into much more mischief or potentially dangerous situations or that their parents beat them into submission than we know about because Jessa has learned not to share that stuff.

- There is no vaccination for Zika. I think there are currently some in clinical trials, but none have been approved for use. We also have no clue whether they vaccinate at all or not, but Izzy probably would have been old enough for vaccinations prior to leaving for SCA if they do - they left for the first time right around when he turned 3 months old and came back often enough to get him up to date on any he might have missed. It’s also possible they had someone in SCA who gave him normal checkups and vaccinations as well. It was still a very stupid idea for several reasons though (including Jill’s pregnancy as you mentioned), but Izzy not being vaccinated is something we can’t know for sure because they’ve never discussed that publicly. 

- Her delivery of Izzy is absolutely fair game for criticism. Her delivery with Sam isn’t really though because we have no clue what happened there. Full term babies can end up in NICU for a whole bunch of reasons that have nothing to do with negligence. The evidence from Izzy’s birth would strongly suggest that they made dumb choices again, but that’s never been confirmed fact.

I agree that I don’t want to see another Dill anytime soon, but I honestly don’t want any of these couples to have kids when they’re involved in various forms of Fundamentalism and intend to raise their kids with those beliefs. 

Jill stated that in a people interview right after the birth - kid no2 was already on her mind. I'm an only child, who isn't kid crazy and I'm not planning to have any of my own, but I still know how to talk and play with them. Nobody in their right mind would take the time to shoot a foto when their kid is sitting on a chair placed on another wobbly object or licking a fan - plus there is heaps of evidence that they blanket train.

Israel wasn't old enough for some important vaccinations back then: Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Hepatitis A, Jill was pregnant with Sam - he could have gotten Zika.

1PTAChildVacinesT1.gif

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Jill stated that in a people interview right after the birth - kid no2 was already on her mind. I'm an only child, who isn't kid crazy and I'm not planning to have any of my own, but I still know how to talk and play with them. Nobody in their right mind would take the time to shoot a foto when their kid is sitting on a chair placed on another wobbly object or licking a fan - plus there is heaps of evidence that they blanket train.

Israel wasn't old enough for some important vaccinations back then: Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Hepatitis A, Jill was pregnant with Sam - he could have gotten Zika.

1PTAChildVacinesT1.gif

I must have missed that interview then. All I remember is Derick saying something like that on the show shortly after the birth and FJ being pretty pissed off about it because of how tough that experience looked for Jill. 

I’m aware of the vaccination schedule as I have a fully vaccinated 2 year old myself. My point was we have no idea if they vaccinate their kids. He was old enough for some of his initial vaccinations when they left and their constant returns to the states would have easily allowed them to get him updated on any vaccinations he needed with their regular Doctor. Even if they didn’t, there are medical professionals in SCA who could have given him appropriate medical care down there as well. We simply can’t judge on the vaccinations because they haven’t spoken publicly about their beliefs on that. 

And as I said in my prior post, I actually agree with you regarding Jill being pregnant in a Zika hot zone. I won’t judge families who actually live in Zika hot zones for having pregnancies or people who absolutely have to travel to those areas while pregnant, but the Dills willingly chose to travel there while Jill was pregnant when they didn’t have to. That was a bit stupid in my opinion. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, squiddysquid said:

1PTAChildVacinesT1.gif

Regarding vaccinations: they do sometimes give them earlier to kids who will be traveling outside of the country to areas where they have concern of them catching the diseases. If I remember correctly from the sign I saw when I got some vaccines last night, MMR was one that they would give an additional dose to kids over 5? months who will be in high risk areas. I'm a little fuzzy on the details as I just glanced at it to try to ignore the pain...

Of course if they weren't vaccinating at all or consulting doctors about the trip all of this could be irrelevant, and we have no idea what they've done about vaccines/doctors aside from Israel's birth, and some vague ideas about Sam's birth.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

Regarding vaccinations: they do sometimes give them earlier to kids who will be traveling outside of the country to areas where they have concern of them catching the diseases. If I remember correctly from the sign I saw when I got some vaccines last night, MMR was one that they would give an additional dose to kids over 5? months who will be in high risk areas. I'm a little fuzzy on the details as I just glanced at it to try to ignore the pain...

Of course if they weren't vaccinating at all or consulting doctors about the trip all of this could be irrelevant, and we have no idea what they've done about vaccines/doctors aside from Israel's birth, and some vague ideas about Sam's birth.

Infants can be vaccinated with an early MMR dose between 6 and 11 months. They then get the normal doses at the usual ages as well. Here’s the CDC website, which lists how much earlier vaccinations can happen before international travel:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2018/international-travel-with-infants-children/vaccine-recommendations-for-infants-and-children

There’s also the fact that Measles has been making a comeback in parts of the US due to antivaxers. I’m not sure if the Duggars’ area is affected or not and I can’t remember what year this really started to become a problem. Izzy was born in 2015, so maybe that was prior to the resurgence really starting*... but it’s not just a risk parents of infants take when they travel to other countries anymore. I’m due with my second in November and I’m lucky to live in a state with a pretty great vaccination record, but it’s still something husband and I will have to carefully consider as we decide what activities to place our toddler into next year and what places we can safely go to with our baby prior to them receiving the MMR. It pisses me off horribly that this is something we even have to think about, but that’s the world we’re living in at the moment. My doctor also found that I’ll need another dose of the MMR myself after the baby is born because my immunity to Rubella has dipped just under the immunity threshold two out of three times I’ve had it tested this year (MMR is not given during pregnancy.) 

*I want to say it started being seen as a problem again the early to mid 2000s, but I honestly don’t know. I know 2015 was when the outbreak linked to Disneyland happened though, so I’m guessing vaccination rates had already fallen too much in some areas by then. This year has been particularly bad so far though.

• Upvote 8

Jill was not Joy's midwife so wasn't the one to miss the breech, unless we saw her checking Joy during labor which I don't remember happening.

• Upvote 11

20 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Jill must be feeling real anxiety now that she is still not invited back into the Sisterhood of the Traveling Uterus yet.  Anna’s crowing can’t be helping. 

I think Anna loves having someone else being in the dog house, besides her. I'm fairly certain they were all assholes to her about Josh cheating on her.  She's making amends by being all lovey dovey wifey and popping out baby after baby. 

Derrick is a big mouth creep and Jilly Muffin most likely won't be having tons of babies or even anymore babies so that is two strikes against her, plus PANTS. 

Arkansas has a HUGE antivax population.  I believe Idaho has the largest per-capita cases of unvaccinated kids. AR is in the top 10/15 states of per-capita unvaxed kids. Most areas of rural RED counties have high antivax rates, the far left and the far right meet on this topic of uninformed stupidity, so a lot of earthy crunchy folks are strongly antivax and anti western medicine. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, Cheetah said:

I wonder what would happen if one of the other expecting parents wanted to use an m-name... like, suppose Lauren had always wanted to call her first daughter Melissa or something like that... do you think Josh and Anna would make a stink about that being their letter?  

honestly don't think they would have that right especially after Anna and Josh used the middle name Garrett on Mason, more then likely knowing fair well that Joe would want to use it on his son. 

On 4/28/2019 at 5:42 PM, viii said:

Molly is a beautiful name. I had it on my list but my cousin and his wife used it first. 

One of my top three baby names is Meredith, so I’m used to the Duggar’s ruining things. I kind of always forget about Meredith Duggar though, maybe because she was born during the height of the scandal and wasn’t given as much attention. 

Meredith and Henry had both been on my list. Meredith has been pushed off but Henry is still a contender. 

• Upvote 1

Speaking of vaccines I read recently some adults who got the non-live version of MMR between 1963-1967 need to be revaccinated.

• Upvote 5

Our son's pediatrician recommended he do an early MMR vaccination (at 11 months) before traveling to Europe due to people's rampant stupidity (e.g. measles cases due to antivaxxers). 

As an aside, we are in the early stages of planning a trip to a yellow fever area to visit a family member. Our son will be 2.5 at the time of travel. The pediatrician recommended that, once our plans are final, we contact her well ahead of the travel time, so she can book him to get the vaccine done. 

• Upvote 4

A five month old baby in my county apparently has contracted the measles right now. Super scary considering I have an 11 month old myself. This is where the whole "who am I hurting if I personally don't vaccinate?" argument explodes. You're endangering not only yourself but those who are too young or not able to be vaccinated for other reasons. 

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 12

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic