IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

13 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Hey Ben, it's a little late to be worrying about being outnumbered with 3 kids under 4.  

You think having 2 under 2 was a challenge....:pb_lol:

I would take 2 under 2 over 3 under 4 hands down! At least with the two you can each take a kid. Once you're outnumbered, someone is always juggling two kids. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Is this the first time that Laura has been in the TH-section together with Jana? She's been on the show a lot, but a TH?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Gothard speak at Priscilla and David's wedding, and he was lecturing about the value of having no expectations (so you'll appreciate what your spouse does and not be disappointed otherwise).

They love to say that expectations ruin relationships, but that only seems to apply to the wives having no expectations.  Men totally get to have the expectation of being served and submitted to. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Helena Handbaket said:

If Lauren was losing THAT much blood, shouldn't she have been in the hospital? And what did she need to be carried around for? 

I had a miscarriage (went to hospital) and lost do much blood that I was confined to a wheelchair for two days. I was super close to getting a blood transfusion but in the end they said I could choose between rest, steak, and a saline iv or a transfusion. I chose the first option (I was really terrified of getting a blood transfusion) and was physically okay after 3-4 days. I could walk very short distances alone (less than like 20 feet) but I suppose my husband could have carried me if I didn't have a wheelchair.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 23

I recently miscarried, I'm just going to put this under a spoiler. 

Spoiler

Okay, so when the main event went down it was a lot like giving birth because I had to pass the placenta. Contractions back to back, 10/10 painful, a lot of bleeding. I ended up getting in the bathtub and I'm so thankful I googled what to expect because it was really a lot of blood and pain and I'm pretty sure I would have called 911 if I hadn't known what was happening or going to happen. When the placenta passed the whole tub was red with blood. Once pain was over, it was euphoria - like I could do anything (much like birth). My husband helped me out of the bath and into the shower and that was about all I was capable of, but I managed to get myself back to the bed. I felt faint on the way there, but I did it on my own.

When she said Josiah was having to carry her due to blood loss, I also had to think hard about why that was necessary, and then I remembered that moment of barely being able to get myself from the bathroom to my bed and figured it was something like that. 

That said, yes, once it's just regular bleeding in the aftermath, my OB recommends if you're soaking more than two pads an hour, to bring yourself in to be evaluated. 

• Thank You 2
  • Love 27

For those of us who can't watch TLC, here's a link to the episode on youtube. Don't know how long it will be up, but it works right now :)

• Upvote 1

Ok, just finished watching the episode. Did they really, really announce Jessa’s pregnancy by having producers tell people during TH segments?  Also, Joe’s reaction was weird.

• Upvote 7

It seems they did let the producers announce to the siblings on the talking heads. And then there was a small (for the Duggars) and low key get together to celebrate the announcement. I thought it was weird they would do it this way and not do some sort of elaborate or original announcement... but then I remembered that given Lauren and Josiah's situation it makes sense that Jessa and Ben wouldn't do anything out of the way to announce their 3rd child. 

It's still weird to think they'd let the producers announce to some of the sibs but then again....they have a lot of people to announce to and...well, I guess it is an original way to announce as no one else let the producers announce on the talking heads to surprise some family members. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I haven't watched the episode yet, I came here first.....so I'm guessing the whole implication that Jana had an announcement was a big tease and fake out? Man, TLC sucks. Ben and Jessa's baby, WHICH WE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT BEFORE THE SEASON BEGAN, was the big announcement they teased this whole time???

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I haven't watched the episode yet, I came here first.....so I'm guessing the whole implication that Jana had an announcement was a big tease and fake out? Man, TLC sucks. Ben and Jessa's baby, WHICH WE ALREADY KNEW ABOUT BEFORE THE SEASON BEGAN, was the big announcement they teased this whole time???

When it comes to the Duggars, TLC never announces big, unknown or infamous news...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Just like how the finale last season was the Jabbie wedding, and the finale this season was the Jabbie wedding. The show is ridiculously repetitive.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, Markie said:

I think his seventh groomsman was Zach Bates. Since the Bateses are featured on another network, Up Tv, TLC refuses to show them on their network. We never saw Carlin Bates at Joy’s wedding. 

Zach wasn't a groomsman, instagram photos show him w/ a boutonniere but in different color than the groomsmen (maybe an usher?). Nathan Bates was in the blush-colored tie that the groomsmen had, though, and he and JD pilot and do "missions" a lot. We also know he included Joe, Josh, and Austin. One of the "un-official" pics shared of the wedding party, pretty clearly shows Ben Burnett. I think we caught glimpses of the other ¿two? groomsmen in the episode.....

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

You can't see everyone's face here, but there's a picture of all the groomsmen floating around Pinterest. 

Spoiler

image.png.ffb37b5ec5882aafb433bcc7fb4c3c21.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

When it comes to the Duggars, TLC never announces big, unknown or infamous news...

This. This right here. Everyone pay attention to this comment. If the Duggars have something big to announce (pregnancy, baby, courtship, engagement, whatever), you will see it in a magazine or on Instagram long before it's ever featured on Counting On. The last 'new' thing I can remember them actually announcing on the show was Josiah's courtship with Marjorie, and that was about 4 years ago.

• Upvote 22

Even though all the married girls basically said they were looking forward to having more babies, I have to say I'm thus far pleasantly surprised by the spacing. Other than Spurgeon and Henry, which was a really short 15 month age difference, everyone else will be at least 18 months+ and almost all will be 2 years+. Yes, it's still potentially a boatload of kids due to how early they start popping them out but we're not seeing alarmingly short times between pregnancies.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5

31 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Even though all the married girls basically said they were looking forward to having more babies, I have to say I'm thus far pleasantly surprised by the spacing. Other than Spurgeon and Henry, which was a really short 15 month age difference, everyone else will be at least 18 months+ and almost all will be 2 years+. Yes, it's still potentially a boatload of kids due to how early they start popping them out but we're not seeing alarmingly short times between pregnancies.

Agreed. Who knows what’s going on with the Dillards. Dereck is an odd duck who came from a small family. He has a bit of the wanderlust and does not appear to be hyperfocused on anything (or anyone) other than his own wants at any particular, given moment. I doubt a Quiverfull fits into his life wants. Joe is a guy who likely didn’t partake in much childcare in chez Duggar, and Kendra lived in a family with 7 kids at most. She likely was not a sister mom in the same sense as Jana or Jill. I’m  sure the 100% responsibility for another is a big change for them. Was Joy ever a true sister mom? It seems as soon as she was on deck at the TTH, she got out. Austin is the youngest of a tiny, by fundie standards, family. I’m sure a baby was a huge wake up call for him. Plus when you add in the inherent, dominant, lazy gene that so many of the Duggars exhibit, a baby has to be a HUGE wake up call for most. I doubt lazy Josh helped much. Plus it’s easy to control reproduction if you’re not having sex. Newborns and the hormone shifts after birth do tend to put the kibosh on relations.

In terms of males, Ben is the best suited for more readily coping with small kids. He is the oldest child from a 7 kid family. He is likely familiar with the noise, chaos and responsibility that babies and small kids bring. In addition, he is married to “doesn’t give a shite, Jessa.” They are the best suited couple for the lifestyle and reality that lots of kids bring.

The image conscious Voulos are not well suited for raising a tribe. I think they both know and accept that fact.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 14

I just watched the John and Abbie wedding episode.  I didn't care for her Dad's "transfer her to this man" phrase, but John and Abbie seemed happy.  Also, WHY OH WHY do the little girls have to wear white leggings under their flower girl/attendant dresses?  For the love of Pete! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I just watched the John and Abbie wedding episode.  I didn't care for her Dad's "transfer her to this man" phrase, but John and Abbie seemed happy.  Also, WHY OH WHY do the little girls have to wear white leggings under their flower girl/attendant dresses?  For the love of Pete! 

Agree, it is so weird that they have to wear leggings. Why not modesty shorts/plain cycle shorts? I wear those when I wear skirts and it's windy, for modesty reasons. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Did anyone catch Ben saying they are outnumbered? He only said it 14 times, so I'm unsure if others missed it.

Oh and John David is a pilot.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 24
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Did anyone catch Ben saying they are outnumbered? He only said it 14 times, so I'm unsure if others missed it.

Oh and John David is a pilot.

The Ashley's Reality Round up does Counting On recaps which are hilarious are always snarking often JD being a pilot is mentioned.

• Upvote 3

I still haven't made it through the entire episode (keep falling asleep) but Smuggar was a groomsman? It looks like him in the pic posted above. I still remember that episode of Counting On (I think the first episode) where John David said he didn't look up to his brother anymore after both scandals came out. 

(My apologies if this has been discussed already. I've been trying to get through Bro Gary's latest video and I have a few pages of Duggar reading to catch up on.)

Edited by PumaLover
one last thought
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

The thing I wonder about with the spacing is if anybody feels pressure to have more kids sooner. We know they don't believe in preventing pregnancy, but I wonder if any of them are actively trying to conceive. Obviously C sections would slow things down for Joy and Jill, (as they should for the sake of the mother's healing), and JinJer seem content with a smaller family. With all the emphasis on fertility in their cult, I wonder if any of the others feel anxious that #2 (or 3) isn't on the way yet.

I'm only referring to the couples who've been married over a year. We know Lauren miscarried recently, and Jabbie are still relatively new (but likely to announce next). Abbie *might* surprise us by getting a nursing job, but if this happens, it'll likely be an FU internets moment by TLC and will be abandoned once she gets pregnant.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

The Ashley's Reality Round up does Counting On recaps which are hilarious are always snarking often JD being a pilot is mentioned.

I think on one of the snark subreddits they're calling Abbie ofPlane. 

• Haha 23

3 hours ago, PumaLover said:

I still haven't made it through the entire episode (keep falling asleep) but Smuggar was a groomsman? It looks like him in the pic posted above. I still remember that episode of Counting On (I think the first episode) where John David said he didn't look up to his brother anymore after both scandals came out. 

(My apologies if this has been discussed already. I've been trying to get through Bro Gary's latest video and I have a few pages of Duggar reading to catch up on.)

It sure does look like Josh in the picture. I think we shouldn’t give to much credit to those old interviews anymore. A lot of time has passed and Josh is probably fully redeemed and forgiven in his family and circle of friends. They always had their priorities wrong anyway. The molesting never seemed to bother them as much as the cheating. 

I don’t believe JB has to force anyone to pick Josh as groomsman. Just as I don’t believe Derick is shunned for real. They just worship at the alter of TLC money and therefore hide those relatives from the public eye. 

Edited by just_ordinary
Thought added
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This. This right here. Everyone pay attention to this comment. If the Duggars have something big to announce (pregnancy, baby, courtship, engagement, whatever), you will see it in a magazine or on Instagram long before it's ever featured on Counting On. The last 'new' thing I can remember them actually announcing on the show was Josiah's courtship with Marjorie, and that was about 4 years ago.

I mostly agree with this, but didn't we learn about Joy and Austin courting on the show? Not in the normal narrative, but as a special announcement on the show. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic