IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

I did get a chuckle out of that picture of Kendra.  There are already eleventy Duggars all crowding around to help with this pop-up wedding boutique, but I want to help too so I guess I'll just sweep the couch with a full-sized broom.  

Maybe there was saw dust?  Or flour?

• Haha 12

22 minutes ago, freshlemonade said:

I did get a chuckle out of that picture of Kendra.  There are already eleventy Duggars all crowding around to help with this pop-up wedding boutique, but I want to help too so I guess I'll just sweep the couch with a full-sized broom.  

Maybe there was saw dust?  Or flour?

Given that they had just been building things with recently-sawn wood in the space (and assuming *any* linearity in how they presented this part of the building process a bunch of the guys who'd been working with the wood had recently sat on the couch), I'm going to go with a high likelihood of sawdust on that faux suede. It does look a little odd though. But maybe she was sweeping it to the floor to then collect with the rest of the dirt on the floor?

image.thumb.png.d0da6bb40abc5bc491e23c681252631e.png

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Thank you @metheglyn! Maybe it is a TLC thing with these stupid dress appointments then. How annoying for the brides to be, such specific requests and yet they are forced to try on nothing they like for what? Awkward, disinterested reactions for the show? 

I do maintain that Mizzzzzzzzzzz Renee is pretty bad at her job though. Terrible selection, not managing to even sew that piece of fabric to Kendra's skirt etc. 

I hope the next Duggar bride follows Jessa and Carlin Bates and goes to a non-associated store. Not sure if Jill should be included here because of the terrible modestrosity alterations - can't remember if the store was responsible. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I hope the next Duggar bride follows Jessa and Carlin Bates and goes to a non-associated store. Not sure if Jill should be included here because of the terrible modestrosity alterations - can't remember if the store was responsible. 

Wendy revealed they (the bridal store the gown was purchased from) employed Moni Reeise, a pastor’s wife in South Carolina, to make the necessary alterations.

• Thank You 4

I tried to watch this episode twice and fell asleep both times, so thank you very much for all the recaps and comments. 

I'm also realizing that my couch could use a good vacuuming. 

• Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

I'm also realizing that my couch could use a good vacuuming. 

@PumaLover Have you learned nothing from this thread? What your couch needs a good broom sweeping. Try to keep up. :tw_wink:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 29
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

@PumaLover Have you learned nothing from this thread? What your couch needs a good broom sweeping. Try to keep up. :tw_wink:

Maybe Puma reserves her broom for riding.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

2 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Actually, even better idea: Abbie stands in the field in her dress and JD and the Duggs fly over her in the plane and compete to glitter bomb her from the air. Two birds fed with one scone!

This I would happily watch! 

For the next announcement can we get all the brides in their wedding dresses and all the guys in planes. Then the brides run about in the field and the guys flour bomb them. Whoever hits their bride is having the next baby. 

Also, if Jabbie don't have a plane flour bombing ginder reveal, I will be disappointed to the max. Yeah I know JoKen shot a bag of colored powder but you guys; John is a PILOT. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 32
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Maybe Puma reserves her broom for riding.  

? Haha funny (or maybe sad) story. I just dropped a brand new bottle of wine on my kitchen floor where it shattered into a billion pieces. My kid came walking out barefoot and I told her to go put shoes on. I have absolutely no idea where my broom is! 

And now since I don't have any wine and the closest store will be closed before I can get there, I am completely unmotivated to vacuum the couch, OR find the broom. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 10
  • Love 7

24 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

? Haha funny (or maybe sad) story. I just dropped a brand new bottle of wine on my kitchen floor where it shattered into a billion pieces. My kid came walking out barefoot and I told her to go put shoes on. I have absolutely no idea where my broom is! 

And now since I don't have any wine and the closest store will be closed before I can get there, I am completely unmotivated to vacuum the couch, OR find the broom. 

I'd lend you mine, but the cord won't reach?

• Haha 8

10 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Michelle’s shoes are monstrous

Having ortho issues myself I have wondered what the deal is with her obviously specialized shoes and possible (speculation) orthotics. I like that she doesn't stay hidden at home because of the noticeably large shoes, but I can't figure out why her daughters wear flip-flops or those little flat non-supportive shoes. If Michelle's issues are due at all to genetics, with or without pregnancy after pregnancy, I'd think they would have really pushed (compelled) the daughters to wear better footwear. At least 1) JB doesn't require Michelle's feet to look a certain way; it is more important that she can walk, so I'll give him that, and 2) the parents obviously allow the daughters to choose footwear, I guess; perhaps so JB can save a lot of money.

I know from my own experience that she likely has serious foot issues or she wouldn't go around wearing those everywhere.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I totally did a double take and thought Hannie was Jinger in that pic. I feel kinda bad snarking on Michelle's shoes since I have had to wear orthotics after my car accident and surgery. I can't wear cute heels or anything anymore. But the hate and control over women's bodies I'm totally on board for. Don't try to tell me what to do or not do with my uterus!!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Michelle’s shoes are monstrous - along with their attempts to control women’s bodies. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu-DpBuH-cV/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=l4f1egd1wftg

I don't think they're that bad. I think  shoes like that are in right now. Pic of a quick Google image search to show what I'm talking about under spoiler:

Spoiler

1809442119_ScreenShot2019-03-14at9_25_27PM.thumb.png.2fd4d95cc0b7b212620df51fc8a56947.png

I learned this here on FJ so I always feel the need to pass the info forward: pregnancy can wreak all sorts of havoc on your feet, and Michelle has had a heck of a lot of those. There is a good chance she may need to use certain less fashionable shoes for medical reasons. I don't think it's super appropriate to snark on (and this is coming from someone who is generally okay with superficial appearance-oriented snark).

On the other hand, I will say a thorough fuck them and the American Pro-Life movement forever!!!!!11

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

So Awake America ministries were the hosts of this capitol connection thing, this is their website.  https://awakeamericaonline.org/capitol-connection/

They believe:

In the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures.

The Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God's planned purpose throughout the ages.

In God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Salvation is "by grace" plus nothing minus nothing.

Men are justified by faith alone and are accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

In the visible, personal, and premillennial return of Jesus Christ.

In the everlasting, conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost.

Spoiler

Awake America is an organization that is committed to three objectives:

Education

AWAKE AMERICA will help God's people, specifically independent Baptists, to become more informed about our Judeo-Christian heritage and the current state of national and international affairs to gain an understanding of the times from a Biblical Worldview.

Engagement

AWAKE AMERICA is dedicated to empower and urge God's people to get responsibly involved. This entails engaging in our governmental processes so that the precious liberties, such as freedom of speech and freedom of religion, can be retained and maintained.

AWAKE AMERICA also has a unique opportunity of providing a gospel lighthouse on Capitol Hill providing spiritual support and distributing Bibles to our nation's leaders.

AWAKE AMERICA will supply eyes and ears on Capitol Hill for independent Baptist Churches, keeping them up to date with proposed legislation and governmental actions promoting the positive and deterring the negative.

Encouragement

AWAKE AMERICA will show how to commend our representatives when they take a conservative stand and respectfully criticize them when they compromise or take a liberal stand. This will hold our Legislative Representatives accountable and fulfill our role as the conscience of the nation.

AWAKE AMERICA will challenge God’s people to intercede in daily prayer for our nation and representative leadership. When national issues arise that are beyond the scope of the normal governmental process, the need for intercessory prayer is of utmost importance.

BY PROVIDING THE ABOVE, AWAKE AMERICA CAN ASSIST IN RETAINING OUR GOD-GIVEN LIBERTIES, DEFENDING OUR CONSTITUTION AGAINST FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC ENEMIES, AND MAINTAINING OUR REPUBLIC FOR GENERATIONS TO COME

So a conservative christian lobby group. Connecting conservative christians (specifically independant baptists) with conservative christian politicians.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

I actually like the shoes Michelle is wearing. Fuck that "pro-life" noise, though.

• Upvote 7

At this point the word “heritage” turns on my fight or flight reflex (oh no, is this going to be a white nationalist thing or a Dominionist thing?)

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

So Awake America ministries were the hosts of this capitol connection thing, this is their website.  https://awakeamericaonline.org/capitol-connection/

They believe:

Hide contents

Awake America is an organization that is committed to three objectives:

Education

AWAKE AMERICA will help God's people, specifically independent Baptists, to become more informed about our Judeo-Christian heritage and the current state of national and international affairs to gain an understanding of the times from a Biblical Worldview.

Engagement

AWAKE AMERICA is dedicated to empower and urge God's people to get responsibly involved. This entails engaging in our governmental processes so that the precious liberties, such as freedom of speech and freedom of religion, can be retained and maintained.

AWAKE AMERICA also has a unique opportunity of providing a gospel lighthouse on Capitol Hill providing spiritual support and distributing Bibles to our nation's leaders.

AWAKE AMERICA will supply eyes and ears on Capitol Hill for independent Baptist Churches, keeping them up to date with proposed legislation and governmental actions promoting the positive and deterring the negative.

Encouragement

AWAKE AMERICA will show how to commend our representatives when they take a conservative stand and respectfully criticize them when they compromise or take a liberal stand. This will hold our Legislative Representatives accountable and fulfill our role as the conscience of the nation.

AWAKE AMERICA will challenge God’s people to intercede in daily prayer for our nation and representative leadership. When national issues arise that are beyond the scope of the normal governmental process, the need for intercessory prayer is of utmost importance.

BY PROVIDING THE ABOVE, AWAKE AMERICA CAN ASSIST IN RETAINING OUR GOD-GIVEN LIBERTIES, DEFENDING OUR CONSTITUTION AGAINST FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC ENEMIES, AND MAINTAINING OUR REPUBLIC FOR GENERATIONS TO COME

So a conservative christian lobby group. Connecting conservative christians (specifically independant baptists) with conservative christian politicians.

I hate how they say compromise like it's a bad thing. Compromise is good, it's how our country was built and how it's been run for most of its history.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

I know from my own experience that she likely has serious foot issues or she wouldn't go around wearing those everywhere.

I admittedly didn’t think of possible orthopedic issues and let the snark possess me. 

48 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

I hate how they say compromise like it's a bad thing. Compromise is good, it's how our country was built and how it's been run for most of its history.

Not sure if that’s a rather far stretch, but I detect (slightly) fascist tendencies in these words. 

2 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

So Awake America ministries were the hosts of this capitol connection thing, this is their website.  

I just read that as Awkward America. A Freudian mistake I reckon, but in the sense that it reveals something about their nature instead of mine. ?

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 4

I just watched the show. I thought that flour thing looked like fun, but maybe something else that isn't food would be nicer. Can relate to feeling ill while going in circles in the air, but am good at hitting targets with things, for some reason. 

I get their names mixed up still, but I think Jedidiah? Is the one who stole food from his twin and others while growing, because he's practically tall. If it isn't Jedidiah but rather a non-twin one who is nearly tall, well, it doesn't really matter, just something that stood out to me while they were all in that field looking mostly alike except Jeremiah. Those twins are six months younger than my youngest son. If they hung out together after work, they would: go out for Mexican food or hot wings, go bowling or to karaoke sometimes, play video games, binge on Mad Men, have a lot of pizza delivered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The pink dress was far too sophisticated for Abbie's personal taste, but I liked the skirt very much. I'd like it in more of a blush or ivory. But it would work with a rather more dramatic wedding setting than they will have.

And so I guess Justin is learning to drive in a crowd? Probably that's good for learning to tune out chaos. But gosh he does not look 16 to me.  

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic