IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

5 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I mostly agree with this, but didn't we learn about Joy and Austin courting on the show? Not in the normal narrative, but as a special announcement on the show. 

You’re right! But like you said, it was a special announcement during Jinger’s (first) wedding episode. It wasn’t something that TLC had been teasing for months. 

• Upvote 3

I watched the episode. Well, most of it; I skipped some of the ceremony and some of the...kiss.

My favorite parts were Jeremy being all "yah duh" about Zoolander, the married siblings' various levels of horror at the ...kiss, and watching the boys work together and put things together, at Jana's direction but also just in general.

It was a rather better episode than usual, with things happening and going on, except for the bits where they let the parents say things. I liked the obviousness of Josh not being the best man.

• Upvote 7

52 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Have we discussed that Benessa isnt in the "counting on" pic?  This is odd...

Duggarpic.thumb.jpg.5a50035ac1d3d6ae1bf49e61057a3b03.jpg

IIRC, Jessa addressed this question, and said that the photo was only of the new couples and families with young babies. Jana and the other adults are also missing.

• Upvote 12
  • Confused 1

Jessa said the picture is only for people who had major life changes during the current season. Guess her pregnancy happened too late to include.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Have we discussed that Benessa isnt in the "counting on" pic?  This is odd...

Duggarpic.thumb.jpg.5a50035ac1d3d6ae1bf49e61057a3b03.jpg

Bizarre random thing I noticed... One person in each family group has on a red shirt. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Bizarre random thing I noticed... One person in each family group has on a red shirt. 

Its like "US"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

What I think is strange is that Joy & Austin are in the photo and they weren't on this "season" they had maybe 2 minutes of TH between the two of them JB&DQ had more screen time.  The whole season was JinJer, Jabbie, Siren,  Jana & Benessa with a little Joken thrown in.  I would have had Benessa & Jana in the pic and left the Forsyth's out since they weren't on.  Either everything they filmed was cut, or they were just too busy actually working to film, but it seems weird to say they were going to focus on the new families/couples and then focus on Jana and Benessa. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

Did I imagine it or did CO return on Monday and noboby bothered to watch/comment/recap?

It returns today. It’s already on TLC go though, but not everyone has access to it. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

It returns today. It’s already on TLC go though, but not everyone has access to it.  

Watched it earlier on there. I'm wondering if JAbbie put their foot down about filming their honeymoon(s) because there hasn't been a peep about it and it wasn't featured on the previews.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, brookeb82 said:

Watched it earlier on there. I'm wondering if JAbbie put their foot down about filming their honeymoon(s) because there hasn't been a peep about it and it wasn't featured on the previews.

It is on the episode description for ep # 3. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Thank You 4

Yes, the latest preview says "possibility of new courtship" so I'm surprised no speculation. That's next week's episode. In the previews before, the one thing that really bugged me was when, I think Lauren, said "us pregnant girls". They are women. They may be younger than a mother should be, but "pregnant girl" I have always seen as a term for a pregnant teen. Ok, I guess technically Kendra was one with Garrett.............

Ok, I got that out of my system. Whoever is able to watch it, watch, enjoy, weep, scream, throw coffee or wine or beer on your TV, or whatever you want.

Oh yeah, they are actually addressing the issue of Jinger wearing pants. That should get veeeeerrrryyyyy interesting.......

• Upvote 12

I’m wondering if Michelle could be getting injections. Her one friend Cindy has cheeks to high heaven, maybe she introduced her. Or she just has amazing genes... but I’m pretty amazed by the fullness of her cheeks and zero under eye circles. 

• Upvote 5

If anyone comes across the episode of tonight's show, please post it, or do a recap. I'm without cable, have been for weeks now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I can do a bit of a recap.

• JB and Michelle are just......officially back on the show now, dropping any pretense of this being about the married kidults.
  • They decide to have Jessa/Ben, Joe/Kendra, Josiah/Lauren, and JD/Abbie "compete" to see who can have the most romantic date, with the caveats that it must be under $40 and last 4 hours. Oh, and they have to take video and photos even though they're being followed by a camera crew. God forbid they just go out on a date to go out on a date.
    • Jeremy/Jinger don't participate because they're ~exploring Los Angeles~. Joy/Austin don't participate because they both seem really over the show and its set-ups.
    • JB/Michelle "watch" the grandkids. JB says he will leave the discipline up to the parents when they come back after Spurgeon and Meredith bite each other. Shocker.
    • JB/Michelle are tasked with naming their 12 grandkids in birth order. They forget Felicity exists for a few moments.
  • Jessa/Ben go and make chocolate. Joe/Kendra flip a coin at every intersection and end up at some gazebo in the rain for a picnic. Josiah/Lauren go horseback riding. JD/Abbie fly (yes, FLY) to a lake and JD grills a steak on a very tiny grill.
  • The couples are all given little questionnaires about their relationships.
    • Jessa/Ben discuss disagreements over finances and Jessa opening up emotionally after they were married. They win "date that JB/Michelle would go on." Gag.
    • Joe/Kendra.......idk, they just said they were private people who were more romantic in private than public. Sure. Despite this, they win most romantic date for being like "a scene from the movie". I'm assuming that movie would be "Old Fashioned". Even Kendra is perplexed over how they won.
    • Josiah/Lauren talk about the miscarriage, to the shock of no one, while Josiah tries not to get bucked from his horse in what I'm sure isn't a metaphor for his life. They win thriftiest date. Romance!
    • JD/Abbie say that, in their house, they have a strict no peck rule, and they demonstrate this by kissing like four or five times in their talking heads. JD also makes a weird comment about how Abbie "opened up" his romantic and he has so much to "slather it over" and the more he does it, the more he has. Gag again. They win most original date. They are disappointed.
  • NEXT TIME: the same courting teasing they've been doing for the past three seasons! Josiah/Lauren have their gender reveal. The couples go on a couples' retreat. 
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 22

In regards to the courtship teasing, I did see someone post somewhere that the summary of the next episode explicitly says that the duggar boys go on a roadtrip before one of them starts a new romance. So it would appear that someone is in a courtship, we just don’t know who. My bet is on Jed. 

• Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

Jessa opening up emotionally after

does this surprise anyone at all...

i remember conversations about how closed off she was during the courtship 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

46 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

In regards to the courtship teasing, I did see someone post somewhere that the summary of the next episode explicitly says that the duggar boys go on a roadtrip before one of them starts a new romance. So it would appear that someone is in a courtship, we just don’t know who. My bet is on Jed. 

Interesting. This trip would have taken place at least half a year ago. That means someone's close to engagement.

• Upvote 17

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Interesting. This trip would have taken place at least half a year ago. That means someone's close to engagement.

And no info would have been leaked... for that long? That is what I find strange. The Duggars have never been shy of telling the world about their courtships before. ?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Anna Bolinas said:

•  
    • JD/Abbie say that, in their house, they have a strict no peck rule, and they demonstrate this by kissing like four or five times in their talking heads. JD also makes a weird comment about how Abbie "opened up" his romantic and he has so much to "slather it over" and the more he does it, the more he has. Gag again. They win most original date. They are Disappointed 
    • Joe/Kendra.......idk, they just said they were private people who were more romantic in private than public. Sure. Despite this, they win most romantic date for being like "a scene from the movie". I'm assuming that movie would be "Old Fashioned". Even Kendra is perplexed over how they won.

I loved that Abbie and JD we’re upfront about being disappointed that they didn’t win (and even a little snarky), because I honestly thought they had the best date, too.

I did feel like Kendra and Joe winning “most romantic” was more of a consolation/sympathy prize for her from her in-laws since I think they love her and love her for Joe and know he’s probably the least romantic. 

And it was great that Austin seemed over the competing for a prize on a date and for whatever reason declined the outing. I know I’m in the minority but he and Joy seem well-suited to each other.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic