IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

7 hours ago, neurogirl said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone I think the PhD will say "biology" but I started in a neuroscience program and am in a lab studying epilepsy. I want to teach college (liberal arts or regional university) so it was necessary training and some parts have been fun, but I will be so relieved when I'm done. My next step will hopefully be a combined research/teaching postdoc so I can be a bit more focused on the teaching part that I love. 

I wish you the very best. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Well folks, they havent posted the show online for this week so I'm not going to be able to do the recap.  Who shall pick up the sword for me?

I'm just going off what people are posting on Reddit, but apparently tonight's special announcement is indeed Jessa's pregnancy (wow, what a shock) and she's due on June 6th. They ask the rest of them what plans they have for the coming year (so this year), and Joy is hoping to either have a baby or be pregnant. Joe and Kendra are apparently planning to build a house.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 11

Are Joe and Kendra sick of living within spitting distance of the TTH?

Or are one of the three kidult J boys going to move into it with yet another teen bride?  

• Upvote 9

So - tonight’s episode is the John/Abbie 2 hr. wedding extravaganza finale. 

Sorry folks. I am not the recapping genius.

I do like this manufactured scene: JD, Abbie and Jenni opt to make the the Unity candle together at the TTC. (And make gift candles for the moms) After some fuckery JD loses patience and decides to make the craft entertaining for himself and goes to get a blowtorch from the garage. I loved that. I’ve had that boyfriend. (It was one of his funny moments vs. his jackass moments) 

They also did a bit where they forced them to guess the essential scent (orange, cinnamon, anchovy - it was funny in that it showcased their personalities quite well. All of them were kind of like, oh fuck this, you’re going to make us look stupid.)

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I'm just going off what people are posting on Reddit, but apparently tonight's special announcement is indeed Jessa's pregnancy (wow, what a shock) and she's due on June 6th. They ask the rest of them what plans they have for the coming year (so this year), and Joy is hoping to either have a baby or be pregnant. Joe and Kendra are apparently planning to build a house.

Wow! Such ambitious young people, always expanding their horizons!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

the producer asks lauren and josiah about the loss. Lauren cries about the loss and mentions that she is sad and that she lost so much blood that josiah had to carry her around for a couple of days

they both are sad and will sing at the wedding 

jessa who is pregnant but won't tell us says she can't imagine something so horrible

jana is organizing the wedding, with the brothers and laura 

did ofjill and jill show up at the wedding 

we get an announcement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

At the Duggar Guest House (4 days until the wedding)

JAbbie are making their unity candles w/ Jennifer as their chaperone. 

TH: We met at church event his parents were speaking at. He knew the Burnett's, but wasn't too familiar w/ Abbie. They started texting and a week later, they entered into a courtship. Abbie wasn't really looking for a husband. JD said he pretty much started planning the proposal right away. They're both very excited.

They thought it would be more meaningful to make their own unity candle rather than buy one. John is REALLY REALLY bad at acting out this 'scene.' Apparently they're using crayons to give the candles color. Michelle likes laundry (I'm assuming fresh) smells... this info isn't relevant until AFTER this exciting guess the smells TH

Smell #1: Orange
Austin asks if he can taste the essential oil (Joy says no).
Jeremy guesses lemon. Everyone else is correct
Smell #2: Cinnamon
Joystin: Don't like the smell, it gives Austin a headache.
Benessa: They think cinnamon, but change their guess to cloves. Ben jokes they couldn't guess the smell b/c they're only used to the finest cinnamon.
Smell #3: Anchovies????
Everyone hates it. Jeremiah doesn't know what an anchovy is. Laura and Jana are talking head partners for this ep, apparently.

JAbbie don't know how much essential oil to use. Abbie apparently doesn't take the unity candle seriously, since she admits to not really reading the directions. They're going to make a candle for each of their moms as a test run. The first candle looks black at first and Abbie worries she won't be able to give it to "Mrs. Duggar".

They make the two candles for their moms and are going to now move on to the 'real candle'. JD uses a torch to melt out the color in the pot so that the candle will be pure white. Abbie worries that he's gonna burn off his eyebrows, especially since they could have just used boiling water. They pour it into the mold and talk about how real this all feels.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 23

Thanks for taking one for the team, OMG, I am already dumber for reading this recap.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

They are giving their best "Blue Steel" faces from Zoolander in the talking heads.

Lawd! I did not see this coming.

Edited by CaricatureQualities
I give fantastic blue steel...my face was made for it
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

As I watch this episode tonight, my thought is, it was okayish till Jimbob showed up, and I was instantly wanting him to fuck right off the screen. Well not fuck... we've seen enough evidence of his fucking... ugh I'm going...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

I thought it was so funny that the wedding photographer said that as if any of them would know what that meant (well, except Jeremy). Like, of all movies, did she really think "Zoolander" would be fundie-approved? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, CaricatureQualities said:

They are giving their best "Blue Steel" faces from Zoolander in the talking heads.

Lawd! I did not see this coming.

I love that some of them got the reference!

• Upvote 4

I need to stop typing so much. We're at the Duggar house and Jana is packing up everything to take down to OK for the wedding. 

She's taking everything they could possibly need. Laura and the Howlers are loading up everything. They split everything in groups of hanger vs church decorations. Jed says it would be easier to just elope.

TH Q: would any siblings ever elope?
- Jana: everyone thinks about it, at some point

- Jason: probably not. 

- Jeremiah: you're gonna probably have a ceremony regardless, so you might as well get it over with

At the reception venue (3 days until wedding)

Everyone makes it to OK safely. They're having the reception at an airport hanger BECAUSE THEY LIKE FLYING AND JD IS A PILOT. The theme is "love is in the air" and Abbie had a good idea for what her vision is. The hanger is very plain, so it's like having a blank slate. They're hanging a lot a shit from the ceiling, so one of the twins tries to convince Jana that it's safe strap a ladder on a lift. She nixes that idea and tells them to wait until they get better equipment. 

Redneck engineering TH:

- Duck tape, zip ties, bungee cords, super glue. Nothing interesting,

This is Jana's first time organizing a wedding on her own. She's very invested in making sure this goes well since JD is her twin. None of the brothers envy her for being in charge and they are impressed her and Laura are able to pull all of this together. Things are going slower than expected (surprise). The size of the room makes it very overwhelming and it feels like they're not making any progress. 

At SiRen's House

SiRen jokingly volunteered to sing the "Blessing Song" while on a double date w/ JAbbie. 3/4 of Abbie's siblings have had this song at their wedding, so she took SiRen up on their offer.

TH on how they're dealing w/ the miscarriage:

Lauren: There isn't a day she doesn't think about their baby. Both of their mothers have encourage to keep praising the Lord despite the pain... She lost so much blood after the fact, that Josiah had to help carry her and do a lot of things for her. She's never seen a husband serve his wife so much and realizes that he cares about her more than himself.

Josiah: It's hard to bounce back into a daily routine and they hope God will bless them w/ another baby. For now, they have to treasure these mouments since this is where the Lord has them at right now.

Jessa: She can't imagine the grief and you feel attached from day one. She can't understand their pain, but she can try to be there for them.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 15

If Lauren was losing THAT much blood, shouldn't she have been in the hospital? And what did she need to be carried around for? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 21

Did Lauren really use the word "serve"? She's never seen a husband serve his wife, cuz I guess it's usually the other way around.

Wow...

• Upvote 10

Duggar House

JB & Michelle are heading to OK with Benessa following them. Jessa tends to fall into her old big sister role when she's at the house

Ceremony Venue (2 days until wedding)

Decorating is still going on. Jana and Laura were at the hanger until 1AM. They're now decorating the church. Everyone argues how to put the arbor together. It's extremely dull, especially since they already practiced setting it up 2-3 times. Jana's sick of their shit. Jana and Laura admit to arguing sometimes, but they always forgive each other. This scene is long and I feel like I should be recapping more but.... it's not worth it. They're not done decorating the hanger.

Ceremony Venue - Ada, OK (20 hours until wedding)

Rehearsal time. Laura is the MC. A pastor at a church in TX that JD goes to is officiating the wedding and Abbie's dad is doing the vows. All the couples talk about their feelings during the rehearsal.  Surprise! They were all excited and couldn't wait to start the rest of their lives together. JAbbie both look like they want to jump each other. Luckily, the rehearsal went smoothly and I wasn't subjected to 20 minutes of arguments about who stands where. 

Back at the reception venue (16 hours until wedding)

The tables and chairs aren't set up and there's an issue with the lights. Jana is trying really hard to keep sweet. The light guys were late and they ended up having more issues than expected with setting them up. Everyone is obviously tired and about ready to snap. Jana thinks this might be an all nighter. Lauren Caldwell is helping. John and Abbie basically just dumped this all on them and are no where to be seen. Jana thinks she's more stressed about this wedding than John is. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 16

18 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Interesting answer!

Did anyone else catch when Abbie was talking about thinking she might never get married and one of the things she said was "I was a nurse, happy with my work..." 

It makes me so sad that so many of them feel it has to be mutually exclusive. Wife-dom or working, but not the choice to do both...

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

Ben and Jessa looked really unenthusiastic about being sister moms on the road trip to the wedding. 

The nightmare of running on Duggar time appeared to hit both Ben (in the road trip) and Jeremy (vaccuming the church in his fancy clothes :lol:) in the face. Loved that. Oh gentlemen. You married this.

John and Abbie’s first kiss was cute. (imo) The other kids gracefully were repulsed by reenacting it. jB and Michelle ewwww. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

So - tonight’s episode is the John/Abbie 2 hr. wedding extravaganza finale. 

Sorry folks. I am not the recapping genius.

I do like this manufactured scene: JD, Abbie and Jenni opt to make the the Unity candle together at the TTC. (And make gift candles for the moms) After some fuckery JD loses patience and decides to make the craft entertaining for himself and goes to get a blowtorch from the garage. I loved that. I’ve had that boyfriend. (It was one of his funny moments vs. his jackass moments) 

They also did a bit where they forced them to guess the essential scent (orange, cinnamon, anchovy - it was funny in that it showcased their personalities quite well. All of them were kind of like, oh fuck this, you’re going to make us look stupid.)

I also enjoyed Abbie's sarcasm "I thought we were going to use boiling water, but my *genius fiance* wanted to use his blowtorch." I think it hit me as especially funny since we hear similar statements un-ironically from some of the other couples, and though she clearly meant it affectionately, there was definitely an eye-roll in the tone ?

Yeah, got the same vibe from the scent thing...haha. Where on earth did they get anchovy "essential oil" and what compelled Austin to put it on his arm?! I mean I assume it was just anchovy oil in an EO bottle to mess with everyone...

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Sorry, I'm really bad at condensing info.

5 hours until wedding

Abbie didn't want to do a 'first look', she wanted JD to see her when she's walking down the aisle w/ the music and the scene set. Abbie's makeup artist is her friend from nursing school and has unnatural colored hair!!1 John gets a hair cut. Abbie mentions how she never thought she would get married, so her sisters are really excited.

4 hours until wedding

Howlers are doing the last minute set up, but everything is coming together. Lauren and Jana are working on flowers. Jana worries that she making everyone run late bc she wants everything to be perfect. Abbie wants a pink and glitter makeup and a sparkly dress. JD says glitter gives him "the yucks" but he's more of a glitter guy now.

Tyle & Jackson TH: glitter is gross & girly, it doesn't wash off.

Jeremy is vacuuming the carpet in the church, but the vacuum is making weird marks on the carpet. Jinger says he's gonna have to scrub the carpet on his hands and knees.

Joseph is JD's best man and he's very honored. There's a 5 year difference between them, but they've become closer over the years. Pictures are behind schedule (shocker), but Laura planned for that.

Abbie reveals her dress to her bridesmaids and she feels like a princess. It's nice to see how happy she is with her dress. 

The howlers planned a prank where a drone brings in the ring. Joseph is in on it, but JAbbie have no idea. THEY'RE DOING THIS B/C JOHN IS A PILOT. SINCE WHEN???

Abbie thought she would not get married since she has a career that she loves (apparently she can't have both) and she was getting...older...wtf

JD is no longer a 'Bachelor to the Rapture' but he said another brother can take that title. Jana says Abbie completes John. The photographer tells the groomsman to make a blue steel face.

Zoolander TH: nobody has heard of it except Jeremy and maybe Ben. But they all try making the Blue Steel face??? So maybe they showed them a clip, idk. 

JB does the mandatory tell everyone about how JAbbie met. John nods and makes noises. I'm pretty sure he remembers what happened, since, ya know, he was there. Michelle thinks Abbie is so sweet. Groundbreaking.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

TH Q: would any siblings ever elope?

With all the crap Jana has done for her siblings weddings, I'm sure she wishes they would just elope.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 23

Anyone else laugh at the extremes the camera guys had to go to to avoid showing Josh or Zach on film? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic