IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

My takeaways from this episode 

1) JD is trolling us and his family. He has to be. 

2) TLC has gotten really good filming around the non-players. There were two more certificates in Michelle’s hands after everyone else had gotten one. 

3) Austin and Joy are over the show. I am waiting for one word answers from them. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Had a short look on yt. I cannot remember Abby’s eyebrows looking like that... what did she do? 

I feel like they are all trolling us. All those sexual remarks? No one can be that sheltered?

Abby and JD are so annoying. How could she sit there letting him talk down about how she “just” got her pay check. She is by far the biggest disappointment in terms of all the „Uhhhh this one is so differnh bla bla bla“. Lauren wasn’t nearly as awful.

Jessa and Ben are just boring at that point. They are probably absolutely fine but their life just isn’t in any way interesting and Jessa seems to has lost her snark completely. 

Kendra still seems to be pretty giggly and positive while Joe comes across as pretty dull and dimwit. But who knows, he could be a funny dry guy in private. But it’s her character that carries them in public. 

Josiah and Lauren are such try hards. The most romantic, the most suffering, the most grown up. 

Honestly, if I had to spend time with one or two of them I‘d pick Austin and Joy. They seem pretty over the set up activities. Or Ben, probably the only one that could understand a good argument even if it goes against his personal believes. 

4 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

My takeaways from this episode 

1) JD is trolling us and his family. He has to be. 

2) TLC has gotten really good filming around the non-players. There were two more certificates in Michelle’s hands after everyone else had gotten one. 

3) Austin and Joy are over the show. I am waiting for one word answers from them. 

To the bold: Josh and Anna’s kids were there, so they probably were part of it too.

• Upvote 12

Ugh to Jessa opening up emotionally after marriage.  These people are insane. 

And yuck yuck yuck to a "no peck rule."  My husband and I were just sick for two weeks and all we did was peck.  I am positive that mucusy coughing and slobbering all over each other is not romantic.  

• Upvote 27

On 10/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, DalmatianCat said:

And it was great that Austin seemed over the competing for a prize on a date and for whatever reason declined the outing. I know I’m in the minority but he and Joy seem well-suited to each other.

I agree. They seem very well-suited for each other. It's funny that I think this because I don't really like Joy Anna but I like Austin

• Upvote 4

Jim Bob and Michelle went on and on about babysitting all the grandkids (they did not once mention that Hannie and Jenny were helping) and the M's were featured heavily, so I'm sure Josh and Anna were part of the romantic date game too.  My guess for the 6th certificate is the new courting couple.  I do have to hand it to Jim Bob for running around with the kids to tire them out. 

The answers to the "what flavor bon bon would your spouse be?" question were beyond boring and so uncreative.  All of them, the sweetest one, etc. etc. blah blah   

Even though it was kind of lame idea, I thought the questions each couple had to answer was actually the most interesting part of the show.  It gave a little bit of insight into their real lives.  Ben saying they need to be more organized with their finances for example.  Jessa saying she's frugal about restaurants, but spends a lot on birthday and shower gifts.  Jabbie somewhat explaining how Abbie has to get used to JD being self-employed and not bringing home a regular pay check.   (Nobody mentioned the show money when talking about finances though.)  Siren talking about how the miscarriage really strained their marriage. The through sickness and health marriage vow was mentioned.  Lauren kept saying how Josiah had to love her through sickness, and saying how sick she was.  I thought that was pretty interesting that she referred to it as sickness.  Then Josiah described it as sorrow.  Kendra and Joe explaining that they are more themselves when they are alone.  Kendra seemed a little off this episode to me.  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

I really have not watched for a long time.  I get my news from recaps here.  It is really telling that there is only a page and a half for this new episode/season.....Things are really slowing down for them all around on FJ. Jana courting may revive them for a little while!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

3. I still can't really figure Jessa out.  I thought she'd be one to be more independent and break away more but she's really ensconced pretty firmly in their little family cult.  

I think Jessa just really loves her family, as with the 3 other oldest girls, they are very attached to Michelle. As I think Josh, JD, & Joe are very attached to JB. I don't think JB & M got completely overwhelmed until about 14 months after Joy was born, when M had her 2nd set of twins, and that caused all hell to break loose. 

Think about this, Joy was only 14 months old & Si was 28 months old when Jed & Jere were born.  I think of how crazy MY life was with ONE 27 month old and a newborn, she had a 28 month old, a 1 year old, TWIN newborns, and 7 older children.  Why they thought having MORE children after that was a good idea, I don't know, but they went on to have 8 more kids.

Joy was truly the 1st "extra" child, the one they had no time for and was left to the care of siblings. All of them from Joy to Jordyn were just numbers for years.  Joy was married off before numbers, in the TTH, started to dwindle down to children under 18.  Jed, Jer, Jason, James & Justin were also kind of lost in the shuffle being older and not in need of as much supervision, because, boys. That group of Josiah, Joy, Jed, Jer, Jason & James, is really the group that got screwed in the parental affection group. The rest of them seem to be having some real time with mom and dad either as young children or older adolescents/teens.

Not to keep rambling but I do wonder if JB & M saw all the criticism of Cinderjana and how little they were doing as parents with all the kids THEY choose to have, and stepped back up. I also wonder if M's spaced outness wasn't the crazy ass throws of menopause and she's come out the other-side, She actually seemed alert and interested in what was going on, even if it was just for the cameras I don't know.  As a women in the throws of her own personal summer and the insanity of menopause, I and kind of get it, but I also didn't CHOOSE to have 19 kids either. 

TL;DR Jessa loves her family and wants to stay, Michelle looked alert and invested in her family again. And the ever  present, they had about 12 kids more than they could emotionally care for.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

My take-aways:

All of the interactions with JD and Abby made me want to vomit.

If the Sex Pest's kids were around and featured for this idiotic premise, it seems like Sam and Izzy could have been included in the whirlwind of cousins? maybe Derdick won't let them be filmed. I bet SexPest has worked out being paid for showing his spawn.

They teased Jessa's labor as part of an upcoming episode. I saw Ivy's birth snippet on TLC.com. Jill basically narrates. I'm interested to see how that works....

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Ugh to Jessa opening up emotionally after marriage.  These people are insane. 

They definitely are insane, but in a way it's interesting to hear her admit that she didn't feel comfortable expressing her emotions towards Ben, especially in contrast with the over-the-top lovey-doveyness of, say, Jinger towards Jeremy. If only she could then take the next step, realize that it was her upbringing that stunted her emotional growth, and start to criticize it.

And part of me would hope JD is taking the piss out of the show, but then I remember how Jim Bob dry humped Michelle on a golf course and it's like......these people probably just lack the self-awareness to realize that this kind of showboating sex talk is Weird.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think Jessa just really loves her family, as with the 3 other oldest girls, they are very attached to Michelle. As I think Josh, JD, & Joe are very attached to JB. I don't think JB & M got completely overwhelmed until about 14 months after Joy was born, when M had her 2nd set of twins, and that caused all hell to break loose. 

Think about this, Joy was only 14 months old & Si was 28 months old when Jed & Jere were born.  I think of how crazy MY life was with ONE 27 month old and a newborn, she had a 28 month old, a 1 year old, TWIN newborns, and 7 older children.  Why they thought having MORE children after that was a good idea, I don't know, but they went on to have 8 more kids.

Joy was truly the 1st "extra" child, the one they had no time for and was left to the care of siblings. All of them from Joy to Jordyn were just numbers for years.  Joy was married off before numbers, in the TTH, started to dwindle down to children under 18.  Jed, Jer, Jason, James & Justin were also kind of lost in the shuffle being older and not in need of as much supervision, because, boys. That group of Josiah, Joy, Jed, Jer, Jason & James, is really the group that got screwed in the parental affection group. The rest of them seem to be having some real time with mom and dad either as young children or older adolescents/teens.

Not to keep rambling but I do wonder if JB & M saw all the criticism of Cinderjana and how little they were doing as parents with all the kids THEY choose to have, and stepped back up. I also wonder if M's spaced outness wasn't the crazy ass throws of menopause and she's come out the other-side, She actually seemed alert and interested in what was going on, even if it was just for the cameras I don't know.  As a women in the throws of her own personal summer and the insanity of menopause, I and kind of get it, but I also didn't CHOOSE to have 19 kids either. 

TL;DR Jessa loves her family and wants to stay, Michelle looked alert and invested in her family again. And the ever  present, they had about 12 kids more than they could emotionally care for.

I was thinking about this last night in yet another bout of insomnia. Michelle had 19 living children in 21 years and 9 months time. That right there is mind boggling. A group of researchers should literally study her, both mentally and physically. Crazy, I’m telling you! 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3

I didn't actually think too much of Jessa's comments about opening up more after marriage. I'm really not into all the lovey dovey sappy over emotional wahoo of relationships but Mr. May can be. For Jessa and Ben it may have just been something that she learned to become more comfortable with as their relationship progressed and marriage was part of that progression. It sounds like Jessa's love language might be recieving/giving gifts and Ben's is more words or something like that and marriage just helped them understand that more about one another. 

John and Abby's whole thing was just blech. The no peck rule is ridiculous and the talk about slathering it on was gross. I hope they learn quickly that a relationship that is all fire and passion isn't always a healthy one. I did find the conversation about finances interesting though I would have liked to hear more about how they are navigating that. 

Lauren and Josiah... Lauren just grates on me. And I feel terrible because I always end up feeling like I'm picking on her. But I just get this impression that every scene with her becomes all about her, I can't explain it. The vow thing was interesting having never experienced pregnancy loss I wasn't aware of how sick a chemical pregnancy or 5 week loss could make you but she made it sound terrible (didn't she also say in an earlier episode that Siah had to take care of her and carry her around the house?) It also seemed interesting that she saw it in terms of *her* sickness while Siah saw it in terms of *their* sadness. 

Joe and Kendra just seem comfortable with one another and life. It was a cute date idea and seemed fairly understated and fun. Kendra seems like she accepts the cameras but isn't overly in love with them/isn't super comfortable with it. 

The grandkids biting each other made me laugh. Michelle seems healthy and happy. Jeremy bugs me but his comment about why would you be afraid in Arkansas? You either land in a sheep field or cow field was funny. 

• Upvote 17

44 minutes ago, LacyMay said:

Lauren and Josiah... Lauren just grates on me. And I feel terrible because I always end up feeling like I'm picking on her. But I just get this impression that every scene with her becomes all about her, I can't explain it. The vow thing was interesting having never experienced pregnancy loss I wasn't aware of how sick a chemical pregnancy or 5 week loss could make you but she made it sound terrible (didn't she also say in an earlier episode that Siah had to take care of her and carry her around the house?) It also seemed interesting that she saw it in terms of *her* sickness while Siah saw it in terms of *their* sadness. 

I remember when Lauren was introduced and throughout their courtship, engagement, and wedding Jessa mentioned multiple times that Lauren and her family were so sweet. “So sweet” “the sweetest people ever” “they’re the sweetest couple” “It was my favorite wedding” etc.

I’ve always been curious about that because Kendra and her entire family seem like incredibly sweet people and they were never described and gushed over like the Swansons. It also seemed odd to announce a favorite wedding only nine months after another brother married (personally I liked Kendra’s wedding better. Lauren’s theme was fine but hearing Miss Cindy say she planned it around Lauren’s dead childhood horse was weird.)

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Dead horse themed wedding?  Sounds like Lauren may have a very unhealthy obsession/relationship with death. 

Maybe this is why the very early miscarriage she suffered has hit her so hard? There is something very off about her, maybe it is just her young age, whatever it is, having a dozen babies isn't going to fix it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 19

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Lauren’s theme was fine but hearing Miss Cindy say she planned it around Lauren’s dead childhood horse was weird.

Oh my, that’s odd. It’s the first time I hear about their wedding theme being a dead horse, and as much as I love animals, even typing that sentence is weird. I feel like there are a few things that shouldn’t go together in a sentence, and “wedding theme” and “dead horse” definitely belong in this category. 

Jokes aside, a deep faith can either help people with feeling secure and at peace with the inevitable circle of life and death - but the opposite can also be true. I might be totally off, but there could be a connection between Lauren’s inability to get over death and loss and the focus on the crucifixion, the death of martyrs, the whole idea of needing to be saved to go to heaven she was raised with... 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 15

4 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Oh my, that’s odd. It’s the first time I hear about their wedding theme being a dead horse, and as much as I love animals, even typing that sentence is weird. I feel like there are a few things that shouldn’t go together in a sentence, and “wedding theme” and “dead horse” definitely belong in this category. 

Jokes aside, a deep faith can either help people with feeling secure and at peace with the inevitable circle of life and death - but the opposite can also be true. I might be totally off, but there could be a connection between Lauren’s inability to get over death and loss and the focus on the crucifixion, the death of martyrs, the whole idea of needing to be saved to go to heaven she was raised with... 

It’s been awhile since I watched the episode, so for the record Miss Cindy said she asked Lauren about her special childhood memories and Lauren said it was riding her horse named Princess. I can’t remember if the horse was still living, but since it’s never made an appearance on the show it does seem as though the family no longer owns the horse (maybe the horse is alive somewhere and I’m misremembering).

Anyway, that’s how Miss Cindy came up with the Fairy Tale theme. I have no problems with the theme. Every girl should have the theme she wants and my own wedding was very princess-y/fairy tale. I just thought justifying it based off a horse was incredibly odd. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Dead horse themed wedding?  Sounds like Lauren may have a very unhealthy obsession/relationship with death. 

Is she obsessed with death, or does she just like to beat dead horses?

Then there's Derdick like to sled over living cats... what's with this family's terrible treatment of animals?!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/17/2019 at 9:08 AM, freshlemonade said:

Even though it was kind of lame idea, I thought the questions each couple had to answer was actually the most interesting part of the show.  It gave a little bit of insight into their real lives.  Ben saying they need to be more organized with their finances for example.  Jessa saying she's frugal about restaurants, but spends a lot on birthday and shower gifts.  Jabbie somewhat explaining how Abbie has to get used to JD being self-employed and not bringing home a regular pay check.   (Nobody mentioned the show money when talking about finances though.)  Siren talking about how the miscarriage really strained their marriage. The through sickness and health marriage vow was mentioned.  Lauren kept saying how Josiah had to love her through sickness, and saying how sick she was.  I thought that was pretty interesting that she referred to it as sickness.  Then Josiah described it as sorrow.  Kendra and Joe explaining that they are more themselves when they are alone.  Kendra seemed a little off this episode to me.  

I also actually enjoyed this part because it *was* staged, admittedly (in the context of the whole staged romance competition LMFAO) but it was the most real answers we've gotten from CO in awhile, i think. Mundane things like daily spending, lol. Of course SiRen talked about the miscarriage, it was very understandably the biggest thing that had happened in their marriage, and traumatic. Lauren mentions how sick she was and how Si doted on her - miscarriages at any stage can be miserable and painful, your body is physically trying to expel a part of itself. Honestly how she describes it makes me wonder though, if she was experiencing some hard somatic manifestations of depression (she's talked about extreme fatigue, how exhausted she was, barely able to get out of bed or around the house, cramping and hurting) that due to the extreme fundie culture she wasn't able to manifest in any other way. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

It’s been awhile since I watched the episode, so for the record Miss Cindy said she asked Lauren about her special childhood memories and Lauren said it was riding her horse named Princess. I can’t remember if the horse was still living, but since it’s never made an appearance on the show it does seem as though the family no longer owns the horse (maybe the horse is alive somewhere and I’m misremembering).

Anyway, that’s how Miss Cindy came up with the Fairy Tale theme. I have no problems with the theme. Every girl should have the theme she wants and my own wedding was very princess-y/fairy tale. I just thought justifying it based off a horse was incredibly odd. 

But that doesn’t make the wedding themed around a dead horse??? It’s sounds more like desperate excuse because there obviously has to be a wedding theme (because the theme wedding isn’t good enough. Can you guess that I think most wedding themes are ridiculous?).

She had a nice childhood memory and they fabricated a princess theme from it. That’s all.

• Upvote 5

I watched the newest Counting On episode, so you don't have to. I split the summary by story line rather than doing it as it was aired.

JinJer visit LA:

Spoiler
  • They're going on a hike to the Hollywood sign. Jeremy's wearing the baby carrier w/ Felicity (5mos) - she's a happy baby.
  • They're thinking about moving to San Fernando Valley. 
  • Jinger decided to wear pants on the hike, thought it would be best. Says she wears pants because that's "where the Lord has led me as of now." TH with Michelle: She says she was transformed at age 15 to dress modestly. Tells the bikini story, again. She dressed the daughters in dresses because that was her personal conviction. Jinger says that she discussed wearing pants with her parents before hand and says she is grateful for their guidance. Michelle says that she knows all of her children are walking with the Lord and have different convictions.
  • JinJer meet up with Cade and Gabby (from American Idol) at the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Jeremy and Cade became friends by messaging each other online. Cade says he and Jeremy has similar theological backgrounds. Jeremy sees Alice Cooper's star and mentions he's a Christian. Jinger doesn't really know who Lionel Richie is. Jeremy used to love the Backstreet Boys and always sings their songs. Jinger didn't really know them until she met Jeremy. 
  • Venice Beach: Jinger says the culture there is a lot different than AR or Laredo. It's Felicity's first time at the beach. She seems excited. Cade and Gabby sing a Amazing Grace, Cade plays guitar.

JAbbie's Finland Honeymoon, Part 1

Spoiler
  • They're going on their honeymoon 3 months after their wedding. They waited because they didn't want to be cooped up in an airplane for 24 hours right after being married.
  • They learn that they run on different schedules. John is an evening person, Abbie is a morning person. Abbie is teaching John how to cook and about nursing.
  • They go on a 'reindeer safari' at a reindeer farm. They ride in some sleighs. John's reindeer was quite stubborn. They get on some skis (Abbie has never skied before) and are pulled by a reindeer. This on flat ground, don't worry. They race and Jeremy says that whoever got Dasher would be the winner (ha. ha). John wins.
  • Next, they visit the White Cathedral. That's it. That's the story. The other couples do a TH about their favorite part of their honeymoons, but it's not really worth summarizing. They're going to Lapland next and are going to stay in a snow hotel.
  • John is ridiculously cringy and cheesy the entire episode.  

Howlers' (Jed, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin) Road Trip

Spoiler
  • Jed and his brothers own a car lot, he found 3 almost new limos in Philadelphia, PA that he wants to buy and drive back to AR to sell (personal note: my understanding is that limos have awful gas mileage. Wouldn't have it been cheaper to pay a truck to haul them back???)
  • JB thinks Jed will be able to sell them to a funeral home or a large family (hurr hurr)
  • Jed didn't think he needed to test drive the limos, he just buys them after looking at them. They run into problems after about 3 hours. Tires need air, brakes, etc. They pull over when one of the limo's engine light comes on and it's leaking oil. Now, it won't start. Josiah says in a TH it's not a good road trip without a break down.
  • This is a risk when by used cars, Jer says. He smugly says it's to be expected and he's sure everything will be fine. They find the problem (apparently) and are back on the road.
  • Day 2, they go through a Dunkin Donuts drive thru and talk about how much attention they're getting. They stop at a RV park in Missouri and are gonna sleep in the limos. Joy talks about her and the 5 boys under her have always been close. Poor Jackson isn't mentioned. Jed says this might be the last time they might all have the chance to do a trip like this. Jed says either him or Jer could have a courtship coming up. They're hinting at Jed being in a relationship, but nothing is actually said. It'll prob be Jed or Jason next. Jed says Jana has a lot of guys interested in her.
  • JB & Michelle have a TH about what courtship is vs dating. Same song and dance. The howlers talk about what they want in a spouse. Nothing surprising.
  • Jana wants someone who is mature and established. She doesn't really feel pressured to get married and it would be depressing to just sit around. Jana says she has never been in a courtship, but she has gotten to know a few guys. Abbie said she felt discouraged sometimes b/c she married later than her peers.
  • Day 3, they make it to the car lot safe. It was a great experience.

Stupid TH questions

Spoiler
  • Benessa: have taken their kids on an 'urban hike' in New York. That's the only hiking they do.
  • No one knows who the Backstreet Boys are (Joy, Abbie, Kendra, etc). Austin knows them.
  • How many reindeer did Santa have? Only Lauren can name them all.
  • What is Finland know for? Pretty much everyone mentions that it's cold/icy. Ben says scissors bc his mom had a really good pair of scissors from Finland.

Next week: Benessa find out the sex of their baby, JAbbie's continued honeymoon, Lauren talks about her grief after losing Asa.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 33

Thank you @llg1234!  It sounds like there was no Michelle telling Jinger she's a heathen for wearing pants.  So, in that sense, I am happy for Jinger.  I'm sad that Jinger felt she had to seek her mom's guidance first but happy she made the decision that is right for her.

• Upvote 15

I dyed my hair pink when I was 17, right before my last semester of highschool. I had friends who said they were surprised my mom let me do it. That was the first time I had even considered that my mom would have an opinion about my hair color! And I'm from an evangelical Christian family.

The idea of consulting your mom about wearing pants when you are an adult is just bananas. 

I don't remember the last time I watched a Duggar tlc episode. They sound boring AF. My husband and I have gotten suckered into Unexpected on TLC because they put it in between two versions of 90 day fiance!

• Upvote 25

1 hour ago, llg1234 said:

I watched the newest Counting On episode, so you don't have to. I split the summary by story line rather than doing it as it was aired.

JinJer visit LA:

Hide contents
  • They're going on a hike to the Hollywood sign. Jeremy's wearing the baby carrier w/ Felicity (5mos) - she's a happy baby.
  • They're thinking about moving to San Fernando Valley. 
  • Jinger decided to wear pants on the hike, thought it would be best. Says she wears pants because that's "where the Lord has led me as of now." TH with Michelle: She says she was transformed at age 15 to dress modestly. Tells the bikini story, again. She dressed the daughters in dresses because that was her personal conviction. Jinger says that she discussed wearing pants with her parents before hand and says she is grateful for their guidance. Michelle says that she knows all of her children are walking with the Lord and have different convictions.
  • JinJer meet up with Cade and Gabby (from American Idol) at the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Jeremy and Cade became friends by messaging each other online. Cade says he and Jeremy has similar theological backgrounds. Jeremy sees Alice Cooper's star and mentions he's a Christian. Jinger doesn't really know who Lionel Richie is. Jeremy used to love the Backstreet Boys and always sings their songs. Jinger didn't really know them until she met Jeremy. 
  • Venice Beach: Jinger says the culture there is a lot different than AR or Laredo. It's Felicity's first time at the beach. She seems excited. Cade and Gabby sing a Amazing Grace, Cade plays guitar.

JAbbie's Finland Honeymoon, Part 1

Hide contents
  • They're going on their honeymoon 3 months after their wedding. They waited because they didn't want to be cooped up in an airplane for 24 hours right after being married.
  • They learn that they run on different schedules. John is an evening person, Abbie is a morning person. Abbie is teaching John how to cook and about nursing.
  • They go on a 'reindeer safari' at a reindeer farm. They ride in some sleighs. John's reindeer was quite stubborn. They get on some skis (Abbie has never skied before) and are pulled by a reindeer. This on flat ground, don't worry. They race and Jeremy says that whoever got Dasher would be the winner (ha. ha). John wins.
  • Next, they visit the White Cathedral. That's it. That's the story. The other couples do a TH about their favorite part of their honeymoons, but it's not really worth summarizing. They're going to Lapland next and are going to stay in a snow hotel.
  • John is ridiculously cringy and cheesy the entire episode.  

Howlers' (Jed, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin) Road Trip

Hide contents
  • Jed and his brothers own a car lot, he found 3 almost new limos in Philadelphia, PA that he wants to buy and drive back to AR to sell (personal note: my understanding is that limos have awful gas mileage. Wouldn't have it been cheaper to pay a truck to haul them back???)
  • JB thinks Jed will be able to sell them to a funeral home or a large family (hurr hurr)
  • Jed didn't think he needed to test drive the limos, he just buys them after looking at them. They run into problems after about 3 hours. Tires need air, brakes, etc. They pull over when one of the limo's engine light comes on and it's leaking oil. Now, it won't start. Josiah says in a TH it's not a good road trip without a break down.
  • This is a risk when by used cars, Jer says. He smugly says it's to be expected and he's sure everything will be fine. They find the problem (apparently) and are back on the road.
  • Day 2, they go through a Dunkin Donuts drive thru and talk about how much attention they're getting. They stop at a RV park in Missouri and are gonna sleep in the limos. Joy talks about her and the 5 boys under her have always been close. Poor Jackson isn't mentioned. Jed says this might be the last time they might all have the chance to do a trip like this. Jed says either him or Jer could have a courtship coming up. They're hinting at Jed being in a relationship, but nothing is actually said. It'll prob be Jed or Jason next. Jed says Jana has a lot of guys interested in her.
  • JB & Michelle have a TH about what courtship is vs dating. Same song and dance. The howlers talk about what they want in a spouse. Nothing surprising.
  • Jana wants someone who is mature and established. She doesn't really feel pressured to get married and it would be depressing to just sit around. Jana says she has never been in a courtship, but she has gotten to know a few guys. Abbie said she felt discouraged sometimes b/c she married later than her peers.
  • Day 3, they make it to the car lot safe. It was a great experience.

Stupid TH questions

Hide contents
  • Benessa: have taken their kids on an 'urban hike' in New York. That's the only hiking they do.
  • No one knows who the Backstreet Boys are (Joy, Abbie, Kendra, etc). Austin knows them.
  • How many reindeer did Santa have? Only Lauren can name them all.
  • What is Finland know for? Pretty much everyone mentions that it's cold/icy. Ben says scissors bc his mom had a really good pair of scissors from Finland.

Next week: Benessa find out the sex of their baby, JAbbie's continued honeymoon, Lauren talks about her grief after losing Asa.

Thanks for that.  It is interesting that Jackson isn't lumped in with the rest of the howlers... he's not that much younger than Justin.  I wonder if they wanted to make sure Tyler had a male buddy or if there's something more to it (like Jackson has some more challenging behavior/ maturity issues and the older guys or parents aren't sure he's ready for that sort of road trip yet). 

Also- I'm going to throw this out here because I don't know where else to put it (maybe the general Duggar thread?) One of the reddit Rodrigues threads the other day actually made me think of this - they had a throwback photo of the time that the Rods crashed Jinger's wedding with a pic of Kendra's family and the picture of her little brothers made me think about how close in age her 3 middle brothers are to the 4 lost girls... I wonder if there's any chance of a future matchup with any of them down the road.  Just bringing that up since we're always talking about Lauren C and Jed or Jer as a possibility.

• Upvote 6

thoughts -

1) are JinJer trying to piggyback on Cade/Gabby's American Idol D-list status? are Cade/Gabby trying to ride on JinJer's D-list status? Are they just all weird and fundie together? Also I hadn't realized but Cade is only 23 and Gabby 19, JinJer are ancient in comparison...

2) CO is all the "adult children" but here we are on 19kac again.....with JB and J'chelle, the adolescent boys (by golly we couldn't split the howlers up even though they're not all of-age....lol).....eugh. wow they hinted HARD at Jed being next.....so I'm gonna make a wild guess and say that Jason falls in love with the girl manning the drive-through they stopped at & they live happily ever after xD 

3) i skipped the honeymoon bits. 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Thanks for that.  It is interesting that Jackson isn't lumped in with the rest of the howlers... he's not that much younger than Justin.  I wonder if they wanted to make sure Tyler had a male buddy or if there's something more to it (like Jackson has some more challenging behavior/ maturity issues and the older guys or parents aren't sure he's ready for that sort of road trip yet).

I'm not sure what the deal is with Jackson.  He seemed much closer to Johannah than Justin when he was little, and just doesn't appear to be a full-fledged howler.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic