IGNORED

Counting On Season 8/9/10 3: Another Wedding, Another Ms. Renee Dress

Coconut Flan
nelliebelle1197
Message added by nelliebelle1197

Hey friends! Let's keep the raid talk here

That way no one misses any dirt! Happy digging!

In her defense, and I know she needs a really good one, I graduated from college in 94 and remember hearing about The backstreet Boys and NSYNC. I was not a fan of either one, and if you gave me a list of names and asked me to sort them into the correct band I couldn't do it although I have heard of both bands.

It's kind of like the fun my brother has with me. a song that I like is playing in my car and I can sing along and I know the lyrics but don't ask me who sings it! He loves to tease me about this.

Can't believe I just defended a Dugger.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

Can't Believe the Duggars darkened the doorstep of Philadelphia. 

I believe Jeremy's family lives somewhere near Philly, bu yeah, still . . .

I love your location, @Anna Bolinas!  Fellow Phillies fan here, right now watching the horrifying prospect of the Nats winning the World Series.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I believe Jeremy's family lives somewhere near Philly, bu yeah, still . . .

I love your location, @Anna Bolinas!  Fellow Phillies fan here, right now watching the horrifying prospect of the Nats winning the World Series.  

I will see your Phillies and raise you the Cleveland Indians. Both have only won two World Series, but the Phillies most recently won in 2008 and Cleveland won in 1948.

• Love 3

14 minutes ago, Pibblesmiles said:

My hometown team is the only team in MLB to have never been to the World Series!

At least you have a successful football team.

My youngest sisters were in middle school when NSYNC hit it big. I already knew Lance was gay back then. I understand why he kept it a secret. I am VERY guilty about missing out on pop culture. Never watched Friends or Grey's Anatomy. Missed out on Game of Thrones.

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

78 baby and NKOTB all the way.
I saw them as NKOTBSB kind of moved away from pop as BSB moved in but I do still like their music and contemplated going to their new lot of concerts based on liking them last time. 

Loved NKOTB. I even had the dolls/figures, bedsheets, so much with their faces on it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, artdecades said:

by that logic, anything is ok: sex, drinking, etc.

fundies are so hypocritical

Could be, sounds like they're being accepting of what their kids choose though, so I think that's good

• Upvote 1

SEVERELY old person here. Paul McCartney was my crush. Never thought about marrying him, just wanted to meet him. Actually, any Beatle would have worked.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Ayy, always good to have another Phillies fan around! God, I thought things were looking up when the Braves got eliminated, but unfortunately the Nationals have shown some real tenacity. I'm rooting for the Astros, but less because I care about them and more because I want the Nationals to lose lol. No offense to any DC people.

• I Agree 3

11 hours ago, LancetteShing99 said:

I also coudn't name a single Backstreet Boy. I know they are a band and that's it. I didn't know they still exist.

This was my daughter's absolute favorite boy band. Howie was her chosen one. They still perform together, were on GMA not too long ago. Their song "I want it that way" is played in stores a lot. The NSYNC Christmas album is my favorite. I'm 64. 

• Upvote 5

PibblesGirl the Younger's favorite boy band was Big Time Rush.  She watched their show on Nickelodeon religiously, and had a giant crush on Carlos.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Loved NKOTB. I even had the dolls/figures, bedsheets, so much with their faces on it. 

So did I! I was so crazy about them. I bought anything I could find with their names and/or faces on them. One of my mom's friends in Chicago went to a concert and Mom asked her to record it and mailed it to me. I watched it over and over. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, JMO said:

And he's definitely a sex pest.  They didn't want to travel for 24 hrs right after getting married so they waited 3 months?  Eww.  I definitely understand the new fundie honeymoon of going somewhere local for a few days and then traveling farther away but I've been to Finland.  It's not a short flight but they aren't going to Australia.  They can go the 16 hrs of travelling (I included waiting at the airport, possible changing flights and then getting to the hotel after they land).  Gross.  

Wait. . . What?? 

Is the common thought that not wanting to travel for 24 hours right after getting married was because they didn't want to keep their hands to themselves? Ewwww. 

I just assumed it was a biggish trip and they wanted to wait until the wedding stuff wore off/they had the house set up/were settled and into a routine etc. I would hate to come back from an international trip to a house filled with boxes.

• Upvote 15

I just wanted to chime in that I too am an 80s baby, and <3'ed BSB. 98 Degrees, N*Sync, were pale imitations ?

I had a massive crush on Brian. ?

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pibblesmiles said:

PibblesGirl the Younger's favorite boy band was Big Time Rush.  She watched their show on Nickelodeon religiously, and had a giant crush on Carlos.

My roommate and I stumbled upon Big Time Rush while we were in undergrad; Carlos was my favorite, too! He's now married to Alexa Vega from Spy Kids and they have two sons together.

• Upvote 2

'77 baby here. Bros and Take That were  my boy bands of the day, it hurts to admit that lol Luckily I swiftly moved on to the Stone Roses, Supergrass, Pulp, Oasis and Blur! I redeemed myself big time. I miss the '90's

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

My 14 and 40 year old self is soooo jealous!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

The NSYNC Christmas album is my favorite.

That album is THE BEST! I love their rendition of O Holy Night.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

That album is THE BEST! I love their rendition of O Holy Night.

I have found my people. It isn't officially Christmas time in my house until "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" is blaring from the speaker! And yes their version of O Holy Night is one of my favorites too.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Also funny that the only other one who had heard of them was Austin, lolz.

Maybe this was Austin's "rebellious" past that he's alluded to. BSB fanboy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 28
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

Maybe this was Austin's "rebellious" past that he's alluded to. BSB fanboy.

More likely Austin's older 1/2 siblings who aren't fundies, I think his older 1/2 sister would be a pretty good age to have been a BSB fan. 

• Upvote 7

I'm old, I know, but I hate boy bands, I've hated them since NKOTB, my younger sister LOVED NKOTB, still does, they were awful (IMO) Being more of an Alternative music fan the prefabricated overly produced boy band bubble gum pop of people like Brittney Spears, Debbie Gibson etc was like hell on earth. I say this realizing that my music would probably make other people want to spork their ears out, so you enjoy what you enjoy and don't mind my over here yelling at you to get off my lawn. 

As for the boy bands everything from New Kids to OD makes me roll my eyes, my DD LOVES/D OD, but since they broke up she's all about Harry Styles, that is her man and don't anyone dare tell her he sucks, she will cut you. I'm not kidding either, she's got about 6 different knives that she has collected that she carries for various forms of protection/use.  ? ?️ ? ?? 

• Upvote 2

1978 baby here, never had any time for Boy Bands, though when I was 18-19 I did see Robbie Williams a few times (my bro was a fan). He was amazing even though I didn't know any of the songs, or why people were waving lighters (Angels!). Growing up, I was way more into Guns 'n' Roses (Probably 'cos my big bro was) and had a huge crush on Axl Rose (oops). Also Nirvana (Kurt Cobain, swoon) REM, and we went to see Blur a couple of times (loved Damon Albarn). Basically, I'm stuck in the 80s as far as pop goes!
I was also a weird kid with weird crushes had a picture of  Axl Rose, Goran Ivanisovic, and several of Erwin Schroedinger plastered all over my text books. And some cute ones of Einstein, and a very sexy young Feynmann! (Also had a crush on my Physics teacher. Any guess about what I studies at Uni, lol!) Everyone else in my class had Mark Owen, Corey Haim(?) - there was another Corey people were into as well, Andre Agassi... It was the only time I hated being at a girls' school, way too many boy bands to even pretend to keep up with!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

"Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays"

This puts me in a holiday mood no matter how bah-humbug I feel. 

• Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic