IGNORED

Lori Alexander 62: A Few Fries Short of a Happy Meal- TRIGGER for child sexual abuse

When I think of my family members who hang on Lori's every word, I just want to retch.  And this Deanna chick!  No words.  I feel culturally illiterate that I do not use the Jewish word for Jesus Christ, yet somehow I do manage to string together enough words to make a coherent sentence.  What rock did she crawl out from under?  

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brava Foxytrot- Keep hammering the point home Lori! ???? Many women because they aren’t in a position to do this will come against what you’re saying. But it’s common sense! It makes no sense to pay a stranger thousands of dollars to raise / indoctrinate our kids with secular values while we go to work to save money and accumulate more material possessions!

Take the opportunity to teach your girls differently, and not repeat the same mistake!

Brava, not everyone is working to accumulate material possessions. There are good reasons to work and save money. Savings can be used for retirement or when unexpected shit happens. 

One of Lori's comments to the idiot Deanna. Aside from taxes, not all working women face work related expenses. In the past, Lori has claimed that working women spend a lot on work clothes, transportation costs, and work lunches. Some women probably do spend a lot on those things. But, not every woman is spending tons money for work. If you live close enough to your job, you might not be spending that much in gas money and plenty of women use public transportation which brings expenses down.

The Transformed Wife Deanna exactly! I encourage women to sit down and see how much they actually bring home after taxes and the expenses it takes to work are taken out of the paycheck. It's normally not worth it!

A woman posted about how her father had to work three jobs after her mother died.  Lori and Deanna's responses are dumb as fuck. The woman's father didn't remarry and Deanna probably doesn't realize that remarriage doesn't happen for every widow or widower. I also laughed at Deanna's response about mega churches and church leaders not helping. Based on Sammy Jo's comment about not getting assistance from the "town or church", I'm guessing they lived in a small town which probably meant the churches in their area were smaller and might have not had the resources to help families in need.  

Sammy Jo As a child, my brother and I had no choice but to be independent. We practically raised ourselves. My father had to work 3 jobs to support us or else we would be homeless and without necessities. Our mother was extremely ill and passed away. Family would step in here and there but not with consistency. Not every situation constitutes a mother or family member to stay home all day and raise their children. I understand the reasoning and the biblical views, but realistically we would have suffered and gone without a roof over our heads if my father had stayed home all day.

Deanna- Ruth and Naomi would also be somewhat of an example of fending for themselves....but the mother in law of Ruth had a mind to get her married off to Boaz....and fulfill prophecy....so yes Ruth worked in the fields but after she married Boaz.....don't think she was in the fields anymore.

Deanna- Sammy Jo what if you dad had married again???? You would have had a mother in the home sorta speak.

The Transformed Wife The exceptions don't negate God's commands. God's commands are perfect!

SammyJo Deanna In theory? Yes. But that did not happen.

SammyJo The Transformed Wife God's commands may be perfect but we did not recieve any assistance from the town or church. If God expected the three of us to be homeless, there would have been a good chance that my brother and I would have been placed in foster care and who knows what else.

Deanna - SammyJo NOW see these church LEADERS ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS.....we need to stop giving to these churches when they are not helping people in the communities they CLAIM TO SERVE!!!!!! ALL THESE MEGA CHURCHES COLLECTING TAX FREE MONEY and they could not help you ??????

28 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

When I think of my family members who hang on Lori's every word, I just want to retch.  And this Deanna chick!  No words.  I feel culturally illiterate that I do not use the Jewish word for Jesus Christ, yet somehow I do manage to string together enough words to make a coherent sentence.  What rock did she crawl out from under?  

I think she has been reading Lori's blog and FB for a long time. But, just recently decided to get on the comment train. She reminds me a bit of that annoying Lindy. I haven't seen Lindy in a long time on the FB. Was there some falling out between Lindy and Queen Lori?

42 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

She reminds me a bit of that annoying Lindy. I haven't seen Lindy in a long time on the FB. Was there some falling out between Lindy and Queen Lori?

I’ve wondered the same but now I’m starting to think she just changed her screen name to Margaret Gordon. ?

This weird “day of mourning” for abortion has me thinking I’ll wear red and go on a shopping spree tomorrow. 

Woe is me, I've been blocked from The Transformed Wife page on Facebook. Great job trying to convert the heathens to your infallible ideas, Lori. I'll try to pick up the pieces of my life and move forward, but it won't be easy...

8 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I think she has been reading Lori's blog and FB for a long time. But, just recently decided to get on the comment train. She reminds me a bit of that annoying Lindy. I haven't seen Lindy in a long time on the FB. Was there some falling out between Lindy and Queen Lori?

I vaguely remember Lindy commenting on a post that she was considering leaving FB. Around the same time she commented that she had recently experienced a challenging birth or was having some challenges in the newborn phase. I don’t know why and I definitely didn’t care for her and her attitude but I do hope it wasn’t related to PP depression or anxiety- especially considering her views and the content she likely followed. 

Margaret has referenced something about an unconverted husband (maybe he is still Catholic). If she’s trying to “win him” the way she responds on Lori’s page, she won’t. Or maybe it has become an outlet for her anger or frustration. 

*I am not suggesting Catholics aren’t Christian- that is what she referenced. Until recently on Lori’s pages, I had never heard anyone suggest the things I’ve seen there. I found my SIL’s full-mass Catholic wedding to be incredibly beautiful and moving. I think some of you here have tried to explain their reasoning but I still don’t understand that perspective. 

11 hours ago, FloraBama said:

I’m really curious as to how or if a response from Lori directly will occur. Will she ignore this comment? Delete it all together? 

I'm gonna go with delete.

I've seen comments like this before on Lori's FB where they bash men who probably can't comfortably support their families on one income and so the wives are out working as well. Also, Carmen probably doesn't get that some women also probably don't want their husbands working multiple jobs or they don't want to be struggling all the time trying to make it on one income.

Recently, another fangirl made a comment about how men in the millennial generation don't want to take care of their wives and families(aka having  the mom be SAHM). That fangirl also bashed millennial men as being lazy. Again, I think it comes down to some men just realizing that it's difficult to try and support a family on one income. Deanna's comment reminded me of that other fangirl's comment.  Yes, immature men do exist, but Deanna, Carmen and other fangirls are bashing men who are probably hard working, but still can't comfortably support their families on one income.

Carmen -It's not always possible for women to stay at home and fulfill this role. Unfortunately there are men out there that won't fully take care of their responsibilities and therefore not allowing their wives to be SAHM. And what about single moms? I'm sure most females would give anything to stay at home and raise their kids, but alas circumstances don't always allow.

Deanna -then those women are marrying the wrong type of man Carmen.....why are women marrying men who are still immature and have a child like mind????? Who raising the boys to be REAL MEN????

Richard -Wait so you want women to be solely dependent on men? What if after years of being together a dude starts beating the wife?(cough cough police wifes)

She cant leave because she has no skills to make money for herself- she can find another man to make all the money for both of them, but then she still isnt able to support her self and is back in the same cycle

I'm surprised this guy's comment is still up.  There were other comments yesterday regarding what women should do if they end up divorced and of course, that just led to Lori and other posters bashing women who get divorced.  Lori and her fangirls clearly want women to be solely dependent on men. There is nothing wrong with women who want to be SAHMs, but Lori and her ilk just don't get that it's difficult for many families to live on one income. Also from what I've seen some of her fangirls don't have college degrees or vocational/trade training. There have been other fangirls who have said they married very young and don't even have much work experience.  My take is that if someone wants to be a SAHM they should have a backup plan in place. 

49 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I've seen comments like this before on Lori's FB where they bash men who probably can't comfortably support their families on one income and so the wives are out working as well. Also, Carmen probably doesn't get that some women also probably don't want their husbands working multiple jobs or they don't want to be struggling all the time trying to make it on one income.

Recently, another fangirl made a comment about how men in the millennial generation don't want to take care of their wives and families(aka having  the mom be SAHM). That fangirl also bashed millennial men as being lazy. Again, I think it comes down to some men just realizing that it's difficult to try and support a family on one income. Deanna's comment reminded me of that other fangirl's comment.  Yes, immature men do exist, but Deanna, Carmen and other fangirls are bashing men who are probably hard working, but still can't comfortably support their families on one income.

Ugh. Maturity and immaturity has no bearing on the economic realities millennials face. Most of us (I’m on the old end of what’s traditionally thought of as “millennial”) work incredibly hard at our multiple jobs. Ridiculous. 

I’ve said this before but my dad wanted my mom to be a stay at home mom. They also didn’t want to be in debt so she worked part time. When he got sick and she had to go to work full time the experience she had from working part time all of those years helped her to get the full time job. 

I've mentioned this before but I was raised Church of God, then we went non-denom, then Assembly of God, now I'm a back pew Southern Baptist.  I attended a Catholic University, graduated summa cum laude.  My parents and I paid for my niece to attend a Catholic college where she graduated top of her class.  My preacher dad couldn't have been more proud of us and knew we were getting a great education.  He gladly wrote the checks for my niece's education. 

If you believe in Christ, you are a Christian.  I don't understand this theory that Catholics are not Christians; it's part of the narrow-minded ignorance of the fundi-ilk who think they have the only golden ticket to heaven.  My mom and I said that we were quasi-Catholic since we were raised in New Orleans with the heavy Catholic influence.  It's faith that gets you to heaven--not your marital status, how much you used your uterus like a clown car, how frugal you were or how many slimy salads you fed your family.

As a slightly fallen Catholic, I find that reprehensible too. Being asked if I’ve been “born again” is enough to make me want to foam at the mouth. No, frankly, once was enough for me.  Some of us got it right from the start. The whole “Good Person Test” has always baffled me. You mean, I don’t have to be a good person as long as I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior?  What does that even mean?  Somehow I think being a good person really does factor into salvation somewhere. 

But, like you, it’s that attitude that they have the ‘golden ticket’ and the rest of us are just pretenders that makes me craziest. And it’s not just them; I remember asking my mom how she could be so certain that Catholic’s were doing it right, and she pulled herself up tall and said, “Because ours is the one TRUE religion!!” She’s mellowed a lot with age (she’s 87), and the Catholic Church as a whole has gotten much more ecumenical, but I have to admit that she wasn’t thrilled when I spent part of my winter travels in Dubai studying the tenets of Islam and Thailand studying Buddhism. 

@HoneyyBunny It's faith plus living by the fruit of the spirit -- love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, kindness, etc.  So, agree, it does all go together where you have to live a good life as well as believing.  Lori doesn't teach that.  She teaches the "law of Lori" instead of the "law of God."  She will be stunned when she sees there are single people, working women, public-school educated people, those of all religions, all races, women preachers (who have a bigger crown and mansion than hers), all in heaven.  

Oh, and I forgot, women with advanced education will be there, too!

The thought of of being sole provider to a SAHM + handful of kids makes my husband panic. He told me he'd just be working his life away and he just didn't want to do that. He can't do it. Would he do it? Of course, because he's amazing. But I think it'd kill his mental health and hurt him physically. 

So the church decided to exert “discipline “- yet another unfamiliar concept. But instead, the couple opted against meeting with the church leaders and I would guess, left the church- possibly all churches. I can’t wrap my brain around the fact that these people don’t see the harm in their actions. 

C4848C06-A685-4FF2-A62A-FDA42781F5C4.png

52 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

As a slightly fallen Catholic, I find that reprehensible too. Being asked if I’ve been “born again” is enough to make me want to foam at the mouth. No, frankly, once was enough for me.  Some of us got it right from the start. The whole “Good Person Test” has always baffled me. You mean, I don’t have to be a good person as long as I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior?  What does that even mean?  Somehow I think being a good person really does factor into salvation somewhere. 

But, like you, it’s that attitude that they have the ‘golden ticket’ and the rest of us are just pretenders that makes me craziest. And it’s not just them; I remember asking my mom how she could be so certain that Catholic’s were doing it right, and she pulled herself up tall and said, “Because ours is the one TRUE religion!!” She’s mellowed a lot with age (she’s 87), and the Catholic Church as a whole has gotten much more ecumenical, but I have to admit that she wasn’t thrilled when I spent part of my winter travels in Dubai studying the tenets of Islam and Thailand studying Buddhism. 

I was baptized and confirmed Episcopalian. My ex-husband and his family were fairly serious Baptists and this was a constant point of contention that pissed. me. off.  I’ve been Baptized. I’ve been “saved.” I’m not letting someone dunk me in a swimming pool. I’m good, thanks, and my family’s traditions are just as important as yours. Been there, done that, got the heirloom Baptismal gown. 

43 minutes ago, EowynW said:

The thought of of being sole provider to a SAHM + handful of kids makes my husband panic. He told me he'd just be working his life away and he just didn't want to do that. He can't do it. Would he do it? Of course, because he's amazing. But I think it'd kill his mental health and hurt him physically. 

I think a lot of men would also panic at being the sole provider. I don't think there is anything with having concerns and not wanting to work a life away. Like I said before, a lot of the beliefs of Lori and her fangirls are pretty harmful to men as well. Sadly, some of the fangirls won't see it until it's too late. 

35 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

So the church decided to exert “discipline “- yet another unfamiliar concept. But instead, the couple opted against meeting with the church leaders and I would guess, left the church- possibly all churches. I can’t wrap my brain around the fact that these people don’t see the harm in their actions. 

C4848C06-A685-4FF2-A62A-FDA42781F5C4.png

The entitlement of churches like this, as if they have any right telling people how to live.

5 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I’ve said this before but my dad wanted my mom to be a stay at home mom. They also didn’t want to be in debt so she worked part time. When he got sick and she had to go to work full time the experience she had from working part time all of those years helped her to get the full time job. 

While I believe that Lori would have handed Ken the divorce papers pretty quickly if she would have been in your mother's situation, I think any of Lori's leghumpers will find themselve in a fucked up situation. The breadwinner unable to work and they won't work outside the house. They would be in for a very rude awakening that no amount of prayer alone and god will provide will solve for them.

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

You mean, I don’t have to be a good person as long as I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior?

Yeah, this one gets me too.  I always assumed that "accepting Jesus" involved not just sitting there feeling saved and self-satisfied, but also trying to actually follow His teaching.  A major theme of which is "don't be a jerk."

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Yes, but you also care about your husband as more than a paycheck, and want to see him live a good and happy life.  As far as Lori's concerned, you're doin' it wrong.

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

She will be stunned when she sees there are single people, working women, public-school educated people, those of all religions, all races, women preachers (who have a bigger crown and mansion than hers), all in heaven.  

You're kinder to her than I am; I have serious doubts that she'll see anyone at all in heaven.

Debi Pearl has a chapter in her book about older women who go mad after living in rebellion all of their lives. We are seeing this very thing happen.

What the everloving F is this foolishness?  Older women who go mad after living in rebellion all of their lives?  This sounds like something a 17th century Puritan would say.  I am dying to read this but I'm not about to give the Pearls any money.  Has anyone read this tripe?  

54 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I am dying to read this but I'm not about to give the Pearls any money.  Has anyone read this tripe? 

I read several of the Pearl books online for free. I don't remember where but I'll have a look around and I'll post a link if found.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived