IGNORED

Lori Alexander 62: A Few Fries Short of a Happy Meal- TRIGGER for child sexual abuse

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I had to bury my mother when I was 20 and my father when I was 23. Both got the cheapest option possible with the funeral home, because there was no other option financially possibly for me, wich meant cremation and burying in a group grave. A group grave is a special lawn on our local cementary, where you know that they are buried, but not the exact spot and without any markings for the buried. And it was no official funeral with a cascet or urn. My father's siblings tried to give me grief about that, but I was in school than, living on student aid and couldn't even affort the funeral he got. I made my peace with that and my father wouldn't had me to go into more debt for a funeral for people he was estranged of. This expierinces left me thinking about my own funeral when my time comes and I want to be buried in a "Friedwald". You are cremated, put in an compostable urn and put at the feet of a tree in a special forrest dedicated esp for that ( scattering the ashes is illegal in Germany). I like the idea that my remains will become one with a tree.

I think you know your father and his wishes much better than his siblings did, and I think you are right that he would not have wanted you to go into debt.

I intend to be cremated, I have always wanted my ashes to be spread over my beloved Texas. Preferably at the beach at Pt. A.  But I love the idea of the Friedwald.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Loveday said:

I've been pondering this social justice warrior thing since I read Lori's post this morning. Why is it that so many fundies we follow have such disdain for that term? Is there a meaning to the phrase that I'm not aware of? I always thought it meant someone who is actually concerned about their fellow humans. Someone who actually follows the meaning in @SongRed7's quotes here, whether they're Bible believers or not 

I mean, it's all literally straight from the Bible. So what's their problem? :(

In my book, Jesus was the first social justice warrior.

8 hours ago, Hane said:

I’m 66 too, and gotta get on this. I’ve spoken about my preferences with my daughter (my only child), but need to document everything—especially the playlist and humorous readings.

One of my sisters wants a big screen TV at her wake, with a continuous loop of Twilight Zone episodes. The other wants a casket labeled “Return to Sender.”

I had a cancer scare in the late summer/fall of 2014. While we waited to see what was going on, I didn't sleep much. I held my cats and gave thanks for my blessings. Part of those nights was planning out what music, BIble readings and readings from books I wanted. The middle part is my last gift to my husband.

One of my readings is from the late Rep. Barbara Jordan, who said in 1974 that her "faith in the Constitution is whole; it is complete; it is total. And I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction, of the Constitution."

I need to work up the courage to show my husband and send a copy to my church.

Today we are told to be a living sacrifice.  What has Lori ever sacrificed?  She hated working so she found a way to quit through deceit, she had a nanny and housekeeper, she buys whatever she wants, she lives in a $1 million plus home, she really has no responsibilities, and couldn't be bothered to cut short her vacation to be with her dying mother.  So in typical Lori fashion, it's good for everyone else, but not for her.  Oh, maybe she had to buy regular butter because the store was out of her special organic butter.  Tragedy!

Funeral...I want to be cremated, tossed in the ocean and baptized with a bottle of Patron. Then, there shall be a party. A BIG party with singing, dancing, serious alcohol and cannabis use, streaking, LOUD music and everybody talk about all the stupid shit I did. If anyone even THINKS of crying they have to do shots. 

On 2/26/2019 at 1:53 PM, Imrlgoddess said:

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I don't want people crying at my funeral.  My daughter has strict instructions:  cremate, coffee can urn, pub crawl.  I fear my obituary being short or boring.

She loves attention in life and apparently she wants that level of attention to continue beyond. 

My husband had similar desires.  Military honors, cremation, a "service" that involved everyone wearing hawaiian shirts and singing Beach Boys.  

When it came to planning his service a few weeks ago, I got overridden by his mother and the two brothers with hearts full of all the things they wanted to say and never said (because they're John Wayne types and real men don't talk about their feelings  with their brothers, ya know?  ?).  We ended up with a lovely, simple Jewish service that satisfied his family's expectations, if not his own.

The shock of the past month has shown me how amazing my local friends are, though, so I'm already planning a thank you for hand holding us through the first year party.  On his anniversary next year.  With hawaiian shirts.  And Beach Boys.  There may still be tears but we'll be ok.

5 minutes ago, OyHiOh said:

My husband had similar desires.  Military honors, cremation, a "service" that involved everyone wearing hawaiian shirts and singing Beach Boys.  

When it came to planning his service a few weeks ago, I got overridden by his mother and the two brothers with hearts full of all the things they wanted to say and never said (because they're John Wayne types and real men don't talk about their feelings  with their brothers, ya know?  ?).  We ended up with a lovely, simple Jewish service that satisfied his family's expectations, if not his own.

The shock of the past month has shown me how amazing my local friends are, though, so I'm already planning a thank you for hand holding us through the first year party.  On his anniversary next year.  With hawaiian shirts.  And Beach Boys.  There may still be tears but we'll be ok.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think an anniversary 'party' is an amazing idea.

Seems awkward to say after this, but... welcome to FJ! 

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think an anniversary 'party' is an amazing idea.

Seems awkward to say after this, but... welcome to FJ! 

I've been lurking without making a profile for years.  Not quite as far back at Yuku, but close ?

1 hour ago, OyHiOh said:

I've been lurking without making a profile for years.  Not quite as far back at Yuku, but close ?

I did suspect as much. :obscene-drinkingcheers:

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Funeral...I want to be cremated, tossed in the ocean and baptized with a bottle of Patron. Then, there shall be a party. A BIG party with singing, dancing, serious alcohol and cannabis use, streaking, LOUD music and everybody talk about all the stupid shit I did. If anyone even THINKS of crying they have to do shots. 

Same. There will be no funeral for me. For the adults in my life there will be a party with a shit ton of drunken stories - I don't even care who those stories are about. For the young people in my life (I volunteer), there will be some sort of amazing fun activity on a separate day - preferably before the drunk fest because I'm counting on sober friends to supervise. 

14 hours ago, Koala said:

Because they are advocating for all of the people the fundies are trying to opress.

And bingo! You have won the internet today. You can choose einkorn bread slathered with butter, or a cat food salad as your prize. 

When my sister and I were in ours 20s, our parents met with us in their home. They had us choose the things we wanted after they died. Over the years, as they have acquired various things (they restore antiques) they ask us if either one of us is interested. The will is adjusted each time. They wrote down what they want for a funeral - both will be cremated and no service. When both of them have passed away my sister and I know where they want their ashes spread - together. Their house will be sold and we will split the profit (their mortgage is paid). Everything is taken care of and while my sister and I are not inclined at all to argue about things, it will make this sad experience so much easier - a final gift from the people who loved us most.

Spoiler

This man  says that 'most liberals' don't know what an abortion looks like and don't want to because we're 'too squeamish.'

Well pal I know more about it than you do because I've had one. And no, it's not for the squeamish but then again nothing to do with birth, miscarriage or fertility really is. Not that this d%ckhead would have any idea. 

Also don't know how my remains got harvested for vaccines or whatever because my abortion, like all early medical abortions here, was performed at home ? 

Screenshot_20190228-075318__01.jpg

2 hours ago, cara said:
  Hide contents

This man  says that 'most liberals' don't know what an abortion looks like and don't want to because we're 'too squeamish.'

Well pal I know more about it than you do because I've had one. And no, it's not for the squeamish but then again nothing to do with birth, miscarriage or fertility really is. Not that this d%ckhead would have any idea. 

Also don't know how my remains got harvested for vaccines or whatever because my abortion, like all early medical abortions here, was performed at home ? 

Is that Christopher Hitchens’ brother? 

2 hours ago, cara said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Three examples of abortion in movie and television. First "If these walls could talk", the first part shows a home abortion with the woman bleeding to death. The third part an abortion clinic with the performing doctor shot to death by a radical pro-lifer. The british movie "Vera Drake" about a woman who performs abortions and being caught after one goes south. And the last is the british tv-show "Call the midwife" and they had 2 episodes featuring abortions. The first in the second season with a mother of 8 who couldn't affort another child, getting an abortion on her kitchentable and nearly dieing afterwarts on an infection thanks to unsterilised tools. And the second one in the fifth season. An unmarried teacher did a DIY abortion using a wire coathanger. She nearly bleed to death and lost her uterus because of that. Are that enough for one time Lori?

10 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Three examples of abortion in movie and television. First "If these walls could talk", the first part shows a home abortion with the woman bleeding to death. The third part an abortion clinic with the performing doctor shot to death by a radical pro-lifer. The british movie "Vera Drake" about a woman who performs abortions and being caught after one goes south. And the last is the british tv-show "Call the midwife" and they had 2 episodes featuring abortions. The first in the second season with a mother of 8 who couldn't affort another child, getting an abortion on her kitchentable and nearly dieing afterwarts on an infection thanks to unsterilised tools. And the second one in the fifth season. An unmarried teacher did a DIY abortion using a wire coathanger. She nearly bleed to death and lost her uterus because of that. Are that enough for one time Lori?

UK soap operas address the topic of abortion quite regularly. (Coronation St and Eastenders are both running storylines on the subject). So you can find the full spectrum of what abortion can be. Modern, safe medical termination as well as backstreet, as in the examples above. Lori etc probably wouldn't like either portrayal because the focus is on the woman as well as the baby. 

19 minutes ago, cara said:

UK soap operas address the topic of abortion quite regularly. (Coronation St and Eastenders are both running storylines on the subject). So you can find the full spectrum of what abortion can be. Modern, safe medical termination as well as backstreet, as in the examples above. Lori etc probably wouldn't like either portrayal because the focus is on the woman as well as the baby. 

I can't speak for german TV shows nowadays since I don't have a TV anymore and the little bit I watch is mostly netflix and prime and non-german productions. But I remember seing "If walls could talk" during the holiday afternoon programming on a public TV station years ago. It was also a topic a few times in popular daily soaps, but I can't say how they handled it, I was never the soap watcher. But abortion was a regular topic in popular youth magazines together with info where to get help when you are underage and pregnant.

4 hours ago, cara said:

Eh. In biology (Bible college, so, you know), we had to watch several abortion videos, all from the pro-life standpoint. Not gonna lie, they were gruesome**. But as anyone who's ever watched ANY medical procedure knows, there're a lot of procedures that aren't for the squeamish. Hell, I've had periods that weren't for the squeamish! 

I had a D&C after a missed miscarriage once. There was barely even any bleeding. Just emptiness, pain and sadness. 

These people can fuck right off. If I can't harvest one of his kidneys without his consent to put into someone dying of kidney failure, then he can't force a woman to act as life support for an embryo/fetus without her consent.

**Although I suspect they played up the "gruesome" part just a bit, like the whole thing about "The Silent Scream" being a scam. 

1 hour ago, cara said:

And Call the Midwife has shown the other end -- what illegal abortion can and does often look like.

4 hours ago, cara said:
  Hide contents

Ever hear of Dirty Dancing, Peter?

The last time I wore my Class A's was at my grandfather's funeral. He knew he was dying and had his funeral all planned out, chose his pallbearers, chose the hymns for his service, and asked that I wear my uniform. I was the only one of his granddaughters that he chose to carry his casket, so I was proud to wear whatever he chose. He wanted a 'celebration of life' rather than a funeral, but let me tell you, my most stoic cousin was sobbing at the gravesite.

Re: abortion- yesterday I had a customer at the thrift shop get a little preachy about 'damn libruls and abortion and the wall'. It was all I could do to bite my tongue so I didn't get fired from a volunteer gig. It's amazing how many men have self-righteous opinions about abortions, knowing that they will never have one.

"What ifs" are FORBIDDEN by God?  Really?

Spoiler

Because when Ken was here, he seemed pretty damn worried about the "what ifs".  In fact, he was worried that retirement would be a big "what if", if you kept spending money hand over fist, as you're prone to do.

How about this, Lori?  Have your cash cow husband cancel ALL forms of insurance.  Particularly any that would benefit YOU or maintain YOUR extravagant lifestyle, should he no longer be able to do so.  Insurance is a BIG "what if", after all, and according to your shameful twisting of the scriptures, forbidden by God.

But you won't do that, will you?  Because you think that YOU deserve to be kept in luxury, but your (often foolish) readers should just throw caution to the wind (in order to obey YOU and YOUR commands), and not worry about where their child's next meal is coming from or who will pay for a roof over their head.

Insurance for you= okay

Job to pay the bills for them= forbidden by God

Lori, you are a heretic and a pharisee.  You delight in the suffering of others.  You are a sick woman, and you should seek help.   

Lori and her ilks' heads would explode if they watched Call the Midwife. It's non-judgemental and features women working outside of the home. That's not even taking the occasional abortion story into consideration.

Lori is quoting The Tightwad Gazette today. Excuse me, I have to go burn my copies now.  :puke-huge:  

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Ever hear of Dirty Dancing, Peter?

Australian TV show Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries put a "back alley abortion" into their very first episode.  And they didn't shy away from the legal consequences of the time, or the physical impact on the young woman.  One of the side characters - a somewhat androgenous, possibly lesbian doctor - talks about the discreet ways she teaches women about birth control throughout the series.

Also, the extremely wholesome musical Quilters has an abortion scene (it's in act 2, called The Secret Drawer and you can find it on YouTube but all the warning apply.  It's a vivid scene) written in.  Actually, doing that scene is in large part responsible for me challenging most of the beliefs my high school tried to pound into me.  And we did it at a Catholic women's college, which makes that story even more interesting.

47 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Lori is quoting The Tightwad Gazette today. Excuse me, I have to go burn my copies now.  :puke-huge:  

She has been doing that for awhile. Several months ago, she was telling the fangirls to get copies.

35 minutes ago, OyHiOh said:

Also, the extremely wholesome musical Quilters has an abortion scene (it's in act 2, called The Secret Drawer and you can find it on YouTube but all the warning apply.  It's a vivid scene) written in.  Actually, doing that scene is in large part responsible for me challenging most of the beliefs my high school tried to pound into me.  And we did it at a Catholic women's college, which makes that story even more interesting.

I tried googling "quilters the secret drawer" but kept coming up with sites about actual quilting. Even adding the word "musical" didn't help. Can you tell a little more about it? It sounds interesting.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived