IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 4: Please Leave the Catholics Alone and Now Gestating

Coconut Flan

12 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I am wondering if they will approach their birth plans any differently given that Kelton’s mother passed away during childbirth  ?

I imagine it's going to be very stressful and tough for Kelton to watch Josie give birth.

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I imagine it's going to be very stressful and tough for Kelton to watch Josie give birth.

It will be tough on him, which in turn will add stress to her because she's not going to want to upset him. So I doubt you'll see her reacting like Erin does (I'm even worse about pain so no shame being administered here). She may be more like Alyssa or Whitney who are a bit more stoic about things (granted Alyssa hasn't had the cameras in the delivery room). 

Since they are in Knoxville, I'm guessing Dr. Vick will be who she chooses. I don't know that I'd want a doctor who could legitimately recognize the differences in the vaginas of my mother and sisters. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

I expect that Josie will be similar to Alyssa and will not have her delivery filmed. Seeing Kelton and his dad's emotions during the wedding was touching and sad.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

My guess is a trendy but classic name (Emma, Chalotte, Emily, Noah, James...). Thats the vibe i get from them at least. And since he is the oldest and first one to have children in his family i think he will use his mothers name as a middle name for a girl (Kristy).

• Upvote 5

I definitely see them wanting to pay tribute to Kelton's late mother. There's not a lot of names I can think of that necessarily "go" or flow well with Kristy as a middle name (and it's totally kind of one of those oldie 70s-80s names, to me lol) so we'll have to see. I think that if that weren't part of their story, Josie seems to be the kind of girl who'd like a modern nature-y/hippie type of name - Sienna, Maya, Brynn, Brooke, etc

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I believe Kristy Balka's full name was Kristine, given that according to Fundie Wiki it's Ariana's middle name. I agree they'll use it for a girl somehow.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Where on the pics do you see the gestational age? I can only see the date just above the mini-picture and slightly to the left, but where does it say that she is 9 weeks pregnant? 

The GA is on the top left corner and the date of the ultrasound on the top right.

• Thank You 1

guys I am so weird . . . but here goes . . .

I'm planning my wedding right now and everything's pretty much set in stone so I was playing around looking for "modest" bridesmaid dresses in a pale blue color for Carlin's wedding. I found a few cute lace t-shirt cap sleeve styles that I was predicting perhaps she would pick. They were about $115. 

Tonight I watched the episode of Josie's wedding and was literally SHOCKED to see that the bridesmaid dress Carlin and Whitney wore had a deep v-neck back exposing almost the whole top half of their back. I had counted all those out on my hypothetical search!!! Since when is that modest???? It was so easy for me to find ones with closed backs, so I'm confused why they chose that style and even more shocked that Carlin was allowed to wear it! I know her hemlines are creeping up, but never have we seen skin exposed like that from one of the unmarried Bates. 

• Upvote 6

I did read that his mom died after she gave birth due to an Aneurysm.  (Pardon the random cap, I had to copy/paste that word)  Her death was tragic but not necessarily preventable, although giving birth added to her risk I imagine. 

She didn’t die “in” childbirth, but I’m sure it adds anxiety to Josie’s pregnancy.

• Upvote 6

IIRC Josie expressed annoyance when Erin named her daughter Brooklyn because that had been one of Josie's target baby names, so that gives us some idea of what kind of name she's into: tryndy, alliterative, or both.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

I'm expecting a weird name for the baby.

Bobby's toast to Kelton at the wedding was really weird. He kept referencing problems that he and Kelton have had over the years. It would have bothered me, but Kelton looked happy as can be.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

I'm expecting a weird name for the baby.

Bobby's toast to Kelton at the wedding was really weird. He kept referencing problems that he and Kelton have had over the years. It would have bothered me, but Kelton looked happy as can be.

I thought Kelton looked pissed in the beginning when Bobby was talking about him not getting Josie.

• I Agree 2

I still think it’s disturbing that a college kid was obsessed and broken over a 15 year old who he hadn’t even “dated”.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Bobby said Kelton told him that having his heart broken was worth it to bring Bobby and Tori together. I think that’s the nicest thing I’ve heard about Kelton.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Bobby said Kelton told him that having his heart broken was worth it to bring Bobby and Tori together. I think that’s the nicest thing I’ve heard about Kelton.

Wait..what? Did Kelton introduce Bobby to Tori? 

12 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yep. I believe KJ has even confirmed it as such - the Balkas were "family friends" of the Bates who introduced Tobby.

• Upvote 6

46 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kelton and Bobby were roommates at Pensacola Christian College. The Balkas met the Bateses when Erin started teaching Kelton’s sister piano. I’m almost completely positive Erin met them through Temple Baptist, the Church associated with Crown College. It looks like the Balkas have been attending there for a while and I think that Erin was required to attend there as a student.  

So to answer your question, yes. Kelton introduced Bobby and Tori. 

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, wandering woman said:

[...]

So glad you posted this, because I thought exactly the same. Why would he bring up that painful period of their "non-dating" time, then turn the moment into him and Tori getting together instead? Huh? I guess he brought it all home in the end by saying he wanted Kelton and Josie to get together, but honestly I thought it was a ridiculous speech. Kelton on the other hand seemed to hate it at the event but during the talking head he said it was the best thing. I have always found aspects of their friendship to be weird from what was shown to the viewer. But yeah, F minus to Bobby for having what seemed like some back handed competitive moment where he some how asserted himself as better or premier to what Kelton was experiencing.

• Upvote 4

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, Dominionatrix said:

IIRC Josie expressed annoyance when Erin named her daughter Brooklyn because that had been one of Josie's target baby names, so that gives us some idea of what kind of name she's into: tryndy, alliterative, or both.

I remember that. Josie was annoyed that Erin picked Brooklyn and complained all the good names would be taken. I'm going to pick Madison Kristine or Kelton Edward Jr he seems like he'd want a junior. 

• Upvote 5

@JordynDarby5 I agree. I won't be surprised if they name their son Kelton and they pick a tryndy kreativ nickname. In addition, Josie loves NYC, so maybe the boy's middle name can be a NYC place. Definitely not Bronx or Harlem, but maybe Kelton Wallstreet? Kelton Longisland? 

Definitely, if it's a girl her middle name will be Kristine (or Krystie or something like that). Liberty Kristine, called Libb.

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic