IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

20 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Almost every single young person I know that's walked away from church has done so because of something that has happened in the church.  I'm talking about deeply committed Christians.

I think his holds true for us older folks too, unfortunately.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, if wanting a man means you get one, then I want Tom Hiddleston.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, delphinium65 said:

Me too.  Those 'what ifs' are certainly not rare, and I'd venture to say given the precarious financial status already occupied by a lot of fundies that they are more likely than not to experience one, if only temporarily.  Husband dies before wife? 'What if.' Husband injured or otherwise unable to work? 'What if.'  Husband bails on the family for whatever reason? 'What if.'  I can recall a number of fundie families in which the wife had to work for one of those 'what ifs' (including myself), it was hardly a rare thing.  

I have a son with autism that is going to need some type of supervision probably all of his life.  We're having a caseworker come out to the house Friday so we can discuss what type of future help he may need.  After that, we'll be put on a waiting list.  A LONG waiting list.  As in, a several years long waiting list.  Right now, my son's in a special program learning job skills through the public schools.  He's also been referred for vocational rehab in our state.  So there's stuff available, but getting access to it can be difficult.

My "what if" is "what happens when both my husband and I are gone?"  I believe in God and I believe He'll take care of our son, but I don't believe He's going to drop aid out of the sky.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:41 PM, wallysmommy said:

Here's the other wonderful opinion from Liam the Dickhead.  The second conversation has great entertainment value.  I'm almost afraid to put it here because Lori will go in and delete it.

image.png.573666b104ae62b839155d970af0d88b.png

image.png.bd0c428e2d684323aa7ffdefeb40e696.png

Is Renee Dee SERIOUS?????

13 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Does she live under a rock somewhere?  

wtf.png

Yes. Yes, she does. (Sorry, just couldn't resist channeling a little Phineas and Ferb.)

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Does she live under a rock somewhere?  

wtf.png

One of the comments.

"Thank you so much for the warning. My daughters and I liked watching it during the Christmas season. Yes the food net work is not good as we learned watching chopped and junior chopped. So I chopped them out of our play list and we do not watch many things. Texas walker ranger, Fox News and the weather channel."

I assume the bolded bit is what she's still willing to watch. Isn't it called Walker Texas Ranger? Chuck Norris is a religious zealot and a homphobe. I can see why Lori's leghumper still allows it.

Oh noes!! A GAY couple!! Consider my pearls CLUTCHED!

/sarcasm

Seriously. These people are horrible. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

/sarcasm

This reminds me of a CBS show ad I saw on Facebook a few days ago. The show had a lesbian couple in the preview. I was looking in the comments and SM Davis (a terrible fundie preacher very popular in homeschooling circles in my childhood) himself was there whining about it. 

12 hours ago, kpmom said:

So you'd know to grab your makeup case and skin lotions?

Last year when there was a hurricane coming, I had a go bag packed with a quilt my grandma made me and an art piece made from my grandfather's childhood home. Oh, and Mr. Bonkers's "I Love Me" book with his awards, certificates, orders, etc.

Makeup was WAY down on the list. Does Lori not know how insurance works? Insurance can cover makeup. It can't replace some things.

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

/sarcasm

Sorry for the double posting- Did you catch the timestamp on when she posted it? Pretty late at night if you ask me, for a woman who said she was going to get off her computer/social media at 4 PM.

12 hours ago, fransalley said:

Is Renee Dee SERIOUS?????

I think general consensus is Renee Dee and the poster above her Lee La are trolls playing with Lori but she's to dense to get the subtle sarcasm.

Today's topic is 'Do you cause evil to be spoken about God's word?'  Yes, yes you do, Lori.  Next question, please. 

If a network airs something I don't want to watch, I either change the channel or turn the TV off. I don't go on Facebook and announce it to all my leghumpers  friends, and I don't suggest we all boycott that entire network over just one show. Of course, that means I don't get to go viral, so I'm probably doing it wrong.?

Re the Hallmark remark by Lori warning her "girls" that Hallmark (the channel you used to be able to watch) now featured a homosexual couple ....  

What I find hysterical is how these people scream "Oh, I am never going to watch it again" ... or "I am never going to buy that product again" .. AS IF removal of their business will somehow hurt these corporate giants who ... before making any decisions on what they market ... take into account ... who will leave, who will stay (in other words is it good for business ... will we make $$$$ is the bottom line.  THEY KNOW THESE THINGS IN ADVANCE.  That is what a marketing department is for.  People think they have more power than they actually do.

7 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Today's topic is 'Do you cause evil to be spoken about God's word?'  Yes, yes you do, Lori.  Next question, please. 

It says something that I've seen more Christian love and charity shown on a Tarot forum, and here on an anti-Fundie forum, than I've ever seen from Lori or any of her humpers. Lori is terrible and stupid, and makes God seem terrible by association. 

I don't think most of these people are going where they think they are when they die. 

Of course, Lori is so dumb she'd probably get stuck somewhere until a spirit/ghost/whatever with a penis shows up to tell her where to go. TOWARD the light, Lori. You'll find out if it's gleaming pearly gates or flames when you get closer. Yeah I know it's getting warm, isn't it.

41 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I think general consensus is Renee Dee and the poster above her Lee La are trolls playing with Lori but she's to dense to get the subtle sarcasm.

I scoped out their FB pages.  Nothing there that supports the troll posts and Lori-osity.  They definitely are trolling her, and quite well, I might add.

On the topic of "damsels in distress" and emergencies ... 

We tend to have a lot of tornadoes, microbursts and terrible thunderstorms. My husband is a firefighter, which means that whenever we have one of these storms, he's gone to help deal with downed wires, car accidents, lightning strikes, etc. We've had some pretty catastrophic incidents in his absence, and you know what? I handled shit. Because I'm an adult, and that's what adults do.

Lori needs to grow the fuck up and adult already.

I was thinking, maybe Lori needs a wake-up call, like a natural disaster where no man can come rescue her lazy, entitled ass. The only person who can help her is herself.   No Ken, no sons-in-law, no penis in sight.  

From Lori's post today about mothers leaving their children in someone else's care.

Lori seems to forget that that her favorite family, the Duggars, have a mother who stay home with the children. This didn't stop the women in the family from being molested by their brother.

I think she willfully doesn't want to understand how abusers work. Her attitude is to stick her fingers in her ear and loudly yell, "La, la, la" at fact and reality. As long as it's a good, Christian family, these things will never happen. She willfully places her followers in harm's way.

Screenshot 2019-02-05 at 8.36.31 AM.png

Go to the link to her older blog and read the comment from the all wise "Dave"

1) I believe this is the only place in all scripture that speaks of the Word of God being blasphemed. If so, what I am suggesting is that only women can blaspheme the Word of God. Or not. That is incredibly powerful. And Jesus is that Word [“the Word became flesh and dwelt among us”];

Here's what I found on a quick Internet research from biblestudytools.com:

Jesus picks up the Numbers 15 passage about blasphemy in his famous saying about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit ( Matt 12:31-32 ; Mark 3:28-29 ; Luke 12:10 ). Numbers 15:22-31 distinguishes between unintentional sin committed in ignorance (for which forgiveness is possible), and defiant sin, called blasphemy, for which there is no forgiveness. Jesus teaches that the blasphemy for which there is no forgiveness is that against the Holy Spirit; all other blasphemies, particularly those against "the Son of Man, " may be forgiven. Insults thrown at "the Son of Man" may be forgiven because they are committed in ignorance of who he really is: his heavenly glory does not appear on earth. But to ascribe obvious manifestations of the Spirit to the devil's agency is a much more serious offense not committed in ignorance.

I read this to mean that if you deny Jesus in his role as the Holy Son of God, that is blasphemy.  He says nothing of working or legalistic rules.  John refers to Jesus as the Word.  Therefore, if you blaspheme against the "Word" you are blaspheming against Jesus's diety.  I would rather take the translation of the word from Jesus's teachings than the Twisted Sister's who uses Paul's translated words as a proof text, or that of any of the leghumpers, male or female.

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

The comments section is getting interesting.  Vaughn "Marry Them Young" Ohlman just told Lori courtship in unBiblical.  Lori asked him why. Someone asked him if he plans anymore of his "Get Them Married" retreats. Wonder if Lori knows he advocates arranged marriages among teenagers as young as 13.    This should be fun! :cupcake:

16 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

The comments section is getting interesting.  Vaughn "Merry Them Young" Ohlman just told Lori courtship in unBiblical.  Lori asked him why. Someone asked him if he plans anymore of his "Get Them Married" retreats. Wonder if Lori knows he advocates arranged marriages among teenagers as young as 13.    This should be fun! :cupcake:

If she doesn't know, would she care?  Or would she just take that and run with it?  

Just now, delphinium65 said:

Or would she just take that and run with it?  

might be her new thing, who knows?  She has gotten more and more extreme over the years. 

1 hour ago, polecat said:

On the topic of "damsels in distress" and emergencies ... 

We tend to have a lot of tornadoes, microbursts and terrible thunderstorms. My husband is a firefighter, which means that whenever we have one of these storms, he's gone to help deal with downed wires, car accidents, lightning strikes, etc. We've had some pretty catastrophic incidents in his absence, and you know what? I handled shit. Because I'm an adult, and that's what adults do.

Lori needs to grow the fuck up and adult already.

Married to an electrician who owns his own business and who also works as a firefighter/paramedic. We get hurricanes here. In the days leading up to the hurricane, he is busy with electrical customers making sure their generators are ready to go if needed. When the hurricane hits, he goes to work for at least 24 hours, sometimes longer. Any prep work or decisions made before/during/after the storm are handled by me. I don’t bother him during that timeframe (I really don’t text/call him at work anyway- he’s working). He trusts that I will handle what needs to be handled. 

19 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Go to the link to her older blog and read the comment from the all wise "Dave"

1) I believe this is the only place in all scripture that speaks of the Word of God being blasphemed. If so, what I am suggesting is that only women can blaspheme the Word of God. Or not. That is incredibly powerful. And Jesus is that Word [“the Word became flesh and dwelt among us”];

Here's what I found on a quick Internet research from biblestudytools.com:

Jesus picks up the Numbers 15 passage about blasphemy in his famous saying about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit ( Matt 12:31-32 ; Mark 3:28-29 ; Luke 12:10 ). Numbers 15:22-31 distinguishes between unintentional sin committed in ignorance (for which forgiveness is possible), and defiant sin, called blasphemy, for which there is no forgiveness. Jesus teaches that the blasphemy for which there is no forgiveness is that against the Holy Spirit; all other blasphemies, particularly those against "the Son of Man, " may be forgiven. Insults thrown at "the Son of Man" may be forgiven because they are committed in ignorance of who he really is: his heavenly glory does not appear on earth. But to ascribe obvious manifestations of the Spirit to the devil's agency is a much more serious offense not committed in ignorance.

I read this to mean that if you deny Jesus in his role as the Holy Son of God, that is blasphemy.  He says nothing of working or legalistic rules.  John refers to Jesus as the Word.  Therefore, if you blaspheme against the "Word" you are blaspheming against Jesus's diety.  I would rather take the translation of the word from Jesus's teachings than the Twisted Sister's who uses Paul's translated words as a proof text, or that of any of the leghumpers, male or female.

Thank you for that. I know that what she spews is twisted to her own agenda, but telling women who work outside of the home that they are blaspheming God is a heavy accusation.

Does she even pray before she posts? It seems she’s devoid of any and all discernment. 

And does anyone find it funny that there was recently a comment about posts consisting of nothing but chat room responses and now today when she relies on the same format, she links to a previous post that included commentaries?

Also- Dave and Trey are gross. 

10 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

might be her new thing, who knows?  She has gotten more and more extreme over the years. 

She has indeed.  I've been playing a mental game here, when someone asks Lori a question, I ask myself 'What is the most restrictive, harmful to women answer that Lori could come up with?'  When she actually answers a question rather than deleting or ignoring, that usually turns out to be the answer that she gives.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived