IGNORED

Lori Alexander 61: Harridan MIL

The interesting thing about the outcry is Hallmark is "showing gay couples" - not in a lead role, just simply acknowledging their existence within a story line.

But I'm not surprised at the outrage.  I know Fundies with teenagers who try insulate their teens so much that they believe that their 13 and 15 year old do not know about the existence of gay people.  

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

The interesting thing about the outcry is Hallmark is "showing gay couples" - not in a lead role, just simply acknowledging their existence within a story line.

You just know Lori is about to blow a gasket over this. She already had qualms about how "feminist" Hallmark movies were. 

42 minutes ago, fluffy said:

She already had qualms about how "feminist" Hallmark movies were. 

Except hypocrite much -- she continues to watch the channel.  Like when she was bemoaning the debauchery of The Bachelor but watched it anyway because a friend of Alyssa's who went to her Christian school was on it -- three different versions of it in fact. (Tenley Mohlzahn). 

If she REALLY found it so distasteful, she'd get rid of TV/cable altogether like some of her fangirls. At least some of them are more genuine -- and actually put their beliefs into practice by getting rid of the TV.  Lori would probably say they could never do that because of FOOTBALLtm    -- Lori's  final answer to everything. 

6 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I want to have a bonfire with Lori's "Commentaries"...

*"of old"

I have a fitting soundtrack

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

The comments section is getting interesting.  Vaughn "Marry Them Young" Ohlman just told Lori courtship in unBiblical.  Lori asked him why. Someone asked him if he plans anymore of his "Get Them Married" retreats. Wonder if Lori knows he advocates arranged marriages among teenagers as young as 13.    This should be fun! :cupcake:

Here‘s his answer. I didn’t know commenting on other people’s Facebook posts counts as a ministry.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: :pb_lol:

186DE640-6C6E-4B64-A696-0AA4C7DCD5D0.jpeg

One of the comments to Lori's Hallmark post about a gay couple being featured in a movie. I guess this woman never saw the episode of Touched by an Angel that was about a gay man dying of AIDS. The episode was very supportive of gay people and one of the angels told the man that God loved him and wasn't disappointed in him.

Zeferena- To each their own i guess. I dont watch this channel anyways. I miss shows like touched by an angel. And true angel stories. Was thinking about this yesterday, how when they had shows true angel stories how inspirational it was. I guess Angels don't help us anymore.

3 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Zeferena- To each their own i guess. I dont watch this channel anyways. I miss shows like touched by an angel. And true angel stories. Was thinking about this yesterday, how when they had shows true angel stories how inspirational it was. I guess Angels don't help us anymore.

Wait--is this commenter saying that if something isn't on TV it doesn't exist in real life anymore? I mean, I'm not inclined to believe the "true angel stories" myself, but if I were, why would a TV show stopping mean the true stories themselves have stopped?? (Or maybe she's being fundy-sarcastic?)

8 hours ago, Loveday said:

If a network airs something I don't want to watch, I either change the channel or turn the TV off. I don't go on Facebook and announce it to all my leghumpers  friends, and I don't suggest we all boycott that entire network over just one show. Of course, that means I don't get to go viral, so I'm probably doing it wrong.?

George Carlin, during a rant about Donald Wildmon:

”Well, did you know there are two knobs on a TV?  One turns it off, and the other one...changes the station!  Imagine that, Reverend, you can actually change the station!”

Lori is on a virginity kick again. Frowning up I was taught to wait to have sex until marriage. My dad never told me it was for my man. He always said it was because I was worth it. If a guy truly loved me he would wait. Virginity isn’t a bargaining gift or the only gift worth giving. No ones worth should be tied to their sexual choices. 

By all means- of course this is a sign (sarcasm). Perfectly logical to watch your husband drown in his attempts to support you, to lose the car and everything else. Just flake on the job interview- that might be THE REAL SIGN. 

EE7EA36B-26CA-43C8-B528-F7A9395FDCB6.jpeg

3 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

One of the comments to Lori's Hallmark post about a gay couple being featured in a movie. I guess this woman never saw the episode of Touched by an Angel that was about a gay man dying of AIDS. The episode was very supportive of gay people and one of the angels told the man that God loved him and wasn't disappointed in him.

I was pretty young and didn't watch the show very much but didn't one of the Angels also get drunk on Irish coffee on accident or something? Very wholesome. 

Lori, gay people exist and Hallmark isn't religious, let alone conservative Christian. Get over it  . Also I'm pretty sure you boosted that post.  

Maybe if there's not angel shows it's like what people say about God in public school. Apparently God's not in public schools anymore because kids don't pray. Nevermind that God is omnipresent. (Scratches head in confusion) 

Y'all I can't take this crazy weather anymore. It's just messing with me. Last Wednesday it was -40;then it was 50 in the same week;  now I just saw lightening, heard thunder, and it's raining. I have a massive headache and the weather is gonna kill me. 

D5E20B16-D404-4831-8C9A-F102DB4D6A78.thumb.jpeg.b2e0fe065eb7fc601d4b1de5fd37d36a.jpeg

saying a person is lying because others have is  wrong. This is why women chose not to come forward. What a dick. 

Spoiler

03494078-59F3-42B0-B9AE-4BABB77C9390.thumb.jpeg.d7b0127adb99020026ad76b0a628f9c9.jpeg

I hope the last guy was joking. 

Wonder what Lori has to say about any of this.

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

No ones worth should be tied to their sexual choices. 

One of my pet peeves is when virginity is referred to as purity, at least for women. Sexual intercourse doesn't make anyone impure.

26 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Has she deleted them? Banned those men?  If not, then I think we can assume she's A-OK with it.

I guess Angels don't help us anymore.

Really? 

First off, aren't biblical angels really terrifying creatures with zillions of eyes and stuff, known to inspire fear even when they are bringing good news?

second, maybe angels just didn't like all the publicity and are staying off TV.

or, maybe angels are helping people like refugees and others who truly need it, rather than hateful people who are all self-righteous on Facebook. 

I suspect if angels really existed and showed up, Lori would probably criticize their fashion choices and contradict anything they tried to tell her. 

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

One of my pet peeves is when virginity is referred to as purity, at least for women. Sexual intercourse doesn't make anyone impure.

Yes! I can't stand the term "purity" when referring to virgnity.

I'm all for waiting until marriage. I think God intended it that way for our benefit and with our best interest in mind. If you're married and stay faithful you won't have to worry about STDs, and if a pregnancy occurs, the child will have both parents.

Virginity has absolutely nothing to do with someone's value as a person though.

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yes! I can't stand the term "purity" when referring to virgnity.

I'm all for waiting until marriage. I think God intended it that way for our benefit and with our best interest in mind. If you're married and stay faithful you won't have to worry about STDs, and if a pregnancy occurs, the child will have both parents.

Virginity has absolutely nothing to do with someone's value as a person though.

Sorry, but that's a little bit bullshity. Marriage is no garanty that a child will have both parents. Most couples I know, with children or not, aren't married. Some of them are even patchwork. I know husbands who left their wifes and children and don't give a damn about them. And I know unmarried fathers who are dotting on their partners and children. And staying a virgin until marriage is unrealistic. Nobody I know in my age is still with their first partner they met as teenagers. Committment isn't tied to a marriage certificate. And teaching that sex is only something for married people is also damaging. It opens up a lot of guilt for failing that when you are young and horny. Instead teach them proper sex ed, with proper birth controll. Teach them how to set bounderies in relationships and how to protect themselfes from STD's (hello condoms) and let them grow and learn how relationships works and let them discover sex on their own and what they like without the huge commitment of marriage.

I don't know which is worse.. saying that rape never happens, or saying that it does happen but isn't a big deal (Ken ?). 

Slightly off topic.. Remember a guy, he was commenting quite regularly on Loris page a while back. He had a really really creepy relationship with his daughter in law, who seemed to be a mail order bride for his son. He would post on his sons behalf, talking about how submissive she was. Is he still around? I don't look at Loris page much anymore because she bores the heck out of me and her fans are terrifying. But I was fascinated by that guy. 

3 hours ago, cara said:

I don't know which is worse.. saying that rape never happens, or saying that it does happen but isn't a big deal (Ken ?). 

Slightly off topic.. Remember a guy, he was commenting quite regularly on Loris page a while back. He had a really really creepy relationship with his daughter in law, who seemed to be a mail order bride for his son. He would post on his sons behalf, talking about how submissive she was. Is he still around? I don't look at Loris page much anymore because she bores the heck out of me and her fans are terrifying. But I was fascinated by that guy. 

Jeff Pearson? He’s still there. I don’t think his DIL is a mail order bride though- I think she’s from another part of the US. Some of her family members have commented on Jeff’s page as well as his son Clay’s noting that the wife had always wanted that lifestyle. 

Speaking of regulars- where is old KB these days? Banned?? (I hope)

10 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

D5E20B16-D404-4831-8C9A-F102DB4D6A78.thumb.jpeg.b2e0fe065eb7fc601d4b1de5fd37d36a.jpeg

saying a person is lying because others have is  wrong. This is why women chose not to come forward. What a dick. 

Hide contents

03494078-59F3-42B0-B9AE-4BABB77C9390.thumb.jpeg.d7b0127adb99020026ad76b0a628f9c9.jpeg

I hope the last guy was joking. 

I'm pretty sure that comment was heavily laced with sarcasm, although it wouldn't surprise me if he was serious. So many of Lori's 'gentleman callers' do believe that. :my_dodgy:

6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Sorry, but that's a little bit bullshity. Marriage is no garanty that a child will have both parents. Most couples I know, with children or not, aren't married. Some of them are even patchwork. I know husbands who left their wifes and children and don't give a damn about them. And I know unmarried fathers who are dotting on their partners and children. And staying a virgin until marriage is unrealistic. Nobody I know in my age is still with their first partner they met as teenagers. Committment isn't tied to a marriage certificate. And teaching that sex is only something for married people is also damaging. It opens up a lot of guilt for failing that when you are young and horny. Instead teach them proper sex ed, with proper birth controll. Teach them how to set bounderies in relationships and how to protect themselfes from STD's (hello condoms) and let them grow and learn how relationships works and let them discover sex on their own and what they like without the huge commitment of marriage.

Thank you. I will never teach my boys that they should wait for sex until marriage. Instead I will teach them about consent, that no means no, to respect their partners, and to wear a condom. 

Because children grow up into horny adults who have sex. In my experience, telling people to wait until marriage is like spitting into the wind.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:59 AM, TeddyBonkers said:

Did you catch the timestamp on when she posted it? Pretty late at night if you ask me, for a woman who said she was going to get off her computer/social media at 4 PM.

Yup, she gets off her computer/social media at 4, has a slimy salad, and is back on at 4:15.

13 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Yup, she gets off her computer/social media at 4, has a slimy salad, and is back on at 4:15.

Every time somebody mentions the slimy salad, I just want to die. Jesus!

You'd think she'd be barfing in the toilet at 4:45.

5 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Every time somebody mentions the slimy salad, I just want to die. Jesus!

You'd think she'd be barfing in the toilet at 4:45.

Salad is the absolute worst thing to throw up. I remember I had a big salad for dinner back in college. Then I went out and partied a little too hard and ended up barfing. Oh god it’s horrid. I couldn’t look at another salad for awhile. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived