IGNORED

Maxwell 28: You Can Leave Your Vest On!

Coconut Flan

Speaking of the Sacred Scrotum (Blech!) in relation to the Scamaritan discussion... do you think his work insurance covered the vasectomy and/or reversal?

And now that I've said that, I wonder if Samaritan would cover vasectomy reversals. I could see someone writing how they've come to Jesus and realized they should leave their family size up to God, so please everyone pay part of my elective surgery for me!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

It's the politicians and their rich friends who don't want to give up the money that is in profit-driven health care.

Many (30 or so) years ago I was on my ex's Blue Cross Blue Shield plan.  BC/BS was then a non-profit in that state and and had decided to attempt to go for profit.  They were successful.  I thought it was an utterly bizarre turn of events that would not be beneficial to BC/BS subscribers.  

6 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Speaking of the Sacred Scrotum (Blech!) in relation to the Scamaritan discussion... do you think his work insurance covered the vasectomy and/or reversal?

And now that I've said that, I wonder if Samaritan would cover vasectomy reversals. I could see someone writing how they've come to Jesus and realized they should leave their family size up to God, so please everyone pay part of my elective surgery for me!

A reversal, according to Samaritan, "may be shareable as a Special Prayer Need." In other words, you send in a request and Samaritan decides whether to publish it to their members as something that they can choose to give extra money for. So, like a Scamaritan Gofundme for balls. 

I'm not aware of any legitimate insurance company that covers reversals, since it's an elective surgery.

40 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

I'm not aware of any legitimate insurance company that covers reversals, since it's an elective surgery.

But if there were one, it would be Scamaritan. Lol. 

Edit: just noticed you said “legitimate”. 

1 hour ago, Lisafer said:

A reversal, according to Samaritan, "may be shareable as a Special Prayer Need." In other words, you send in a request and Samaritan decides whether to publish it to their members as something that they can choose to give extra money for. So, like a Scamaritan Gofundme for balls. 

Just thinking about it - not only is it an elective surgery, but ultimately it means more cost for the insurance companies. 

2 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I'm just imagining that bit in God Help the Outcasts from Hunchback of Notre Dame where everyone's praying in the cathedral...

I ask for wealth

I ask for snacks

I ask for funds to fix my ballsaaaaaaack

10 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm just imagining that bit in God Help the Outcasts from Hunchback of Notre Dame where everyone's praying in the cathedral...

I ask for wealth

I ask for snacks

I ask for funds to fix my ballsaaaaaaack

I'm pretty sure THIS is Steve Maxwell's theme song: 

On 1/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I spot THREE ladies In pants at the shower. 

I spotted 5 I think. 

The woman with the white-sh top and leggings

Two women and one of Chelsy's sisters-in-law behind Abbey

One of Chelsy's sister's on the sofa- one with a pony tail

Not that it really matters 3 or 5. What matters is no doubt Teri was having an axiety attack and her daughters spent the day averting their eyes. 

@Lisafer—“Scamaritan GoFundMe For Balls”!!!!! You win several internets!

Re Teri and Chelsy/Chelsea: She’s not much of a writer, so I think it’s just her clumsy way of acknowledging two different spellings of the same name.

16 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Or Steve had instituted his "no news" policy so even if she did know the name of the first daughter she wouldn't have had any idea how it was spelled. I dunno, it's all too weird for me.

They aren’t allowed to follow the news?

26 minutes ago, SoConfused said:

To be fair, I have this rule myself.  Over two years now! 

(I’ll find out the important news through filters. For example, my mother told me Jeff Bezos is getting divorced.)

It’s really warm and cozy under my rock if anyone wants to join me!

29 minutes ago, SoConfused said:

Nope.  Coward Steve says the only news they hear about if they are standing in line at the store and from "trusted" anti choice web sites. 

54 minutes ago, SoConfused said:

They are allowed to watch breaking news like tornadoes or floods. 

I wonder if they watch news on President election day. I bet they do (and pray).

17 years of marriage and Nathan & Melanie have only one accomplishment worth mentioning. They have managed to reproduce and have many babies for Steve Jesus. And Sarah has countless bible verses to prove their worth. 

That anniversary post was about as heart warming and sincere as Sarah's birthday post. Not surprising, given the Maxwells have obsession issues with tiny little lives. 

I suppose it makes it more likely that one is successful in life if you have no options and only one focus. 

Congrats, Steve, you've managed to make the successful 17 year marriage of your oldest offspring as mundane and pathetic as you.

Ooh, that plunging [sic] neckline on Mel’s shirt AND a ruffle across the eye-trap area AND no undershirt!  Couldn’t admire her more if she were wearing maternity pants — or capris!  You dress for yourself, lady! And happy anniversary to you both.

In spite of Nate’s intense-appearing eyes and  his occasional shudder-worthy statements, I get the feeling these two have a pretty solid, unPharisteve-ish marriage and home life.  

23 hours ago, Lisafer said:

When a request is shared, is the requestor 's identity made public?  I can see people falling all over themselves to bail out a Maxwell or a Bates .   An unknown John or Mary fundie might not get many donations.

17 minutes ago, Granwych said:

When a request is shared, is the requestor 's identity made public?  I can see people falling all over themselves to bail out a Maxwell or a Bates .   An unknown John or Mary fundie might not get many donations.

That's just a big fat HIPAA violation, but if you're already totally cool with people in your milieu not following laws regarding child abuse and sexual assault, I guess not following HIPAA is pretty small potatoes. 

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

That's just a big fat HIPAA violation, but if you're already totally cool with people in your milieu not following laws regarding child abuse and sexual assault, I guess not following HIPAA is pretty small potatoes. 

I am pretty sure you give them permission to give out your name because Scamaratin members send their checks straight to other members.  Each month they send you a name and whatever the problem is and you mail out checks and notes of prayer to that person or family.

Speaking of scamaratin again, an interesting tidbit is that when a member has a multiples pregnancy, the babies and the mother are considered one “need”.. ie their bills are lumped together for reimbursement.   But if the mother used medical intervention to get pregnant (IVF, IUI, etc) then each baby is considered its own need.  For the life of me I can’t figure out why that matters when it comes to medical bills and why they felt the need to distinguish it?

2 hours ago, keepercjr said:

I am pretty sure you give them permission to give out your name because Scamaratin members send their checks straight to other members.  Each month they send you a name and whatever the problem is and you mail out checks and notes of prayer to that person or family.

Speaking of scamaratin again, an interesting tidbit is that when a member has a multiples pregnancy, the babies and the mother are considered one “need”.. ie their bills are lumped together for reimbursement.   But if the mother used medical intervention to get pregnant (IVF, IUI, etc) then each baby is considered its own need.  For the life of me I can’t figure out why that matters when it comes to medical bills and why they felt the need to distinguish it?

Just guessing, but maybe a naturally occurring multiple pregnancy is considered God's doing but one resulting from human intervention is not in God's plan? 

Melanie and Nathan are dressing alike 'a la Teri and Steve, in that first picture on the anniversary post.  Is this becoming a thing in Maxworld?

I forgot somehow that she is pregnant again until I saw the anniversary picture.  She looks like she's doing well and I'm hoping it continues that way.

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Melanie and Nathan are dressing alike 'a la Teri and Steve, in that first picture on the anniversary post.  Is this becoming a thing in Maxworld?

I forgot somehow that she is pregnant again until I saw the anniversary picture.  She looks like she's doing well and I'm hoping it continues that way.

It seems the dressing the same is becoming  more regular. Maybe a bloke tried to pull Teri in a shop, or a women flirted with Nate in restaurant and this is to tell the world they are couples hence security issues - to add to a very long list of other issues!

"Sacred Scrotum"...I can't unread that. 

That is a really lovely photo of Melanie in the anniversary post. Jewel tones and purple and magentas are flattering shades for her. 

Slightly off-topic, but I finally finished Sarah's latest book. I haven't had time to write a proper review but suffice to say that story is weird from the first word. It meanders through to an ending that feels rushed and makes little sense in terms of how people genuinely interact in the world. Shades of gray do not exist in Hill Top. All adults are caricatures of "bad" people or "good" people, and if it hasn't happened to Sarah, she can't imagine it enough to write about it. 

Maybe it's because I tend to be a private person, but I couldn't stand having my surgery or medical procedure send out in a newsletter to however-many-thousands of people are on Scamaritan. "Viola Sebastian had a plantar wart removed from her foot and needs help paying for her colonoscopy....." Just no. 

12 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Maybe it's because I tend to be a private person, but I couldn't stand having my surgery or medical procedure send out in a newsletter to however-many-thousands of people are on Scamaritan. "Viola Sebastian had a plantar wart removed from her foot and needs help paying for her colonoscopy....." Just no. 

ITA, it's the problem with church prayer chains and solicitations for donated leave at work. Just too much personal information has to be revealed, much more than I'm comfortable with. Scamaritan probably considers these newsletter as prayer requests too. Ugh.

1 minute ago, SilverBeach said:

ITA, it's the problem with church prayer chains and solicitations for donated leave at work. Just too much personal information has to be revealed, much more than I'm comfortable with.

In my experience, church prayer chains can be a straight up way to gossip about somebody. It's not gossip if you're praying for them! :my_confused: 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived