IGNORED

Dillards 69 : Write Your Own Joke Here

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have kids so this is an honest question, isn't Sam too big to still be using a johnny jump up? I thought that was just for babies....not kids who are walking(?)

Because my dad had a heart attack when I was 5 we didn’t have a lot of processed foods so most of my favorite Duggar style recipes come from friends. Love Watergate salad, to the point my friend’s mom made me a batch for my birthday. I also love funeral potatoes. 

The two recipes my mom made are weird but yummy and made my husband scratch his head. Not that he didn’t have processed foods but he was shocked out of all the recipes in the world it was these two that were our favorites. 

Preztel salad - graham cracker crust but use pretzels instead. Next layer is a cream cheese layer, kind of like the knockoff cheesecake recipe above. Top all of that with strawberry jello. 

Mac & Cheese casserole stuff - 1 package of velvetta shells and cheese prepared according to package directions. Brown a pound of hamburger and drain well. Mix into mac & cheese. Add salsa until the sauce turns kind of pink. Pour into a casserole dish and top with crushed potato chips and shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. 

Ahh Duggars. Glorifying the military but would advise anyone in their cult against joining for bullshit worldly reasons. 

And those shoes do not go with that color of dress, which in itself is pretty drab looking. Brown shoes don't go with black suits either. Thank you for coming to my BEC Ted Talk. 

On 11/9/2018 at 9:04 PM, MsSaylor said:

She also makes tge most amazing thing which is cherry jello with applesauce and melted down red hots. Has anyone else heard of it?

Yes! My grandma made it and it was a wonderful treat. I think I still have her (hand-written in her almost indecipherable for anyone not in the family handwriting) recipe card, complete with stains from the melted cinnamon candies. I need to make that again sometime........ 

9 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Doubt it, no one in her family has served.  I don’t remember her ever posting anything about Veterans Day before.

@meowfundiecatz is correct. And I present a Veteran’s Day post from 2017:

I’d guess that Garrett would have served in WW2, though I don't know for sure. That said, having a Veteran in the family doesn’t mean any of the Duggar kids will know much about the history behind Veteran’s Day. 

@MsSaylor by red hots I thought you meant zweigels Red Hots. The candy is much better than what I was imagining....something a long the lines of the pink weens, but with Jell-O. I was gagging.

12 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Not gonna lie - I was SUPER jealous of my friends who got that! We called it "commodity cheese" and it was SO FUCKING GOOD.

When I moved to Germany, AAFES sold it in the commissary. I was IN HEAVEN. Then some jackturd wrote a letter to the editor of the Stars and Stripes, complaining that his "taxes had already paid for it" so "why are they selling it?"

The cheese disappeared the next day.

It took a couple of months, but there was enough outcry from those of us who would willingly "pay twice" for it, that they started stocking it again.

I agree! That cheese was good. My grandparents got some at some point in my childhood.  Huge block. 

39 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I’d guess that Garrett would have served in WW2, though I don't know for sure. That said, having a Veteran in the family doesn’t mean any of the Duggar kids will know much about the history behind Veteran’s Day. 

Wow - that's where the Duggar boys get their looks.  As they don't look like JB to me I assumed Michelle's family but the resemblance is striking.

34 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Wow - that's where the Duggar boys get their looks.  As they don't look like JB to me I assumed Michelle's family but the resemblance is striking.

It seems he had superior eyebrow genes, however, that not all the Duggar boys inherited.

5 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I don't have kids so this is an honest question, isn't Sam too big to still be using a johnny jump up? I thought that was just for babies....not kids who are walking(?)

It varies by kid, one of mine LOVED that thing until he was at least 18 months.  If they fit older /taller kids he would of wanted to play in it forever.

The little guy I babysit for turned a year in Sept and is at the final setting on his Jumperoo. He's also about to pass the weight limit which makes me sad because he loves the darn thing. I didn't see the video of Sam but once kids are able to stand flat footed they're too big for a door jumper. And the weight limit is 24 lbs. 

My oldest daughter LOVED her Johnny Jump-Up!  She was born rarin' to go and would happily spend dinnertime in the jumper bouncing. I'm not sure how early we put her in it or when she stopped using it, but she crawled at 4 months and walked at 9.  Hew own younger daughter used the Johnny Jump-Up at a much later age, but she is small for her age and she didn't walk until she was two.  

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Dude looks just like Jessa.

Oddly, that looks like a Fanta, not a papusa or either of them in a hammock, or I am I missing something?

Hopefully no one shatters a shower rod in her vicinity during her flashback.

34 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Well Jill your Fanta can kiss my Faygo's ass.

:::small voice::: I love Fanta.  Shhhh.

I don't drink pop often, but sometimes I dream strawberry Fanta is my headship and my heart is happy to obey.

38 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Oddly, that looks like a Fanta, not a papusa or either of them in a hammock, or I am I missing something?

I think the pupusas are in the next picture.

I actually have a few 20oz bottles of orange Fanta in the kitchen. It was on sale at Kroger and the kids like it. I have nothing against it I just can't handle much soda personally. I'm stressed and was being kinda snotty.

No offense to Fanta lovers, but give me a nice bottle of Jarritos. Lime or mandarine orange and I'm a happy little camper. :my_smile: The pupusa looks really good, though!

Some Duggar boys attended Alert program - isn't that equivalent to serving in the army???? :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

I'll be honest, I don't know how many times I've dressed up as a Fantana girl. Easy group costume when Spice Girls was already taken. ?

I'm a Topo Chico girl, twist of lime when it comes to carbonated goodness.

I might be late to the party, but my two Duggar-worthy recipies (the first one might be too complicated, but the visual end result is just about right (a pink goey mess)):

Pink Penne Chicken

Boil pasta penne to all dente. Brown sliced chicken in a pan with huge amounts of "Tandoori Chicken Spices" (the only part that is Tandoori is the slight orange color). Brown chopped onion, mushrooms (champignion), and sweet pepper/paprika. Mix everything together in a large pan together with creme fraiche and salsa (from a can!). Ad a sprinkling of cheese. Bake in owen until warm/golden cheese. Eat. 

Taco Lasagna 

Disclaimer: This is scandinavian taco, which has only a nodding accuaintance to the real thing. 

Brown ground beef with taco spice. Layer the beef like a lasagna with creme fraiche, salsa, ground beef and tortillas until you are out of ingredienses. Spinkle with cheese. Bake until the cheese is done. Serve with salad (of the lettuce kind).

(Both recipies are actually decent comfort food).

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived