IGNORED

Dillards 69 : Write Your Own Joke Here

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

Exersaucers are more stationary though. The problem with being too tall/too heavy for a jumper is the damage that can be done to the tendons and ligaments in a baby's knees. 

Oh man!  I didn't even think about that part! I was more worried about the thing coming off of the door frame above him & hitting him on the head & him falling. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rachel333 said:

Uh, why is she watching one of Derick's lectures online? That sounds so boring!

ZZauVgw.jpg?1

I'm so conflicted about this.

-It's cool that Jill's taking an interest in Derick's classes, maybe she'll learn something, and she'll be able to talk to him about his course work which is nice, but,

-Is she really taking an interest or is she just totally incapable of being apart from #besthubbyever and since she can't attend every class with him this is the next best thing?

-The kid's face says so much. Does a 3-year-old really need/want to be watching a law school lecture? Did she make him sit through the whole thing, or... ?

-But s'mores! S'mores are soooo good!

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm so conflicted about this.

-It's cool that Jill's taking an interest in Derick's classes, maybe she'll learn something, and she'll be able to talk to him about his course work which is nice, but,

-Is she really taking an interest or is she just totally incapable of being apart from #besthubbyever and since she can't attend every class with him this is the next best thing?

-The kid's face says so much. Does a 3-year-old really need/want to be watching a law school lecture? Did she make him sit through the whole thing, or... ?

-But s'mores! S'mores are soooo good!

I would feel smothered by that level of "interest" from a partner and that says something since I prefer an unhealthy level of enmeshment.

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

Exersaucers are more stationary though. The problem with being too tall/too heavy for a jumper is the damage that can be done to the tendons and ligaments in a baby's knees. 

Yeah I never bought a jumper or a walker for that reason ?‍♀️ they can be damaging when used properly according to my PT friend.  I just meant that I've used things like that past the normal age. 

There's a person I work with who does most of her husband's college assignments. She claims its because right now, he's in school. If she were to go back to school, he'd help her out with certain subjects. I kind of doubt it. It's not really an RBG situation, she's actually taking courses online (during work time) under his name. 

I'd say that maybe it's because Jill is smarter than Derrick, but I just don't know. If she were, she might be able to figure out that it's not 1960, and if she wants to go to college, she can. 

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'd say that maybe it's because Jill is smarter than Derrick, but I just don't know. If she were, she might be able to figure out that it's not 1960, and if she wants to go to college, she can. 

Wouldn't that be a twist? Maybe Jill herself would like to be a lawyer but that doesn't fit with her fundie worldview so instead she pushed Derick to do it. I only say this because my old pastor used to tell the story of how she really wanted her husband to become a pastor and she kept trying to get him to go into the ministry until one day she realized that she was the one who should do it.

2 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

There's a person I work with who does most of her husband's college assignments. She claims its because right now, he's in school. If she were to go back to school, he'd help her out with certain subjects. I kind of doubt it. It's not really an RBG situation, she's actually taking courses online (during work time) under his name. 

If I had to guess it might stem from JB and M having such an odd set up where he hustled to bring in money, but she didn't grow up with one parent having a job that took them away from the house during work hours.  And they started their marriage on the mission thing which was a joint project ... I bet each partner having employment/school/even regular experiences on a regular basis separate from their home life is completely foreign to her.

The same way it would never have occurred to me to have a marriage and kids without someone having to be gone 8+ hours a day to pay for it.

I can't decide which bothers me more, the near-stalkerish level of cling from Jill or her need to post the most mundane things on the internet in such a "Look what I can do!" way.

4 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

her need to post the most mundane things on the internet in such a "Look what I can do!" way.

What bothers me the most is she has 1.6 million people who choose to follow her so they don't miss a mundane post.

Ugh, I'm conflicted about this too.

On one hand, hey, great for Jill for trying. She probably hasn't sat through many non-religious lectures/classes/events in her life, and I'm all for intellectual improvement. The big old nerd in me thinks it'd be fun to take a class or watch a lecture with a partner and talk about the subject over dinner and whatnot. 

Buuuuuuuttttttttttttt...............:obscene-buttsmiley:

Jill's demonstrated some weird, possessive, stage-5-clinger behavior before, and it's hard for me to believe that this isn't just more of a pre-established pattern of slow suffocation by over-involved spouse. Also, it's a law class, ffs. I'm open to the idea that different people have different interests, but even law students frequently admit that their classes can be on the boring side--and I would imagine that this would be especially so to an outside observer in the latter half of the semester. So I can't imagine that they sit around the living room and talk about tort or chains of evidence after the boys go to bed. 

Verdict: I hope Jill's genuinely interested in the lecture topic and doing it for her own enrichment and not "supportive fundie wife" reasons.

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I just don't know what to say. Is Jill educated enough to truly understand it?

It is first semester content, but it is towards the latter half of the semester, which leads me to posit that maybe she's been doing this all semester (!?!). If she has, I'm sure she's grasping some of it, but if she's just tuning in for one lecture, it seems as though she would have probably missed the foundation lectures that would help it make sense.

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yall - be real - she's only watching to make sure Dwreck isn't sitting near/flirting with a girl.

I would think the camera would be on the professor and not scanning the class, no?

No idea - didn't click on the link to see if I could tell. If the camera's at the back, there may be "heads" visible?

5 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I think there's a difference between the significance of Faygo (which is a distinct brand with somewhat limited distribution) being a part of a culture and simply a slightly different formulation of a product from outside the culture where the difference in formulation is not culturally significant.  I think it would be closer to Faygo if Jill were actually holding up a distinctly Latin soda brand...in which case I would agree with her and you.  But this is an import, and the differences in formulation have really no cultural significance.  The decision to use cane sugar wasn't one made by Latin peoples for cultural reasons, it was one made by the German head company for various profit reasons.  The difference in formulation had nothing to do with culture, and everything to do with sourcing, profit, and various laws. 

Fanta is, and always has been, a Coca-Cola product. There is no German head company. It's true that Fanta was invented in Germany during WWII, but it was invented by the German branch of the Coca-Cola company (the import of cola syrup had been cut off due to the trade embargo on Nazi Germany) and the trademark has always belonged to the Coca-Cola Co.

43 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Watching Jill struggle to learn are the times I almost like and feel sorry for her.

I doubt she's trying to learn.  Watching online is the next best thing to clinging there.  I'm going to guess that the professor has put limits on her visits.

We joke a lot about Jill being clingy but between this and the comment about hating to shop without him, I am starting to feel bad for Jill. Please get a hobby Jill.

I don't think she's retaining anything from the lecture itself, she just wants to keep an eye on her wreck of a husband.

This is pathetic. JellyMuffin, parent your children. They don't need to watch a lecture on your laptop. Get outside, engage with them. No one is going to steal dWreck from you. 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think she's retaining anything from the lecture itself, she just wants to keep an eye on her wreck of a husband.

This is pathetic. JellyMuffin, parent your children. They don't need to watch a lecture on your laptop. Get outside, engage with them. No one is going to steal dWreck from you. 

You know what’s incredibly gross and sad? I bet there are a few gals in AR willing to steal D’Wreck away. I just threw up in my mouth while typing that. 

Jilly Muffin sure seems like she is a whole new level of codependent... I kinda understood it at first (a lot of newly 'in-love' people get a little bit over-involved with their partner, and DWreck was probably the first person to pay sustained attention to her so could see the effect being magnified), but I'm getting a bit creeped out by the whole "hates to go shopping without her husband" and her watching his law classes online - given her sub-par education it's not like shedmbe able to understand a lot of it. I'd feel incredibly smothered if a partner was acting like that, but maybe it's an ego stroke in DWerck land?

Also do these asshats not get how hypocritical they are being with their 'love' of Latin American culture and support of Trump in general and his stupid wall in particular? 

Am I the only one who thinks DWerck going to law school is trying to position himself as a future politician? Innthe Armistice Day pic, all he needs is an American flag pin on his lapel and he'd look right at home skuttling around a republican convention somewhere. Thankfully, he's a long way from charismatic, and hasn't shown a whole lot of stick-to-itness with anything much in life so if he is planning a long those lines, he probably won't be overly successful at it. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived