IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

I think Tori in particular doesn't seem to enjoy the spotlight or much air time at all. I noticed in several of her siblings' IG stories about ILU day she was cringing away from their phone cameras and hiding her face. I think she just does the bare minimum required and that's it. I can't say I fault her for preferring a lower profile. She seemed so uncomfortable when she was getting married, she obviously doesn't enjoy being the center of attention. Bobby seems a bit more outgoing, but they're really like the anti Carvan. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

On 3/12/2020 at 1:32 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Tori is my bet, along with Erin, to have the most kids. I think both will keep going until they aren't able to. And definitely she looks a lot like Kelly, I think Alyssa favours Kelly too. 

What is Bobby doing for work these days, helping Kelton with plumbing or cmChad with construction? 

Bori posted an update on Instagram that baby Kondor will be here in the next 2-3 weeks. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20200312_002742.thumb.jpg.8151f2721f3a9ceb5413db3ea9c51079.jpg

Bobby was employed by Kelton in his new company. Lucky for him that he got a friend to offer him a job when the pastor thing failed. And i agree, i think Tori is going to keep having babies and more babies. All her sisters seem to have something else going on in their lifes besides motherhood (the store or some part time job) but she doesnt.

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I think Tori in particular doesn't seem to enjoy the spotlight or much air time at all. I noticed in several of her siblings' IG stories about ILU day she was cringing away from their phone cameras and hiding her face. I think she just does the bare minimum required and that's it. I can't say I fault her for preferring a lower profile. She seemed so uncomfortable when she was getting married, she obviously doesn't enjoy being the center of attention. Bobby seems a bit more outgoing, but they're really like the anti Carvan. 

She used to be loud and obnoxious. Around the time she met Bobby her personality changed. I have wondered if she changed to be more appealing to him. As a teen on the first series, she and Carlin were very similar. She has lost some of the brashness but she is still very petulant and whiny. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 8

Tori was also a VERY outspoken girl. This is a trait I actually "sometimes" like seeing in young fundie girls. I remember an episode when the Duggar's were helping fix up their house. Jill was painting a door brown. Tori wasn't happy with that color and said it was, icky. I laughed because I never would have thought she would say such a thing. Plus Jill looked a little annoyed, but kept on painting. Not a bit fundie over here and I would told her to pick another color and paint it her own damn self! But hey, nobody's perfect...even well raised fundies.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Tori was also a VERY outspoken girl. This is a trait I actually "sometimes" like seeing in young fundie girls. I remember an episode when the Duggar's were helping fix up their house. Jill was painting a door brown. Tori wasn't happy with that color and said it was, icky. I laughed because I never would have thought she would say such a thing. Plus Jill looked a little annoyed, but kept on painting. Not a bit fundie over here and I would told her to pick another color and paint it her own damn self! But hey, nobody's perfect...even well raised fundies.

She called it yuck colors. For a while she was unleashed. Then she would throw out some insincere apologies. I think it was while Michaela was dress shopping that she said something and even the sales woman called her out. 

Her snippy attitudes and comments were amusing as an outsider until they became rude to others. She eventually (because of Bobby or awareness) became quieter and changed the narrative to being shy. She is one they changed the show narrative on a lot. Just look at cooking. She went from didn't want to learn to volunteering for cooking for so to doesn't know how to cook anything. I think the on screen talk of her being shy or uncomfortable with attention was more of an excuse to mitigate the way audiences would see her when she brushed off her aunt about the cake, her mom and sisters about the conversation on the boat, and the wedding shower.  

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Jill was painting a door brown. Tori wasn't happy with that color and said it was, icky. I laughed because I never would have thought she would say such a thing.

I always took that as less of a sign of her being outspoken, but as a sign the Bates raising rude, privileged children who think people should just do stuff for them and do it how they like. She was really rude and I wondered what Jill would have said if a camera hadn't been pointed right at her. Was it Erin who said something to Tori on camera about not saying stuff like that? Tori was on the young, teen side so she probably didn't realize you don't say on camera things like that, but I wouldn't be shocked if behind the scenes Gil and Kelly bitched a great deal when things didn't go exactly how they liked, 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

You have to account for how someone is as a teen doesn’t necessarily set them one specific way into adulthood. Becoming a parent changes some people a lot. 

Tori got a lot of online hate for her behavior leading up to her wedding, in particular. Maybe she read some of it and decided she didn’t want to be so public. She might be just the same as always with the people who know her and just took a step back from sharing herself with the internet. 

• Upvote 12

I just realised my cousin's wife is due the same day as Tori - also with her second! They're also doing an M theme (because their names both start with M). Fortunately so far as I know, they only intend to have 2, and not try for a world record.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure it's fair to bring up Tori's behavior as a teen. I know personally I said and did some things that i would never say or do now.

Hopefully her education helps the Bates littles get a better education than they would have otherwise.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

I'm not sure it's fair to bring up Tori's behavior as a teen. I know personally I said and did some things that i would never say or do now.

Hopefully her education helps the Bates littles get a better education than they would have otherwise.

If it was only then, it would be one thing. I brought it up as early examples of her behavior. The current narrative on the show  is that she is shy and dislikes the spotlight. I think that is an excuse for her coming off ungrateful and sullen. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Why don’t they just send them to school? The point of homeschooling is the parent being involved in their schooling. This makes me mad.

That's not the point of homeschooling to them.  To them it's to remain separate from heathens, and also from other Christians who have different beliefs. 

It's not about education for them - it's about isolation.

• Upvote 33
  • I Agree 8

Lily and Ellie are getting slammed in the comments. Tori doesn't appear to be a very good teacher.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

If Tori was rogue and rude, for a fundie, received push back, and has now gone silent, YAHOO. It’s the way it should work. Too bad she can’t remove her kid(s) from the media spotlight. 

• Upvote 2

The Tori-as-teacher video just made me wince! Why is she being so aggressively strict with the little kids? I wonder what it was like for her growing up. Why are the children watching Tori colour something in rather than doing it themselves? Why are they doing flash cards? Why have they already got Brooklyn pegged as “the most bad”? Ugh, ugh, ugh. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

On 3/18/2020 at 3:50 AM, marmalade said:

Lily and Ellie are getting slammed in the comments. Tori doesn't appear to be a very good teacher.

Many of the posters seem to be homeschoolers themselves or identify as Christians (I am assuming the more conservative way). It’s actually nice to see that they all agree that Tori’s teaching is subpar. That gives me hope. Also that many stated clearly that it wasn’t age appropriate and that Brooklyn shouldn’t be called the “bad” one.

I was always a defender of her regarding her behaviour but her teaching is just miserable. She is pregnant and has a young son- if she hasn’t got the energy, patients or time to prepare engaging lessons and teach those children in an age appropriate way, she should just stop. Either she isn’t cut to be a teacher (for the young ages?) or CrownCollege has failed to put enough age appropriate didactically in its schedule. Or both. Millions of parents and other caters are fine with just Pinterest (or other resources) instead of “higher education” (if you will Crown call that) to provide their children with fun educational activities.

Poor Brocklyn. She definitely isn’t her mother’s favourite. So many thoughts that I am not going to say out loud. My heart breaks for her.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 3

She has no patience for a preschool/kindergarten class... and that also says A LOT about Clown College.

I join the sentiment, poor Brooklyn.

• Upvote 12

Maybe Tori never really wanted to become a teacher. I wonder if she got pushed into it as the "best" option to teach all the grand-Bateseseseses.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

She graduated with honors but did she get to actually help or train in a classroom setting. What's it called when students get to train and teach a class before graduating  with an education degree? Tutoring her siblings growing up does not count. Not trying to make excuses, but being heavily pregnant can really take a toll on your patience sometimes. With that being said, she had better take notice of this since she will probably be pregnant very often like her mom. I remember a segment when her siblings said she was the most strict with family rules. If this is the case...I sure feel bad for her kids.

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Did she already announce baby two yet on this timeline? 

Did she have him already? Thought he was due next month. Then again, April is pretty close.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

She graduated with honors but did she get to actually help or train in a classroom setting. What's it called when students get to train and teach a class before graduating  with an education degree? Tutoring her siblings growing up does not count. Not trying to make excuses, but being heavily pregnant can really take a toll on your patience sometimes. With that being said, she had better take notice of this since she will probably be pregnant very often like her mom. I remember a segment when her siblings said she was the most strict with family rules. If this is the case...I sure feel bad for her kids.

Accredited programs have field experiences and student teaching. Crown has a 12 credit hours internship or senior forum. From looking at the curriculum, a student doesn't get any time in the elementary classroom until the end. My elementary degree required hours of teaching and observation every semester.

No doubt that Crown probably struggles to find placements for everyone. K12 public schools are not going to want the Crown students in the classroom. They are not even close to eligible for licensing. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic