IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith Part 5: Had Kade and Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always said I would name a cat Purr-sephone one day. 

My future cat name is Vlad the Impaler

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

My future cat name is Vlad the Impaler

My 7 year old says our next cat will be Sir Meowsalot. 

I say no. Much too long. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I really hope both Kolter and Spurgeon puts in their veto if their future wives wants a son to be a junior. :kitty-wink:

Jessa? :shifty:

It's been speculated that not even Jessa likes the name Spurgeon. She humored Ben, but then for the subsequent ones she put her foot down. She tried to make calling him Elliot a thing, but it didn't stick, which is unfortunate because I feel like Spurgeon looks like an Eli.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

It's been speculated that not even Jessa likes the name Spurgeon. She humored Ben, but then for the subsequent ones she put her foot down. She tried to make calling him Elliot a thing, but it didn't stick, which is unfortunate because I feel like Spurgeon looks like an Eli.

When and how did she try? I don’t remember seeing that. He does look like an Eli. I have gotten used to spurgeon now. Pity it’s unlikely he will grow up to be a surgeon. Then his name would be super cool

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

When and how did she try? I don’t remember seeing that. He does look like an Eli. I have gotten used to spurgeon now. Pity it’s unlikely he will grow up to be a surgeon. Then his name would be super cool

So I found nothing in an instagram deep dive from the first year of his like, although she did call him "Baby Quincy" for a while, and then never simply called him Spurgeon, always Spurgeon Elliot.

I believe it was on episodes of Counting On from that time, but I rarely actually watch the show and so if someone that does regularly watch it and remembers that era could chime in, I would be grateful.

And yes, new avatar pic comes via said deep dive of IG, so thank-you for that ❤️

• Upvote 4

On 10/28/2019 at 3:52 PM, JordynDarby5 said:

So do I. I love Greek myths names. They are just so awesome. Persephone and Andromeda are my favorite with Cassiopeia. I'd love to name kids those names. Also Pandora, Io, Antigone, Hera, Apollo, Athena, Atlas, Prometheus, Ares, Artemis, Hermes, Demeter, and so many more.  

I feel like I just read the Malfoy/Black family tree names lol

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

On 10/29/2019 at 7:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I always said I would name a cat Purr-sephone one day. 

That was my sweet kitty's name, we always called her purr. She passed away 3 years ago and I still miss her so much.

I've said if I have another cat I'll name it Hades. Very NOT fundie. Let's not forget Persephone was queen of the underworld...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 5

Doug and Jamie from Married at first sight both call their daughter differently.

Her name is Henley Grace, Doug calls her Henley and Jamie calls her Gracie.

Even though Elliot is way better than Spurgeon, I am happy that they did not go that way. Sounds very confusing to me. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Doug and Jamie from Married at first sight both call their daughter differently.

Her name is Henley Grace, Doug calls her Henley and Jamie calls her Gracie.

Even though Elliot is way better than Spurgeon, I am happy that they did not go that way. Sounds very confusing to me. 

My extended family is so full of nicknames that my husband still gets a lot of my cousins confused. Some have multiple nicknames. And some have the same nickname. It is confusing for people outside our strange family.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

They can always use a middle name as their first when they get older. Ronan Farrow's full legal name at birth was Satchel Ronan O'Sullivan Farrow. He now goes by half of his original names. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

14 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Like Per Stephanie without the T.

Oh! That's pretty!! I was thinking it was pronounced "pursa phone"

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

That Greek e at the end always gets English speakers! Like Chloe, Zoe, Hermione...

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, TatertotAsserole said:

They can always use a middle name as their first when they get older. Ronan Farrow's full legal name at birth was Satchel Ronan O'Sullivan Farrow. He now goes by half of his original names. 

I really like Ronan Farrow. But I will say that a few of the Farrow children have changed their names over the years. It’s just a weird fact I remember about Mia Farrow’s kids. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Like Per Stephanie without the T.

Persepho-NEE? No way!

My french-speaking ass is flabbergasted! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 11/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, mollysmom said:

I always thought Persephone was pronounced that way too. How did I not know the right pronunciation? Especially since I took a mythology class as part of my GE.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Zebedee said:

My Latin and Greek teacher from school has two cats: Purrsephone and Clawdius.

I have hypothetical kid names... But I never intend to have kids. They are also pretty normal since I believe in not inflicting children with burdens (like my name)... So usually I skim all human name drift with minimal emotional energy.

Pet names though - that's a whole nother thing. I take that seriously. I have all sorts for different species and no one can drag them out of me. ☺️

I know of a kitty named Hepfuzztus. He goes by Fuzz.

• Upvote 6

I don’t want kids but if I ever have a boy I would name him after my dad and grandma. They were the two most important people in my life growing up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

On 11/2/2019 at 3:18 AM, Vivi_music said:

Persepho-NEE? No way!

My french-speaking ass is flabbergasted! :pb_lol:

I'm also surprised!

I learned to pronounce it Per-SAY-pho-nay

(it is quite difficult to write out pronunciations in a non-native language ?

It was always one of my favorite mytical stories.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 2

As I love both Greek mythology and video games, my two future dogs will be called Chop (after Frankie’s dog in GTA V) and Agamemnon (after the Iliad).  

• Upvote 2

On 10/22/2019 at 11:24 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I generally just say "oh nice" and leave it at that, but I was blindsided and not prepared, when she said it. :embarrassed:

I'm working with a mom right now whose daughters name is Persephone. It is "interesting."

• Upvote 1

While I love Greek mythology, and I can see why you would love to use the names (because they are beautiful) I don’t think that Persephone has a nice background story to give that name to a child. The name is beautiful but I couldn’t split it from it’s story. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

While I love Greek mythology, and I can see why you would love to use the names (because they are beautiful) I don’t think that Persephone has a nice background story to give that name to a child. The name is beautiful but I couldn’t split it from it’s story. ?‍♀️

Yeah, this is what ruins most Greek myth names for me.  A lot of them don't turn out well.  I really love the name Cassandra, but she had the most miserable life.  To me, naming a kid that would feel almost like cursing the poor thing.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic