IGNORED

Jinjer 45: First a Preacher then a Seminarian

Coconut Flan

I so wish he could meet my univeirsity professor who taught philosophy of the Middle Ages. I quote: “The bible was written by simple minded people, they didn’t think about the mortality of pure spirits“.

(Which was a big problem for Middle Ages philosophers who tried to prove the bible true but still acknowledge the laws of logic. Basically most of them ended up with very interesting concepts that often didn’t match everything the bible says. One of my favourite is the question if women would resurrect as men in heaven- because any physical damage would be repaired. He came to the conclusion being a woman is a “natural” abnormality which wouldn’t be corrected while an missing arm would be corrected. Can’t live with only men in heaven- husband and husband just think about it. If I recall correct it was Francis of Assisi. Talking about a hilarious lecture but the struggle was real for those philosophers.)

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice photo on Jinjer's IG of JB, M, Jordyn, Gideon and Felicity-

43 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Wow Johannah is losing the early teens awkwardness fast.

She looks so much like Jana.

I also see some Joy in her. She is beautiful and I am glad that she no longer looks exactly like her oldest brother!

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

Wow Johannah is losing the early teens awkwardness fast.

She looks so much like Jana.

So much like Jana when they had that glam up before Jill's wedding. But I always thought it was way overdone for Jana:

Spoiler

image.png.8df63d9153838918c671e81b8e0c8002.png

Personally, I think it's a bit overdone for Johanna as well, also given her age, but she's probably enjoying being more part of the "grown up" sisters now and dressing up for a special occasion. Again, just my personal opinion ?

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

I love Gideon!

Not to stir up crap, and maybe it's the angle of that photo, but Felicity appears the same size (or even bigger) as Gideon.

I really, really question the level of prenatal care Joy received, and her follow through with instructions given.

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Not to stir up crap, and maybe it's the angle of that photo, but Felicity appears the same size (or even bigger) as Gideon.

I really, really question the level of prenatal care Joy received, and her follow through with instructions given.

I have to agree. And in no way dont want to shame the baby or even Joy and her choices in pregnancy or after, but Gideon looks very tiny and fragile for his age. 

Gideon looks fine. Not all babies are chunkers. My son was born a few days before Gideon and they look pretty similar in size.

@SassyPants,  I thought that WAS Joy with Jinger at first.  Partly confused by the similar names and party because of the resemblance.  

@DillyDally,  I agree about Jana being overdone.  She looks so lovely just as she normally is.  

Nah. Gideon has a slimmer face/head shape than Felicity. 

Not saying he’s skinnier, just that his bone structure is different. 

2 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Gideon looks fine. Not all babies are chunkers. My son was born a few days before Gideon and they look pretty similar in size.

Former NICU nurse here (35 year career) and there is such a thing as a growth curve...so size at birth matters; length, weight and especially HC matter. Every child will be compared against the averages AND watched for their particular growth curve. Gideon started out as LGA (a larger than average baby), so his healthy GC might be different than those born smaller, over all.

2 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Agreed. Babies come in all shapes and sizes. Jeremy is taller and broader than Gideon's dad. Genes are of course  different and even siblings with the same parents come in different sizes.

Then add in that pictures never ever tell the truth when it comes to size. Have you ever tried to photograph a newborn foot..haha? 

Geesh would hate to have the smallest kid in the class with some people's comments here judging the size of babies through photos. 

Gideon is my pet fav fundie baby.

The Z Bate's and Seewald babies are model perfect and they are so cute. 

Something about Gideon and his smooshy quirky happy look makes my ovaries hurt to bursting point.

I also think all babies are beautiful, purely because they are innocence personified. I look at them and see that they should be loved and nutured and it makes me happy and see their beauty. 

But that saying some are just so more dam cuter than others.. lol 

I would not have known that was Johannah without the caption. It looks like she grew out of looking like a Josh clone. Good for her.

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I would not have known that was Johannah without the caption. It looks like she grew out of looking like a Josh clone. Good for her.

I always thought she was a clone of one of the boy twins. not the darker curly haired one. 

I've always thought she's looked most like jana, which is ironic because Johannah is the oldest "little" girl in the second round of girl duggars. But she is quite a blend as well now too.  As much as I love the picture, is anyone worried that she is going through the "necessary" change of being a little Duggar girl vs. the prepping for courting in the distant/unfortunately not-so-distant future?  Kinda concerns me a bit, but she is definitely beautiful and I love the picture! 

2 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

As much as I love the picture, is anyone worried that she is going through the "necessary" change of being a little Duggar girl vs. the prepping for courting in the distant/unfortunately not-so-distant future?  Kinda concerns me a bit, but she is definitely beautiful and I love the picture! 

I thought something along these lines as well. She's beautiful, but I'm sure she's under heavier indoctrination as a teen and being prepared to marry. It makes me sad; I wish she were a normal 13 year old, having her first crush, going to school dances, and hanging out with her friends. However, I'm betting she's being trained now to be a "lady". I wonder if she's still allowed to be really close to her tween sisters, or if she has been told she's entered another "season of life". I see her position as one without comparison. The four older daughters were heavy duty sister moms at her age, and Joy was part of a cohort of boys, instead of having sisters just a little bit younger than she is.

I hope this makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I thought something along these lines as well. She's beautiful, but I'm sure she's under heavier indoctrination as a teen and being prepared to marry. It makes me sad; I wish she were a normal 13 year old, having her first crush, going to school dances, and hanging out with her friends. However, I'm betting she's being trained now to be a "lady". I wonder if she's still allowed to be really close to her tween sisters, or if she has been told she's entered another "season of life". I see her position as one without comparison. The four older daughters were heavy duty sister moms at her age, and Joy was part of a cohort of boys, instead of having sisters just a little bit younger than she is.

I hope this makes sense.

What is especially sad for her is that she doesn't really have any similarly aged female role models or peers. Jenny is 2 years younger and Jana is close to 16 years older. She really is in an unfortunate position in the family.

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Obviously it’s the angle. Michelle’s head is generally not twice the size of Jim Bob’s either. 

Also, I don’t think we’ve seen virtually any recent photos of Garrett, it could be him. Isn’t he very close in age to Felicity? 

17 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Obviously it’s the angle. Michelle’s head is generally not twice the size of Jim Bob’s either. 

Also, I don’t think we’ve seen virtually any recent photos of Garrett, it could be him. Isn’t he very close in age to Felicity? 

I agree with you about it being the angle that's making Michelle and Felicity seem bigger. That's definitely Gideon, not Garrett.

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

Jinger tagged Joy over gideon’s body so it’s definitely him. However, Jinger just posted a picture today in which you can catch a glimpse of Garrett. And yeah he’s about a month and a half older than felicity

AF8B6CA9-65AF-444A-A7BB-DF747F5C6EAD.jpeg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived