IGNORED

Jinjer 45: First a Preacher then a Seminarian

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I feel like they are attempting a Duggar Girls 2.0 with youngest daughters and Mack.

This is an interesting theory. If I'm not mistaken, the Jana-Jinger (maybe Joy too) girl set has always been the biggest draw of the franchise, besides the general freak show quality of the family... sorry not sorry. It would be absolutely bonkers if they were able to reinvigorate the brand in five years or so when the younger generation of girls is a bit older. Some younger siblings-in-law could even make it into the mix.

Imagine a Growing Up Duggar sequel! 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it would be smart of them to attempt it. The main focus has always been the older Duggar girls, with Joy being shoved in there as well once she was of "marrying age". Now they're all married and having children, and due to the overwhelming volume, the appeal has died down because how many babies can you get excited for? I could easily see them trying to build up the younger girls. 

*Unfortunately , I think the popularity of Duggar Girls 2.0 has the potential to be much greater. They were all born on and are growing up on tv. They are also very pretty like the older girls and are being portrayed as been somewhat talented (the cd, Josie sing the national anthem). The older girls were already teens or pre-teens when the first specials aired.

*I say unfortunately because these kids need to be kids not exploited on tv in order to keep the big bucks rolling in.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

*Unfortunately , I think the popularity of Duggar Girls 2.0 has the potential to be much greater. They were all born on and are growing up on tv. They are also very pretty like the older girls and are being portrayed as been somewhat talented (the cd, Josie sing the national anthem). The older girls were already teens or pre-teens when the first specials aired.

*I say unfortunately because these kids need to be kids not exploited on tv in order to keep the big bucks rolling in.

I think it has potential, but I think the timing is off.  The truth is, kids are kind of boring for a bit.  The elder girls we hit at just the right time.  We saw them leave childhood, enter their teenage years where they engaged in all sorts of new experiences, and then enter adulthood.  That makes for pretty good TV!  And to be honest, I don't think they could have held attention on their own in the beginning when they were still young.  TLC certainly didn't think they could. Originally, Kids and Counting was focused far more on the family as a whole, and Josh's courtship/engagement/marriage/family.  The older girls didn't even start to have significant storylines until they were old enough to be more independent.  

But in terms of starting DuggarGirls 2.0 off right now, what are the girls doing that would hold interest?  They mostly do the same mundane things as any 6-10 year old (school, play with friends, etc.).  Maybe they play with their nieces and nephews, but family titles aside, many kids would have similar relationships with cousins.  The family is too overexposed to get away with many more "Let's go buy glasses" or "Let's go to the dentist" episodes, and what else would kids that age be doing that could possibly be featured?  The singing they can get away with for a bit, but they can't do an entire story-line out of it without openly acknowledging how little Michelle does with the other kids still at home...and people are asking many more questions of the Duggars than they were before the Josh scandals broke.  They can't get away with the constant touring they were doing while they were supposedly schooling like they did back in the day.  

I think if they go back to yearly specials, by the time the girls are teens, they could see a resurgence in interest.  But for right now, they aren't all that interesting. They're just kids.  Regular kids.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  BUT if we're going to watch regular kids, I'd rather watch the NEXT generation of Duggarlings...not for the kids themselves, but to see the differences in parenting styles.  For example, I enjoyed the episode where Ben was home with the kids, just because it was interesting to see Ben alone with the kids.  If Derick were still volunteering for TLC, I would have been interested to see him with his kids as well (and Jill and Jessa, but I do feel like we get a sense of how they parent from social media).  I would NOT find the same episode interesting with the younger girls because I've already seen JB, Jana, and Michelle manage littles eleventy million times.  

So I don't know.  I think we could see TLC move away from Duggars past, and move instead to focusing everything around the grown kids and their families....cutting out the younger girls for their nieces and nephews.  

I wish TLC would call JB and tell them they are cancelling this monotony and to give them a call if any of the kids leave the fold, J'Chelle cuts her hair, or Anna files for divorce; then they'll talk doing a special.

17 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wish TLC would call JB and tell them they are cancelling this monotony and to give them a call if any of the kids leave the fold, J'Chelle cuts her hair, or Anna files for divorce; then they'll talk doing a special.

Me too, but I would scratch the Michelle hair cut.  Last time she did that, it just got creepy and weird with how distressed she was that her hair was no longer in the exact 80's style JB preferred.  I get doing things for your spouse, but you should be able to explore different haircuts.  Frankly, after the infamous Duggar girls perm episode and that, I never want to hear about Duggar hair ever again UNLESS I can be assured JB will either not be considered or will be given the finger. 

So when one of the daughters gets a pixie cut or bob, I am THERE.  

1 minute ago, Georgiana said:

Me too, but I would scratch the Michelle hair cut.  Last time she did that, it just got creepy and weird with how distressed she was that her hair was no longer in the exact 80's style JB preferred.  I get doing things for your spouse, but you should be able to explore different haircuts.  Frankly, after the infamous Duggar girls perm episode and that, I never want to hear about Duggar hair ever again UNLESS I can be assured JB will either not be considered or will be given the finger. 

That's the difference between us, I enjoy her stupid imaginary trauma :) 

How different it must be for the current younger girls though. They don't have loads of infants coming after them that they are needing to take care of. 

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's the difference between us, I enjoy her stupid imaginary trauma :) 

Wellll......if my one big attempt at a style change ended with my having the exact same hair cut as my mother-in-Law - I might have a hard time hiding my negative reaction too !:mindblowing:

8 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

How different it must be for the current younger girls though. They don't have loads of infants coming after them that they are needing to take care of. 

Endless nieces and nephews to be shoved on them. Free baby sitting. 

12 hours ago, Georgiana said:

haha I was bored so I decided to run the duggar girls through a hairstyle try thing but no one actually looked that good with a pixie cut. Jessa rocks a long bob though. Some of my results are under the spoiler ?

Spoiler

277637279_Jessabob.PNG.1ba0dc342d5166f829f836290ebee3c8.PNG337488758_Jingershort.PNG.5cf5b853e5c1bffde79bfa7aa8046acd.PNG

169279210_Janacurls.PNG.98237599761afe6467681abcbf09fd05.PNG

2103547128_Jillblond.PNG.da8d3c60b5d77591d26699e73dcc5feb.PNG

1157352660_Joyspiky.PNG.24d427bf0789d8639e453a497835db4b.PNG

It was kind of hard though because I had to find pictures with no hair in their face ?

16 hours ago, viii said:

Maybe due to the lack of courtships/pregnancies, they're relying on the little girls for some extra publicity. 

Which is weird if it's a show about the married and procreating 2nd generation Duggars!

7 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

haha I was bored so I decided to run the duggar girls through a hairstyle try thing but no one actually looked that good with a pixie cut. Jessa rocks a long bob though. Some of my results are under the spoiler ?

Hide contents

277637279_Jessabob.PNG.1ba0dc342d5166f829f836290ebee3c8.PNG337488758_Jingershort.PNG.5cf5b853e5c1bffde79bfa7aa8046acd.PNG

It was kind of hard though because I had to find pictures with no hair in their face ?

Jill's would be OK in brown.

31 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Hide contents

Jill looks like Lecy Goranson and Joy like a young professor Sprout!

15 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I think it has potential, but I think the timing is off.  The truth is, kids are kind of boring for a bit.  The elder girls we hit at just the right time.  We saw them leave childhood, enter their teenage years where they engaged in all sorts of new experiences, and then enter adulthood.  That makes for pretty good TV!  And to be honest, I don't think they could have held attention on their own in the beginning when they were still young.  TLC certainly didn't think they could. Originally, Kids and Counting was focused far more on the family as a whole, and Josh's courtship/engagement/marriage/family.  The older girls didn't even start to have significant storylines until they were old enough to be more independent.  

But in terms of starting DuggarGirls 2.0 off right now, what are the girls doing that would hold interest?  They mostly do the same mundane things as any 6-10 year old (school, play with friends, etc.).  Maybe they play with their nieces and nephews, but family titles aside, many kids would have similar relationships with cousins.  The family is too overexposed to get away with many more "Let's go buy glasses" or "Let's go to the dentist" episodes, and what else would kids that age be doing that could possibly be featured?  The singing they can get away with for a bit, but they can't do an entire story-line out of it without openly acknowledging how little Michelle does with the other kids still at home...and people are asking many more questions of the Duggars than they were before the Josh scandals broke.  They can't get away with the constant touring they were doing while they were supposedly schooling like they did back in the day.  

I think if they go back to yearly specials, by the time the girls are teens, they could see a resurgence in interest.  But for right now, they aren't all that interesting. They're just kids.  Regular kids.  And there's nothing wrong with that.  BUT if we're going to watch regular kids, I'd rather watch the NEXT generation of Duggarlings...not for the kids themselves, but to see the differences in parenting styles.  For example, I enjoyed the episode where Ben was home with the kids, just because it was interesting to see Ben alone with the kids.  If Derick were still volunteering for TLC, I would have been interested to see him with his kids as well (and Jill and Jessa, but I do feel like we get a sense of how they parent from social media).  I would NOT find the same episode interesting with the younger girls because I've already seen JB, Jana, and Michelle manage littles eleventy million times.  

So I don't know.  I think we could see TLC move away from Duggars past, and move instead to focusing everything around the grown kids and their families....cutting out the younger girls for their nieces and nephews.  

Not that I disagree with your general point, but the younger girls are actually a lot older than your think. Josie is turning 9 in a few days, and Johannah is 13, so she's already a teen. If this were a normal family, she would be making a lot of new experiences at this age. Unfortunately, with the Duggars, it just means that her life is going to be pretty much exactly the same for the next 5 years, until she's of marriageable age. Not much to film until then.

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Endless nieces and nephews to be shoved on them. Free baby sitting. 

I think you make a valid point, but there’s still a big difference. The J Slaves were responsible for their buddies at all hours of the day and night. The Little J Girls very likely have to babysit (whether they do so willingly or not), but they also probably don’t have to care for infants or toddlers during the night all the time like the eldest girls did. 

11 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I think you make a valid point, but there’s still a big difference. The J Slaves were responsible for their buddies at all hours of the day and night. The Little J Girls very likely have to babysit (whether they do so willingly or not), but they also probably don’t have to care for infants or toddlers during the night all the time like the eldest girls did. 

This.  And they won't be responsible for their home schooling, regular meals, or any of the other million things that come with raising kids.

We snark so much on the older Duggar girls (myself absolutely included) and sometimes it's sobering to remember just how much of their childhood was stolen from them.

Unless the young girls start being farmed out to the mothers to “assist” them . Which by their logic is perfect training for the future , yes?  If in a year or four  Jill or Jessa want to go out of town for a week with their husbands Hannie and Jennifer can care for 5 kids because it’s not like the latter will have school, outside activities or friends to go to. 

52 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Not that I disagree with your general point, but the younger girls are actually a lot older than your think. Josie is turning 9 in a few days, and Johannah is 13, so she's already a teen. If this were a normal family, she would be making a lot of new experiences at this age. Unfortunately, with the Duggars, it just means that her life is going to be pretty much exactly the same for the next 5 years, until she's of marriageable age. Not much to film until then.

Thank you!  I should have realized this because I did raise an eyebrow at Jill spoon-feeding Josie right after her marriage to Derick.  Josie was 5 at the time, so I don't know how I thought she was still 6.  But yeah, sadly and unfortunately for the Duggar girls, nothing will really happen in their lives of interest until they are old enough to court.  I very much hope the show is dead by then, because I could see them pushing for a young courtship if the Duggar media circus is on it's last legs and they're desperately trying for a save.  

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This.  And they won't be responsible for their home schooling, regular meals, or any of the other million things that come with raising kids.

We snark so much on the older Duggar girls (myself absolutely included) and sometimes it's sobering to remember just how much of their childhood was stolen from them.

Unfortunately, the flip side of this is that these are the girls who had their effectual mothers ripped away from them when the older girls go married.  So while these girls do get a childhood, the childhood they got was one where they were raised by their sisters, then passed down like a worn mustard cardigan to the next eligible caregiver as soon as their sisters moved on to start their own families.

They get to be little girls, but they are lost little girls.  The older girls, by virtue of all the work they did, were at least highly valued by the family.  The littles, save Josie, are treated a bit like the leftover kids that the older girls couldn't finish raising before leaving.

The only winner in the Duggar household was probably Josh, and he blew it big time.  Everyone else just has a different flavor of a sad story.  

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Unless the young girls start being farmed out to the mothers to “assist” them . Which by their logic is perfect training for the future , yes?  If in a year or four  Jill or Jessa want to go out of town for a week with their husbands Hannie and Jennifer can care for 5 kids because it’s not like the latter will have school, outside activities or friends to go to. 

This will absolutely be their fate IF one of their older sister or SILs start pumping them out at Michelle-like pace. So far that has not been the case. Anna is the only one who has really had her kids in a very predictable pattern, but she also seems like she has coped well thus far. I never get the sense from her that she's super stressed or at her breaking point. She seems to enjoy those kids and doing things with them. She also has Mack who can help out a lot with upcoming kids as she's old enough (according to them). But the others just don't need that sort of help and so long as they keep spacing their kids the younger girls will be spared, IMO.

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

They get to be little girls, but they are lost little girls.  The older girls, by virtue of all the work they did, were at least highly valued by the family.  The littles, save Josie, are treated a bit like the leftover kids that the older girls couldn't finish raising before leaving.

This is going to be the reason that I think it will be interesting to see at what age is the Lost Girls marry. For the four oldest daughter's, they basically ran the house and raised the little ones. Jessica as I recall was the youngest when she married, and she was almost 22. The others except for Jana have also married in their early twenties.

Joy, who did not have all the responsibilities her for older sisters did married at 19. I wonder if the younger girls will marry between the ages of 18 and 20 or if they will be older too.

Yes I know in real life it's really unpleasant to think of them marrying, but sadly, in their cult, that's what they have to look forward to.

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And that's why any suggestion or hint that those 2nd generation girls are repeating the same awful parenting pattern or reproductive For-For-ALL, I will be calling them out on it each and every time. Continuing a destructive pattern is the very definition of insanity.

4 hours ago, Georgiana said:

The only winner in the Duggar household was probably Josh, and he blew it big time.  Everyone else just has a different flavor of a sad story.  

The only winners were JB and M- no offspring won anything.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And that's why any suggestion or hint that those 2nd generation girls are repeating the same awful parenting pattern or reproductive For-For-ALL, I will be calling them out on it each and every time. Continuing a destructive pattern is the very definition of insanity.

The only winners were JB and M- no offspring won anything.

It's also the definition of a cycle, and there are many cycles in play that the 2nd gen kids are trapped in.  While it's clear that SOME of the 2nd gen kids recognize that their parents' practices were not the best, it's also clear that some of them do not have this perspective.  It's similar to abuse: people who grew up in abusive homes tend to repeat that abuse in their own homes, sometimes simply because that's what is normal to them and they don't see the behavior as being bad.  It doesn't excuse repeating the behavior, it doesn't mean we shouldn't call it out, but it's important to recognize that not all 2nd gen kids are willfully perpetuating destructive behavior.  Many of them are just doing what they see as normal.  

But you're right...none of the offspring won anything.  JB and M failed all their children, and I hope that eventually, they feel the consequences of that.  

Ok two things. The seewald’s parent account. Had a pic of jb standing and snuggling Josie in the background. Never see the other little girls get as much attention as Josie. I know she is the baby and a precious miracle. But wtf all babies are miracles. I wanna take Jennie and jordyn home with me. 

Next. The pic Jessa put up on instagram of the little girls. Omg Hannie has grown. She used to be a clone of one of the two boy twins. (Jed I think) She is still a Duggar but help a girl out who is she channeling here? I can see Jessa and joy but am I missing someone? She just reminds me of the older girls but I just can’t pin who or maybe it’s all of them?

11 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

The pic Jessa put up on instagram of the little girls. Omg Hannie has grown. She used to be a clone of one of the two boy twins. (Jed I think) She is still a Duggar but help a girl out who is she channeling here? I can see Jessa and joy but am I missing someone? She just reminds me of the older girls but I just can’t pin who or maybe it’s all of them?

I agree! Mostly a Jessa/Jinger mix for me.

Also (this may be a bit weird), but I had my first kiss when I was 13 (almost 14), compare that to teenage Johanna who now seems to be stuck with her younger sisters (Josie is only 9!) for that stupid CD and well... the Duggar brand. Not saying that she should have the same experience as me, but just something more age-appropriate that being dragged on stage/camera with prezzzzious miracle baby Josie.

Also, can somebody please put a fitting top on Josie? Thankyouverymuch.

Here's the pic, so you know what I'm rambling about:

Johannah+Jordyn+Mackynzie+Jennifer+Josie

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived