IGNORED

Jinjer 45: First a Preacher then a Seminarian

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, Elvis Presby said:

My 2nd daughter is named Miranda.  When my 3rd came along he called her ME-mo when he first started trying to say her name.  He adapted a little and called her DEE-da for a couple of years.  He finally could say it right when he was 4 or so.  She is grown and married now, about to be a mom herself.  She still answers to Dee-da.  ?

A family member had a slight hearing impediment when his brother was born. To him, 'Orlando' sounded like 'your lando' so he started referring to the little brother as 'My Lando'! The nickname stuck and it makes a very cute story!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinger is rocking the classic postpartum "my hair is falling out" hairline. I have it too and I'm really self conscious about it so I haven't been wearing my hair pulled back, in an attempt to hide my bald temples. Hopefully she isn't as bothered by it as I am, it's totally normal. She looks great.

6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jinger is rocking the classic postpartum "my hair is falling out" hairline.

I have that hairline and finding a person to cut my hair WITHOUT removing too much in the front has always been a challenge. Bangs/fringe will never work for me.

My hairline, though, is genetic. I have it, my mom had it, my daughter has it.

I never EVER pull my hair back because I don't want it to show. :/ 

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have that hairline and finding a person to cut my hair WITHOUT removing too much in the front has always been a challenge. Bangs/fringe will never work for me.

My hairline, though, is genetic. I have it, my mom had it, my daughter has it.

I never EVER pull my hair back because I don't want it to show. :/ 

I’m the exact same! It’s just my natural hairline. I don’t wear my hair up without bits down at the front to cover it. My hair is all the one length save for the front which is cut to frame my face and hide those bits lol 

18 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@Elvis Presby Just a head’s up - kids are really good at picking the names that they want to call their grandparents by, regardless of what Grandma or Grandpa may want. My MIL just experienced that with my daughter. :pb_lol:

We have Bamma and Bampa in our house. Kiddo is the only grandchild and has a speech delay - so they've been that since he could speak. I think he COULD start trying to say the Gr sound now - but... WE call them Bamma & Bampa too so are sort of reinforcing it.

I had a Nan and a Nana growing up. I'm not a grandmother yet, but when I am I want to be Gigi or Mimi. My girls all said no way to that. Guess I'll be Nan too, or maybe Grandma. But inside, I'll secretly be a Gigi. ?

I haven't seen The Crown yet, so spill, FJers who have! How Fundy-inappropriate is it? 

12 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I haven't seen The Crown yet, so spill, FJers who have! How Fundy-inappropriate is it? 

It isn't that bad, there is not God and white Jesus saving anyone, and no abortion, so I'm not sure most Duggars would know what to think.  It is really good though, you should watch it.

Now these two need to get to it and watch The Haunting of Hill House.  It is SOOOOOO GOOOD!  And totally unfundy approved skeeeery monsters.

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

@allthegoodnamesrgoneNo. No Haunting. Watched 2 episodes. Couldn't handle the  cockroaches and little kitty cats. I'm done.

There are no cockroaches and little kitty cats. I'm still processing bent neck lady.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

There are a few 'adult situations' scenes which could make someone who was previously sheltered a bit uncomfortable. I love the series!

7 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

There are a few 'adult situations' scenes which could make someone who was previously sheltered a bit uncomfortable. I love the series!

There are a couple pretty risque scenes with Antony Armstrong-Jones in the second season. Definitely not fundie appropriate, but in my experience these people will just justify whatever they want to watch, so it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Matt Smith's bum is seen in the first season. It's a nice bum, I'm not complaining! :P

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Matt Smith's bum is seen in the first season. It's a nice bum, I'm not complaining! :P

Somehow I doubt that Jinger or Jeremy goes and stands in front of the TV set yelling NIKE during those scenes!

Hmmmm. If they're watching The Crown, it's a slippery slope to Game of Thrones and Spartacus.

(I know, not going to happen. One can dream, though...)

3 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I had a Nan and a Nana growing up. I'm not a grandmother yet, but when I am I want to be Gigi or Mimi. My girls all said no way to that. Guess I'll be Nan too, or maybe Grandma. But inside, I'll secretly be a Gigi. ?

My great-grandma was a Gigi.

My family, going back several generations, is exremely bad at STAYING married - so trying to find unique names for every kids multiple grandmothers, grandfathers, current partners/ spouses of grandparents, former partners / spouses of grandparents who are still very much parents to their bonus kids, grandparents once removed because they  are your siblings grandparent , and great grandparents and THEIR partners....and on and on and on .....can be a little challenging ?

6 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

My great-grandma was a Gigi.

My family, going back several generations, is exremely bad at STAYING married - so trying to find unique names for every kids multiple grandmothers, grandfathers, current partners/ spouses of grandparents, former partners / spouses of grandparents who are still very much parents to their bonus kids, grandparents once removed because they  are your siblings grandparent , and great grandparents and THEIR partners....and on and on and on .....can be a little challenging ?

We don’t have kids yet, but my in-laws have been labeled by their other grandchildren already.. Nanny and Grand Dude! The grand dude thing started as a joke, but my neices learned it before they came up with anything better so now he is stuck with it. 

29 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Hmmmm. If they're watching The Crown, it's a slippery slope to Game of Thrones and Spartacus.

(I know, not going to happen. One can dream, though...)

Oh, Lort! ?  I can just imagine Jinger and Jeremy watching Spartacus.  They would need an exorcism after watching!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived