IGNORED

Jinjer 45: First a Preacher then a Seminarian

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

I agree! Mostly a Jessa/Jinger mix for me.

Also (this may be a bit weird), but I had my first kiss when I was 13 (almost 14), compare that to teenage Johanna who now seems to be stuck with her younger sisters (Josie is only 9!) for that stupid CD and well... the Duggar brand. Not saying that she should have the same experience as me, but just something more age-appropriate that being dragged on stage/camera with prezzzzious miracle baby Josie.

Also, can somebody please put a fitting top on Josie? Thankyouverymuch.

Here's the pic, so you know what I'm rambling about:

Johannah+Jordyn+Mackynzie+Jennifer+Josie

Yes Jinger too.  I see that’s now. Funny I saw her resemblance in the pic Jinger posted of them two recently. But discounted it here until you said it. It’s maybe the mouth area? The Chin? I’ll have to look at the *jingle pic, that one i thought eyes, maybe? Lol 

I’m ducking over fighting spell check on that name, this is the third word for her name it has thrown at me, I’m leaving it now. Jingellic was one I got ?‍♀️

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

I agree! Mostly a Jessa/Jinger mix for me.

Also (this may be a bit weird), but I had my first kiss when I was 13 (almost 14), compare that to teenage Johanna who now seems to be stuck with her younger sisters (Josie is only 9!) for that stupid CD and well... the Duggar brand. Not saying that she should have the same experience as me, but just something more age-appropriate that being dragged on stage/camera with prezzzzious miracle baby Josie.

Also, can somebody please put a fitting top on Josie? Thankyouverymuch.

Here's the pic, so you know what I'm rambling about:

Johannah+Jordyn+Mackynzie+Jennifer+Josie

I agree. I see Jessa and Jinger in her... but also a little of Jana. 

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

Yes Jinger too.  I see that’s now. Funny I saw her resemblance in the pic Jinger posted of them two recently. But discounted it here until you said it. It’s maybe the mouth area? The Chin? I’ll have to look at the *jingle pic, that one i thought eyes, maybe? Lol 

I’m ducking over fighting spell check on that name, this is the third word for her name it has thrown at me, I’m leaving it now. Jingellic was one I got ?‍♀️

Also is it me or am I over analysing things, putting to much of my own opinion on things? But Mac look like the only one with life in her eyes? 

1 minute ago, twoandthrough said:

I agree. I see Jessa and Jinger in her... but also a little of Jana. 

Oh yes her to big top, irked me no end. 

And a future bridal party photo if ever I did see one too

On 11/20/2018 at 5:52 AM, SassyPants said:

Which is weird if it's a show about the married and procreating 2nd generation Duggars!

this just bothers me...about making the 2nd generation already procreating.. clearly jinger and jessa are trying to engage the viewer that Johanna is so old looking. They have motivation. $$$

she is a freaking child who hit puberty - let her be. 

Johannah looks like a combo of all the older sisters to me. It's always so interesting to see how genetics play out in these mega families!

So the day after I give all the Duggar ladies short hair it is actually a Bates who decides to cut her hair. Hmmmm ?

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, Mama Mia said:

Wellll......if my one big attempt at a style change ended with my having the exact same hair cut as my mother-in-Law - I might have a hard time hiding my negative reaction too !:mindblowing:

Mr. Four once suggested that I style my hair like his mother's.  After I responded, he never mentioned It again. I do sometimes wonder if he thought it was attractive or sexy, but I really don't want to know.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:52 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Also is it me or am I over analysing things, putting to much of my own opinion on things? But Mac look like the only one with life in her eyes? 

Oh yes her to big top, irked me no end. 

And a future bridal party photo if ever I did see one too

No, I notice it too. Her smile reaches her eyes. 

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

Mr. Four once suggested that I style my hair like his mother's.  After I responded, he never mentioned It again. I do sometimes wonder if he thought it was attractive or sexy, but I really don't want to know.

My ex husband had some major hots for Laura Linney until I pointed out that she was basically a younger version of his mom with better styling. (It wasn’t even a “you can see it if you squint” situation - we’re talking full on clone, here. ?)

Holy cow, I would not have recognized that as Johanna, she has lost her "baby face".  Josie is shockingly small  for only being 12 months younger than Jordyn she is nearly a head shorter, and WTF with the oversized dress/top? She looks like she was playing dress-up not going to her brother's wedding. I'm guessing this is MEchelle's idea of parenting, All those girls look dead behind their eyes, If only CPS could come in and take them all out of the home, they might have a chance. JB&M are only beating any life out of them to keep them at home, not giving them any love and affection, as they just don't have it in them to parent strangers. 

I thought Johannah was a clone of Josh for the longest time but her face has changed here. I do see quite a bit of Jinger but with softer features.

Absolutely agree with everyone saying that Mackyznie is the only one with real joy in her eyes. I generally feel that way about the M'kids. It's strange in a sense given who their father is and that they've had to face a lot more adversity in their young lives than their cousins, but I think that it's a testament to what a good Mom they have in Anna. Yes, she's a fundie, yes I'm sure her home schooling leaves a lot to be desired, yes she stayed with that dirtbag, yes she's got 10 million backwards views BUT I think that she's done a very good job raising those kids mostly on her own. They look happy, clean, well-dressed, etc. I'd take Anna's parenting over all the others so far save Kendra whom I can't judge based on lack of information. 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

All those girls look dead behind their eyes, If only CPS could come in and take them all out of the home, they might have a chance. 

This is a very flawed view of the foster care system. Placing a child in foster care is a last resort for the worst situations; it's not a magic cure-all for lousy (but not illegal) parenting. Everyone thought losing 24/7  access to their sister moms was traumatizing to these girls. Can you imagine foster care? Losing your house, your clothes, your toys, your relatives (big siblings, nieces/nephews, sister-in-laws), your church, all your friends, everything you ever cared about? Foster children are also over-medicated and more likely to experience sexual abuse, often from other children in the home. We all wish JB and Michelle were better parents, but foster care would make things a million times worse for those kids, not better. Additionally, CPS-trigger-happy attitudes like these tend to make Duggar-style families more isolationist because they fear interacting with the world will result in losing their children.

12 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

It look like Jenni is getting a different look. I don’t see any of the older sisters in her. She’s still very young though. 

Jill- I see Jill in her.

Poor Josie just looks a mess. She’s so small and looks fragile compared to her sisters and then they have her in that huge hand me down shirt/dress. I would not want to be the youngest of 19, especially in this family. 

What is going on with the constant head scarves on Felicity? It doesn't seem like Jinger is promoting any head covering product on Instagram, so I don't get why the baby's head is never uncovered. It makes me wonder if she has a birthmark or something going on that her parents don't want us to see.

@allthegoodnamesrgone, thanks for mentioning Jordyn!  I could not think of her name at all.  I could remember the names of the other girls, but not Jordyn's.  

I agree with your comment about Josie's size.  While it's normal for micropremies to be smaller than kids born at term for the same age in the early years, a lot of the difference tends to disappear as the kids get older.

12 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

What is going on with the constant head scarves on Felicity? It doesn't seem like Jinger is promoting any head covering product on Instagram, so I don't get why the baby's head is never uncovered. It makes me wonder if she has a birthmark or something going on that her parents don't want us to see.

It's winter, plus fundies have to put things on their infant daughters' heads to make sure everyone knows that they're girls. But there are photos of Felicity with her head uncovered. Here's one:

31 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

What is going on with the constant head scarves on Felicity? I

I figured she doesn't have much hair and of course we need to know she's a girl....

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone, thanks for mentioning Jordyn!  I could not think of her name at all.  I could remember the names of the other girls, but not Jordyn's.  

I agree with your comment about Josie's size.  While it's normal for micropremies to be smaller than kids born at term for the same age in the early years, a lot of the difference tends to disappear as the kids get older.

@allthegoodnamesrgone It’s tough to know. Micro preemies, like Josie, do have a higher chance of remaining on the small and light side even as they get older than other preemies have (in addition to a higher chance of developing a whole bunch of potential complications.) I don’t think there’s any way to know for sure whether her Prematurity is the cause of her petite stature, but I think it’d be a pretty safe guess that it’s at least a big contributing factor.

Sometimes you luck out and your preemie “catches up”, but other times it just doesn’t happen. I don’t think her parents are good (or even passable) parents, but it’s possible that Josie would have been petite regardless of who her parents were. We were told by NICU staff and our daughter’s Pediatrician that 2 is around the time a preemie will “catch up” to their peers. If it hasn’t happened at that point then it may not happen at all. 

My preemie is a giant at 10 months - 99th percentile height and 75th weight, which is compared to full term babies of her age. She was born pretty big giver her gestational age, but was still like 5th percentile compared to full term babies. Now, I had low PAPP-A which is correlated with uterine growth restriction so it's possible that she should have been bigger at birth given that factor and therefore she was destined to catch up in a way that a different preemie wouldn't.

Josie also has really fair complexion which makes her skin look almost translucent so combined with being tiny that can sometimes make kids look sickly even if they are not.

I was a preemie and I'm smaller than my identical twin. I was pretty much always smaller than her except one year, so I never really caught up with her. It varies, so idk if she'll ever catch up. Josie does look really young for her age.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived