IGNORED

Erin and Chad 4: Hoping She Loses the Polka Dot Cape

Coconut Flan

I never understand how these people take all the effort to dress up and then lose their outfit after a quick picture. I have seen the same at Duggar weddings, it is a party, keep your party dress on!

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I never understand how these people take all the effort to dress up and then lose their outfit after a quick picture. I have seen the same at Duggar weddings, it is a party, keep your party dress on!

I usually change shoes but that’s about it. I might add a sweater if I’m cold. But I don’t completely change at weddings or dress up parties. I always imagine these outfits have to be incredibly uncomfortable to make them want to change right away. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I usually change shoes but that’s about it. I might add a sweater if I’m cold. But I don’t completely change at weddings or dress up parties. I always imagine these outfits have to be incredibly uncomfortable to make them want to change right away. 

Even if they are uncomfortable. If you put effort in putting your outfit together (fancy dress or a costumes) I always want to keep on wearing it. I can wear jeans and sweaters everyday.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Even if they are uncomfortable. If you put effort in putting your outfit together (fancy dress or a costumes) I always want to keep on wearing it. I can wear jeans and sweaters everyday.

I imagine they paid a decent amount of money to either buy the costumes or rent them. Just to feel like I got my money’s worth, I would want to wear it for a little while. But I suppose it’s impractical to wear when you have three kids three and under. 

• Upvote 5

I think the casually dressed gift exchange might have been a different part of the weekend. Taryn didn’t blur everyone’s features out!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think the casually dressed gift exchange might have been a different part of the weekend. Taryn didn’t blur everyone’s features out!

I don't think so. There are some archery pictures where Carlin (and some littles) is still wearing the mid-evil dress (you can always count on her to stay extra) while Erin is already wearing the same top as in the gift-giving pictures. Also, you can see Whitney with the braids still in but with a casual outfit.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 2/19/2019 at 4:14 AM, CarrotCake said:

I don't think so. There are some archery pictures where Carlin (and some littles) is still wearing the mid-evil dress (you can always count on her to stay extra) while Erin is already wearing the same top as in the gift-giving pictures. Also, you can see Whitney with the braids still in but with a casual outfit.

I think they showed up in their costumes, took a bunch of pictures posing in them, and then quickly took them off. The rest of the party was the gift exchange, games, and eating snacks  while in regular clothes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Wasn’t there the usual “couples” only party? Wasn’t the photo of the girls all dressed up in normal clothing labeled “couples” evening? Are there enough single/ non- matched girls to safely watch all those kids?

On 2/17/2019 at 10:18 PM, TeaELSee said:

Whose house is that?

I think its a hotel lobby, not a house. Who has a rotating display of travel info in their house? : ) 

Actually just found it--its a home builder: https://www.naturalelementhomes.com/ 

The font matches that on the wall.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Erin did a "facts about herself" post:

I like this game too. 

1. I don't particularly love Jesus. I like reading the Bible though, and I have several of them in different translations. 

2. I married my husband almost 6 months ago. We still like each other. We haven't given anyone marriage advice or bragged about not getting divorced. 

3. Pet names are too private to be shared. 

4. We have no children and no desire for any, at present. 

5. Despite having no children, I don't get properly dressed a lot of days. Yay, working from home!

6. I like to decorate, but I don't like to change things all the time. If I had more money I would do more decorating. My style is soft, cozy, and warm, but without a lot of stuff. 

7. Husband and I live in a large apartment with two roommates in a small town in northern Germany. We're in the very center of a charming old town where no cars are allowed, and my windows look out on a 16th-century building that's now an independent movie theater. I feel very spoiled living here. The rent for the whole 4-bedroom apartment is substantially less than I paid for my one room in a 2-bedroom apartment in New York. I could use a bit more sun though. 

8. I love to travel, and even though we don't have a lot of money at the moment I love researching trips I want to take in the future. Tell me about your travel dreams/adventures! 

9. I've loved to read since I was small, and I'm usually reading a novel and a few other books. This year I've decided to only read novels by women. So far I've read White Chrysanthemum and Ancillary Justice, as well as the 3 subsequent novels in the Ancillary Justice world. Now I'm reading Mansfield Park and next I plan to read Lavinia. Please give me your recommendations! 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

Erin seems so committed to announcing that she has a perfect life that I wonder what is really going on in her home

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

, Erin's post screams trying too hard

I think.Erin is very naive. And that she doesn't know how her posts sound to others. She has drunk and still is drinking koolaid. And although I'm sure her love for Chad is sincere, I suspect that she thinks that praising him loud, she's praising the Lord for being good with her.and giving her a nice life.

On the other side, I could be like her. I could write constantly how my husband is so good, handsome etc. Because he is. But I would never do it in IG because it's embarrasing!

• Upvote 19

On 2/23/2019 at 5:35 AM, lumpentheologie said:

2. I married my husband almost 6 months ago. We still like each other. We haven't given anyone marriage advice or bragged about not getting divorced. 

Nearly spewed my coffee... thanks, this is hilarious. And #7 is quite interesting and appealing.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

I think Erin is a perfectionist and a try hard. She wants that picture perfect life. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I don't think Erin trying to cover anything. Sometimes there are couples where the husband/boyfriend/SO really is extremely devoted and worships his wife. Perhaps that's how Chad really is. Erin may still be madly in love with him. She seems to have a lot of freedom (at home) and gets to engage in her interests (interior design, cooking/baking, piano playing, makeup & hair), she sees her family often, and Chad is a good provider. For all she was prepared to do in life and to have "no expectations" as JimBoob says, she really may think Chad and her current life is THAT amazing. We will never know the truth, since we can't actually see into their home on a daily basis. 

Sometimes I really look back on my life and think damn I have it good and my fiancé does SO MUCH for me. But I just wouldn't post about it on social media. Plus, I don't have a cult to sell. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I don't think Erin trying to cover anything.

She has three children under four. She says she could have "a million more." The women I know who have small children do not talk like that. Usually they complain of being covered with a veneer of spit up and poop.

• Upvote 4

@Hisey My mom was like that though. Went into depression when the doctor said she couldn't have any more and she'd just had 5 in 10 years! She hated all of us ages 8+ but man did she love babies and toddlers. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

My take has always been that if her posts are a true reflection of her life (and we likely will never know if  they are) than it may be gratitude that her life didn't turn out too bad considering what she's seen. These women have all seen the other women and girls in their cult married off to less than ideal men who don't uphold their end of the bargain. They've seen the ones in poverty, the ones living in travel trailers or shacks with insufficient water heaters and lack of resources. If they all attend the same conferences and churches and such, stories will I'm sure pop up about praying for Jane Doe because her husband lost his temper again and the police were called and such. Chad and their tiny home with some extra cash  a family that helps, and a TV show to earn some rainy day money is a total walk in the park in comparison. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

@Hisey My mom was like that though. Went into depression when the doctor said she couldn't have any more and she'd just had 5 in 10 years! She hated all of us ages 8+ but man did she love babies and toddlers. 

5 in ten years! Wow.

My own mother used to say that I was "great" until I got to be about 8 years old. That seems to be the age when kids start to have a mind of their own. 

51 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

My take has always been that if her posts are a true reflection of her life (and we likely will never know if  they are) than it may be gratitude that her life didn't turn out too bad considering what she's seen. These women have all seen the other women and girls in their cult married off to less than ideal men who don't uphold their end of the bargain. They've seen the ones in poverty, the ones living in travel trailers or shacks with insufficient water heaters and lack of resources. If they all attend the same conferences and churches and such, stories will I'm sure pop up about praying for Jane Doe because her husband lost his temper again and the police were called and such. Chad and their tiny home with some extra cash  a family that helps, and a TV show to earn some rainy day money is a total walk in the park in comparison. 

This makes a lot of sense and may very well be the way she is looking at things. These girls really take a leap of faith when they get married. I can't imagine basically promising to obey another human being for the rest of my life.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic