IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The happiness really shines through and makes me think he’s actually pretty good looking. Something I never thought during his bachelor to the rapture days. 

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

The happiness really shines through and makes me think he’s actually pretty good looking. Something I never thought during his bachelor to the rapture days. 

It's amazing what happiness and love can do to a person right?

just got to the end of this week's episode and......we have a courtship announcement from JD! surprise, lol. better yet, we have a better date - about one month before Si's wedding. And they made it official "after a few weeks" - so people who'd speculated May 6 from when their "friendship" stage started based on flight-tracking JD's plane are probably right. 

not sure how *super* literally to take John's "we met on a Sunday, confirmed mutual interest on a Monday, and then were courting, green-light!" line.....lol

2 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

just got to the end of this week's episode and......we have a courtship announcement from JD! surprise, lol. better yet, we have a better date - about one month before Si's wedding. And they made it official "after a few weeks" - so people who'd speculated May 6 from when their "friendship" stage started based on flight-tracking JD's plane are probably right. 

Seeing them together in that end segment makes me think they are truly the best Duggar match I have seen thus far.

37 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

Seeing them together in that end segment makes me think they are truly the best Duggar match I have seen thus far.

I know it’s because I’m PMSing and extra emotional but damn they make it hard to dislike them. I really hope they somehow break the mold. 

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I agree. He looks much younger, happier, and more attractive.

I have to admit, John David was adorable when he introduced Abby to the tv audience.  They started courting 2 days after they “met”!

2 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I have to admit, John David was adorable when he introduced Abby to the tv audience.  They started courting 2 days after they “met”!

I haven’t seen the episode but the recaps I’ve seen said they started courting a week after they met

They said that they met on a sunday, "confirmed interest" on monday, and started courting next monday, IIRC.

17 minutes ago, xenobia said:

They said that they met on a sunday, "confirmed interest" on monday, and started courting next monday, IIRC.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but if that's the actual timeline, I'm glad their getting together did not involve any of that "asking the dad for permission to enter a courtship" nonsense. And based on the last picture (they do look incredibly happy!), they also have much looser courtship standards. Good for them, GO JABBIE! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

9 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Loved seeing them on last nights episode. They really seem in love at least to me. 

I am happy for them, I hope they have a good relationship and marriage. 

[I also hope they abandon their toxic beliefs, but alas...one can dream, right?]

16 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

It's amazing what happiness and love can do to a person right?

I have to agree. I never thought he was cute, but he really is now. 

I hope they're super happy and super quiet about whatever hateful shit they believe in.*

*I'm not holding out for dropping them. Quiet is all I ask for.

One of my favorite things about these two is that they talk about their relationship with genuine excitement, and minimal references to 'the Lord.'

JD looking guys have always been my type. While I hate to admit it, there's just... something about guys that look like a proper daddy snack. He's got such a round and kind face, he's got the body of a perfect man (to me). And he probably has a fine fundie guy booty too.

I've gotten a lot of flack from a lot of my friends for liking guys that look like your average joe, that wear flannels and jeans, that to the outside don't seem like anything "special". But I've stopped being insecure about my taste in men. Because what I want ain't nobody else's business, lol.

I wish there were more women like you!

Both of my sons look like your average Joe.

One son feels like no women will ever want him.

The other was in bad relationship,she shattered his self-esteem.He's better off without her...if he did anything she did not like,she'd "punish" him..usually by going to the bar and posting a pic of her with another guy.She'd post constantly about how wonderful she is,how beautiful she is ,how kind she is etc.How she needed passion,raved about male strippers,Channing Tatum or Brazilian singers..how they could "take care of her".

I hated most of all her pretense of loving him,future faking him and making him feel unwanted.

No matter if he's grown,he is still my child....as a mother you share in their joy,but sometimes you feel their hurt,too.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It appears that John David came back home to the Duggar House and randomly introduced Abbie as his girlfriend. It looked like the siblings did not know about Abbie at all until he showed up at their house. They mentioned Joy Anna cried upon hearing that John has a girlfriend.

So, I wonder who was the chaperone when they rode from the airport to the house? Didn't the siblings notice John talking/texting Abbie on the phone? I guess the "getting to know you" period was so short, it's possible that only Jim Bob and Michelle knew. But did JB and Michelle fly to OK to meet her parents to discuss this courtship? Or can John handle this on his own because he's a male?

5 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It appears that John David came back home to the Duggar House and randomly introduced Abbie as his girlfriend. It looked like the siblings did not know about Abbie at all until he showed up at their house. They mentioned Joy Anna cried upon hearing that John has a girlfriend.

So, I wonder who was the chaperone when they rode from the airport to the house? Didn't the siblings notice John talking/texting Abbie on the phone? I guess the "getting to know you" period was so short, it's possible that only Jim Bob and Michelle knew. But did JB and Michelle fly to OK to meet her parents to discuss this courtship? Or can John handle this on his own because he's a male?

JB&M were speaking at the event in OK which Abbie attended, where JD&AG met. So I'm sure they ok'd it, and like John said the families have know of each other (IBLP reputation much....) for over a decade. I bet that 1wk between meeting and courtship was John getting the ok from Abbie's parents; it's not like both sets of parents explicitly have to meet with each other to approve of a courtship & I don't think that's been the case in the past either. In the "family cam" video from the episode, you can see Abbie's sister/s walk into TTH behind the couple; I'm assuming they were the chaperones for the flight to AR and the drive to the house.

4 hours ago, finnlassie said:

JD looking guys have always been my type. While I hate to admit it, there's just... something about guys that look like a proper daddy snack. He's got such a round and kind face, he's got the body of a perfect man (to me). And he probably has a fine fundie guy booty too.

I've gotten a lot of flack from a lot of my friends for liking guys that look like your average joe, that wear flannels and jeans, that to the outside don't seem like anything "special". But I've stopped being insecure about my taste in men. Because what I want ain't nobody else's business, lol.

"proper daddy snack" ??? I love this. I like the dad look too. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived