IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SapphireSlytherin My birthday is also in November. It's within a few days of Thanksgiving  (or on Thanksgiving itself) and growing up I usually had  a birthday cake on Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house in OK with about 50 of our closest relatives. Their house was out in the country and the kids always spent most of the day outside exploring the woods. I don't ever remember it being too cold to spend time outside, and it definitely never snowed. (I always kind of hoped I'd get snow on my birthday.)

I don't think the weather where Abbie is is very different but I really wouldn't be surprised if they did get married in NWA given the family Abbie is marrying into. (And it's not like it's a rule that a couple has to get married in the bride's town.) It would be nice if it's not a Duggar-dominant wedding, though.

22 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It would be nice if it's not a Duggar-dominant wedding, though.

I totally agree.  I'm hoping that Abbie won't feel pressured to go to Ms. Renee for her dress and bring all of the Duggar clan along, unless of course, that is what she wants.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

It's within a few days of Thanksgiving  (or on Thanksgiving itself) and growing up I usually had  a birthday cake on Thanksgiving.

My birthday falls just before Thanksgiving (the closest I get is four days prior), and I always had plastic turkey decorations on my birthday cake. lol

I, too, had birthday cake at the family Thanksgiving dinner. Better than my dad, whose birthday is NYE, and my hubby, whose birthday is Xmas eve. Poor guys...

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Do you think they'll serve burgers at the Burggar wedding? 

They're going to serve Dippin' Dots and those popsicles with lame jokes printed on the sticks in the church parking lot. 

1 hour ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I totally agree.  I'm hoping that Abbie won't feel pressured to go to Ms. Renee for her dress and bring all of the Duggar clan along, unless of course, that is what she wants.

I'm  hopeful Abbie gets to shop for her own dress, since Lauren did! 

my birthday falls on Thanksgiving every 7? years...but growing up it was always celebrated on Thanksgiving. when i was very young i just assumed that we had a big turkey family dinner for me! now i still celebrate it on that day because it is the one holiday that i demand that all my children are with me and not with their in-laws?

John’s facial expressions have really softened. He is truly smitten. Like all the fundy couples, I wish John and Abbie the best, however, I tend not to be too surprised when the ugly arises. If Abbie becomes a stay at home wife who ends up homeschooling the children, at least she has a science background. 

I'm very excited to be read of all of the other Thanksgiving week birthdays! I have the double bonus of Thanksgiving week and the exact date D.B. Cooper made his leap.

As for cakes, my birthday fell on Thanksgiving the year I turned 17. As a typical moody teenager, I was grouching around that I wanted a cake not a candle in the pie. I complained to my mom until she made a cake to take to Grandma's. because my mother was a little irritated with me, she put a plastic turkey on the cake. Unfortunately, it was too close to a candle, and in the middle of happy birthday the turkey caught fire and its head melted. We put it out immediately so there was no damage, but I will never forget my 17th birthday when we set the cake on fire (or at least the decorations)!

Thanksgiving week birthdays are some of the least common in the US! November 23-28 are all at the bottom of this list, with only 1/1-1/2, 7/4, and 12/24-12/26 being less common.* For some reason 11/22, despite also being a potential day for Thanksgiving, is up a little higher at #336. 10/31 is right in the middle of the Thanksgiving week birthdays, and of those birthdays 11/27 is the least common.

*February 29 is 347th on the list. I'm sure in absolute numbers it's the least common, but this is ranking by averages. In a year that contains February 29th, there are typically more births on that day than on the days previously mentioned as being the least common.

51 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Thanksgiving week birthdays are some of the least common in the US! November 23-28 are all at the bottom of this list, with only 1/1-1/2, 7/4, and 12/24-12/26 being less common.* For some reason 11/22, despite also being a potential day for Thanksgiving, is up a little higher at #336. 10/31 is right in the middle of the Thanksgiving week birthdays, and of those birthdays 11/27 is the least common

That's really interesting. My nephew was born on Thanksgiving (11/25) and my mom's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year, the 22nd, so 2 fairly uncommon birthdays. I have a friend who's daughter was also born on Thanksgiving (11/24). I know quite a few people with potential Thanksgiving week Birthdays. 

ETA my mom and nephew always get a separate birthday cake when their birthday falls on Thanksgiving.

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That's really interesting. My nephew was born on Thanksgiving (11/25) and my mom's birthday is on Thanksgiving this year, the 22nd, so 2 fairly uncommon birthdays. I have a friend who's daughter was also born on Thanksgiving (11/24). I know quite a few people with potential Thanksgiving week Birthdays. 

Yay! Your friend's daughter is only the second birthday buddy I've heard of! My first was a woman in my church that I learned about the year I turned 40 (I had just moved). I've had friends and family on the 23rd and 25th, but never the 24th. I do share a birthday with President Zachary Taylor and Scott Joplin, the king of Ragtime.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

*February 29 is 347th on the list. I'm sure in absolute numbers it's the least common, but this is ranking by averages. In a year that contains February 29th, there are typically more births on that day than on the days previously mentioned as being the least common.

February 29 must be hard date to be born on. I personally don’t know anyone who was on that date but I have seen stories of people who were. Their is or was a trio of siblings who were all born on February 29 they were in the Guinness Book of world records. 

3 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

February 29 must be hard date to be born on. I personally don’t know anyone who was on that date but I have seen stories of people who were. Their is or was a trio of siblings who were all born on February 29 they were in the Gusiness Book of world records. 

I actually know a couple . My mom's former coworker and my cousin's wife. They both celebrate on March 1st.

51 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

February 29 must be hard date to be born on. I personally don’t know anyone who was on that date but I have seen stories of people who were. Their is or was a trio of siblings who were all born on February 29 they were in the Gusiness Book of world records. 

I know exactly six people who were born on that day:  a classmate, her father, and her cousin (I don’t think that Guinness Book-worthy); a First Sergeant in ex-hub’s unit (I’m still friends with his wife on FB); a former co-worker; and my friend’s son. 

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Yay! Your friend's daughter is only the second birthday buddy I've heard of! My first was a woman in my church that I learned about the year I turned 40 (I had just moved). I've had friends and family on the 23rd and 25th, but never the 24th. I do share a birthday with President Zachary Taylor and Scott Joplin, the king of Ragtime.

My late father had a TG week birthday. Between that and having to spend every damn TG day with the in-laws for some reason, I really hate the holiday now. 

In all my many years on this earth, I have only ever met one other person with my birthdate-11/23. I do have a friend with 2/29 though!

42 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

In all my many years on this earth, I have only ever met one other person with my birthdate-11/23. I do have a friend with 2/29 though!

My aunt's birthday is 11-23. 

I wouldn't trade my Thanksgiving week birthday for anything! The only thing that makes it difficult is that I celebrate my friends' birthdays, but am usually doing something the weekend before, and they celebrate Thanksgiving with their folks the week after.

Since I live far from family and can't celebrate the holiday with them, I have whatever I want for my birthday/Thanksgiving. One year I made lasagna and another I did shrimp.

My birthday is October 9th, and frequently falls on Canadian Thanksgiving. It's nice when I get the day off on my birthday, but can be hard for social/party planning because people are usually in turkey comas with family. One of the most memorable birthday parties I had as a kid happened a couple of weeks after my birthday. I was turning 9, and we had a Halloween slumber party with costumes, candy, games, and scary movies. As an adult I appreciate having the day off, and the fact that there are often dance parties on the Sunday night. I don't always have turkey for my birthday, but there's always cake and/or ice cream.

My mom just had hers Sep 12. She shares with Mason Duggar, and is the day before Moochelle. Unlike the DQ, she is a very good mother. Yes, there were bumps in the road when I was little, but no matter what happened, she did the best she could. She continues to be loving, compassionate, helpful, and understanding with us adults.

Pickles must be falling behind in her FJ stalking... she finally posted her version of the JD/ Abbie wedding info (Pickles quote:  "According to a source who got an invitation, John and Abbie will be "married the first weekend of November" and "not in Arkansas". So I guess that means November 3 in Oklahoma, Abbie's home town."). 

i know someone here "called it" about pickles getting the wedding date from "a source"...she just posted it

@Cheetah, we posted at the exact some moment LOL

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived