IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace 4: Wedding Planning

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Irishy said:

I’m not super familiar with Krista. But her anti abortion stance, no matter how she dresses it up as - the choice to oppose etc. is incredibly damaging to women, already struggling to retain or reinstate safe abortion care in the US. She’s marching for the right to oppose abortion. Basically the right to restrict fundamental human rights and women’s healthcare. She’s dangerous 

Ireland is currently legislating for abortion care, which will be FREE we just learned this week. And this is what the antis are expecting to happen...

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/12/13/ireland-set-to-open-first-industrial-abortion-factory-in-coming-days/

What do you mean marching to oppose abortion? I didn't see that anywhere....she marched in the women's march...

She's pretty vocal that she 100% thinks abortion need to be lega and has said Roe is good law...and has condemned many pro-lifers and their stances...did I miss something?

She thinks abortion is wrong but thinks it should be legal and advocates for it being legal....what makes that dangerous? 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birthdays are so interesting to me! My birthday sometimes lands on thanksgiving. I share a birthday week with my sister and cousin so its always a big birthday party on thanksgiving.  We are all 10 days apart. I love thanksgiving, it kinda sucks that I never had a formal birthday party or that I always have to push it into December (which becomes impossible to schedule!). 

11 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

What do you mean marching to oppose abortion? I didn't see that anywhere....she marched in the women's march...

She's pretty vocal that she 100% thinks abortion need to be lega and has said Roe is good law...and has condemned many pro-lifers and their stances...did I miss something?

She thinks abortion is wrong but thinks it should be legal and advocates for it being legal....what makes that dangerous? 

I read upthread that she marched for women’s right to oppose abortion. I believe that to be a dangerous position. But like I said, I’m unfamiliar with her and really need to do some homework.

8 hours ago, Irishy said:

I read upthread that she marched for women’s right to oppose abortion. I believe that to be a dangerous position. But like I said, I’m unfamiliar with her and really need to do some homework.

I think that person misstated...she marched in the woman's march even though she's pro-life.

Just for clarification, Krista has a tumblr where she answers the hard hitting questions about abortion, religion, etc. Not sure if I’m allowed to link directly. But the web address is her name dot tumblr dot com. 

4 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Just for clarification, Krista has a tumblr where she answers the hard hitting questions about abortion, religion, etc. Not sure if I’m allowed to link directly. But the web address is her name dot tumblr dot com. 

You absolutely are. Feel free to link to her. I’m not familiar with the person in question or i would do so. :)

10 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

Do you think she avoids issues or do you think she gives straightforward answers???

My birthday is December 21 (like Jinger) and there is no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that I would wait until then to put up my tree. I live for Christmas!!!! Our trees usually go up Thanksgiving weekend, but last year we had one up in early november. 

Growing up, my mom had a best friend whose birthday was Christmas Eve. She never got a real party or birthday cake and my mom was horrified by that so they always made a huge deal out of my birthday. My husband and children know how much I love birthdays so they still help make it a big deal and I’m actually really grateful for that; I will love birthdays until I die. (Seriously can’t understand grown-ups not wanting to celebrate them. You’ve lived another year!) Even though it’s juvenile, and I wouldn’t give someone a hard time about it unless it was family,  I hate combined gifts and Christmas wrapping is the worst! But I’ve mostly been blessed with people who treat my birthday special. Birthdays and holidays make me soooo happy!

On 9/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, karen77 said:

I still haven't met anyone with my birthday, craziness ( 11/13)

Catching up so you may already have found one by now but my sister is November 13th

My daughter decided to enter the world on my birthday this year, so now I have to share the 17th of July with her.

Granted, it was her due date, so it could have been expected, but which baby is actually born on their due date? My daughter, that's who. 

I was a bit annoyed at first (yes, I am particular about my birthday!), but have now decided that this has given me the perfect opportunity to stall aging: I simply won't have any more birthdays from this year on and remain 31 forever. Score! ?

On 9/20/2018 at 11:19 PM, bekkah said:

Birthdays are so interesting to me! My birthday sometimes lands on thanksgiving. I share a birthday week with my sister and cousin so its always a big birthday party on thanksgiving.  We are all 10 days apart. I love thanksgiving, it kinda sucks that I never had a formal birthday party or that I always have to push it into December (which becomes impossible to schedule!). 

Me and my "cousins" (kids of my godparents, we're all about the same age and don't really have cousins otherwise) are mainly born in July or have their name days in July, so back when we were kids we had a huge July party every year! It was so much fun.

My parents' anniversary, my birthday, and my mom's birthday are all within a three-week span, one after the other. My dad jokes that those three weeks make up the most expensive month of the year for him. I also found out that one of my really good friends and I are birthday buddies (born on the same day), so this year we threw a joint party, which was a ton of fun. 

And unrelated to all of that, but a friend of mine majored in computer science, and for a contest where you had to create an app in a set amount of time, he created an app that calculated when you were conceived, even factoring in premature birth and stuff like that. And that's how my friend who's a November baby realized that her parents had a lovely Valentine's Day 21 years prior. 

On 9/16/2018 at 2:05 PM, FrozenSmile said:

The invitation says that due to the size of the venue, only those on the RSVP guest list will be allowed in, so i’m assuming there will be someone checking a list. The same request has been on all the invites i’ve gotten in the past.

Oh wow, does this finally solve the mystery of what Jill r’s invitation to joy’s wedding said? There was something she was partially covering with her hand about rsvp-ing and space and I remember it leading to a lot of speculation about whether or not the duggars were reserving the right to say “sorry no space for third tier guests but you can send a gift” if they had too many replies. If it’s what you’re saying, though, that’s a LOT better. 

15 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Oh wow, does this finally solve the mystery of what Jill r’s invitation to joy’s wedding said? There was something she was partially covering with her hand about rsvp-ing and space and I remember it leading to a lot of speculation about whether or not the duggars were reserving the right to say “sorry no space for third tier guests but you can send a gift” if they had too many replies. If it’s what you’re saying, though, that’s a LOT better. 

If I were a Duggar I’d have someone check Invites at the door too. Even if it is for 1,000 people - although it’s probably more like 200 invites with an average of 5 per family.  

Otherwise you Could get a range of disrupters. They are minor celebrities - but the are also ones who could draw a protestor, or someone who’s been obsessed with the bride since she was 12, or even just someone who wants to sell early photos to a tabloid for cheap. 

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Their wedding is in November, isn't it?

Are we getting mixed up with Josie Bates' wedding to Kelton? I read somewhere that someone predicted they'd both get married on the same day, lol

10 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Are we getting mixed up with Josie Bates' wedding to Kelton? I read somewhere that someone predicted they'd both get married on the same day, lol

No, different days. Josie and Kelton's date is 10/5 and JD and Abbie's is 11/3.

18 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

No, different days. Josie and Kelton's date is 10/5 and JD and Abbie's is 11/3.

I had them completely switched in my mind, Josie and Kelton as 11/5  and JD and Abbie as 10/3 

DANG I was ready for some Jabbie pics

8 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

She was probably just covering up the rsvp website, because here’s what it says:

”Due to the size of the venue, all attendees must RSVP in advance as we will not be able to accommodate any guest(s) not on the guest list. To accommodate everyone who does not RSVP, this request will be strictly enforced.”

I would almost bet money (oh no! Gambling!) that i will need to take my invite & show ID when we get there. When i RSVPd i had to give names of all the people coming, not just give them a number. So i guess we’ll find out when we get there.

19 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Me and my "cousins" (kids of my godparents, we're all about the same age and don't really have cousins otherwise) are mainly born in July or have their name days in July, so back when we were kids we had a huge July party every year! It was so much fun.

Whenever I read this, I can hear Michelles sweet voice and see her crazy eyes smile.

Please pray for my soul :my_dodgy:...

On 9/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, SweetJuly said:

Granted, it was her due date, so it could have been expected, but which baby is actually born on their due date? My daughter, that's who. 

Both my daughters came on their due dates.  My son was due on my birthday but arrived two days after. While I technically don't share a birthday with him it seems like his birthday usually takes over mine. Either we have his party on my birthday or something similar. 

On 9/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, finnlassie said:

We do the same thing.  My daughters, my niece and my nephew all have birthdays within in a 5 week span in Jan and Feb.  So we have a Super Quadruple Birthday to celebrate.

My sisters were both born in Jul, almost exactly 10 years apart.  Their children were both born in Feb, also almost 10 years apart. 

On 9/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, FrozenSmile said:

She was probably just covering up the rsvp website, because here’s what it says:

”Due to the size of the venue, all attendees must RSVP in advance as we will not be able to accommodate any guest(s) not on the guest list. To accommodate everyone who does not RSVP, this request will be strictly enforced.”

I would almost bet money (oh no! Gambling!) that i will need to take my invite & show ID when we get there. When i RSVPd i had to give names of all the people coming, not just give them a number. So i guess we’ll find out when we get there.

They almost need a ticket scanner at the entrance to the church.  Is there a line waiting to get in the church, it almost seems like security to get into a concert venue. 

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

We do the same thing.  My daughters, my niece and my nephew all have birthdays within in a 5 week span in Jan and Feb.  So we have a Super Quadruple Birthday to celebrate.

My sisters were both born in Jul, almost exactly 10 years apart.  Their children were both born in Feb, also almost 10 years apart. 

One of my sisters BFFs from High School, her parents had the same birthday 3 years apart, She & her husband have the same birthday, they had two kids who both shared a birthday, 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived